Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby nickylouse on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:05 pm

:praying:
Lord Jesus, I pray that all of us here count our blessings; all of which come from You. May each one of us have a joyful time of celebrating the way our Pilgrim founders celebrated the abundant harvest and goodness You bestowed on them. You have not completely forsaken us as we are still reaping what our forefathers sowed in trusting and obeying Your call in their lives. Oh, Lord, please give us that divine spark to trust and obey You. And we will stand confidently upon Your promises because of Your own trustworthiness. Let it be as Your sovereign will demands.
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. (Luke 21:25-NIV)
nickylouse

Postby Melissas210 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:44 am

Oh Passion, thank you so much for all of that! I do find it hard to believe that you don't always have the words to "say" when being questioned. :wink:

Anyway, he says he has read the bible...afterall, he is Catholic. :roll:

God bless you Passion and all of your info. I am actually going to print it so I have some reference. Thanks again!
Melissas210

Postby Passion on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:53 pm

Melissas210 wrote:Oh Passion, thank you so much for all of that! I do find it hard to believe that you don't always have the words to "say" when being questioned. :wink:

Anyway, he says he has read the bible...afterall, he is Catholic. :roll:

God bless you Passion and all of your info. I am actually going to print it so I have some reference. Thanks again!

You're welcome, and I'm glad I could be of some help. Or maybe I should say I'm glad God chose to use me in some small way! :wink: To be used by people really stinks, but to be used by God.....woo-hoo! :wow: He's so awesome!

And I usually do get all tongue-tied when trying to trying to discuss things with people--and I don't mean just Christian apologetics, either! I say usually, because as long as someone's not arguing with me, I'm fine....but let them try to throw a monkey wrench into the mix and I oftentimes lose it. I've just always done much better with the written word, rather than the spoken. Ah well, some people are the other way around....there are folks who couldn't construct a sensible sentence if their lives depended on it, but are fabulously gifted orators. And then there's the doubly-gifted ones who can do both!

You say your hubby's read the Bible because after all, he's Catholic, but I have found that most Catholics really don't read the Bible much, if at all....many former Catholics have told me this, too....or if they do, they read the "Catholic" bible, which adds a lot of "extra" stuff. And it's not just the Catholics, but for instance, my mom was raised in the Episcopal church; and while she's told me a lot about the fun they used to have singing in the choir, she's never once mentioned Bible study. About 15 years ago she was going to a Bible study class and telling me in amazement the things she was learning that she'd had no idea of! The same could be said for me--from about the time I was 10 or so until I was about 13 (when I rebelled and refused to go anymore), we attended an Episcopal church. In those nearly 4 years, we were never encouraged to really get into reading the Bible for ourselves, there was no such thing as adult Sunday school; nor were there any small group Bible study fellowships. I belonged to the youth group for a couple of years, but learned absolutely nothing. No attempt was ever made to even teach the Trinity (at least Catholics have that!), and I had no idea that Jesus was God manifest in the flesh. I didn't learn this until, in my early 30's, I started attending a church that actually preached Jesus, had adult Sunday school, Wed. a.m. Bible study, and many small group Bible study fellowships (None of which I went to. Long story, but suffice it to say that for several years, I attended church because my son had asked me to take them--and like Herod, I enjoyed listening to the teachings. But also like Herod, I was too busy partying on the weekends to get up and get motivated, and actually go to Sun. school before church and really apply myself to learning God's Word. I chose the 11 a.m. service, so I could sleep in. :roll: ). This was an Episcopal church, but one of the few that wasn't apostate--in fact several years after that, we voted to leave the Episcopal diocese and ECUSA altogether. Oh, and then there's my son (now 24) who, when he was around 10 or 11, asked me to take he and his sister to church in the first place. He wanted a Bible--I got him one. He wanted the NT on tape--I got it for him. If you were to get into an argument with him re. Christianity (which he loves to do), he would tell you he's read a lot of the Bible. Sure, he's read some, and can point to things in the OT he doesn't like (like God ordering them to go to war, kill women and children, etc.); as well as the NT (like Jesus saying you must hate your family in order to follow Him) for the purpose of making his point--but he hasn't read enough to be able to take it in context, and get the big picture. And even if he did, he won't get the big picture, unless and until he humbles himself before God, repents, and asks God to teach him through His Word.

I'm not saying that your husband has not read the Bible at all--how would I know? I'm only saying, based on the Catholics and former Catholics I've known, not to mention my Mom's, my son's, and my own experience, that being a member of a certain denomination doesn't mean you've read/studied a lot of the Bible, that's all.

Bless you for hanging in there and trusting in the Lord! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 I will keep praying for you and your husband...and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving! :praying: :onlyjesus:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Hey all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that you are well and praising our wonderful Lord this day. If I seem a bit upbeat, you're not wrong.

I received a Christmas card from my wife today! I know it probably seems like small potatos, but I am rejoicing and I wanted to share it with all of you, who share my sorrows as well.
:banana: :clap2: :cheer:
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Oh Nicky! That is awesome news! I am rejoicing with you! :banana:
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:04 pm

:wow: Hey, a small step is still a first step! That's awesome! :banana:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:21 am

Optional Homework for the Club. :bag:

What special thing/action/conversation will you have or do with your spouse for the Holy-day?

How will you show the love of Jesus to your temporarily un-saved spouse?

Are you still claiming in faith that they will be saved?

Are you holding onto God's Word?

One year I had no money for a gift for my then un-saved hubbie, so I wrote down a list of 100 reasons why I loved Michael so very much and then I read them to him out loud.

Some were funny and some were memories, some were rather emotional. Will you make a list of 100 reasons you love your husband or wife this year? You will be amazed at how this stirs your heart with God's love for them.

Remember, God tells us to think upon that which is good and lovely....

Phl 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Phl 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phl 4:8 ¶ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Loving you and Praying always,

CG
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am

Kina,

I have to say that the thought of thinking of 100 things about my husband is truly a challenge these days! :cry: When I first read this the day you posted I thought that it was an awesome idea and I was excited to try. Obviously, as the days progressed and that wonderful father of lies began to work on me, I quickly lost interest!!

It is will a contrite heart that I will succeed and write my list for this Christmas season, even though I don't really feel like it. Please pray for me to head God's constant effort in my marriage. I know He is continuing to change my heart. I just get tired of the constant frustrations. :boohoo: (so glad we have a pity poor me emoticon)
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:33 pm

Heavenly Father, please be with my sweet sister Lord. You bless her with such amazing prayers.... I need You to do the same for her within her marriage. Father, we are so sorry when we let the enemy whisper to us that our marriages aren't savable. Lord, we are sorry for taking this burden on, when clearly it is only YOU who can save them. Lord, please give Salt the words and fill her heart with the Love you have for her hubbie. Make her heart overflow with Your love. Lord, please protect her from the bitterness that will try to creep in. Help her to see her hubbie even now as someone so very precious and important to You....

Father as I write this You impart upon me that You have placed this man into Salt's life for her sharpening and honing. You are showing me a garden filled with roses and flowers through all seasons... even with the snow they are brightly colored and radiant....I see a pair of pruning shears that are very sharp and yet still very worn with handles that have been used ALOT - I can see the indentations of handprints.....the pruning is so necessary to have this garden flourish through the coldest and harshest winters in this life. Please give wisdom and discernment to us all.
In Jesus name we pray and petition for our spouses. Thank Father.

Salt....start with this....I love you because.... 1. You chose me as your wife.

Look back over your marriage think of the times that were difficult and he was there for you, think of the times of a simpler life, how did he court you or how did he let you court him...lol....does he take out the trash - does he have a specific chore that he does for the home....does he spoon or cuddle you while sleeping, think of the times you looked on him with passion....do you love the way he sings in the shower. Start small sweetie, God will do the rest.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks for the prayers Kina! This one is going to take some work. :bag:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:35 pm

LOL - I've been there girl....truly....TRULY.... :wink:
So praying still! Maybe just come up with five for starters....LOL...

Not funny - but I so know where you are at.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:47 am

Good morning all...

The church that I go to was putting on what they call..."The Christmas Journey". It was an outdoor event that was led by a narrator with a microphone and a small group of about 15 people went out every few minutes. It started out with creation - Adam and Eve in the garden and how Eve was tempted (we all know the story)...and as we went thru the woods, we stopped for various scenes with people out there dressed like in the Bible days - and there were even live animals...donkey, llamas and sheep. It was very awesome...it told of Jesus' birth - then his childhood and finally got to the 3 crosses and how the stone was rolled away at the tomb and he rose again so we could have life. He paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we didn't have to! It was truely AWESOME - and I have to PRAISE JESUS that my husband went with me. Even my 2 year old went and loved it. The angels sang when Jesus was born and we all kind of teared up at the end when they showed the crosses...

I was hoping that at the end - when they offered the gift of salvation - he would step up, but hey - at least the seeds were planted even more so! I'm just thankful that he went with me!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby Passion on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 pm

:wow: That's great, Operator! Don't worry about him not stepping up and give his life to Jesus publicly--that kind of thing can be awfully intimidating, to say the least. It's just the right thing for some, but not so for others. Besides, right at that moment wasn't the right time--I think if it was, the HS would have practically shoved him up there! :mrgreen:

But like you said, even more seeds were planted....good seeds. And the fact that you said he teared up a bit is such a great encouragement! I remember several years ago, before my hubby was saved, he actually went to church with me (one of the extremely rare times he did back then). The minister at the church I was going to then was so gifted and used greatly by God (just ask White Water Woman, if she's still around--she and her church in Texas have Chuck now, darn it! Small world, huh.). Anyway, the sermon that day was about the Crucifixion, and he told about what medically happens to someone who is crucified....in detail. Hard to take, but just what hubby needed to hear. That night he told me how much it hurt him, thinking about the hell Jesus had to go through...and he teared up, too! No, he didn't give his life to Jesus then and there.....it was quite awhile later--but it DID happen!

So hang onto your hope and faith! :a2:

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:05 am

Good report, Operator. Praising God that through your persistence and the faithfulness of the church a clear message of salvation was truly heard.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal6:9
nickylouse

Postby Operator on Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:35 am

Thank you Passion and Nickylouse!

I love all of you on this board, more than you know!
You all mean the world to me!

Nickylouse - I'm glad that you got a card from your wife! That's awesome!

Passion - thanks for the encouragement and your story about your husband. I needed to hear that!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby Passion on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:40 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Mat 2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
Mat 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Mat 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Passion

Postby joyfulchild on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm

:( Hey everyone.I have new rather weird question.In this situation-unequally yoked.WHO keeps the children faithful to God?I feel in this marriage it is ME to do this as Dad has no faith.My fervent prayer is that I be allowed to LIVE thru what is to come so that I may present my children to the Lord.(of course at the same time Im always praying for my husband)I SO want to keep my babies(10yo and 8 yo now)not only safe but FAITHFUL as I know theres confusion and great deception to come.If I was to die before all this-I KNOW I just KNOW that my hubby will NOT do this as his lack of faith will lead them away and prob into the AC.IS it wrong to pray what I pray?IS it the Holy Spirit who keeps my childrens faith or is it me?Or is it BOTH??THIS is my question.I pray this prayer regularly and I want to be praying Gods will-not my own :cry: Sorry this is a hard topic for me as I worry all the time about this.I feel so BURDENED by this duty and to me it seems so necessary that I be allowed to LIVE through the GT-my husband is nowhere near being ready for the GT either!HE needs me too.WHAT is the role Biblically of the faithful wife in a family such as mine??
joyfulchild

Postby Passion on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:05 pm

I don't see anything wrong with praying as you are. I mean, think about it--it's totally unselfish. Here you are, willing to endure the hell of the GT, in order that your children and, hopefully even your husband, will be saved. Based on what the Bible says about the GT, that's about the most unselfish thing I can think of--as I'd rather be dead than go through that! :wink: (That's why I hope we get raptured sometime before all hell breaks loose--but what if we don't?) I feel the same way, although my kids are grown and out on their own, and my husband has become a believer. But, if I knew my living through something like that was what it would take to get one of my unsaved loved ones to get saved, I'd be willing to do it.

You say your kids are 10 and 8. Do they really understand who Jesus is, why He came, and why they need Him to save them? This understanding happens at different ages, but I've heard of kids as young as 6 who have grasped this, and given their lives to Jesus. About a week ago a 7 year old girl in my area, when told the Gospel by a woman in our church, said that she'd "been sinning for a looong time" :wink: ; and asked Jesus to be her Lord and Saviour! So if your kids can/have grasped this concept, and have already given themselves to Him, then the HS is living inside them, and you wouldn't need to worry. If not, then that's where my focus would be--making sure my kids were saved and spiritually prepared. That is, if I have it to do over--didn't do so hot with my two. Took them to church and that was about it. :(

I know it's a burden being the spiritual leader of your family--I've been there. :roll: The husband is supposed to be the spiritual leader, but if he won't (because he's lazy) or if he simply can't (because he's unsaved, or perhaps a baby Christian), then the burden falls to the wife/mother. Someone has to be the spiritual leader in your family, and since right now he can't (though we pray for that to change!), you must. Not only is there nothing wrong with this.....it's an absolute necessity! Although I'm sure Churchgirl can probably give you more insight in this area, since her hubby got saved a year ago and they have young kids at home.

Hang in there, and don't feel guilty for having your family's best interests at heart!

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi Joyful....all you can do is pray. Try not to worry, because worrying about it says that we don't think God is capable. The enemy is whispering in your ear that God is not mightier than this. The enemy wants you to worry.

Please keep claiming in faith that your hubbie will be saved. Keep walking your walk and keep leading your children by example. My youngest is 2.5 and she began raising her hands before she was one when gospel music would play. They will emulate the good and the truth if it is there for them to see. So will hubbie.

And to answer your question....God keeps the children faithful to God. All you can do is follow His lead, stay respectful and submissive to your hubbie as long as it doesn't go against what God is telling you in your life. Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Keep them mighty in the Word. Read Your Bible in front of them. Share stories...that was good for me...when something in life happened that reminded me of something biblical I would bring it up...you know there is a story in the Bible like that....

God is more than faithful and more than capable. Claim it sweet sister. God will give you the words for your children and your hubbie when the timing is right. And when it isn't he will help you bite your tongue.

Psalms 81:10 - I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby joyfulchild on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:34 pm

Thank you dear Church girl and Passion.I am a work in progress and at the same time I have to be SO MUCH.Was getting a little worn down-thanks you guys for lifting me and reinspiring me of His Love.

Melanie :angel:
joyfulchild

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:15 pm

joyfulchild wrote:WHAT is the role Biblically of the faithful wife in a family such as mine??

Hi joyfulchild,

You are to love the Lord your God with your whole heart and soul first and foremost. :wink:

You are to train up your children how to live right, so when they are old, they will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6) This is not a commandment for fathers only, btw. Both father and mother must train their children.

You are to discipline your children. They are to obey both father and mother. Deut 21:18 "If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother.... Eph 6:1-2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise),

A biblical wife recognizes that the entire Word of God is for her instruction, blessing, and edification.

And last but not least, 1 Timothy 5:14 encourages young women who have lost their husbands to marry, have children and rule/manage their households.

1Tim 5:14 Therefore, I want younger widows to get married, bear children, keep (G3616) house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach;

G3616
oy-kod-es-pot-eh'-o
From G3617; to be the head of (that is, rule) a family: - guide the house.

Hope this helps!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Psst....Praying over the club today. Let 2008 bring out our faith in knowing that God is moving in our lives to bring our spouses to salvation.
Love you all!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:33 pm

I would just like to share with everyone a praise! I wasn't sure whether or not to post it here or in the praise section - so I will post here for now.

I wanted to thank you all for the prayers for my hubby and me. For the past few months - it's like I've been living with a changed person. He hasn't accepted Jesus into his heart yet - but I believe he's well on his way there.

He's been open to discussion about the Bible and has really been asking questions lately. My home life used to be constant fighting between us and I was really getting worn down. The fighting has dwindled down to almost nothing! It's truly an answer to prayer!

And as if that isn't enough - my birthday was the day after new years - and he asked me what I wanted. I told him that I would be very happy if we went to some sort of marriage enrichment class at the church or something like that...to help us with our marriage. I mean - who would say no to helping out their marriage - right? Well, he agreed to go! Said he would do whatever it took - to get us back on the right track and happy! Our church is offering a marriage seminar called "Love and Respect" and the people that are doing it are "Dr. Emerson & Sarah Eggerichs ". I'm not familiar with them - but they're supposed to be really good marriage counselor type people that are putting it on. He's going to go with me. He also agreed to go to a class on parenting and how to raise our children according to God's plan. This is especially important because we have a 2 year old and I just found out that I am pregnant!

I'm so happy everyone! Keep praying that he will find Jesus and ask him into his heart soon! I know it's going to happen - I just wanted it YESTERDAY! lol

Love you all!
Operator

Postby Passion on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:31 pm

:3jump: :spin: :whoohoo: OHMYGOSH!!!! *loud, happy scream, w/much jumping up and down* :wow: This is so flipping awesome! I am soooo excited for you--hubby very nearly saved, willing to do whatever it takes to save his marriage AND raise his kids according to God's plan....AND as a special bonus to top it all off A BABY!!! :hugs: God is indeed, more amazing than any of our piddly words could even come close to saying! :praise:

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:09 pm

operator,
I went to "Love and Respect" (alone), but it was worth it. There were many non-church-goers there. It is a good combination of light-spiritedness and serious candor. It is not preachy, but they definitely convey the reason marriages work well when they are based on biblical concepts.

I think it will open many eyes for those who attend and who try not to be discouraged before they give a listen. There is no altar call, but I wouldn't be surprised if many non-christian people who attend find themselves wondering why they didn't understand these christian things before. We know it is because of the following verse, although if we quote it to non-christians, it makes us sound snobbish:
In 1Cor2:14, God wrote:The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The conference may even open your own eyes to some things you may not have thought about before or lately.

Try not to be too hyper-excited and I think the two of you (or any couple) can benefit greatly. *begin edit* Women should *end edit* actively focus on those things that address women and passively focus on those things that address men *begin edit* and vice versa. *end edit*
I know I cannot be as excited about your situation improving as you are, operator, but it is nice to hear.
nickylouse

Postby CarolinaCJ on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 am

I had to post this quote in this forum....it's just so beautiful and something I need to continue to strive for --

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

Lord, teach me to hide in you so deeply that my husband will see You in everything I do. :a3:
cj

----------------------------------
CarolinaCJ

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:40 pm

That's just what I needed today!

Thanks! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby nickylouse on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:30 pm

I long to find my Jackie hiding in Him one day. I may have to wait until Heaven, but either in this age or the next, I trust that He will save her before her body gives up its last breath. I would love so much to share just one heart-felt intimate prayer with her though. I fight envy, but I am so thrilled to hear about marriages that hold Jesus as the center of their relationship with each other. I know I am not alone in my circumstance and I want to encourage all of you too. Please trust in Him and try to find contentment in belonging to Him yourself. He is so patient (don't I know it) and I pray that we will all call on the Holy Spirit to overflow in our lives so that we can show that same kind of patience to our husband or wife.
nickylouse

Postby Lightseeker on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks for your post, nickylouse. Praying for you all, and my husband too! :grin:
Lightseeker

Postby nickylouse on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:42 am

I miss churchgirl
:cry:

I pray that all is well with her and Mike, Lord God. And I pray that every unequally yoked person who reads this is blessed more than they ever imagined they could be. Lord, I ask for a miracle today, if it is not too much to ask. I ask that Your will be done and according to Your will I ask that You save one of those who are lost... today. I ask that one of those who have forgotten the hope they have in You alone will be reminded today. I pray for you who are reading this right now that your every need is fulfilled. Let Your glory be seen, Lord God. I ask these things in the Name of Jesus and everything that is represented by His holy name. Amen.
nickylouse

Postby rtaft on Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 pm

My name is Rob, I'm new here, I found this site last week. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am part of this 'club' too. My wife doesn't believe in anything really and doesn't know what to believe. She thinks religion is something man made up to help understand our origins. Anyway, I just want my wife and I be added to this prayer list, if it is still active.
rtaft

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 am

:angel: Welcome Rob! Will definitely pray for you and your wife. There are many strong prayer warriors on this board. We're all in this together and God brought us all together to encourage and support each other. Enjoy your time here until He returns!

Interestingly today, my husband flew off the handle over a phone call I received regarding supplying a meal to a couple in need. He stated that my face just "lights up" when I talk to "those people". He truly cannot understand nor appreciate the love of Jesus in my life. I am preparing to write him a letter. Please pray that Yeshua will give me the right words. Thanks all and have a blessed day!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue May 20, 2008 8:30 am

The other day, I had a surprise visit from my husband at work. It was a heartbreaking 45 minutes of listening to him express how I have messed up the minds of our children. He has heard our youngest, 6 yrs, tell him that he is going to hell since he doesn't believe in Jesus. It disturbs him immensely.

Now, this has happened in the past and I have tried to tell my children not to talk about Jesus around Daddy. However, I know they bring Him up out of love for their dad. It's also frustrating because in Sunday School we teach the kids to be bold witnesses for Christ and to let their lights shine for the Lord. Then my kids are told to be quiet about it in their own home. It is so hard!

He expressed that he feels the children look down on him now like he is lacking and inferior since he doesn't have Jesus. He insists he sees it in their eyes and that it is all my fault that I have tainted their image of him. How dare I ruin his reputation and image in their eyes by spreading this information. No matter how many Christian men I place before them, he will always be their dad and I can't take that away from him. blah blah blah, you see how horrible the conversation was?

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers. Thanks SS :cry:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby nickylouse on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 am

Spreading Salt wrote:The other day, I had a surprise visit from my husband at work. It was a heartbreaking 45 minutes of listening to him express how I have messed up the minds of our children. He has heard our youngest, 6 yrs, tell him that he is going to hell since he doesn't believe in Jesus. It disturbs him immensely.

Now, this has happened in the past and I have tried to tell my children not to talk about Jesus around Daddy. However, I know they bring Him up out of love for their dad. It's also frustrating because in Sunday School we teach the kids to be bold witnesses for Christ and to let their lights shine for the Lord. Then my kids are told to be quiet about it in their own home. It is so hard!

He expressed that he feels the children look down on him now like he is lacking and inferior since he doesn't have Jesus. He insists he sees it in their eyes and that it is all my fault that I have tainted their image of him. How dare I ruin his reputation and image in their eyes by spreading this information. No matter how many Christian men I place before them, he will always be their dad and I can't take that away from him. blah blah blah, you see how horrible the conversation was?

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers. Thanks SS :cry:

Children can be brutally, though innocently, honest. I can imagine the humiliation he must have felt, which is a devestating feeling for a man who does not have the hope in Jesus that someone born again has. However, we must realize that he is putting up a defense that seeks to manipulate you and your children. He is like a cornered animal since he feels the need to love and protect his children, but also feels them slipping away from his control.

Persevere in the ways of our Lord, Salt. You may be so close to the situation that you may be unaware of fruit that is budding.

nickylouse

Postby Operator on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:47 am

Nickylouse,

You really have a way with words! Well said!

I'm praying for you and everyone else on this board! :praying:
Operator

Re: Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Good afternoon to all the unequally yolked. Hope you are all running a diligent and powerful race! My husband mentioned that he feels "threatened" when I say "be careful Honey, He died for you" after he takes His name in vain. Says I'm just looking for a battle. Well, no, but I know I am increasing his awareness when he takes His name in vain. Go Holy Spirit and convict this boy! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Stillwatch on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:28 pm

You know, I think sometimes we have to tread softly...And keep praying. It's not WE who are the saviors, the work is God's.

My husband is a dear, sweet, smart, funny man. He was raised in a Mennonite home (modern Mennonite, that is) and he has a lot of hurt around that...a lot of hurt around God and Jesus. I don't know why, I don't know what hurt so much. He won't talk about it. I think he does feel his upbringing was very repressive. I don't know why he blames God for that...

My husband has seen and tolerated my going through a rather weird and wild spiritual journey, from new age/occult to Christianity. He never wanted to talk about spirituality when I was a new ager, his eyes would just glaze over. When I discuss whatever I happen to be researching now in the way of Christianity, I've noticed he's gone from the 'eyes glazing over' thing to actually looking at me and paying attention. That's progress. :grin:

I don't preach at him, I don't chide him for his failures or fallings. But when the opportunity comes up to discuss something, I kind of just voice my thoughts and I can see he's listening and reviewing his own church background and what he learned about the issues I am discussing. Last week I moved all of his Bibles from our family room bookshelf to a bookshelf upstairs where they would be handier. I was investigating something and I had all our translations out here on the couch and I was looking stuff up, and those included the Bibles he had had since his teens. Well, yesterday we got discussing the "honor thy father and thy mother" commandment with our teenager (that's another story!) and my husband went straight to the location where I had moved his Bibles to and got his...And I realized that (A)he was reading a Bible! and (B) he had noticed the new location of his Bibles...so he was paying attention. And there we were, both reading the 10 commandments. And I thought hey, this is cool. And I sent up a silent prayer of thanks.

I don't know what it's going to take, that's between my husband and the Lord. Right now my husband voices that as far as he's concerned, why can't it be enough that he just tries to be a good person, he can get into that, but when it comes to "all that Jesus stuff" he just doesn't want anything to do with it. Well, his very soul depends on "all that Jesus stuff" over and above all else...but I think he knows that already.

So...careful, careful, we go along, one day at a time, and I pray and talk about stuff here and there with my family, but not in an overbearing, preachy sort of way. I pray, I know *I* am not going to save anyone, and I pray that God use me in whatever way He chooses to help my husband and my son. (My son has some sort of belief in something, but not sure what and he can't be pushed either. I bought him a Bible, gave it to him, told him he should have one of his own. He also received one from the Gideon's when he was in the 5th grade at school. Yes, they still allow that here in Canada. He knows there is some 'goodness' to it. When he was having bad nightmares a few months ago, he brought that Bible near his bed.)

What got me believing the Bible again was the same thing that convinced Herb--seeing the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Maybe that'll convince my family as well. I don't know...God knows what will reach them, and I leave them in His more-than-capable hands. :grin:
Stillwatch

Postby nickylouse on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:07 am

Spreading Salt wrote:Good afternoon to all the unequally yolked. Hope you are all running a diligent and powerful race! My husband mentioned that he feels "threatened" when I say "be careful Honey, He died for you" after he takes His name in vain. Says I'm just looking for a battle. Well, no, but I know I am increasing his awareness when he takes His name in vain. Go Holy Spirit and convict this boy! :a2:

Dear Spreading Salt,
I have casually mentioned to my wife how common is the term 'Oh, my God' (which I consider using His name vainly and so it is a violation of 3rd commandment). She agreed with me that it is overused, although she probably doesn't see it as a big deal. If she uses the phrase herself, I only have to give a brief glance in her direction and I see she feels convicted.

I guess my point is that if we can find things that we think our spouses will find offensive in others, someday they may look inward and realize that they also are 'not without offense'. And that is when a Savior is warranted. By the way, this is the same tactic that Nathan used with David. Nathan let David be outraged at a similar situation to that of David's adultery with Bathsheba. Then, he held up the mirror for David to see himself in the same light.

May the grace and blessings of Lord Jesus be upon you and those close to you today.
:angel: :itsgood:
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. (Luke 21:25-NIV)
nickylouse

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 am

Nickylouse, you always know just what to say. Thank you for continuing to fellowship on this thread!

On a happy and hopeful note, my husband is making small steps towards softening and I am enjoying them while they last and hope that they truly will last. Our alarm clock is set for a radio station and in the past, my husband has refused and point blank told me to leave the station alone (I used to have it on Christian music a couple of years ago). When he changed it to heavy metal - which is horrid to wake up to, I offered that we should just have it on "alarm mode" but it was as if he wanted me to endure the heavy metal and so he refused. OK, I endured.

He was out of town this past weekend and I had adjusted the alarm time, not the station. Sunday night he was commenting that the time had been changed and it was a good thing he checked it. I told him that it didn't appear to be on the station and could he tweak it so that the fuzziness was corrected?

When I woke up Monday, my Christian station was playing! :grin: It has been on that station since Monday and not by me! I'm not sure if it is his way of showing me that he loves me or what but I'll take it. I woke up today to Michael W. Smith singing "Holy is the Lord God Almighty"!!

The Lord is Mighty and I love Him so very much! This might sound like a small thing but for me, it is wonderful!

Thank You Yeshua for moving in the heart of our marriage. Please show me the wife You need me to be for him and guide my every step. Thank You for these small blessings and help me to acknowlege them and embrace them when they occur. Please use me and everyone in his life to shower him with Your agape love. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:32 am

Stillwatch,

Thank you for your testimony. I agree it is not "us" that will save anybody and we do have to tread lightly when living with unbeliever's. I am encouraged by your words and will be praying for your family. Blessings to you today! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Kathe on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:20 am

I haven't read all of the posts and I hope this post will give you encouragement.

I was an unbeliever. I was heavily into new age, crystals, mediums, reincarnation, etc. I didn't believe in any god. My husband would try to speak to me about God and I would get angry with him. We could have no conversations about God at all.

So he prayed. And prayed and prayed. For years he prayed. It's all he had. And what happened is that God kept putting people in my life that were Christian. At one point driving I can remember looking up and saying, what in the world are you trying to do to me. I was beginning to melt. God surrounded me in my life, my businesses, everywhere I went were Christians. I finally broke down and caved into God. I truly believe it was my husband praying and God listening to him that caused it all. It took about 9 years for this to happen.

Please don't give up and please pray every day. It works!
Kathe

Postby nickylouse on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:46 am

Kathe wrote:I haven't read all of the posts and I hope this post will give you encouragement.

I was an unbeliever. I was heavily into new age, crystals, mediums, reincarnation, etc. I didn't believe in any god. My husband would try to speak to me about God and I would get angry with him. We could have no conversations about God at all.

So he prayed. And prayed and prayed. For years he prayed. It's all he had. And what happened is that God kept putting people in my life that were Christian. At one point driving I can remember looking up and saying, what in the world are you trying to do to me. I was beginning to melt. God surrounded me in my life, my businesses, everywhere I went were Christians. I finally broke down and caved into God. I truly believe it was my husband praying and God listening to him that caused it all. It took about 9 years for this to happen.

9 years does seem like such a long time when we face discouraging trials day by day or week to week, but if we compare 9 years to a lifetime or to eternity...

Thanks for the encouraging word Kathe.
:hugs:
nickylouse

Postby Stillwatch on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Kathe wrote:I haven't read all of the posts and I hope this post will give you encouragement.

Thank you Kathe. That was so encouraging, your testimony. (I was into all that stuff, too...Maybe it was my husband's family praying that helped me, I don't know. What I do know is that nearly a year ago, although I was a poster child for the new age movement, enthusiastic follower of Abraham-Hicks and the Kybalion and all that stuff, I felt the undeniable need to get a Bible. We already had lots of Bibles in the house, but I felt I had to find 'the' one. So I spent hours searching through Amazon online until I found the one I wanted. Didn't read it right away, but over the next few months, I just kind of 'lost' the belief in all the new age stuff, read about it lots online, the stuff debunking it, that is, explored atheism, but kept finding Christian websites, like Constance Cumbey's blog for one. I think that was one of the first ones. And it just kept going on from there...long story. :grin:

But now I have a husband and a teenage son with whom I have NO spiritual credibility whatsoever so...prayer is all I got right now! My words on this subject mean zip to them. Your story is so encouraging because you are living proof that prayer works. So thank you. :hugs:
Stillwatch

Postby kyle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 am

nickylouse wrote:

9 years does seem like such a long time when we face discouraging trials day by day or week to week, but if we compare 9 years to a lifetime or to eternity...

Thanks for the encouraging word Kathe.
:hugs:

wow... That just made me realize that I'm not too far from that myself (about 7+ years). yeah, it isn't easy. Thank you for the encouragement. I really need it. :(
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby Kathe on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 am

You are welcome. Remember it is all God's timing. Now I am on fire for God and thank Him (and my husband) for the patience they had with me.
Kathe

Postby nickylouse on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

Praise God for keeping the relationship between myself and my ex-wife together for the past year and a half. Jackie has agreed to go to my sister's gathering for Thanksgiving tomorrow rather than to her own family's gathering.

Also pray for me to proclaim in whatever way seems appropriate the Good News of Jesus for her sake as well as for most of my family that will be there. Pray that their hearts may be open and sensitive to the Holy Spirit calling to them.

And may all of you have peace in your own hearts during this festival deemed holy by our beloved countrymen of days gone by.

With love to all
In His Name
nickylouse

Postby burien1 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 am

And may all of you have peace in your own hearts during this festival deemed holy by our beloved countrymen of days gone by.

With love to all
In His Name

:a3: :a3: :a3:

:praying: for you, your wife, and family. :hugs:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:27 am

A sister at church passed on the BEST book to me: Surviving Spiritual Mismatch by by Lee and Leslie Stroble. Lee wrote the famous Case for Christ and Case for Faith books. This book has been such an encouragement and blessing to me. I hope you all will check it out.

Dear Yeshua,

Please be with my brothers and sisters who are unequally yolked today. I pray that they will see many blessings in their lives. Remind them that You are continuing to refine them each and every day and that You will use their marriages to change them and make their character more like Yours. I pray for the softening of the hard hearts. Bring our spouses to true repentance and salvation in You. Thank You Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kyle on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:37 am

Spreading Salt wrote:A sister at church passed on the BEST book to me: Surviving Spiritual Mismatch by by Lee and Leslie Stroble. Lee wrote the famous Case for Christ and Case for Faith books. This book has been such an encouragement and blessing to me. I hope you all will check it out.

I didn't like that book so much. One of the suggestions was to go to a more seeker sensitive church so that your spouse can feel more comfortable (i.e. they'll go to church but won't be converted and will just become more hardened in their lack of faith by a church telling them it's OK).
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi everyone, unfortunately, I have some bad news about my marriage. It's over. My ex-husband filed for divorce back in April and moved out. He's moved up from atheist to agnostic, but remains stubborn about not believing in Jesus. He also has clinical depression he has adamantly refused to get treatment for this year...so I try to tell myself it's for the best for me.

Went to Court Sept. 4th, divorce was final October 4th...almost a month ago.

I never thought it would happen to me, but now I'm not unequally yoked.

I'm scared about finances and such, but have a plan. I am going to sell my 16 beautiful acres out here in the Texas Hill Country and go back into graduate school for mechanical engineering at the University of Texas at Austin...and pay off ALL debt with some of the equity and I'll still have enough to live on for a few years. I've been talking with my old professor, and it's looking like this will work. I'm 51, and my copywriting business is WAY down...like, about 1/7th of what it was a year ago.

So I'm selling lots of things and trying not to be too fearful.

My huge concern at the moment is, I don't even have enough money to hire movers or put a deposit down on a rent house, and I have an outstanding check I must cover the balance on soon.

Will y'all please pray for me, that my heart would heal, and for the sale of my property soon at a good price, and that my professor will welcome me back and that my move will go well? I love y'all! Kina, sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm so glad Mike is growing in his faith!

I was with Scott for a total of 13 years, including 11 years of marriage. It hurts a lot, particularly since he moved out 5 days after I got out of my shoulder sling from a BRUTAL left shoulder reconstruction (I had a whitewater kayaking accident and tore 2 rotator cuffs--one totally torn off the bone--and they had to relocate my biceps tendon. And I'm left-handed, so I had to learn to write right-handed for awhile.) I could not even lift my left arm when he moved out, and we had 2 dogs and 5 cats he left me with, out in the country, nearest neighbors 1/2 mile away!

I tell myself that any man who'd abandon me like that when I only had use of 1 arm just isn't a good man at all. And now next semester homefully I can find a new man at the engineering school (women are 1 to 5% on the graduate level, and maybe 5 to 10% on the undergrad level.) I know there ARE quite a few men in Austin who are Believers, and who are conservative. It's just really hard now, while I'm still here where "we" lived. I've lost 50 pounds since April, and thank God my Mother is paying for me to get some divorce counselinf for awhile.

I must remember, God and Jesus WILL take care of me!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room