Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby brandiepair on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:38 pm

Too awesome that you all are talking about tithes right now. I have to tell y'all my story about it. My hubby and I have a VERY hard time with our money and he always lets our account go negative. It happens every single week. It doesn't matter how much I try to avoid it, he always finds something to spend money on. Well, last check he let me put $10 in the offering plate (he's also a firm believer that you don't pay 10%, it's what you can afford). This was the first time that he's allowed me to "tithe." It was no where near 10%, but I figure it was a start. So, I did what he told me to do and guess what. He got paid today and for the first time in I can't remember how long we hadn't gone neg in our account and I told him that he had to realize that that was God telling him that if he is faithful to do what He commands us to do then He will provide. Isn't that awesome??!! So, I asked him today if he wanted me to make out a check for tithe for this check and he said yes and I asked him how much and he told me at least $20 this time. He told me he would let me know, but isn't that just great?? Our God is so faithful to provide!!!

Oh, and for those of you wondering why I don't just do it without his consent: I didn't figure the Lord would like for us to do it at all if our hearts were in the wrong place, so that's why I waited for my husband's ok on it. I've been very consistently tithing on a little candle business that I am doing and the Lord has been faithful in providing a little extra help with that every once in a while and I think he's seeing the Lord work in that. Anyways, just wanted to share that with you all.

Hope you have a great weekend. We are supposed to get iced in and single digits so pray that we keep power, we have electric everything and if we lose power, we lose heat for my babies.
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby Passion on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:53 pm

Awesome! :banana:

I will sure pray for you! Our house is all electric, too, so when we lose power, it's really miserable! We just got through a huge windstorm that killed 7 people and left tens of thousands without power for up to a week +....praise God, we were only without for 19 hours, and I was really a whiner!

Now we have a whole 3" of snow, high temp 34 degrees, the lights are flickering (probably from someone hitting a power pole, as there's no wind, thank God), and we think we're freezing. And there are wrecks all over the place, 'cause the roads are a solid sheet of ice, thanks to the rain we had first. Sheesh. I need to live in the tropics! :roll:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby brandiepair on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:10 pm

Well, I just moved to Ok from Houston which is a huge climate change. There the low for the year is like 30. So, it's different for me. I haven't done anything today and really need to get off here and be a better steward of my time. Thank you all for being here. God has great things in store for our families this year!!!
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:46 pm

kat wrote:Hey Salt!!! That is soo AWESOME!!!! I have backed away from my hubby...decided to do more work on myself....maybe that will show him that I am changing for the better.....He is coming around more though....little subtle things....believes and listens to my stories more. :grin:

Praise the Lord KAT!!!!

I just KNOW God is going to a huge work in all of us AND especially our spouses this year. He will always meet the faithful. Always!
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Brandiepair,

Praise the Lord on the steps your husband is taking! And I am glad that you posted your situation as well. There really are so many different ways God moves through us - that what is good for one family is not going to work for another.

What brings one man to Christ could turn another away and I think the advice we give and receive here should always be taken to the Lord in prayer and seeking the scriptures, before being acted upon.

I'm leaving on a women's retreat tomorrow and will be out 4 days!! Please pray over my family as Mike is taking all three girls on. LOL.

PRAISE REPORT - God is merciful! Mike is rapidly healing and well on his way to recovery! Thank you for your continued prayers over his body.
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 pm

You all are on my heart tonight! Praying for peace within your homes.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:22 am

What wonderful testimonies! I have enjoyed reading the posts since my last visit and catching up on my family here at FP. You are all so wonderful and I continue to pray for you and your families.

I know we're all in uncomfortable situations, whether it's due to weather, health, relationships, finances, or whatever. Someday, and I mean soon, it will all be a completely different era for us all. Our Lord Jesus is patiently waiting, so that more souls will find Him and believe in Him. Once He comes back, we will be able to rejoice and be glad again.

Hang in there!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sparkly on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:13 am

Just poking my head in here a minute so say praise the Lord about your husband, Kina. I just saw in your signature on another thread that he is saved. How wonderful!
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:20 am

GOD IS SO GOOD! Thank you Sparkly! Our testimony is back a page or so - I should probably put it into testimonies...

Love you all and pray pray praying!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby brandiepair on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:55 pm

Howdy All!!! I just wanted to tell you my newest story about the Lord working in my life.

Ok, my son's 2nd birthday is next sunday, but the party will be saturday. So, my hubby has been out of town on work for the whole week and last night I asked him if he was taking off for our son's birthday and he told me he would try and probably wouldn't be able to get off because they are REALLY busy and shorthanded. Anyways, needless to say I was crushed. I couldn't believe he wasn't going to go out of his way to take off for such an important day. Well, instead of getting on the phone immediately and bashing him as I would usually do, I started reading the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. My best friend had given it to me wednesday and I hadn't gotten it out of my car until last night. Well, of course, I had to stop and examine myself before I could tell the Lord about how terrible of a husband I have. And HE told me to let go of the resentment and anger that's been building up. I went to sleep content. Well, this morning, at about 10, there was a knock on my door and he had sent me flowers, the first time since our son was born. Almost 2 years since I'd gotten flowers and I get them the day after I start praying for him something other than "Change him now, Lord." I know it's not a real spriitual thing that he did, but I know that me learning how to pray for him is going to really change our relationship. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm doing a prayer a day for the next 30 days. I just think the Lord is awesome how He is so quick to answer the earnest prayers of your heart. How's everyone else going with their praying for their spouses??

Keep on praying!!

Brandie
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:53 pm

:a3: :a3: :a3: :a3:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

AWESOME NEWS!!! Wow Brandiepair - I know how great this testimony is! Power of a Praying Wife...Ladies I HIGHLY recommend it - it simply strengthened my walk with God so much!!!

I will keep praying! :armor: I just know we're going to witness some miracle this year on this board. Souls are getting saved, people!

Love you all so very much - my family away from family. I can't wait to meet you all in heaven!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 pm

P.S. - When I went through the book it was during a Bible study series - one of the great things I gleaned was this...
Sincerely compliment your husband (spouse) at least once every day for 30 days. Even, no especially, when he doesn't deserve it.

I started telling Mike he was my hero, my knight in shinging armor, and other sweet things I never used to say. After the thirty days I realized I had been looking at Mike through God's eyes.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:44 pm

:wow: Brandiepair, I'm so thrilled for you! I also read "The Power of A Praying Wife" a few years ago when my husband was a pain, I was a mess, and so was my marriage. And what a difference it made! I especially liked the part at the beginning where she talks about taking a good look at yourself first (even though doing so was painful! :bag: ); it just made so much sense. And it was like you said--what a difference praying in this way makes! At first nothing seemed to change but finally, bit by bit, as I continued to pray, my attitude began to change, and so did his.

Today we have great marrieage--not perfect by a long shot, mind you, but a far cry from what it was! I used to think that if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have married him, but now I can't imagine that. Now I can honestly say I love being married to him--we're best friends.

Let's all keep the prayers comin'! :praying: :cheer:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby brandiepair on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Yeah, I don't know about any of you, but I grew up with a mother who right now is in her 3rd marriage and it's not going too good, and I kind of grew up believing that when I get divorced, not if, but when. Type of thing. It was kind of a predestined thing I'd kind of set for my life because my mom talked so badly about men. You don't need to depend on a man for anything. Be independent and self sufficient just in case you need to leave. Well, as I began to pour myself into the Word, I remembered one day that I never thought about divorcing my hubby anymore. I was filling my mind with things of Him and not worrying about worldly things anymore. I had always thought about divorcing him for the dumbest things and now I know that I just have to get through things with him. I think it helps him to know, too, that I am not constantly finding reasons to divorce him and that I am trying to make this marriage the best it can be.
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Count me in Brandiepair...I used to think divorce over dishes not getting rinsed or his repeated forgetfullness of Valentines Day. Thank God my priorities have been refocused with the love of Christ!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Help! Need a Lawyer

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi all. Can anyone recommend a Christian business attorney for Southern Oregon? The last attorney wasn't and was a shark. Since my husband accepted Jesus we have had one after another customer breach their contracts and we are legitimately not at fault (all budgets and timetables met), been faced with a huge medical bill judgement for our last daughter and the INS is threatening to ship my hubbie back to Mexico, and he is totally legit! LOL! If you know my story you know we are in the middle of a spec build and growing our company...

God is good! This is total proof my husband is saved, and it is drawing him so much closer and deeper into His Word.

I need a lawyer to take all of this pronto! So praying praying praying....
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 pm

How in the world can the INS threaten a legit person? Especially when there are so many immigrants that aren't legit at all?????!!!!! :shock: That's an outrage. Praying for your situation, my friend. :praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm with ya! Mike is a naturalized citizen. Means came over when he was five and basically has dual citizenship. We've kept his staus because he owns property in Zacatacas. It's all over paperwork and we've had to jump through some huge obstacles. Check it out guys -

Our legal issues which are so insane plates should be flying around once again - started on 11/17 Mike got saved 11/18 and it is still piling on! I can't even post the half of it for fear people who I have told about this forum will see and put two and two together. Teeny town.....

sigh. the sad thing is - the one that breaks me the most. every issue that we are being attacked on - actually the two biggest, are supposedly hard core people of faith....our numbers don't lie, and I know without a doubt we have done nothing wrong.... :cry:

this sucks....

BUT

GOD IS GOOD AND FAITHFUL FOREVER!!!!! :a3: :a3: :a3:

Jesus is the rock we are standing on and Mike is praying hardcore. I'm posting a testimony later on tonight hopefully - got more legal stuff to do....

LOVE YOU!!!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:11 pm

:eek: You guys....it's getting even worse. There is too much detail to post - but God knows....people, He knows our needs. He knows His Will, and i know that you guys are some amazing prayer warriors.

God heard your pleas - and answered prayers and saved my husband! He will do the same for your spouse too! Be faithful! It won't be long.

Please pray like you have never prayed for us before. We are up against some major stuff here and I believe about 90% of it is of the enemy. no lie. You guys, I know we are doing everything okay. I have proof...I have the truth and I have my God.

I just need your prayers now. badly.

:armor: :a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Hang in there Kina!!!! I will be praying for you!!! keep us posted as best you can. :praying:
kat

Postby Passion on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 pm

Oh, how I know what it's like to be screwed by so-called "Christians"! We were--first by a single, then a married couple who basically screwed us out of our house--we pretty much lost everything. It always hurts more when it's "family", huh? :comfort: We have been starting over for the last couple of years...our "new" house is a 68-yr. old fixer-upper dump BUT it's in a nice quiet neighborhood, and God has done awesome miracles in our lives! Not the least of which was my husband getting saved, too!

What the enemy meant for evil, God turned into good, and I know that He will for you, too, if you cling to Him and trust Him like never before! I will be praying, praying, praying, for you and your husband, and I know many others, will too. :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Passion

Re: Feedback

Postby nickylouse on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:15 pm

This is the only club I belong to that I hope to leave as soon as possible.

brett (on page 1) wrote:By the way in my case I'm the man :), but there's no real difference really.

I beg to differ with you in this respect: the husband is the spiritual leader. A wife can win her husband over by her purity and reverent behavior. A wife has 1Peter 3:1-2 to encourage her. On the other hand, a husband whose wife does not follow his spiritual lead finds himself alone. A husband is commanded to sacrifice himself as Christ did for His Church. In fact, this is exactly why Jesus came... to save His lost. Jesus did not stop short at praying for the lost... He gave up His life.

Paul wrote in Romans 9 that he could wish that he were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of his [Jewish] brothers. If a husband does not have this same attitude of complete sacrifice (even to the point of wishing to be cut off from Christ), we are not adequately loving our wife as we are commanded to do in several places in the Bible. It is only by the grace of God that we can do anything. I am not speaking from a successful point of view, but rather from one of hope (true hope - opposed to wishful or positive thinking). My wife will be saved, for God hears my prayers. Even if it takes my death for her to finally face the fact that she too needs a Savior, she will be saved and God will be glorified. In the mean time, I search for ways to show her the love of Christ as I live for Him and am unbending in my devotion to Him.

To the unequally-yoked wives, I can recommend "Surviving A Spiritually Mismatched Marriage" co-written by Lee and Leslie Strobel. I found this book beneficial myself, although as a man I did not find complete comfort. You may know that Lee went from being a staunch atheist, set out to prove the non-existence of God... to a best-selling author of Christian apologetics.

Yes... God will be glorified... of that we can place our hope!

Love in the Lord,
Keith

P.S. My wife is Jackie
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:46 pm

Keith - Welcome! You and Jackie are in my prayers immediately! And I can tell you that I had the same conviction for my husbands salvation and it has come to pass!

Although, I will never leave this club - it is a source of fellowship and support that I haven't found anywhere else.

I still think the men in our predictament have it easier - only if your wife is naturally submissive I suppose - cause I sure wasn't before I got saved...you have given me a lot to think about.

You are right though, I think there is more written hope for women in the Bible about their spouses. I'm going to read the scriptures you listed a little more closely this evening.

God Bless You!

and

Go Bears!!!
:alrighty:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby MarvelousMom on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:47 am

Kina,

I am praying for you and Mike! Even though we KNOW God is in control, this can be difficult times. Psalms 56 and 57 came to mind as I read of your legal issues.

Everyone, let us collectively pray Psalms 56 on behalf of Kina and Mike!

Heavenly Father,

Be merciful to Mike and Kina, O God, for men hotly pursue them; all day long they press their attack. Their slanderers pursue them all day long; many are attacking them in their pride.

When Mike and Kina are afraid, may they trust in you. In God, whose word we praise, in God we trust; may Mike and Kina not be afraid. What can mortal man do to them?

All day long the enemies twist their words; the enemies are always plotting to harm them. The enemies conspire, the enemies lurk, the enemies watch the steps, eager to take Mike and Kina's life.

On no account let the enemies escape; in your anger, O God, bring down the nations.

Record Mike and Kina's lament; list their tears on your scroll-- are they not in your record? Then their enemies will turn back when they call for help. By this they will know that God is for them.

In God, whose word we praise, in the Lord, whose word we praise-- in God we trust; may Mike and Kina not be afraid. What can man do to them?

They are under vows to you, O God; May Mike and Kina present their thank offerings to you. For you have delivered Mike and Kina from death and their feet from stumbling, that they may walk before God in the light of life.

In Jesus Name, AMEN.

Psalms 57 is also applicable...

Sisters in Christ and a fellow prayer warrior,
Kathy
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:48 am

:cry: :a3: :a3: :a3:

Kathy...you guys...your prayers....have been amazing. Yesterday was a day filled with sorrow, I just couldn't shake it...it seems so surreal. We have literally an "enemy" at all four corners - North South East and West!!

We are literally surrounded. It must be what Israel feels like.... :armor:

Forget all that junk of feeling defeated...

Your prayers last night and through this morning have made a HUGE difference...and this was before I even knew there was a prayer here on our behalf.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

This morning....I awoke refreshed and revived. It was if through the night, the Lord just washed all the stress and apprehension away.

The Lord just blessed me abundantly with a joy that cannot be explained. My husband too. It has been an awesome morning. And nothing has changed...EXCEPT... prayer... God MOVES in us!

Joy DOES come in the morning!

You guys! Mike is IN THE WORD STRONG!!! And this is why I can say AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD for this trial we are facing.

Guys, it's huge too. Goliath even...but we know how that story ends!

And the Lord spoke to Mike's right hand guy - Brandon (please keep him in your prayers too) - who is already saved and is actually living here with us as we do this build- to tell me to go to Deuteronomy 8:9 last night during dinner while I was speaking with Mike on my fears about how everything is going to work out.

Well this morning i flip open to Deteronomy and the Lord says - go to 8 - And this is what he showed me....

8:2-3
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, [and] to prove thee, to know what [was] in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every [word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
8:6-9
Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any [thing] in it; a land whose stones [are] iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass. (go to www.crickettlanding.com to see the property we are building on)

8:15 ...He brought you water out of hard rock. (Which He did for Mike BTW on our well problem two weeks ago, and Mike relaly started praying HARDCORE)WOO WOO

8:17
And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of [mine] hand hath gotten me this wealth.But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as [it is] this day.And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

....THEN...I read this to Mike...and the look of peace and understanding...when you just see that the Lord is speaking to someone - washed over him...it was awesome. You guys!!! He USED TO get mad if the Bible was OPEN ON THE TABLE!!!

Tomorrow is the anniversary of 2/7/06 when the Lord audibly spoke to me and said that Mike would live his life by the Word of God.
:a3: :a3: :a3:

I BELIEVED HIM. and on 11/18/06 he was saved. on 11/17/06 our worldly livlihood began to fall apart. And our family is just getting stronger.

Please keep praying, because the enemy is crafty and likes to spoil a good thing. Mike is being prepared for something amazing...I can tell...God is working on him hardcore...

I tell you all of this...so you can have HOPE and FAITH that your spouse... the one you love so deeply the one you pray over daily...have faith and hope... they will be saved! God is faithful!!

Thank you for the Scripture, Kathy...gonna chew on those at lunchtime...

You guys simply ROCK!!!

Love you all! My prayer warriors!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:48 pm

It is so amazing what God is doing in your lives! And you are being so faithful to keep trusting in Him, and to see how He is taking Satan's ugly attacks and turning them around to come out for your good and His glory. :bowing: :praise: He is so awesome!

I'll be keeping you and your family, as well as Brandon, in my prayers.

You too, Keith, and your wife! :praying:

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:48 pm

Wow! I've been on a great vacation with my family to Disneyland and Sea World. It was a wonderful trip and we are all feeling very relaxed. Sorry to have missed out on the details, but I pray for this board daily.

It is so good to see spiritual brothers joining in!

We all know the devil is waiting to pounce on all of us! Keep on your armour and let the Holy Spirit shine through the adversity. God is working in great ways in all our lives. Hang in there and keep running the race before you! God still sits on the throne and will forever and ever and ever!!

Love to you all!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby talithacumi on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:58 am

Hi guys and ladies,

thanks for the welcomes, and love and prayers to everybody. I have read some more of the posts and realized that my heartache is a drop in the bucket comparatively. Praying for everyone!

I'm ashamed to read my first post ... such conviction there, and how little followed through. If I had, perhaps things would have worked out, or at least turned out better but ... as it is, i broke the engagement two days ago. It was unexpected to say the least ... and to make it worse, i had had to think about it for 12 whole hours before he got off work and i could see him to tell him. I was so drained i couldn't even explain.

For myself, I miss him, terribly, but there is a peace struggling against the pain, and a knowledge that this was the right thing to do. Dreams that I had laid aside to become part of Jeff's world have returned with greater conviction, something at least to work toward (with an open and prayerful spirit) while dealing the hurt and the baggage.

What kills me is the other knowledge that if i had set Jesus on the throne instead of my own will and desires we would never have come this far, and if we had, it would have worked out - been the right and wonderful thing. Now i've hurt him, taken away what he has hoped, dreamed, and planned for for two years. He does not have the degree of personal faith and the prescence of the Lord to help him (the only thing that has upheld me) --- please pray for him

Lord, forgive me for my selfishness, pride and everything else i've done wrong. I have grieved You and hurt the man i love, my best and truest friend (which hurts You too since you love him far more than i do). Thank You that Your way is best and that You have a perfect plan for each of us. As foreign as it sounds right now, may Jeff and I rejoice in You even in these circumstances. Deliver me from the belief that he needs me in order to stay close to You. Please soften his mind and his heart and draw Him close to You. Help him to read his Bible and pray to You, and send Him our great Comforter.
Please bless these other dear ones who have trials and heartaches. Thank You for the breakthroughs and miracles You have already worked in their lives and the lives of their loved ones. You know them all by name and the intimate details of their needs. We believe that you have plans for us, for a future and a hope, and trust You in and through all things. May we ever draw closer to You, Lord Jesus. All Glory, and Honor, Dominion, and Power, both in our individual lives and in the world and the heavenly realms, be to You, Lord Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, and our blessed Saviour.
amen
talithacumi

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:29 am

Oh Tali - I had wondered where you went...praying for you dear sister. I have no words of wisdom...so I turn to the Word. He alone is our strength. Jesus alone is our comforter. Run to His Word.
I can't know you situation...so I won't pretend to...but (I know you know) :wink: that God knows and He has a plan - and He sees your dreams and knows your heart. And He will turn this into something beautiful for both you and Jeff.
You just opened another door that God has placed before you.
The treasures inside are your hearts desire.
And your hearts Desire is Jesus.
:a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:13 pm

I was going to reply (to Tali) until I read Church Girl's reply....

My gosh, you just said it all, girlfriend! That was beautifully said. I can add nothing to that except that I'm praying for you Tali, and Jeff as well! :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 am

Wow! Tali, I am praying for you and Jeff and the valley you are in. God is working in both of you and refining you according to His perfect plan. He will not leave you nor forsake you -- EVER! Now is the time to trust Him and continue to build your relationship with Him. I'm so sorry for your heartache. I believe that when God takes something away, it is because He has something better in mind (even if we can't see it yet). Hang in there and keep running the race!

Kina, still praying for you and Mike. I hope you guys are remaining strong in the face of your trials as well. :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:41 am

Hello my sweet sisters and brothers! Happy Valentine's Day! Now, I don't put much stock into the frills of this "holiday" but it does remind me to LOVE the ones I love and LOVE the ones that aren't so easy to love.

You guys are EASY TO LOVE!!! :a3: :a3: :a3:

But our enemies...sigh...please continue to pray hardcore for Mike and I....because our adversaries cannot win legally or on any level of truth...they are now contacting current clientele and telling them how dishonest and shady we are, following my husband around town and between jobs...you guys know how small this town is...So...also pray for them...these people attacking us.

I'm having a real hard time loving them right now...and not doing a very good job - I pray but the whole time I am picturing the coals upon their head! When I pray about giving my enemy food and drink - the mental image of precisely how I deliver that Happy Meal is not of Jesus....sigh...the mama bear in me just wants to do all the wrong things....

Mike is having a hard time this week as well. He is at his breaking point - easily getting angered over silly stuff...but he is cooling off so quickly and not blowing up like he used to...God is just working it!...this morning I have a PRAISE report...he was given the easy opportunity to retaliate in an un-christian fashion. And he said NO, I can't do that, I won't do that. And honestly guys, it was hard for me to turn down the chance to "get even"....sigh....Praise Jesus! He is our strength.

I have to remember that God is the one who recompensates. God Almighty is the one who sharpens us through our trials. God is my righteous avenger...cause I know I would just mess it all up.

THANK YOU SALT!
You are all in my prayers....
Tali...how are you doing, sister?

Now, enough about me....what are You going to do special for your spouse today?
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 am

Hey Churchgirl....I am praying for you!! I hope Jesus gives you both the courage and the strength to get through this time of trial....this too shall pass!!!

As for Valentines Day....I am horrible....I got my hubby a card...and a snickers bar....I couldn't find anything that I thought he'd need or like....and I know Snickers is his favorite....I am awful.

We are going out to eat tonight though and I am looking forward to that...He and I have been having some rough times in our relationship...and I keep praying....I stopped inviting him to church....but need to start inviting him again....even though he doesn't go....I need to always invite him. I have been trying to tone it down at home....but it is hard....I am reading my bible more now than ever....and just feeling like I am doing better in my walk and hope that my hubby will see that and want to join me.
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:02 pm

Thank you Kat - and you know I'm praying hardcore for you!

I made Mike a card out of construction paper...At a retreat we just had I re-wrapped a hersheys bar with scripture and loving words from Song of Solomon....believe me girls...my art is surpassed by my 6 year old!

I finally figured out that V-Day has been hyped up so much that if we buy into it - as women we will more than likely be sorely disappointed in what does or doesn't happen.

Remember, the romance is in the intent not the package....

Love you Kat! And praying praying praying....the Lord knows your husbands heart....stay gentle....stay loving....and read Romans Chapter 12...it's like the job description for Christians and if you place your spouse within that text - out comes a realization that they are the first persons to apply this to.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby nickylouse on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:58 pm

I have a request for a specific prayer regarding my wife, Jackie who is opposed to sharing her beliefs with me. I only assume that it does not include a conviction of the belief that Jesus died for her sins.

My prayer is that she will see my true motives for giving her an engagement ring today. We were married 17 years ago and neither of us professed a faith in Jesus. I did not properly pursue her as a man should pursue his bride-to-be. We lived together for 3 years and just decided to get married after we bought a house together. I was very timid and married her for the convenience of the thing. I decided to "engage" her today to show her that I do truly love her.

My commitment to her now is based on the model of Jesus who committed Himself to the Church (even to death). I have learned what true love really is by His example of loving me. And just as He longs to have His bride joined with Him, I also long for my bride to join with me in all of our endeavors in life. I cannot really share this with Jackie directly because she thinks that any reality concerning the Bible is foolishness.

I anticipated that Jackie would be surprised and even question my motives about giving her an engagement ring 17 years into our marriage. She insists that I want something from her. She has been withholding herself from me for several months. It has been a spiritual battle for me and I pray that God does not allow me to be mired in despondency. I pray that all of my motives are centered on glorifying God - and not just about seeking my own rewards.

I know that it is hard praying for someone, especially when you are not sure of the entirety of the situation. Without going into details, I confess that prior to knowing Jesus and committing my life to Him, I did give Jackie reasons to distrust my faithfulness to her. Unlike Jesus who never did anything wrong to warrant our distrust of Him, I feel that because of my actions in the past that Jackie's heart is hardened to receiving any love at all. Please pray that the chains that bind her broken heart would fall off.

Oh how I long to be more and more like Jesus everyday and for Jackie to come to know Him too. I want so badly for our marriage to glorify God. I admit that I also want Jackie to respect me and appreciate me for my commitment to God. If only Jackie could see my heart's desire to see her joyful about life and our marriage....
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:47 pm

:cry: Praying for you all night tonight, Keith.
Lord, I lift Keith and Jackie up to you, even right now, Father God. I ask you to make tonight a new beginning in Jackie's heart. Lord, I ask You to smother any feelings of distrust with Your Love. Lord, I pray that you give Keith the strength to walk Your walk. I ask you specifically to change this marriage tonight into what You want it to be. Equally yoked with your bonds....equally yoked in You sweet Jesus. I ask you to surround Jackie with the Love of Jesus, Lord...in her walk, in her daily activities, send her your angels, send her your sons and daughters...Father....you know our hearts....our desires....I ask that you meet Keith right now, wherever he is Lord, fill him now....I ask that you bless this marriage abundantly Lord....lead them into Your sweet victory, Jesus....in your name alone will I always pray.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 pm

Ditto!

I also pray Lord, that all of us who know you and love you would continue to grow in our relationship with you. Help us to seek you daily and look to you to guide and direct our paths in every situation. We are your children and we are so excited to know that you are coming soon! Please keep us focused on the things that please you and accomplish your perfect plan Father! Loving you with every breath, AMEN
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:52 am

Today was a day filled with the Love of Jesus...praying you all to sleep....

Happy Valentines Day!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby talithacumi on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Hello brothers and sisters ....

Keith, the Lord has great things for you. He knows your heart, how much you love Jackie and how hard you are trying to honor Him. Your heartache is apparent in everything you write, as is your attitude toward Jackie .... you treasure her, she is precious to you, you want the best for her (which you know is our Saviour Jesus!) May the Holy Spirit fill you, soften her, turn your sorrow into gladness and give you beauty for ashes ... may you have a new start. This has all been allowed for a reason. You are being refined and purified, made into something better than you could ever have dreamed ... the likeness of Christ. Focus on Him, remember all that He is to us (Healer, Deliverer, Saviour, King, etc). Make a list! think about Him - be in His presence always and everything else will fall into place according to His will and timing.

I believe this for everyone, including me. No matter how little we deserve it, Jesus will always meet us where we are when we seek Him. If we are honest with Him and truly committed to seeking, and obeying Him, He will not leave us in the valley forever.

Please continue to pray for Jeff. We had a long talk, out of which some good things surfaced ... but ... the relationship (since it cannot come to marriage - due to other differences i had yet to be honest about - and has been based on attraction from day 1) really needs to end. Pray for the Lord's will to be done. Thankfully for him, Jeff is reading his bible and changed his work schedule in order to be able to go to church .... but this is where i need to step away ( :cry: ) if it is sincere, it will last regardless of what i do ... and the Lord has other plans for me.

love and prayers to everybody

tali
talithacumi

Postby Passion on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:55 pm

Wow, Tali, I admire your bravery and obedience. The Holy Spirit has obviosly done an amazing work in you, for you to be this strong, unselfish, and obedient. This will save you so much heartache in the long run!

Wish I could say the same for me, but alas, my selfishness and disobedience got me nothing but trouble in my relationships. But even there, God is faithful and gracious, and once I got to the point of putting myself and my life under His control, and seeking His will, He saved my marriage--and my husband.
What an amazing, awesome God we serve. :bowing:

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi loves....please pray...another wave is hitting our family.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:45 pm

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are so amazing and so merciful. We know that You are refining each and every one of us. It hurts God and we get frustrated. I pray that you would shower your Holy Spirit over all of your children. That you would give us the strength to persevere in whatever our circumstances are. Help us to trust You and rely on You for our peace that passes all understanding.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

We love you Lord! I pray especially for Kina and Mike. Please show them how to get through this trial. May your sweet justice prevail in all things. Protect them from those who seek to harm them. Surround them with love and friends. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:30 pm

:praying:

Passion

Postby kat on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:59 am

Kina....Stay strong...and stay in The Word!!! I am praying for you friend!!! God will get you through this...remember though...that his answers don't always make sense to us right now...but you will be made stronger for it...Remember Joseph....he was sold into slavery by his own brothers....only to rule over them later.
kat

Postby nickylouse on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:18 pm

I am running away to Tarshish. I preached to Ninevah, but she did not repent. I hesitate to write this...

More than 20 strong mature christian friends I am close to know of the situation of my marriage. None of them know Jackie personally. They know that she will not give up her ways... will not believe Jesus died for her sins... will not forgive me (and others in her life) of sins committed against her. However, none of of my christian friends bothered to pick up a phone to call her... none wrote her a note explaining how broken my heart is over the damage I have caused to my marriage... none have tried to reach her to help her understand how to break the chains of unforgiveness by simply giving up the right to be right. While I am certain that they pray, I am discouraged by their lack of action.

The following advice is possibly unbiblical:
If you are a new christian, you may have an overwhelming urge to confess your sins based on the grief you feel over realizing your sins against God. Let me warn you to pray until you get a firm revelation from God whether to confess anything to an unbelieving spouse. Your guilt feelings may cause you much heartache, but the unbelieving spouse cannot understand spiritual things. Do not let yourself be talked into believing that you are withholding the truth for selfish reasons. And by all means, do not allow yourself to withhold the truth for purely selfish reasons. This is why I strongly urge you to PRAY AND PRAY until you are sure of what to do.

PLEASE READ GALATIANS 6:1 BEFORE READING GRAPHIC SINFULNESS BELOW
Galatians6:1 wrote:Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.
Jackie told me today that she did not care whether I live or die. In fact, I think she prefers me dead. The first year upon believing in Christ Jesus, I confessed some sexual sin, including pornography, strip clubs, and secret desires for my step-daughter. If you believe that Jackie is justified in her unforgiveness, CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ANYONE and follow Mark 11:25
Mark11:25 wrote:when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins

I have left Jackie even though it is unbiblical. I know that I am running away from God. I know I am not standing firm until the end. I have lost hope that Jackie will ever be happy with me in her life. Perhaps I am even forfeiting the Holy Spirit as I willfully disobey God.
John14:15-21 wrote:[Jesus said,] "If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Praying for you brother. And praying for discernment on the scriptures you posted here.

I do truly love you, someone I have never met, and praying for you so fervently. :cry:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:01 am

Nickylouse,

I will pray for you! Wherever God is leading you, remember that He has not forsaken you. We all displease our Heavenly Father - daily! Continue to stay in His word and seek His guidance in this situation. If He leads you to it, He'll lead you through it! Be strong brother! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 pm

You say you left Jackie, but you didn't say you're divorcing her. I'm not trying to split hairs, here, but I was just thinking of a couple I know of. The husband claims to be a Christian.....I don't know, maybe he is, and is just extremely demon-dominated (unless, of course, many of us are wrong and a Christian can be demon-posessed; some in our church think he is.). Anyway, after counseling with our pastor, his wife finally moved out for her safety and the safety of her daughter, due to domestic violence. What they're saying is, she's not really disobeying Jesus, because she is not going to divorce him....in fact, she moved out with the idea of not only safety, but also eventual reconciliation, as they are getting marriage counseling.

Like I said, I'm not trying to split hairs and make excuses for or second-guess either one of you; I don't know your intentions, but I just thought this might be something for you to think about. And btw, Jesus never said "If you love Me, you will obey all my commandments 100% of the time, perfectly"!:-) He knows we all stumble and screw up from time to time...that's why there's grace. Please, don't ever forget that He loves you no matter what, and the only unforgivable sin is the sin of refusing Him up until your last dying breath, which you obviously are not in the process of doing! You are His precious child.....even having been giving the right to call Him "Abba". Keep clinging to Him in faith and He will get you through this, one way or another!

And in the meantime, I'll keep praying for both of you. :praying:

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 am

I feel like a prayer hog - but I'm fighting black andbrown outs and don't have much time to write...FREAK snowstorm near blizzard conditions...we've become our own plumber for the build...construction at stand still - 15 k in loss and counting...my brother Aaron is suicidal and doesn't know the Lord...his soon to be ex wife just told him she's a lesbian...they have two young daughters they switch week to week....

ummmmm....okay...another brown out - gotta go...Love you guys....sorry to keep bugging for prayer....praying for you guys....

:armor: :armor: this is getting almost comical people.... :alrighty: :armor:

Jesus is my rock.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby nickylouse on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 am

Passion wrote:You say you left Jackie, but you didn't say you're divorcing her. I'm not trying to split hairs, here, ...and make excuses for or second-guess either one of you; I don't know your intentions, but I just thought this might be something for you to think about.
Thank you so very much! My mind has been racing the last 5 days that I have been away. I have no intention of divorcing Jackie and I am glad in my heart that you have relieved this burden of guilt that I have been carrying. I don't want to find myself compromising God's word... but I have been contemplating that the best thing for Jackie may be giving her freedom from me. However, I do want reconciliation. I am just concerned that if I return to her in a state of weakness that she will consider my leaving a "stunt" to make her feel guilty.

If I can discern what is truly in my heart, I believe that there is nothing that I can do (or not do) that will help her have the security that she needs. -- In one of our recent conversations she said that what she wanted most from me is 'security'. The security that she hasn't realized yet that she truly needs is what comes from knowing that we are eternally loved by God. -- She equated the desire for security that is in her heart to a matter of me providing for her financially.

I am not abandoning Jackie. I left home Saturday with a change of clothes, some toiletries, a couple of good books and enough money to survive for a week or so. Our house is paid off and one of our cars is too. I went to a city that is a couple of hundred miles away where I felt that I could find work. If my thoughts had not been so irrational, I probably would have landed a job that would have allowed me to continue to provide for Jackie as well as myself. But I told the man that I was living in a shelter for the time being and he kind of freaked about that. He was willing to send me to one of his other offices to run it for him until he found that out. So because I was not thinking clearly, I missed that opportunity.

In the mean time, Jackie sent an email to my family inquiring about my location because she thought I had gone to one of them. My family started to worry and called my cell phone to find me. My sister offered to give me a car for the time being until I could find work. She drove 500 miles last night to pick me up and bring me to my mom's. I am going to stay here for a few days until my head clears.

I am going to ask God for clear direction, but at this time I think it may be best to stick around in the area in case Jackie has a change of heart about our marriage or in case she decides to forgive me for the past. I can be close enough to meet easily with her.

I sense that Jackie is very close to coming to grips with her true need for security and I also think that there is a demonic force (or perhaps it's the lust of flesh or pride of life) that is constraining her mind. What I know is that any of the times that I have approached her on the subject of God (done in the gentlest and most loving way I can), it has ended poorly. So for the time being, I am going to stay away.
Passion wrote: And btw, Jesus never said "If you love Me, you will obey all my commandments 100% of the time, perfectly"!:-) He knows we all stumble and screw up from time to time...that's why there's grace.
I know that we are incapable of keeping His commandments completely, but I also think that willful disobedience proves that a person does not love Him.
Passion wrote:Please, don't ever forget that He loves you no matter what, and the only unforgivable sin is the sin of refusing Him up until your last dying breath, which you obviously are not in the process of doing!You are His precious child.....even having been giving the right to call Him "Abba". Keep clinging to Him in faith and He will get you through this, one way or another!
Amen
Passion wrote:And in the meantime, I'll keep praying for both of you. :praying:
God bless you
nickylouse

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room