Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby talithacumi on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:35 pm

:praying: for mike and kina and nick and jackie and everybody else....

"prayer hog?" a), no such thing, b), join the club :grin:

Next week I will be finding out whether or not I'll be going to Asia as an English teacher for the summer through a Christian organization. please pray ... i'm so excited ... so nervous

Jeff is coming to church now and has been reading the Bible. Please pray for it to take root and that he would draw near to Jesus and walk with Him.

Nicky, bless you, a thought for you...not saying it's a word of the Lord or anything but here goes .... i do not believe or know for a fact that you were biblically right or wrong to leave Jackie. I do believe and know for a fact that whatever and whosoever's motives/intentions/actions are, for good or evil, they are worked together for good to them that love God.

i am praying for your healing and hers, that the Lord would break her unbelief and bondage and baggage and gather her to Himself. For comfort and strengthening and hope and renewal to you.

love to all

tali

tali
talithacumi

Postby nickylouse on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:04 pm

tali wrote:Nicky, bless you, a thought for you...not saying it's a word of the Lord or anything but here goes .... i do not believe or know for a fact that you were biblically right or wrong to leave Jackie. I do believe and know for a fact that whatever and whosoever's motives/intentions/actions are, for good or evil, they are worked together for good to them that love God.

i am praying for your healing and hers, that the Lord would break her unbelief and bondage and baggage and gather her to Himself. For comfort and strengthening and hope and renewal to you.
God bless you, tali. I appreciate all the kindness and prayers from all of you (including you who are praying, but maybe not writing).

I have an update:
Jackie has asked me for a divorce. I pray that my heart has not deceptively pushed her into doing this. I also pray that she will change her mind. She is convinced that there is no hope of reconciliation. I pray that my manners (as we go through this) will be such that one day she will be able to forgive my past sins against her. Please God, help her to remember some of the good times we have shared.

One day a month or so ago, I heard her crying in her sleep. Then in her sleep, she cried out for her deceased daddy and for her ex-husband to help her. Please God, help me get through this. Please don't let my testimony be so damaged by recent events that Your name is dishonored.

Keith
nickylouse

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Hey Keith,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I was flipping through my bible and found this tidbit from 1 Peter 4:7-11

I hope it helps.

1 Peter 4:7-11 (New International Version)

7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

God will never leave you nor forsake you! Keep in close relationship with Him during this storm.

I am continuing in prayer for you and Jackie!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 pm

:praying: Keith. I am so heartbroken for you, love.

Salt - what a wonderful scripture. I too, needed so badly to hear this today.

Is it wrong when the prayers become ONLY - "Jesus, please come now. Just come back now." ???

I just woke up so DONE the past two days...

BTW - I am getting ready to attend Battlecry in SF this weekend for my oldest daughters first concert and big youth group trip. And - one of the other adults going is considered "enemy number one" with everything I have posted here...we will all be together for three days. 14 adults total and about 60 kids...Please pray...I need to set a good example for the kids...almost everyone in town knows something has happened between our two families...

I'll be traveling through Sunday..."see" you guys when I get back!

God Bless & I love you guys!
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Operator on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:22 am

All of your stories have touched me and I have been praying for all of you. I may not remember certain names or circumstances, but I make sure to include everyone that has a spouse that is unsaved and having a difficult time. I too, have an unsaved husband. There was a period in my life (about 10 years) that I got away from my Christian upbringing and ignored everything that my parents taught me and what I had learned in church growing up. I did what I thought I wanted to do and listened to the words of my “friends”.

Last year, one of my Christian friends sent me Herb’s book…and I read it. Everything that I was taught in my childhood kept creeping up on me and I knew that time was short and I needed to get my life straightened out and back on track. I re-dedicated my life to Jesus last year. Since then, I have been “trying” (keyword here) to let what my husband says to me, roll off my shoulders and just take things with a grain of salt. It’s not easy though – when you are called every name in the book. Eventually, when you hear it for long enough – you begin to believe it. It’s taken me awhile to figure out that I’m not those names and with many, MANY prayers, I’ll get through the rough times.

I do have to say though, that I have been “planting the seed” and I think it has taken root! I won’t go into ALL the stories, that would just fill up most of this post (like I haven’t already), but I want to tell you all, that I believe that there is hope! My husband is a “non-practicing catholic” (his words). He hasn’t been to his church in over 15 years. I’ve been struggling trying to find a church of my own – and he’s gone with me a few times. I’ve been sharing with him – things that I hear on this site and news articles and just plain sharing the gospel with him. My parents have given me videos to watch and he’s watched them with me and actually wanted to hear more about “end times”. We watched one movie the other day and I just couldn’t contain myself. I reached over and grabbed his hand and said…”If you were to die today…would you know beyond a shadow of a doubt…that you would go to Heaven?” His response was…”No, but I don’t think anyone does!” I said…”I do!” and then we had a heartfelt talk – but it really didn’t end with him and I praying – like I had hoped. But he knows…and he’s curious…so that has sparked some hope. And now when we fight or argue, I don’t get as upset as I used to and when he calls me names – sure, some of those other names still come out, but he has added one more…one that I’m not upset with him calling me. He calls me a “religious freak”. So, he sees…and hopefully will notice that I’m not the same person I used to be.

Just the other day, he said to me…”I had a dream and I blame you for it!” The dream was about a false prophet and how everyone believed that this person was God – and people had to take a mark to buy groceries and gas and things like that. He said that if I hadn’t put all this stuff in his head – he would have never dreamt about this.

Please include me (Leanne) and my husband (Rich) in your prayers! I have my family praying as well – but everyone could use more prayer!

Congrats to all those on here – who’s spouses have come to the Lord! Praise Jesus! I love you all and will continue to pray for you as well! (sorry this is so long)
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby Passion on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:21 pm

Oh Leanne, what an awesome story! I'm so sorry for all you've been through but, on the other hand--look at the progress! God is after Rich big time, and as usual, Satan is doing everything he can to meddle. Just more of his nasty old tricks! When you look at it this way, it makes it a little bit easier to brush off the name-calling because you know it's just the Enemy putting word's in your husbands mouth, and using him for all he can.

But I will be praying for his (and your) protection from the Evil One (not to mention your patience!); for conviction in Rich's heart (which it looks like is happening!) and a positive response to it; and for those wonderful seeds you planted to take root and grow under the care of the true "Master Gardener"!

Keep planting, sister--and we'll keep praying! :praying: :hugs:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:39 pm

What to say...

I thank God and all of you who, like me, are ones on the front lines of the spiritual battle that continues day after day (whether it is noticed by mankind or not). We are not the archers, we are the infantry in the trenches, fighting hand to hand with the enemy, receiving emotional wounds.

I think that we all know it becomes tiring and painful... but thank God for our warrior friends in Christ who stand over us and pull us out of danger with prayer and comforting words of love. I guess this sounds a little melodramatic compared with our brothers and sisters who face the physical persecution around the world (in places like Sudan, Somalia, Indonesia, China, Lebanon and so on), but we too are in the midst of the battle for souls that rages between God and those who rebel against Him.

Leanne, I pray for you and your husband, Rich. Dear Lord Jesus, lover of our souls, Your ways are beyond our understanding at times. We thank You for drawing us near to You and including us in Your divine purpose in the lives of our loved ones. We rejoice in seeing Your glory demonstrated by the Holy Spirit convicting us of our sin and by opening the eyes, minds and hearts of those we anguish in prayer over.

Lord, I pray for Kina and Mike and all of those who will be with them this weekend. We pray especially for the young impressionable children who are also in the enemy's gunsights. The evil one knows very well that the strength of his kingdom in the future (as condemned as it may be)... that the strength consists of deceiving the children. Lord, I pray for all of the adults in attendance to help feed them the spiritual nourishment that comes from Your Word, which we all so desparately need.

Lord, I also ask that you help relieve the worries that are coming upon tali and I pray that You would indeed convict Jeff of his need for You, our Savior. I pray that he would drop any guard that he may be holding up in defense of You and fully receive Your rich graces and mercy.

Lord, please also hear our silent prayers... the ones for which we have no words to express ourselves. You know our needs and You love us more than we know. We trust You Father, for You demonstrated Your great love for us by sending Your one and only Son, Jesus, to our rescue.
Amen.

Your friend,
Keith
nickylouse

Postby Operator on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Please pray for me. Long story short, I asked my husband why Catholics can’t eat meat on Fridays during Lent and furthermore – I really don’t understand Lent either…Anyway, he told me that he is giving up something for Jesus because Jesus gave his life for him. I just didn’t understand…why meat and why Fridays? It happens every year…and this is the year that I have re-dedicated my life to Jesus so I asked why? Now, his aunt watches our son and his aunt and his mom are regular Catholic Church goers. We were on our way to pick up our son and when we got to his aunt’s house, my husband says…”She doesn’t understand why we give up meat on Fridays during Lent.” Now – we get into a heated discussion about Catholics vs. Christians and they claim that anyone who believes in Christ is a Christian. I disagreed and said that Satanists believe in Christ – but that doesn’t make them Christians. And they were telling me some really disturbing things. I brought up that what they were saying was not in the Bible and his aunt told me that it was in THEIR Bible! Do they have a separate Bible than we do? And when I said that what they were preaching to me wasn’t in the Bible – my husband reminds me that the word “Rapture” isn’t in the Bible either – so I’d better stop using it. He loves to mock…

They continue to tell me that Catholicism was the founding religion and we (Christians) branched off from them. They pretty much pounded me and I am not good in face to face situations like that. I need time to research and pray and think about what to say to people like that and by then – it’s too late! I feel like a complete failure! Between working 40 hours at a normal job – taking care of a 15 month old – 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a bird – studying for online classes – and doing normal household chores – I don’t have time to research Catholicism. Yet I feel that I need to be more armed with what they’re coming at me with. I have tried searching on here for threads like Catholicism vs. Christianity – or anything of the like – and I just can’t put the time or effort into reading everything there is to know – right now. So – please, please – pray for me! And if you have any insight on any online readings that show how Catholicism started and how we relate to it…please pass that info along to me. I am truly at a loss and giving all this to Jesus! Thank you, my brothers and sisters in Christ! I have no brothers and sisters in this world – so you are the closest family that I have. Thank you – for always being here and listening to me! (A Special Thanks to Nickylouse and Passion for replying to me - I don't usually have a lot of courage posting personal information on here. I am praying for you also!)
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby Passion on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:59 am

Well, first off I'd say your husband needs to pitch in a bit if you're working a full-time job, taking classes and doing all the housework, child care and pet care, too! Sheesh! :roll: You poor thing!

As to the Catholic church beginnings, I have heard them say their church was the early church, and that it came from Mat. 16:18, where Jesus says to Peter, "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it." The problem with this (for them) is "peter" ("petros") is a Greek word meaning "rock", as you've probably been told, but not a huge, solid rock, like the Rock of Gibralter or anything. A small rock. However, later in the verse when Jesus says "upon this rock", and you look up "rock" in a concordance, it's "petra"; described as a large rock, a projecting rock, a crag; or, as a metaphor, a man like a rock, by reason of his firmness and strength of soul. So Jesus is talking about two very different "rocks" here. Peter is the petros, the little rock. Jesus is the massive, truly strong rock. And elsewhere in Mat.7:24-25, when Jesus talks about the wise man who built his house upon the rock, He says "rock", not "peter", or "petros". Also Rom. 9:33, where Jesus is described as a "rock" of offense; 1 Cor. 10:4, where He is described as a "rock", and many, many other places. Most people who believe in Jesus and know the Bible somewhat would agree that in the verses other than Mat. 16:18, the "rock" that is being spoken of is Jesus. Yet never in any of these descriptions is He pictured as a "peter", or "petros", but it always says "rock". You've probably heard that "context rules"; when reading a verse you need to read 20 verses before and 20 after to get the context (the 20/20 rule); but you also need to base your interpretation on not only the context of a few verses, or a few chapters, or even a whole book, but the entire Bible. So when you do this coupled with your word searches, it's obvious that the Church is not built upon Peter, it is built upon Jesus!

So that's just a small part of their history. As for their Bible, they use the same as we do but theirs also contains the Apocrypha, which is 5 books (I think it's 5) that were not included in our Bible, because they could not be shown to have been divinely inspired. And that's a whole 'nother history lesson! I basically know some of the criteria for including what went into our Bible (like the NT had to be written either by an Apostle who was an eyewitness, or by someone he was mentoring, etc.), but I don't remember all the particulars. As for info. re Catholics here at FP, you might try the Bible Study thread; also Bob the Quiet seems to be quite knowledgable about the history of Christianity, ancient Rome, etc., so you might try p.m.-ing him.

Can you listen to the radio at all when you're at work? If so, there's a great worldwide Christian station called CSN (Calvary Satellite Network)
http://csnradio.com/
They have a live apologetics call-in show M-F at 3:05p.m. PT, called "To Every Man an Answer", and it seems like several times a week they get questions re. Catholicism (hey, a bonus if you're a pre-wrather--unlike most Calvary Chapel pastors, at least two regulars on "TEMA" Steve and Justin, lean towards pre-wrath!) They just got a "Catholic" question today, in fact. Just go to their website and you can find if there's a station in your area carrying CSN. Also Lighthouse Trails Research,
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/index.html
has good info on Catholicism and many other things, if you have time.

One last thing--just because someone is Catholic, doesn't mean they're unsaved. You were right when you said that even the demons believe in Jesus, and that this doesn't make them saved, and I agree that simply believing in Him doesn't save you. But there are Catholics out there who not only believe He is who He said He is, but believe that He is the only way to the Father, and to them He is their Lord and Savior. Unfortunately, they also have the Mary and the saints thing going, not to mention transubstantiation (thinking the bread and wine have literally been transformed into His blood and body at communion). I don't know if your husband and his family fall into this category of "saved but otherwise misled" Catholics or not, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yikes, it's almost midnight, I'm gonna' turn into a pumpkin! I'm so tired I can't think any more....my brain has shut down! But I'm sure there are plenty of others on this board who can give you a lot more info and advice than I have (probably better, too! :wink: ). I will keep praying for you all!

P.S. Sorry I p.m.'d you earlier tonight asking for Yahoo advice (I went off the old "Sanhedrin Buying Sheep" thread), when you obviously have way too much on your plate! At the time I did it, I totally forgot that you had posted on this thread; not only that, I hadn't yet read your post from tonight, or I wouldn't have bothered you! :bag:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby Operator on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:04 am

First of all, Passion - you are NOT bothering me. I look forward to any replies - be it PM's or on a certain thread - that I may get. I love this site and everyone on here.

Secondly - I was just going through a rough time yesterday and needed to share it here - because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that when people pray - things get better! I knew you would all be praying and that comforted me.

Thank you all for all your prayers and kind words.

Passion - thank you for all the links and information on Catholicism. I will most definitely check those out when I have some free time. I'm unable to listen to the radio at work - online anyway - so that puts a damper on that idea - but I will definitely check out the site anyway.

You are all a blessing to me! I'm keeping you all in my prayers!

Thanks again!
Operator

Postby member x on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 am

hey all, just wanted to drop some encouragment in here...

yesterday i was talking to a gentlemen that gave me his testimony. his wife had been saved prior to him...she was a faithful wife and continued to go to church. he was an druggy/alcoholic with many many issues. she continued to pray for him and be a witness...he is now saved and on fire. you can just see the love he has for his wife for her being the witness she was.

keep your heads up - God can do amazing things!

over the past month i have heard several stories of spouses coming around - just thought i would share the most recent as it was pretty awesome!
member x
Supporting Member

Postby nickylouse on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:39 pm

member x,
I appreciate your encouraging words.

If there are any of you who know anyone who has come to Christ later than their spouse, perhaps you could convince them to give their testimony here; especially in regard to their relationship in their marriage before and after their spiritual birth.

It is good to hear the news about others and the patient prayer that helps both the saved spouse to endure and the unsaved spouse as God draws them to Himself. But for me, there is nothing like getting the truth that comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Love in the Lord,
Keith
nickylouse

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Have a wonderful day! :grin:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Food for my soul....
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Hey, good to have you back, Kina! How went the conference? :banana:

Passion

Postby kazbo on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:17 pm

Operator, there are some good articles here on the Catholic church and beliefs:

http://www.carm.org/catholic.htm

Hope they help!
kazbo

Postby Operator on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 am

Thank you all for the links and information on Catholicism. Time for me to start reading...
Operator

Tali - Going to Asia?

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:24 pm

What happened?
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi brothers and sisters!
It’s been a long week back since Battle Cry, but it has been a stable week…emotionally that is…Isn’t God great? He is so faithful to fill us up just when we are at our breaking point. Battle Cry and the women’s retreat at the beginning of this year came right in the midst and really peak points of these legal and spiritual battles of mine.

Truly the Lord is my shepard! He is in the midst of my storm.

Coming off the mountaintop experience though….can still really really stink. LOL!
We are now fully in the midst of legality’s; I came back to more notices and hearing schedules…I’ve begun to know what the term “postal” could possibly mean…Mike’s the one checking the post office these days…it’s just too stressful for me. Lol…sad sad sad…

I have changed my prayers of “why and make it stop” to prayers of asking for God’s favor upon us. Praying for God’s favor upon our mouths, my husband, our thoughts….Praying for God’s peace through this….praying over my tummy as I believe I may be developing a bleeding ulcer….praying over my kids so that they won’t be affected by our stress…and yes….still praying for our enemies….sigh.

I’ve seen the ugly side of our legal system first hand so many times….I’ve seen people given the shaft by our government….BUT…I have also seen justice and my Lord’s righteousness first hand….please pray that I continue to hold the Lord in my thoughts…for if God be for me, who can be against me?

I thank God for the lessons we are learning through this….I am thankful for YOU GUYS…my fellowship here has sustained me and kept me grounded in God through so much these last 6 months! I am thankful for the Lord providing me the true albeit few friends here that have stuck by us through this trial. I am thankful that we’ve even been given the opportunities we have. I mean, through all of this, we are still building our first spec home, and managing to eat relatively healthy. God is providing! In all this, He is faithful to provide.
This message board, however, is not about me and my legal battles…it’s about YOUR SPOUSES and how they too will come to know Jesus.

God has been showing me that OUR FAITH is the catalyst for our spouses being saved. It is our belief that the Lord will honor us, because it pleases Him so to bring our spouses to His throne.

The ultimate goal is that they are saved, not that we have perfect marriages, or they become some Barbie or Ken doll too perfect to stand…it is that they become perfected through the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. It is that perfection we are seeking in them.

Can you believe you spouse will be saved? Can you proclaim it in His name? Can you start claiming the grace and glory and utter LOVE that Jesus reigns upon us? Can you open your mouth today and thank Jesus for bringing your spouse into the fold? He is mighty to save! We will become a board filled with FORMER U.Y. relationships. In Jesus name, I already proclaim the victory.

Love you guys so very very much!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:37 pm

AND :welcome: Operator you and your hubbie are deep in my prayers. Coming from having a hubbie who was raised strict catholic - I know the battle you face. I'm lucky though - most of my relatives on his side have or are developing a relationship with Jesus - and those who aren't, speak only Spanish...

What's worked for me is just talking about Jesus - how wonderful He is - how your relationship is with Him...no preaching - I just assume they have the same thing - as I was told "they came first" before Christians...so when they see you have this really cool thing with Jesus that they don't seem to have - and they see you pray directly to Him...it starts to leave an impression. Slowly the seed of Catholicism begins to be watered and nurtured that the knowledge of the one true God becomes the awareness of Jesus and our personal relatioship with Him....the walls will break and their relatioship will be changed! I never bring up Mary btw...and when they do I agree on how hard that must have been for a mortal mother to face... and thank God that Jesus is immortal However, Jesus and being filled with the Holy Spirit - they are the only intercessors for our Father God.

Love on them by bragging about Jesus. Even they know logically that Mary cannot be praised above Him.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 am

God is using us all in so many wonderful ways!

Continue to look to Him on the throne and know that He loves each and every one of us soooooooo much!

Praying that the seeds we spread - especially to our family members - take root in good soil and grow to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:21 pm

MAY DAY MAY DAY!!! Emergency prayer needed. We just got the mail and received three letters fro the department of justice. It seems these people are now going to try to sue us civillay in addition to CCB.

There allegations are truly lies and we have proof to back us up, but once again here we go.

We poured our foundation this morning - thank you for all your prayers as it is going beautifully. Of course, we placed scripture in all corners and throughout the foundation! :armor:

This weekend I will be putting on my attorney hat....please pray for wisdom, guidance and peace....also pray that God supernaturally removes my anger and keeps it gone. I don't trust myself to even see them in town at this point....

Please pray doubly for Mike....he is so new in the Word....
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 pm

:cry: Oh you guys....my 12 yr old daughter went to youth group tonight and was CONFRONTED by the mother and her daughter about what's going on! They put on this front to pray - throwing her under the bus and putting her on the spot in front of everyone! Then the mother pulls the youth leader aside and has apparently made us out to be the bad guys in ways that are so untrue! I know my yes should just be yes - but I want to PROVE our innocence so badly! how do I do that and remain a godly woman?!?

This is so not fair. I can barely type, I can't stop crying....and I dare not wake Mike - he's been up since 3am for the foundation... you guys - I'm breaking....

Oh Jesus - Please help me.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:17 pm

God is so faithful! He led me here shortly after my initial breakdown....still crying, but better.

Day By Day By Grace Bob Hoekstra March 23rd Even More on the Resurrection and Sanctification
That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. (Philippians 3:10)
Paul's all-consuming passion was "That I may know Him." This verse does not list four matters for which Paul sought an acquaintanceship (a knowledge of God, resurrection power, a fellowship in Christ's sufferings, and conformity to His death). Rather, it points out one great quest (a knowledge of God) and three different arenas in which that knowledge could grow (resurrection power, a fellowship in Christ's sufferings, and conformity to His death). We saw in our last meditation how resurrection power and suffering can increase our knowing of the Lord. Now, we add another amazing aspect to a growing acquaintanceship with Jesus: "being conformed to His death."

There were some unique aspects to the death of Christ upon the cross (for example, His atonement for sins). However, there were other aspects of His death that God wants to repeat in our lives. As Jesus was placed upon the cross, it looked like defeat. It seemed to be the greatest wrong that man could ever do. Yet, God was working out His sovereign purposes. "Him, being delivered by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death" (Acts 2:23). At times, we are placed in situations that seem certain to lead to a deadly defeat. Yet, the Lord is unfolding His sovereign plan for us. In taking us through such impossibilities (and turning apparent defeat into victory), the Lord is allowing us to become more acquainted with Him and His ways.
When Jesus was dying, He hung helpless upon the tree. He entrusted Himself into the hands of His Father. "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit" (Luke 23:46). The Father would have to prove faithful, if Jesus were to come forth from the grave. "Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4). At times, we are in circumstances that are personally crucifying. We are in situations where everything so obviously requires a mighty work of God. If He does not prove faithful on our behalf, there will be no way out of the agonizing dilemma. When our Lord is so clearly our only hope (and then He comes through faithfully), we again grow in a deeper knowledge of Him and His ways.
Dear Father of glory, help me to not shrink back in fear and doubt when You are conforming me to the death of Your Son. When everything looks like defeat and disaster, remind me to look to You to work out Your will, in spite of the evil intentions of foolish or godless people. When I am hanging helpless in the midst of crucifying circumstances, remind me to commit myself to You and Your great faithfulness. Lord, I want to know You more through any means You choose, Amen.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/daybyday/03/0323.html
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Oh Kina, I am so sorry! And so praying for you and Mike and your kids! :cry: :praying:

And even though this is what I'd feel like doing to that nasty woman and her bratty kid, not to mention all those @#$%&*!......:boink: :boxer: :fightfish: I prayed for them, too....that they'd be so convicted that they can't stand it anymore, and would fall down at Jesus' feet in repentance! And BACK OFF!

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:48 pm

Oh bless you! I have to tell you - this is strengthening Mike. He gave an impromptu speech filled of the Holy Spirit today after i told him what happened. Amazing.

But, I'm still playing lawyer right now...and so far, EVERY accusation I can PROVE is a lie! Thank you Jesus...now it's just working it through and of course if God is for me - who can be against me???

...so back to the ick...Praise the Lord, the reward at the end of this must be spectacular.

:armor:

P.S. God spoke to me today...and said I should be Aaron now and let Mike be Moses....so, I'm studying this before I sleep tonight - but would love to her ya'll thoughts on this.

p.s.s. the BLESSING in what Kierra had to go through last night!!!! GET THIS!!!! I AM NOW HAVING YOUTH GROUP AT MY HOUSE (oh still yelling, sorry) on Friday nights! I teach Christian dance, Hip/Hop and love the youth - but my husband has never allowed it in the home....

this was his idea.....

Go God! Go God!!!! He is so AWESOME!!! Help me praise Him! Proclaim His mighty hand in your marriage and everyone step out of His way and let Him work on your spouse for a change. It's his job - and you don't have to do it anymore.

The Lord says it is time to rest in Him.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi all, and especially to our newest members...

I'm not much help around here...it's hard to be positive. Rob seems the same as always. He's in a lot of pain, cause of his back. (He's actually having surgery in SF a week from tomorrow.) I had been hoping and praying that God would use this year of pain to get Rob to see that he is not self-sufficient, that he needs more, needs God's grace...

But to me he seems as resistant as ever. Can someone be superior and stubborn and cute at the same time? Rob can...good thing about the cute, I guess...

Anyway...my son prays every night that God will heal his daddy's back. My daughter and I pray. I know some friends and my mother and grandmother pray...It just seems like nothing is happening. Perhaps I am frustrated, because it's not happening the way I think it should...

This is the total ramblings of a stressed out, sad woman, I guess..

I am so happy to hear of the victories that some of you are experiencing, and pray for your hardships too. I know that God uses it all for our good, and His glory...I can see that for other people, but just not for myself right now...

Am I just not a good enough witness? Is my faith not strong enough? Does Rob not see anything of God in me?

I've been dealing with my father, he is total new age...and I showed my dh some weird thing that he sent in an email...Rob was like, yeah..so...honey, I don't agree with your beliefs either, they sound a little weird to me...

I didn't cry...but I wanted to.

So, I am sorry to not be more help. This post is the result of lots of pent-up stuff...in combination with the upcoming surgery...

I haven't even really started praying about that yet, I'm in a little denial probably...Or, just haven't gotten there yet. There is so much to do to get ready...

Thanks to all who read this.

~S
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Oh girl! It may not seem like something is happening inside that man of yours. But I can promise you there is. The strangest triggers will take place and your husband will come to call Jesus his Lord. I've been studying the scriptures specifcally on this you guys...and I am not ready to post it all but I think and I'm praying through that our faith will save our spouses. Period. Our faith will save our spouses. Our love for them will lead them to Jesus. Period.

So, YOU KEEP PRAYING. We will all keep praying. and I would like to schedule a prayer meeting for our group here. Kind of like what we did in the whatever section for FP. It was AMAZING

Sparkly - Lifting you up so strong sister.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby talithacumi on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:42 pm

Dear Brothers ans Sisters.

love and prayers to you all

welcome to the new - we're here for you

sparky and keith are especially on my heart tonight, and mike and kina

be strong in His love and may we all be partakers of His peace

tali
talithacumi

Postby bugtussle on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:34 am

Praying with you all ... :a2:
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby Melissas210 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:59 pm

No one has posted here since April. But, I have a question...when you say that your spouses have not accepted Jesus as their savior, do you mean they don't believe in him at all? My husband claims to love Jesus and yet his actions and words don't always support that. He makes fun of me for spending my time here and he doesn't believe any of the prophecies. He says these are just someone's interpretation of the bible. Actually, he grew up Catholic and claims to know so much, but I feel he doesn't have a clue. And quite frankly I am tired of being "made fun of" for my beliefs and studies on this subject. Anyone have any suggestions! He has an arguement for everything I say, and I guess God hasn't given me the gift of witnessing yet!! I never have the right thing to say in a discussion of this subject. Help!!! :(
Melissas210

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Melissas210 wrote:No one has posted here since April. But, I have a question...when you say that your spouses have not accepted Jesus as their savior, do you mean they don't believe in him at all? My husband claims to love Jesus and yet his actions and words don't always support that. He makes fun of me for spending my time here and he doesn't believe any of the prophecies. He says these are just someone's interpretation of the bible. Actually, he grew up Catholic and claims to know so much, but I feel he doesn't have a clue. And quite frankly I am tired of being "made fun of" for my beliefs and studies on this subject. Anyone have any suggestions! He has an arguement for everything I say, and I guess God hasn't given me the gift of witnessing yet!! I never have the right thing to say in a discussion of this subject. Help!!! :(

Hi Melissa - we've got a part two started on this forum as well - so, Im going to move your post there.
We've got a lot of spouses married to someone raised Catholic - it does cause some rifts. The best advice I have is to just keep being you and maybe not try to talk about it so much. What are some of his arguments?
And, since I can't figure out how to move this over - I am just going to copy and paste and let the rest of the group meet you!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:01 pm

Salty Skipper

Previous

Return to Family Room