Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Re: Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:12 pm

:praying: for you, dear sister.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 am

:hugs2: :praying:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am

WWW, you are so in my prayers! God will provide for you and He will heal your heart. Hang in there sister! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

To all my brothers and sisters who are struggling in their marriage,

Pastor Jon Courson has had some great days of daily devotions that are so encouraging. http://www.joncourson.com/ Here's an excerpt from today's:

After seven years of working and waiting, he woke up to find he had wed Leah instead of Rachel—the older sister instead of the girl of his dreams. But at the end of his life, when deciding where he would be buried, Jacob again had to choose between the two women. And this time, with eyes wide open, he chose Leah. Why? Because Leah produced a son whose name was Judah, from whom would come Yeshua, Messiah, Jesus.

So too, I have known people who have difficult marriages. However, they have developed, out of necessity, a deep walk with the Lord which never would have been developed if they had had an easier, simpler marriage. I know people who have hung in there and now say, “If I could do it all over again, I would willingly choose my husband or wife because our marriage has brought me to a richness with Jesus I never would have known had it been easier.”

These excerpts are taken from his book, "A Pillar By Day" by Pastor Jon. "A Pillar By Day" is a collection of 365 short devotions from the Old Testament books of Genesis through Deuteronomy.

I think I need this book!

Hope you are encouraged today family! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Family Room