Family devotions

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Family devotions

Postby est92305 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Do you or did you do devotions as a family?
"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed and there will be none after me."
Isaiah 43:10
est92305

Re: Family devotions

Postby Wayfarer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi est92305,

We (me, my wife, and two kids) have "Bible time" pretty much every evening at 7:00. I read and teach and ask questions. We keep it short and simple. Then we pray together. Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's flat, but it's God's Word, so it's always good.
"And Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight and the clouds be rolled back as a scroll. The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend. Even so, it is well with my soul."
Wayfarer

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 am

I would love to be able to have devotions with my wife. :(

If anyone else reading this feels the same way, I just want you to know, you're not alone. (and I'm not looking for pity - prayers, yes, but not pity.)
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby Lightseeker on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Oh Kyle, I can relate. I too would love to be able to have devotions with my husband. I will pray for you and will pray that the Lord will draw your wife to Him.
Blessings...
Lightseeker

Postby noble1 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:36 pm

I can relate and will be praying that all of us would ramp it up in the area of family devotions! Who knows, a time may come where we will have to have them on the run and what has been stored away in our souls will come out in a flurry to share with others on the run!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Return to Family Room