Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:37 am

With Church Girl's permission, a "part 2" has been started.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Part Two - The Saga Continues

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 am

Wow! We got a whole new thread you guys!! Over the months we have collected a pretty amazing group of prayer warriors!

You guys Rock....so I wanted to take some time to list the marriages that need prayer to become EQUALLY YOKED in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Sozoed aka Lauren and her husband Dave
Watchingandwaiting and her husdand
BJMac aka Brenda and her husband and children
Sparkly and her husband Rob
Downpour aka Annie and her husband Shawn
Brett and his wife
Soonverysoon & her husband
Swayde aka Barbara & her husband
Knightofthelord aka Mike and his wife Colleen
CarolinaCJ and her husband
Kat and her husband
Longingforhome aka Patrick and his wife
Spreading Salt and her hubbie Jon
Phyllis and her husband
WhiteH20Woman aka Tam and her husband Scott
Tipper and his wife
ruotsher and her husband Ken
Brandiepair aka Brandie and her hubbie Steven
Nickylouse aka Keith and his wife Jackie
Operator aka Leanne and her hubbie Rich

We have three success stories!! Klehre2002 and Passion both have testimonies that took place prior to this club starting....and I can testify that my husband has accepted Jesus as his savior!

There are so many other prayer warriors here who have a heart for your unique circumstances.

And, did you know the Lord takes special regard for those of us Unequally Yoked? His word speaks directly to us about this....
1 Corinthians 7:10-16
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. 16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 am

I would like to schedule a prayer meeting for this club...Saturday night maybe? Let me know what you think....we would gather about 8:00 PM Pacific time - pray for this whole club specifically lifting these marriages up...let the Spirit lead....
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:08 am

Abiding posted this in Bibly Study - But Sparkly - I know this word is for you today!

Our Gospel Seed

By Jim Elliff

I awoke this morning thinking about the tree that is the highest up on the mountain. Have you ever wondered about such trees and how the highest tree got there? Since the cones on these coniferous trees always fall downward, how is it that there are trees way up on the sides of the mountains at unbelievable altitudes?

The only answer is that the wind blows hard in those regions. And sometimes the wind will catch the seed or cone of a tree and whisk it up to normally unreachable heights. Even though there is almost no soil in such places, somehow the seed falls between massive rocks and finds a place to grow. Then, some time later, out comes the tree. It will be a sinewy one perhaps, but nonetheless a real tree growing there on the highest place on the mountain in the most incompatible conditions. No one would purposefully plant a tree there but God.

The responsibility of the believer is to throw out the seed everywhere. But sometimes the seed is carried away to places never intended by us. Or, if intended, it is sown without much reason to believe that anything will happen. Our gospel seed seems to hit the rocks and slide down into the crevices where it is not appreciated. Or, even more amazingly, the seed sits on the rock until it is carried to another undesirable place in mysterious ways that you and I will not ever figure out. But there, in that most uninviting place, a "tree" is born.

Only God can do that.

Here is my word for you. Throw the seed everyplace. Be promiscuous in sowing it. Don't be discouraged about stubborn, hard, rock-like responses from some, even among your own relatives. You cannot really tell what God is doing. God will prove you wrong.

There is a strange line in an old hymn, "Rock of Ages," that you may remember. It says, "May my zeal no langour know." What does it mean? It is a prayer that the enthusiasm that we have will not be brought to a whimpering, silent end, and the zeal put in us by the Spirit will not sleep.

Satan is not languishing in his zeal. The world's motivations are not asleep. Neither must we let down. But enthusiasm is not all that is involved. It is God that is at work in growing the kingdom. "I will build my church," He said. Therefore, I don't even have the slightest hint of concern that our labors are in vain.

In the morning sow your seed,
and at evening withhold not your hand,
for you do not know which will prosper, this or that,
or whether both alike will be good.
Ecclesiastes 11:6
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Wow have I missed much! I am diligently praying for all my brothers and sisters on this board! God is faithful.

Deuteronomy 7:9

9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

Psalm 62:5
5Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

Thanks for all the updates on who has joined this wonderful thread.

Keep the faith!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:46 pm

UPDATE ON PRAYER REQUEST INCIDENTS TODAY.....

You all know about Birds with me right....Mike got saved when a Bird fell out of the sky....and so many other signs....

Oh boy....

I don't know where to start....ummmmm...Mike did the Godly thing...we talked about it....

We gave back more than twice what would be fair....we saw their marriage was suffering...the hubbie agrees with us - and is walking as a Christian...the wife....totally wacked out is the best and most polite thing I can say...the hubbie actually apologized to my husband....he AGREED with us......this woman was supposedly a hard cord Christian...talked such a good talk....I think they may be Unequally Yoked....so pray for them please...it's such a hard place to be....

anyway, we were out a few thousand but when Mike was ready to fight all the way to court he said - God told him to give it away and that He would recompensate....now this is the FIRST time Mike has said God SPOKE to him....so It could have cost me a million dollars - and I would have been jumping for joy.....

Then today at 4:45pm all of our business and personal accounts were put on hold. we can't get any info from anyone as it is after five, and I have 14,000 clearing in checks tomorrow and 18,000 disbursement that has been placed on the hold....we have two empty gas tanks, half a gallon of milk and NO FOOD in our kitchen....

YET - Mike is praising the Lord through this storm!!

AND - at 4:30 pm we got a call from a lawyer - the only one I emailed this weekend in deep prayer and fasting....the Lord led me to him...his name is Michael Bird and his firm was established in 1948....He's a name in the firm title....and the Lord totally sent his website to me....

Bird is significant because it is through a BIRD that MY HUSBAND CAME TO KNOW THE LORD - and Birds have been something the Lord has always used as a sign for both me and my hubbie....I sent an email on Sunday and he called right before I find out we had no $$$....

I have faith that this is a Job thing for Mike....The Lord is working him into one strong and faithful man in the Lord...

so I say to the enemy - take it all - you can have it all - you can have the houses, you can take our lives.......I know where we are ALL going! And I am ready to be with my Savior. So, Satan....IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, My Alpha, My Omega, My Savior, My Redeemer, My Father, My Lover......take a hike! You are not welcome here.

PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST FOREVER!!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby grace2all on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:58 pm

:a3: ChurchGirl! :a3:

Praying for all of the spouses/loved ones of our unequally yoked members! :praying:
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby sparkly on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks for the devotional Kina...it's beautiful. I printed it out, even.

It is so exciting to see God working in your life. But I know this is a difficult time for you as well. I am praying for you. There's one little verse, it's simple, but it helps me quite often...

God has given us everything pertaining to life, and godliness...2 peter 1:3

Everything. He has given us every thing we need to live, and to be godly.
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 pm

look at you! encouraging me, now....

:cry: Love you girl.

Love you all....Joy comes in the morning....
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been on this site for at least 2 weeks. For one, I haven't had time and two, my husband calls me all kinds of names when I get online anymore...and I just don't feel like hearing it. I'm very, VERY discouraged right now. I feel like I'm falling away from God. I just cannot take all the name calling whenever we disagree or fight about something. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time. I can't do anything without worrying about the consequences - aka the wrath of my husband! It's insane - and I'm falling downhill fast. I know this isn't right, but I have been praying and having really bad thoughts in my head that my hubby would get in an accident and die...that would be my only out at this point. But then I feel guilty - because an eternity in Hell is punishment in itself and that's where he'd go if he did die. But I just don't know how much more I can take. I don't know if this was a dream or I was in deep thought one day - but I dreampt that he got into a car accident - I was able to go to the hospital and lead him to the Lord - RIGHT BEFORE he died. So - at least he went to Heaven - but I was rid of that mean man that I was married to. I feel like I'm all over the place here in this post - I'm sorry. My thoughts are everywhere.

Well - I have to go - he's starting in again - that I never do any work around the house...and I will go upstairs to my room with my son and just cry!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:01 pm

OPERATOR! The Lord sent me here -just now for you! I am on my knees in prayer for you darling! I've been there...the name calling...the utter discouragement.

Oh Lord, please surround Leanne and Rich with your peace right now. Lord you can work through the unbeliever. You can work through anything and anyone. You can make a donkey talk when your people get too stubborn, Lord. You are Alpha and Omega and you have the Power to bring Rich to your throne. Lord, we know you work in wonderous and miraculous ways. We cannot even begin to fathom your Glory Lord. The glimpses You reveal to us...Lord we stand in awe. Please forgive us for our sins Lord. Forgive us for when we put our foots in our mouths and try to do Your work Lord. Please touch this family tonight, and all our families, Lord. Please give Leanne the peace....ease the tension Lord, and calm her husband... Speak to Him God. Right now, Speak to Rich and get him to listen up to what You will say. Please intervene now Lord, even as I write this, please intercede right now. In Jesus name we can move mountains Lord. And in Jesus name we come to your tonight.

:a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm agreeing with Kina...:praying:
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:09 pm

I went on a quad ride today with my husband. We siphoned gas to do it - but it was worth it. On the ride the Lord showed me the roots of the trees exposed in the side walls of the ravines. He told me, "I do this for your husband, I do this for your spouses. I blow winds and allow storms to strengthen their roots in Me."

As I tightened my grip around my husband's waist I realized that He was showing me this not just for me, but for everyone here. There were weak oaks toppled by the freak snow storm. And yet, the ones with the knarly roots dug deep into the ground stood firm. They were just as scrawny just as weak as the broken...but their roots...man, their roots were gigantic!

Sparkly, for you especially I thought of today. And you Operator...Love you sisters dearly.

:praying:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:33 am

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! Church Girl - you have been an inspiration to me! Thank you for the "roots" story! Things were a LOT rocky at the homefront yesterday, but while I was upstairs and he was downstairs, I prayed and cried to the Lord and He told me to be the better person and go downstairs and swallow my pride and whatever it was that I was dealing with and apologize. Having done that - I gave my husband a hug and told him that I was sorry for everything and that I don't like fighting with him. He said the same and we have been "ok" ever since. I know it's wrong, but I know it's only a matter of time before the next big blowout. But - during this "calmness" I will pray and look to my sisters and brothers here for support. I don't have any real brothers or sisters - so you're all I've got! But what a great bunch you are! :cry:

Thank you Sparkly - for agreeing with Church Girl!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:42 am

Fellowship with Christians IS better than family, especially when your family doesn't love the Lord. Just think, we have all of eternity to get to know one another! God created us for relationship - first with Him and then with others.

I have a flip callendar that has a bible verse for each day. I saw this one yesterday:

Acts 16:31

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved -- you and your household"

I got very excited and rushed to my bible to read it. In context, it is about the jailer who almost killed himself when he thought the prisoner's escaped.

I wish my salvation could save my loved ones. :cry:

My prayer for all of us today is to be filled with so much love, especially towards our family, that we just overflow and bathe them in joy, peace, and hope. Jesus is coming soon! :banana:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:04 am

I'm going to study this verse more...even in the context....The Lord has been impressing upon me, that even with free will...our spouses can be saved through our faith.

FAITH.

It is believing in something unseen, unproven.

I am making a statement of FAITH. I have FAITH in my Lord Jesus. I have FAITH that our spouses will come to His throne. I pray our marriages will stay in tact for when they kneel before Him.... But I have FAITH in how He moves, and HE knows my number one desire is that our spouses be saved.

Believe it with me you guys....believe that somehow, someway, in God's time...your spouse WILL BE SAVED.

BELIEVE IT.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:07 am

Spreading Salt wrote:
My prayer for all of us today is to be filled with so much love, especially towards our family, that we just overflow and bathe them in joy, peace, and hope. Jesus is coming soon! :banana:

:a3: :a3: :a3:

Like warm oil Lord, annointing our families, You cover us.

We praise YOU Jesus!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby nickylouse on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Proverbs 17:17 wrote:A friend loves at all times,
And a brother is born for adversity.
In general, the love of family is so much greater than the love a friend. A family member who loves you suffers with you just as much you do.
Proverbs 18:24 wrote:A man of too many friends comes to ruin,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Even if we do not have family who suffers with us, we have a friend, in Jesus, who will never forsake us.

I pray, Dear Lord Jesus, that Leanne would know that You are with her in the same way that You intimately know us. Please help her by Your Holy Spirit not to be discouraged by her suffering that from Heaven's future perspective will seem to her to have been "light and momentary" as Paul wrote in 2Cor 4.
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 am

I copied this from the prayer section, hoping to get more coverage from my brother's and sister's. Have an awesome day everyone!!

Good morning all,

I have a special prayer today. I am involved in an Easter play. I haven't acted since high school and so was really looking forward to jumping in with both feet. Turns out, my kids got huge roles and I got a couple of sentences. At first, this was irritating to me (which should have been a HUGE sign of where my heart truly was). As time went by and I watched my kids, I realized just how special they are and how God is going to use them in a big way when their Daddy and Grandpa (my dad) come to watch the play. Both men are not saved and avoid anything related to church like the plague.

Turns out, we are actually going to tape the baptism scene in a real river. At first I was concerned because the river right now in the beautiful Pacific Northwest is a warm 40 degrees (NOT)! We are taping today at 2 p.m. Pacific time. Last night, I woke up around 2 a.m and God really spoke to my heart.

My Dad and husband never saw me get baptized 3 1/2 years ago. They have no idea that I am even playing that role in the play, let alone that we are taping an authentic baptism to play during the show. Isn't it absolutely just like our Awesome God to cast me in a baptism role and then actually send me under again for the taping? My heart is overflowing with the depth of His love right now.

My request is that I am able to perform this with a truly joyful spirit and that the cold temperatures won't ruin the shot. We only get one shot for the taping and I don't want to screw it up! Please pray that God will take this scene and move mighty mountains with it!!!!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:23 pm

WOW! Praying for you. Just watch God move!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Marite on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:47 am

My dear sisters,

I've been following this thread and my heart goes out to you all. I sympathize and empathize with you, I spent six years in a horrible marriage. If you haven't already read this book I highly recommend it; "The Way of Agape," by Nancy Missler, it helped me during my times of distress. I would like to share something with you, I found it usually diffused the situation for me. Whenever my wife went into one of her tirades, I considered it as a attack from the enemy and I turned it around into a blessing, I would pray for the Lord to give me the words to compliment her, it kept me from getting into the flesh and like I said, it usually diffused the situation. I've got your names now, I'll be praying for you!

You can find Nancy Missler's (she's Chuck Missler's wife) books at khouse.org

IN His Love, marite

The just shall live by his faith
Marite

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:12 am

That is a fabulous book Marite! I actually keep it on my desk at work and have passed it around a couple of times.

The baptism taping went great yesterday. I shared how God had changed my heart towards the scene by taking what I thought was small and insignificant and magnifying it. I KNOW that Jon and my Dad will attend this play and my prayer is that some very special and significant seeds get planted.

Thanks for all the prayers! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:04 pm

Hey all....I want to wish you all a very blessed EASTER!! My husband is coming around...slowly but surely....he tosses out little things here and there that give me much encouragement!! He is coming to church with me and my daughter on Sunday...and even going to join us at church for the breakfast!! YAY!!! I haven't been on this post much...just reading through quickly here and there....and just want you all to know I am praying for you all!!!! Kate
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:56 pm

I'll be praying hard core for you!

Happy Easter everyone!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:15 am

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the prayers! I know I couldn't get by without them...

I did get Rich to go to church with me yesterday (Easter Sunday). It's a little hard right now, because I'm in-between churches. I'm trying to find one that I feel like I fit in at. A few friends of mine - none of which know each other - have invited me to this church that we went to yesterday. It was my first time there too and WOW what a service!!! Rich has went to church with me before - and he never really says too much about it afterwards - but he commented on some of the songs that were sung and about something that the pastor said. So - I know he was paying attention - at least.

Anyway - thanks again - for helping me and praying for me - to get thru these times!
Operator

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi everyone. Is everyone feeling sufficiently attacked lately? If so, can you recall if you said an AMEN when we proclaimed our spouses salvation in Jesus' name?
Faith. It's like EF Hutton for the enemy.

So, I am here once again to proclaim in Jesus' name that our spouses will be saved! I am here to proclaim that Jesus is our almighty Lord and it IS His will that all should come to Him...it IS His will that none should perish! I can move mountains with the name of Jesus! We have already conquered and won that battle. Our Father in Heaven sees the end to the beginning. Our Father has already declared VICTORY! We have conquered the grave, and so too will our spouses!.

In Jesus holy and precious name alone, I will continue to proclaim their salvation.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:17 pm

I'm thinking lately that all believers are being attacked right now...pray you guys...pray. The Lord is able!
Salty Skipper

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:22 pm

:eek: You are not going to believe this...enemy #1 tried to have our house burnt down....it's in prayer requests.... but it was an arson cig!
:armor:

DUDE!

:armor:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 pm

:faint: I haven't been here in a few weeks and, WOW! The things that happen when you're away!

Kina, I take it you and your family are unharmed? How about your house? I can not believe what I just read! But yes, I can, because obviously God is doing an amazing work in your lives, and as usual, Satan is doing his damndest to throw a monkey wrench into the works. But God will not be deterred! Hang in there, and keep us posted!

As for everyone else, I read through all the names and posts (whew! I'm caught up!), and I'm praying for you all--have been praying, in fact--just 'cause I haven't been on this thread lately doesn't mean I've forgotten y'all! :a2:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:12 pm

We are all okay - I guess I should have prefaced, that we found the attempt today under our 2x4's in a place that could have only been done on purpose....have a call into atty...and bagged evidence (yeah CSI) ....but really - nothing that can be done...these people just got into a shoot out (literally) at the dump. One of the muscle guys (also fugitve!!)....man this sounds like a bad made for tv movie....apparently has it out with the manager at the dump...who happens to be the son of one of our customers.....in the paper and everything.

the more I write, the stranger it sounds so I should just stop :lol: ....thanks for your prayers!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:30 am

Wow Kina! Praise God it was foiled!

Dear Heavenly Father,

We love You so much! Thank you for being faithful! Thank you for being patient and taking your time in returning. Our spouses need you and my prayer is that you will use each and everyone of us for Your glory. Please let us be an example of love to our families and friends. I pray for the salvation of the spouses of all of us who are unequally yoked.

Please cover us with your mercy:

Lauren and Dave, Watching andwaiting and her husband, Brenda and her family, Sparkly and Rob, Annie and Shawn, Brett and his wife, Soonverysoon and her husband, Barbara and her husband, Mike and Colleen, CarolinaCG and her husband, Kat and her husband, Patrick and his wife, Phyllis and her husband, Tam and Scott, Tipper and his wife, Ruotsher and Ken, Brandie and Steven, Keith and Jackie, Leanne and Rich, and my husband Jon.

You are the reason we live and breathe. Help us to live for you today and every day until you return!

In Jesus Name, AMEN!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Operator on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:25 am

Glad you're alright, Kina! Praise Jesus!
Operator

Postby nickylouse on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Hello again brothers and sisters in Christ!

I have a specific prayer request that several people have already committed to joining me. On Sunday, April 22 at 1pm (Central USA) I am meeting with my estranged wife, Jackie, to discuss her plans to divorce me. Please read my prayer request below and join me, if you are so inclined to agree with me, at or just before that time.

My prayer is this:
Father, help me to say the right things with the right attitude and demeanor that will convince Jackie not to proceed with her plans for divorce. You know, Father, that my heart is motivated to do whatever I can to help her get through the pain of her past in regards to the men in her life (including her first husband, her son and me) and for her to be blessed with a healthy marriage.

Our Lord and Savior, Jesus, does not force us to be His own. Nor can I force Jackie to be my bride. All I can hope to do is to allow Your Spirit to work through me to draw her to me (just as You drew me to You).

I am not under some mistaken impression that I can take the place of Your Holy Spirit in saving her soul, but I do believe that He can say the right things in the right way through me that will convince her that divorce is not the answer to our problems. Help her to see my sincerity for her well-being. Help her to see that taking the easy way out (divorce) is not going to make anything better in the long run.

Help me to keep my mind focused on loving her, providing for her, sacrificially serving her (just as our wonderful Lord Jesus did, does, and promises to do forever). Your plans for Jackie are far above what I can even imagine, Father. So please speak through me, guide me in every way... I beg You.

God will bless you for your prayers!
Keith
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Praying in agreement with you Keith. And will be praying for your meeting with Jackie.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Ditto that! :praying:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby Operator on Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Me too! :praying:
Operator

Postby nickylouse on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Going to sleep now... I just got back from drawing a message on the pavement in colored sidewalk chalk where we are meeting tomorrow afternoon. I need rest now though. Please don't forget to pray with me tomorrow around noon (Central USA time).

Thank you and God bless you
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:18 am

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Keith,

How'd it go?? :praying:
Operator

Postby nickylouse on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:28 pm

Operator wrote:Keith,

How'd it go?? :praying:
As you may have read in some of my previous posts, I gave Jackie plenty of reason to distrust me before I was crucified with Christ... before the old me died. Unfortunately, Jackie has been hurt by several men in her life and she is not ready to be able to forgive us. I asked her to just postpone her plans, but she does not believe she can ever trust me again. I understand her feelings because she does not have the Holy Spirit to comfort her in those times when we need reassurance. So anyway... I had offered to help her in every way possible, but she declined.

For me to be like Jesus in this matter (as much as it hurts inside I know that He does not force anyone to love Him or to trust Him, and so) I must respect her wishes. I know God wept in Heaven yesterday over her decision to separate what He put together. I am trying to be encouraging here to you who are reading this and wondering whether to give up. Please know that I have been struggling in my marriage for 3 or 4 years before I came to Christ and for over 3 years since.

Jackie doesn't hate me. Her feelings are of almost complete apathy towards me. If she cared about me at all and she thought I was making the wrong decision about God, she would have tried to stop me... and then she may have stumbled upon the truth. As it is, I can only pray that someone else may come into her life and help her to have the scales fall from her eyes. I still have hope for her and I will continue praying for her healing (both emotional and spiritual).

I had more practical ways of showing her the truth before and so I exhort all of you to stay with your spouses, love them the best you can, hold on to your faith in God to save them and keep growing into Christ's likeness yourselves.
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:02 pm

God bless you Keith. And we are still praying.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:29 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:God bless you Keith. And we are still praying.

Operator

Postby Passion on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:37 am

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Oh Keith, I am so sorry to hear this news.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Wow! We are all so broken and in need of a Savior. Thank you Jesus for all that You have done for us. Keith is in need of Your love and comfort more than ever right now. Please surround him with those who will uplift him and point him back to You. We live and breathe for You! I pray he will be able to hear You beside him during this storm. Hold him up so that he will not stumble. Lord, I pray for Jackie who is so very lost. I pray that the seeds that were sown will sprout and take root in good soil. Please bring her to a saving knowledge of You Abba. Help us all to keep Keith and Jackie in our prayers as they recover from this trial. In Your precious name, Jesus. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm

Lifitng all my brothers and sisters up this afternoon specifically. May your weekend be blessed and filled with quality time with your loved ones and spouses! May you have an opportunity to show the love of Christ towards your spouses this weekend. May strongholds over your walk with Jesus be broken. And may you cling to Him in everything. In Jesus' name I pray all this over you today.

Love you guys so very very much!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Praying Over You

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 am

ChurchGirl wrote:Sozoed aka Lauren and her husband Dave
Watchingandwaiting and her husdand
BJMac aka Brenda and her husband and children
Sparkly and her husband Rob
Downpour aka Annie and her husband Shawn
Brett and his wife
Soonverysoon & her husband
Swayde aka Barbara & her husband
Knightofthelord aka Mike and his wife Colleen
CarolinaCJ and her husband
Kat and her husband
Longingforhome aka Patrick and his wife
Spreading Salt and her hubbie Jon
Phyllis and her husband
WhiteH20Woman aka Tam and her husband Scott
Tipper and his wife
ruotsher and her husband Ken
Brandiepair aka Brandie and her hubbie Steven
Nickylouse aka Keith and his wife Jackie
Operator aka Leanne and her hubbie Rich

And, did you know the Lord takes special regard for those of us Unequally Yoked? His word speaks directly to us about this....
1 Corinthians 7:10-16
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. 16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

Lord, I lift these Saints up to you this morning. Please bless their marriages. For those who's rift has become too heavy a burden to bear today... Lord, I just ask that You comfort them, even right now. Please forgive us for our sins whatever they may be, reveal our hidden sins Lord and convict us in your ever-loving mercy. Please forgive us the tendency to take our spouse's salvation onto our own shoulders. Lord, I ask that you post your angels at their doorsteps, Lord. Sentry's barring the enemy entrance into their homes. I ask that You cover Your people today as they lift their husbands and wives up to You. I ask that You continue to refine us Lord. For You know what we can bear, and You are faithful to strengthen us. Father God, You have placed this burden on my heart and You have had me proclaim that Faith in Jesus is more than enough! You say that what I ask in Jesus' name, and what is in Your will...You will do, Father God. It is Your will that none shall perish....and that is exactly what we are praying for in unison today and forever more. Please save our spouses so that they too may walk in your gardens with You forver praising Your name.
Glory Glory Glory to You alone Abba! In Jesus name we ask all this in faith.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 am

:praying: in agreement with that beautiful prayer! :a2:

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue May 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Yes Lord! Please bring our spouses to a saving knowledge of You! You are the Alpha and Omega and we trust in You alone! :a3:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby wvdeerhunter on Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 am

After being a member for almost a year now, I am amazed that I have missed this thread. I have a prayer request.

I rushed into marriage with a Mormon wife during a backslidden time of my life. I knew enough about the Mormon theology to tell her that I could never go to church with her, but it really did not sink home until we had kids. After my first child had open heart surgery, I felt drawn to the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church and rededicated my life to Christ. I have been active there ever since.

We now have three children and they have been mostly following their mother to church. As is the case with many Mormon women, she has been battling severe depression and finds her life especially unfullfilling. She looks to me to fill all of her needs and that burden is hard to bear as we all know that is impossible. I succeed for a few days, but then if I mess up even slightly, I am back in the doghouse and she is back into her emotional rollercoaster ride.

I have had some encouragement from G-d as he has revealed through a prophet in the church and confirmed through another dear friend in the church. In separate instances weeks apart, both informed me that my wife would come to the Lord through my youngest son Richard.

I am continually praying that the blinders will be removed and that she will come to know Him soon. I ask for prayer that I can remain faithful in my commitment to her. It gets very hard when she becomes distraught. I can take verbal beatings, but they burn deeper each and every time and my Christ-like attitude toward her is in danger of (if not already) becoming a facade.

Please pray.
wvdeerhunter

Next

Return to Family Room