So What's happening in your family?

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

So What's happening in your family?

Postby crmann on Fri May 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Yes, that's my question...

What's going on in your family these days?

I'll begin by sharing with you that at the almost age of seventy, I've got two grand babies on the way... My son is expecting his second, a baby boy, and my daughter is expecting her second, another baby girl.

My wife and I will be flying south to Florida at the end of May to help out when the little one arrives.

Then, this coming September, my daughter will home birth her little one here on the mountain in the summer cottage a stone's throw from our house...

Then, this Old Timer will have four little grand children.... three girls and a little boy....

Blessings, all....

Praise the Lord in all that He does...

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby proparent on Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Well, we moved to North Central Minnesota last August, and are settling in in spite of reduced work hours and then a lay off. But dear chef hubby is now working full time with extra hours decorating cakes, and I got a part time job too. Both of these jobs are locally in the small town we live about 4 miles south of. I'm homeschooling my 2 daughters, and looking forward to summer. My son (who posts on this board as Grets Sirob) is back safely from India, but is now looking for direction in his life. Prayers are appreciated for him. Being of the "prewrath" disposition, we're trying to stock up a little as we can, and making sure our home here on 7 wooded acres can be used by God to help any needing shelter when the times get really bad. That's about it for the news from Lake Wobegone. :sunshine:

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Fri May 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Good evening Proponent...

I was curious about North Central Minnesota, so I did a little research.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the unorganized territory of North Central Cass is an unorganized territory in Cass County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 24 at the 2000 census, has a total area of 89.1 square miles (230.8 km²), of which, 8.2 square miles (21.2 km²) of it is land and 80.9 square miles (209.6 km²) of it (90.84%) is water.

As of the census of 2000, there were 24 people, 10 households, and 10 families residing in the unorganized territory. The population density was 2.9 people per square mile (1.1/km²). There were 55 housing units at an average density of 6.7/sq mi (2.6/km²). The racial makeup of the unorganized territory was 62.50% White and 37.50% Native American.
There were 10 households out of which 20.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.0% were married couples living together, 10.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 0.0% were non-families. No households were made up of individuals and none had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.40.
In the unorganized territory the population was spread out with 12.5% under the age of 18, 4.2% from 18 to 24, 25.0% from 25 to 44, 29.2% from 45 to 64, and 29.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 140.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 133.3 males.

Good place to find a wife!!!!

The median income for a household in the unorganized territory was $71,250, and the median income for a family was $71,250. The per capita income for the unorganized territory was $32,314. None of the population or the families were below the poverty line.

Sounds like a really good place to live.
crmann

Postby jgilberAZ on Sat May 03, 2008 7:44 am

My daughter just came back from a two week mission trip to Israel. One week was spent ministering in the Calvary Chapel Tel Aviv soup kitchen. The second week was spent sightseeing. They also visited The Door of Hope to minister to and encourage those who God has sent to the Tel Aviv red light district as missionaries.

Next week, my family goes to Mexico (Bahia de Kino) for a few days on a mission trip.

Memorial Day weekend will be spent in Montana for a wedding.

June 30-July 4 we will be at a Calvary Chapel family camp in California.

Busy summer for us!

God has blessed my family so much. I am in awe of Him, and cannot wait to meet Him face-to-face. Rev 22:20

- Jeff
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby crmann on Sat May 03, 2008 8:01 am

Wow, Jeff...

Looking at all the things going on in your life tires me out just thinking about it. But then again, you're much younger than I.

I praise the Lord for you....

YBIC,
The Old Timer
crmann

Postby nickylouse on Sat May 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I find that my feelings of loneliness stem from boredom and so I contend that whenever I begin to feel that way that I am being selfish and that I should count my blessings and quit feeling bored. I should get out and help someone in need or go out into the community with the intent of being a reflection of Jesus.
:a2:
As for my family:
The wife God gave me divorced me last May.
My step-daughter's family have problems with me being around.
I have parents who refuse to acknowledge Jesus and as a result have a strained relationship with me.
nickylouse

Re: So What's happening in your family?

Postby nickylouse on Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 pm

crmann wrote:I'll begin by sharing with you that at the almost age of seventy, I've got two grand babies on the way...

Praise the Lord in all that He does...

The Old Timer

Children's children are a crown to the aged
:praying: for good health and safe travels
nickylouse

Postby Loop on Sat May 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Staying busy here in the beautiful WV mountains, we break and train young horses and it took a very well broke and gentle one we raised to throw me and break and dislocate my shoulder, very unexpected from him, he decided to rear, spin, and take off bucking the day before Thanksgiving, I never dreamed it would take this long to get well, and I'm still not there yet...
But we are finally back at it, we are starting our two year old rescue, after what I've been through, give me the green babies LOL!
My daughter is getting married June 13 to a young man who has made it clear he wants nothing to do with us, please keep us in your prayers, our step-granddaughter is due in one month with her first baby, a little girl, "very exciting"!
We are over-run with deer and turkey's and coyote's, but hey, thats home!
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby proparent on Sat May 03, 2008 9:36 pm

crmann wrote:Good evening Proponent...

I was curious about North Central Minnesota, so I did a little research.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the unorganized territory of North Central Cass is an unorganized territory in Cass County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 24 at the 2000 census, has a total area of 89.1 square miles (230.8 km²), of which, 8.2 square miles (21.2 km²) of it is land and 80.9 square miles (209.6 km²) of it (90.84%) is water.

As of the census of 2000, there were 24 people, 10 households, and 10 families residing in the unorganized territory. The population density was 2.9 people per square mile (1.1/km²). There were 55 housing units at an average density of 6.7/sq mi (2.6/km²). The racial makeup of the unorganized territory was 62.50% White and 37.50% Native American.
There were 10 households out of which 20.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.0% were married couples living together, 10.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 0.0% were non-families. No households were made up of individuals and none had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.40.
In the unorganized territory the population was spread out with 12.5% under the age of 18, 4.2% from 18 to 24, 25.0% from 25 to 44, 29.2% from 45 to 64, and 29.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 140.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 133.3 males.

Good place to find a wife!!!!

The median income for a household in the unorganized territory was $71,250, and the median income for a family was $71,250. The per capita income for the unorganized territory was $32,314. None of the population or the families were below the poverty line.

Sounds like a really good place to live.

It is a good place to live. We do live in Cass County, but just south of the little town of Pine River. Full of woods and fields, lakes and streams. The people are good common sense regular joes. I wish you could come and see the beauty here!

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Sun May 04, 2008 5:47 am

Proparent wrote:
I wish you could come and see the beauty here!

Thanks, Lisa.... I would love to... my goin, however, has got up and went...

But, I can read about it and look at the beautiful pictures.

What's an acre of land going for in your area these days? One fellow I know, just a few miles from me, has been selling his land, an acre at a time for $65,000. And that is umimproved... no water, no electricity, just a road to get there.
crmann

Postby proparent on Mon May 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Well, it depends on if it's lakeshore or not. Non lakeshore, unimproved might go for around 20,000 to 40,000/acre depending on where it's located. Our house with 7 acres and a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom house with attached 2 car garage listed for 149,000. If you look at lakeshore, then it gets astronomical! Way out of our price range that's for sure. :roll:
I'm very happy with our place in the woods.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Tue May 06, 2008 4:46 pm

If you look at lakeshore, then it gets astronomical! Way out of our price range that's for sure.

That's the way it is here... Down on the lake, one acre is running somewhere around 350 grand. And, restrictions say no homes less than 450 grand. can be built.
crmann

Postby BeTheMoon on Wed May 07, 2008 4:32 am

proparent wrote:My son (who posts on this board as Grets Sirob) is back safely from India, but is now looking for direction in his life. Prayers are appreciated for him.

:praying:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Swayde on Wed May 07, 2008 5:19 am

My family is doing pretty well. My son and I are nearing the completion of our second year of home schooling. His progress has been astounding, academically, spiritually and his behavior! He is getting close to 13 also and it really is amazing to me how much he's grown and matured. It's hard for me to imagine myself as the mother of a teenager. I am only 31 myself =)

My husband's work has been providing him with some much needed over time, so we've been able to keep up with our bills and even afford some home improvements. And I even managed to get him to take us to the air show at the base this weekend. That was pretty cool =) I was born here and have lived within about 20 miles of the Air Force base all of my life, and yet had never been to an air show before.

One of my brothers is expecting his second daughter in August and I am working on a gorgeous crocheted baby blanket for her. I made one for my first niece when she was born too.

My husband's sister is also expecting a baby, her 3rd and she wants to be surprised at the birth on the gender. I am not sure when that baby is due, we're not real close with them, but it's got to be pretty soon. *Mental note, send an email to her to find out!*

Another of my brothers had a review yesterday from his boss and it was exceptional. She told him he's been perfect on all of his quality assurance tests and is making her department look good and has guaranteed him a glowing report any time he tries to move up in the company. He's been there less than a year and already received 2 promotions and is on track for management and being considered for 2 new positions already. He's only 21.

My grandmother just lost her best friend. Poor woman really needs prayer. She's so hurt and lonely and bitter. If you even mention Jesus or anything she gets really sarcastic. She's 85 or 86 and has lived through the loss of most of her younger 8 siblings, and her husband and her youngest child which was her only son. She refuses to move in with anyone else, so she's all alone and complains about it constantly =(

The rest of my family is pretty much okay. Most are saved and they are the ones who are doing really good right now. The ones not saved are the ones really struggling with life in general and going through some rough times. Hopefully God will use that to His Glory and they will see that a lot of their problems are self inflicted by their rebelliousness, since they were all raised in Christian homes.

I am doing okay myself. I had to come to terms with us not being able to move out of our mobile home, but after much prayer I firmly believe we're where God wants us to be at this time and I have peace with it and even got excited about the home improvements and have been redecorating and stuff to spruce it up a bit. I am suffering from blisters on my lips from the over exposure to the sun and my sciatica is giving me much pain, but so far I've managed to do everything I need to do despite it. It certainly keeps me humble =)

And now I am off to the rental car company to drop off my rental and go pick up my car that was getting the bumper repaired after someone hit me in a parking lot. Praise God that his insurance company finally agreed to cover everything after 2 months of an ordeal!
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby crmann on Thu May 08, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks, Barbara for sharing....

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby mommalisa on Thu May 08, 2008 9:54 am

Barbara,

I work on South Manhattan Blvd in Tampa. That wouldn't be far from you. Last Saturday I heard the planes all day. One of my customers said the best place to watch the show was at the dump, as no one was out there and you could see everything fine.

I am not from Tampa (just work here), so I don't know where the dump is, but I bet you do. Anyway, nice to know someone who is also watching the end times is so close, sometimes I feel very alienated.

Missy
mommalisa
Supporting Member

Postby mela on Thu May 08, 2008 8:35 pm

My 2 sons are graduating College on Saturday. They go to the same college.
Needless to say that I am one happy momma. I consider it a wonderful m-day gift to me!
:praise: :whoohoo:
mela
Supporting Member

Postby proparent on Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 pm

:praise: :hugs: Mela!!

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby Hippiechic on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:12 am

Let's see... the boys are growing way too fast. Aidan is 4 and Evan is 2 1/2. Evan learned how to doggy paddle on Sunday night with his arm swimmies on. He's a little fish! Aidan wants to start school this fall even though he won't be 5 yet. I'm looking into private preschools... just can't afford 'em! I'm so not a teacher (Yes, that is what I scored 0 on in the spiritual gifts test... LOL) Chris and I will celebrate our 7th year of marriage in September, and as to our ages, well... :grin: Chris and I are both job hunting due to extreme financial hardship (his boss is full of promises, but we have nothing to show for it!), and have even been putting out resumes to churches. (We had a bite from a church in Canada yesterday! PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!) I haven't worked since we have had children, and am a bit nervous about getting back in the work force. I recently tried the PartyLite Consultant route, but was appalled at their 'cult-like' attitude. Apparently, PartyLite is the cure for everything that ails you spiritually. Who would have thought? We are extremely involved in our church right now. Chris teaches the adult Sunday School class and leads the prayer team, and I play keyboard and sing in the worship team/band as well as leading up the hospitality team. I love my life (exept for the continually broke part!), and am a bit nervous about the possibility of a major relocation in the future. I'm still trying to figure out what/who I'm going to be when I grow up. I guess if God leads that way that will be my answer! :grin: (Me? A Pastor's Wife? The one thing I said I never wanted to be? There was this guy that I liked that I would not date only for the reason that he was going to be a pastor. My husband was OK because even though he was called to preach, he was going to be a missionary... God didn't let him be a missionary. Where does that leave me? :lol: Possibly doing the one thing I said I'd never do!)
Jesus loves me for who I am,
and He loves you for who you are too!
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby daffodyllady on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Well, as a single Mom, I have found God a faithful and wonderful husband to me, and a perfect Father to my children.

I did not choose to be a single mom. Never thought I would be one. But when hubby of 18 years together decided we would be better off without each other, I suddenly found myself with only God to lean on. Which is really not a bad place to lean!

The children I had then were a 9 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son. What an age to lose a dad! But they both love the Lord today, and are serving Him above all else. Son is now 22. He has lost 100 lbs on Atkins. I am so proud of that guy! Daughter is now 15. And is entirely too pretty, with red-blond hair, big blue eyes, quick compassionate smile, and naturally slender figure... At least three of her male cousins have privately offered (to me) to check out any fellow that may want to date her. She is oblivious to the opposite gender at this point. Is myopic about the calling she felt ever since age 7: Egypt. She wants to give her life for the Muslims. This Mommy is biting her nails, thinking, yeah, give her life... in the first week, as a martyr! I am working on giving her to God.

And a new thing has come into our lives... I signed up for treatment foster care. Taking in little ones who have been badly mistreated, who have real issues. And now I have these two little Mexican-American mix children who have climbed right into my heart.

At first I had been adamant: No adopting. No way, Jose. But it seems God has other plans for our family. God is really stretching me. Figuratively and Literally. This child care takes limber joints and muscles. Today, I was crawling around outside with them, while building a chicken coop for my pullets. We had a wonderful time together again today. These two little ones are so much fun. We got two little kittens, which the kids carry around everywhere. They are learning concepts of kindness and nurturing, not only from Mommy to them, but from them to animals.

Their history was so full of neglect and abuse! When they came here, they had been used to being put into a room and left alone all day while young mommy left the house to do her own thing. They were terribly behind in their speech and emotional development, along with having some horrible fears, like closed doors, that we are helping them to overcome. They have progressed so fast since they came, that their teachers just look at each other and shake their heads in amazement. At the beginning of the school year, the little girl, who was 3, could not put 3 words together in a sentence. And those 2 words were almost impossible to understand. By the close of the school year, she was stringing together 10 words in a sentence! And her little brother is progressing like that, also. Leaps and bounds. We are seeing creative and imaginative play now that seems more on age level for them both.

Well... I was going to go into elderly care: I am a trained CNA. But I prayed for some job that I could do at home, so that I could be a keeper at home, as Titus 2 tells women to be.. and God answered my prayer far beyond my expectations! The income from this is double the level I was used to as a CNA, and it will continue after the adoption.
So, I must testify that God has blessed me graciously! I get to stay at home, and be a mom to little ones, save all that gas money of not having to run to work.. and my 15 yr old loves to work alongside me with the little ones. She is learning mothering and homemaking skills, which is one reason I wanted to do this.

nickylouse, my heart broke again when I heard your pain in your post. Oh, brother, my prayers are with you! I know the lonely, painful road you walk! But Jesus knows it even better. He felt every heartache we feel. And He will draw near and carry us when it hurts too badly. I am sure you have found that to be true, too. Sometimes, when I was at bottom, I would just pray,"God, you said you would give us the Holy Spirit to be our Comforter. Please, let Him comfort me now." And then I would sit quietly, making my inner soul stop writhing. And He would come! It is beyond description, the amazing peace and love that He wraps around the heart! I would be able to go from uncontrollable crying, to singing praise songs, in a very short time. Singing? Yes! He is more than enough! He fills every need to overflowing!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Hippiechic on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:43 pm

New update... The men of the church unanimously selected Chris to be a deacon this week! ;0) Kinda neat. :grin:
Jesus loves me for who I am,
and He loves you for who you are too!
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:48 am

:grin:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby Tevye on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:55 am

I can't go into the details
but I can say God is so awesome.
When things seem bleak, He provides.
We are in for a change for our family
and it looks positive at this point.
Either way, I will say, today
Praise the Lord Yeshua!
Tevye

Postby proparent on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:36 pm

So now here we are in North Central Minnesota, and it looks like we will be able to buy the house we are renting due to our property selling. We close Sept. 5th, and we'll only have a very teeny tiny mortgage which will be paid for in about 4-5 years. I'm sad about the little property we've sold as we have so very many memories there, but, well, selling it means a nice place in the woods for us now. My son Greg, (or Grets Sirob here on the board) is living with us now, and being able to buy our home now, means such a blessing to us. Being pre-wrath, we feel led to prepare as much as possible, so being all together now as a family we're stocking up and waiting to see what the Lord is leading us to. We seem to be led to a little church here that is led by a pre -trib pastor, so maybe we're supposed to help him see that maybe this isn't what the Lord is leading to? In any case, whatever happens, we want to be in His will, and be led by Him for whatever purpose He wants.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 am

Happy Birthday, Proparent!!! :happybirthday:

:banana: :clap:

:blessyou:

:hugs2:

Brenda [52 yrs. young also] :wink:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby proparent on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Awwwww thanks!!! :hugs:

Another year closer to Jesus!!!! :mrgreen:

(Being 52, now I guess you can consider that I'm now playing with a full deck. Or maybe I'm not!!)

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby nickylouse on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:41 pm

daffodyllady wrote:Well, as a single Mom, I have found God a faithful and wonderful husband to me, and a perfect Father to my children.

I did not choose to be a single mom. Never thought I would be one. But when hubby of 18 years together decided we would be better off without each other, I suddenly found myself with only God to lean on. Which is really not a bad place to lean!

The children I had then were a 9 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son. What an age to lose a dad! But they both love the Lord today, and are serving Him above all else. Son is now 22. He has lost 100 lbs on Atkins. I am so proud of that guy! Daughter is now 15. And is entirely too pretty, with red-blond hair, big blue eyes, quick compassionate smile, and naturally slender figure... At least three of her male cousins have privately offered (to me) to check out any fellow that may want to date her. She is oblivious to the opposite gender at this point. Is myopic about the calling she felt ever since age 7: Egypt. She wants to give her life for the Muslims. This Mommy is biting her nails, thinking, yeah, give her life... in the first week, as a martyr! I am working on giving her to God.

And a new thing has come into our lives... I signed up for treatment foster care. Taking in little ones who have been badly mistreated, who have real issues. And now I have these two little Mexican-American mix children who have climbed right into my heart.

At first I had been adamant: No adopting. No way, Jose. But it seems God has other plans for our family. God is really stretching me. Figuratively and Literally. This child care takes limber joints and muscles. Today, I was crawling around outside with them, while building a chicken coop for my pullets. We had a wonderful time together again today. These two little ones are so much fun. We got two little kittens, which the kids carry around everywhere. They are learning concepts of kindness and nurturing, not only from Mommy to them, but from them to animals.

Their history was so full of neglect and abuse! When they came here, they had been used to being put into a room and left alone all day while young mommy left the house to do her own thing. They were terribly behind in their speech and emotional development, along with having some horrible fears, like closed doors, that we are helping them to overcome. They have progressed so fast since they came, that their teachers just look at each other and shake their heads in amazement. At the beginning of the school year, the little girl, who was 3, could not put 3 words together in a sentence. And those 2 words were almost impossible to understand. By the close of the school year, she was stringing together 10 words in a sentence! And her little brother is progressing like that, also. Leaps and bounds. We are seeing creative and imaginative play now that seems more on age level for them both.

Well... I was going to go into elderly care: I am a trained CNA. But I prayed for some job that I could do at home, so that I could be a keeper at home, as Titus 2 tells women to be.. and God answered my prayer far beyond my expectations! The income from this is double the level I was used to as a CNA, and it will continue after the adoption.
So, I must testify that God has blessed me graciously! I get to stay at home, and be a mom to little ones, save all that gas money of not having to run to work.. and my 15 yr old loves to work alongside me with the little ones. She is learning mothering and homemaking skills, which is one reason I wanted to do this.

nickylouse, my heart broke again when I heard your pain in your post. Oh, brother, my prayers are with you! I know the lonely, painful road you walk! But Jesus knows it even better. He felt every heartache we feel. And He will draw near and carry us when it hurts too badly. I am sure you have found that to be true, too. Sometimes, when I was at bottom, I would just pray,"God, you said you would give us the Holy Spirit to be our Comforter. Please, let Him comfort me now." And then I would sit quietly, making my inner soul stop writhing. And He would come! It is beyond description, the amazing peace and love that He wraps around the heart! I would be able to go from uncontrollable crying, to singing praise songs, in a very short time. Singing? Yes! He is more than enough! He fills every need to overflowing!

First of all I thank God for encouragement through you. I always think of Isaiah 53 when I start to feel lonely and the loneliness that Jesus endured picks me up. Secondly, I want to praise Him for bringing you and your children closer to Him after your husband failed his duty to you. I sincerely hold to Romans 8:28 and even when we cannot see the good or even when the good that God is working is not for us directly, He is totally sovereign and totally good. Surely your son and daughter could not understand that God was working when their daddy left, but one thing you mentioned is that your dependence on Him grew and another is how the Comforter calmed you. And who knows whether those two new children of yours would be being taken care of right now had your marital situation not changed.

Don't get me wrong... I know God hates divorce and I could never condone it. In my own situation, I pleaded with my wife to reconsider. Admittedly, it was me who walked out at first (and I'm sure many brothers and sisters in Christ find it hard to show love to me because of that), but when I tried to repent after a few days she would not take me back. Fortunately we did not have children of our own. She had two from a previous marriage only. For the past 16 months I have continued to try to be the spiritual leader in her life, although it is difficult since we are apart. We remain friends and she does not have another man. So I continue to abide by 1Corinthians 7:10-11.
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. (Luke 21:25-NIV)
nickylouse

Postby MacD23 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Divorce. The Big "D".

It's the most bizaar thing I have ever been through... and it's just beginning. I feel like I have entered the twilight zone.
MacD23
Supporting Member

Postby BeTheMoon on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 pm

BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mr Dan on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

MacD23 wrote:Divorce. The Big "D".

It's the most bizaar thing I have ever been through... and it's just beginning. I feel like I have entered the twilight zone.

I hear ya brother, going through it myself.
Mr Dan

Postby TheBoldChristian on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 am

Hello All,

This is my first post, but it is certainly not the first time I've been on the site. I have been reading and studying this site since well before Herb passed away. I just never felt knowledgeable enough to add anything to the discussions.

When I saw this post today, I felt that this would at least help me to get my feet wet and introduce myself and mention what is going on with my family.

My name is Joe Austin and I am from Massachusetts. I have 4 children and have been married since 1991. Of those 4 children, 2 of them are special needs, with one of them being very severe. His name is Avery and he will be 2 this month. He was born 2 months early, because my Wife had severe preeclampsia and was having heart failure, so they had to deliver him asap. Avery has spent months and months at Children's Hospital, in Boston. When he is there, my Wife is also there with him 100% of the time. That leaves me to care for our other 3 children. Needless to say, it is very difficult to have our family split apart from each other, especially since we home school the 2 children without severe special needs. If you are interested, you can learn more about Avery here: http://www.theboldchristian.com/My-Ongoing-Trial.html

I apologize ahead of time if I am not supposed to post that link here, or the next one.

Well, Avery has been home now since January 2010 and we really would like to keep our family together, but our house was built in the 1920's and is in desperate need of repair and it is potentially dangerous for Avery to be here. So, my Wife and I decided to apply to Extreme Makeover Home Edition. When a friend of the family found out that we were doing that, she created a Facebook support page for us called "MOVE that BUS for AVERY!!!", which can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 8731139197

As of this writing, over 2,100 people have supported us here and the page has only been up since Thursday of last week! We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love that has been shown to our family.

Over the past few weeks, prior to the support page being created, I had been feeling a bit down about our situation, so I had been praying to Jesus to give us a little encouragement. Well, as you can imagine and as such is his nature, our cup runneth over. We are humbled and blessed by this movement and even if we are not chosen, we praise God, through Jesus Christ.

I know this seems a bit self-serving and I apologize for that, but if anyone here has a Facebook account, would you please consider supporting our bid for a new home? We are not looking for any handouts from our supporters. We are just hoping that if enough people are behind us, that it may persuade ABC to choose our family, so that we can stay together.

We are eternally grateful for any help that any of you could provide.

Thank you SO much and may God bless you all!!

Joe Austin
TheBoldChristian
Thank you,
Joe Austin
The BOLD Christian

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am The Way and The Truth and The Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
TheBoldChristian

Postby JayCee on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 am

Hello Joe

:welcome: to the board and so glad you had the courage to post! Thank you for sharing all about your family and all the trials you have had with the children. I will be praying that the Lord provides just what you need for a home together. It must have been quite a strain for you and your wife over the last two years.
JayCee

Postby burien1 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 am

Hi Joe ! Welcome to the FP gathering of believers ! I read for a lonnnggggg time before I joined, too. Your opinions are just as valuable as anyone else`s, and you never know when it just might edify and encourage someone else.

I know what it is like to long for a new home while trying to be content with what I have. I will be praying for your family.

Again, :welcome: :spin:

YSIC,
~Brenda~
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby TheBoldChristian on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 am

Thank you burien1 and JayCee!! Prayers are even greater support than the Facebook page is, so thank you very much for that. Ultimately, I know that it is up to Jesus as to whether we are chosen or not, so our faith is in him and not in that page or in ABC.

It has been a strain, but Jesus has always been at the center of it, which is why my Wife and I are closer because of it and not ripped apart like it has happened to others. That being said, we would much prefer to be under the same roof, than to have to live apart.

Thanks again for your prayer support!! God bless!
Thank you,
Joe Austin
The BOLD Christian

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am The Way and The Truth and The Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
TheBoldChristian

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 pm

I am not a member of facebook, but who needs it when we have the Lord? I have lifted your family up in prayer over this situation and am asking other members on FP to do the same, please.

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby joyfulchild on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 am

:hugs: WELCOME!!

You and your family will be in my prayers!

I have a spec needs son so I understand the needs and quite frankly the heart.

God Bless
Mel
joyfulchild

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:22 pm

:clap: Welcome to FP as an official poster!! :a2:

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for all You are accomplishing through the adventures in this special family. I praise You that You are in their midst and that it is Your strength and peace they draw on each day. Thank You for their wonderful children! What blessings these precious ones are! Father, I pray for guidance and excellent medical treatment. You know the needs and the requests of their hearts. Your Will be done Lord. I do pray they will be able to stay together, whatever happens. Thank You and please continue to show them many blessings. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby TheBoldChristian on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Thank you ALL SOOOOoooo much!!

I'm wondering if I should post this as it's own thread. Any thoughts on that?

God bless and thank you,
Joe
Thank you,
Joe Austin
The BOLD Christian

TheBoldChristian

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

:praying: for your families needs, bold Christian........and very earnestly want to hear that you and all of your family will be together under one roof, and with needs met. :praying:

Oh, and IMO, you should post this in the prayer section and ask that members bathe it in prayer.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 am

Same thing as MacD, NickyLouse and MrDan...I was divorced last year by my husband of 11 years. He isn't a believe in God or Yeshua (Jesus) so I have to assume it is God's will for me to be divorced...but it has been the hardest thing I've ever had to struggle through.

Cleveland, thank you for starting this thread, I enjoy it.

I have sold my beautiful hill country property--almost 16 acres with 4 buildings including my former home--and moved back into Austin, where I am renting a duplex. It's quite a come-down, but I have the feeling the Lord has me economizing for a reason...like that there are VERY hard times up ahead for us all.

I wish I had a family again, I really do...but I am just not ready to date again. Unfortunately, I realized this after signing up on several online dating sites and attracting some men. I was OK with dating as an intellectual concept, but when real men starting contacting me, it felt like battery acid being splashed into my heart--OUCH! Painful and weird, all at the same time.

So no, I'm not ready yet...and it has occurred to me that the Lord might want more one-on-one time with me as His and His alone.

At this point, it is completely in His hands, as it has been all along...whether I have a new husband or not.

Lord, I bow down before you and submit myself to your will for my life, including any new husband.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:44 am

Joe/BoldChristian,
Done. I assume that by your Facebook instructions to "click on the link on the left and leave a comment" you meant to click on your Wall page and leave a comment, right? I did that--I'm Tam--and I also "liked" you.

I pray this works!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby TheBoldChristian on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:12 am

Joe/BoldChristian,
Done. I assume that by your Facebook instructions to "click on the link on the left and leave a comment" you meant to click on your Wall page and leave a comment, right? I did that--I'm Tam--and I also "liked" you.

Hello WhiteH2OWoman,

First of all Thank You for your support!!

Sorry for taking so long to post back. I don't get updates, when someone posts here, so I didn't realize anyone had posted again.

There are two places that you can post to. The MOVE that BUS for AVERY wall and also the official nomination page on the Extreme Makeover Home Edition's Facebook page. Here is the link to that page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?ui ... opic=15855

You can click the Reply To Topic link on the upper right side of the above page to post there.

As suggested previously, I will be putting this in its own thread under the Prayer Requests forum as well. It is kind of hidden in this thread.

[edit] Here is the new thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=56702 [/edit]

Thanks again for all of your support!! I pray that God blesses you as he has blessed us!!

Joe
The Bold Christian
Thank you,
Joe Austin
The BOLD Christian

TheBoldChristian

Return to Family Room