Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby kat on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:11 pm

:a3:
kat

Postby kat on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:12 pm

kat

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 pm

Wonderful scriptures! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:13 am

:eek: okay maybe I'm making too much of this - but I was updating my profile and had to redo our link for my sig and I notice that my first post here was 4 months to the day - of our series of miracles. Nov 17 - Dec 17.

Wow. We need more members, we need more fervent prayer, we need to keep praising the Lord through it. But we need more prayer. Definitely.

Up this morning praying for you and your spouses.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday.
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:44 pm

I'm still alive--I made it through total knee replacement and the last 13 incredibly pain-filled days!

Surgery went smoothly, and it confirmed that my knee was toast. I was in the hospital 2 nights, and let out Wednesday pm right before Thanksgiving. The coolest thing was that earlier in the day on Wednesday, they asked me if I'd like to go to the pool for Physical Therapy.

I love water, so I said "Sure!" They put a water-proof bandage on my 5" sutured incision and wheeled me over there. They had a wonderful in-house heated pool decked out just for rehab, 98 degrees, submerged rails to hold onto, and a treadmill in neck-deep water!

I was walking around in the water, and on the treadmill, backwards and forwards. It was HUGE for my psychologically because I felt like I could DO something.

Pain has been very awful. The sharp, stabbing pain has gone (after 5-6 days of it), but the throbbing aching is still there. I'm doing lots of PT and am on LOTS of high doses of pain pills round the clock.

But I'm getting better. The Lord is seeing me through it, like I knew he would.

Kina, that is SO WONDERFUL! I'm happy for you!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Glad you made it through, WWW That throbbing pain is probably the bone adhering to the implant. Soon, you will be back better than ever. Praying for speedy and full recovery.
Salty Skipper

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 am

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:I'm still alive--I made it through total knee replacement and the last 13 incredibly pain-filled days!

Surgery went smoothly, and it confirmed that my knee was toast. I was in the hospital 2 nights, and let out Wednesday pm right before Thanksgiving. The coolest thing was that earlier in the day on Wednesday, they asked me if I'd like to go to the pool for Physical Therapy.

I love water, so I said "Sure!" They put a water-proof bandage on my 5" sutured incision and wheeled me over there. They had a wonderful in-house heated pool decked out just for rehab, 98 degrees, submerged rails to hold onto, and a treadmill in neck-deep water!

I was walking around in the water, and on the treadmill, backwards and forwards. It was HUGE for my psychologically because I felt like I could DO something.

Pain has been very awful. The sharp, stabbing pain has gone (after 5-6 days of it), but the throbbing aching is still there. I'm doing lots of PT and am on LOTS of high doses of pain pills round the clock.

But I'm getting better. The Lord is seeing me through it, like I knew he would.

Kina, that is SO WONDERFUL! I'm happy for you!

I am so happy to hear that your recovery is moving along quite speedily, H20. The Lord is always faithful, and we all knew that He would see you through! What a blessing to be home for Thanksgiving too. For us, it is truly one of the better holidays - we really can give thanks to our Lord and not have to worry about the present and commercial aspect. lol!

I will be praying over your pain, H20 - I just pulled a muscle pretty bad in dance and got to re-read your posts to fully understand my level of pain is in no way near yours. As active as you are and all you have shared about your lifestyle, I know this must have been a refining trial in many areas. The Lord will only allow us to go through pain if He knows it will refine us in the end. I have to keep telling myself that lately!

Praying for you all as well today!

Happy Monday!
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:26 am

Praying here as well! WWW, that's fabulous! Hang in there and don't get too rambunctious too soon!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

My Two Cents

Postby pretribber on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 am

ChurchGirl, have you thought about going on a Marriage Encounter Weekend? Being a guy myself, I can tell you that most men are raised to believe that it is a sign of weakness to show tender feelings. I am here to tell you that it is a lie. All men, even the tough as nails men, have tender feelings. Most of us do not show tender feelings because deep down, believe it or not, we fear rejection. However, after my wife bodily dragged me to a Marriage Encounter Weekend I have to say that it was the best gift she could have ever given me and our relationship. It is hard to say where we would be right now in our relationship if we had not attended one. The really cool part of this whole thing was that we met other couples in our area that attended Weekends themselves and now we get together once a month or more and have potlucks and talk about our spousal relationship and how the Lord gives us the strength to work on our relationship on a daily basis. If you need any information please email me. For that matter, anyone that is interested in Marriage Encounter email me.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:52 am

LOL! Yes, I have thought about a weekend retreat - my husband was even invited to one earlier this year. He politely declined. LOL! I'd be happy about having another couple over for dinner.

Every couple I've talked to who has gone on a biblical retreat like this has always come away blessed.

Thanks for the two cents! I'm glad you posted.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:06 pm

Hey WWW....I am so glad to hear about your progress with the knee surgury!!! Baby steps!!! It must be hard to not be able to do stuff-being active....Me...I am a lazy...inactive...welll enough about me...I bet you are just revving to get going!!! Sooner than later I am sure God will bless you with activity again. I will be thinking about you, and praying for you!!
kat

Postby Passion on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:02 pm

ChurchGirl,

I noticed your link to the "Unequally Yoked Spouses Club" while reading posts on the "News--What You Think" forum. I'm unqualified to join your club :wink: (no offense, but I praise God for that! :lol: ), but at one time, not so long ago, I would have been very qualified!

My husband asked Jesus into his heart in '04, but it was almost a year before he began to change, and another year before he started going to church with me. Now--what a difference--a totally changed man! But it wasn't so long ago that I was about ready to leave his sorry butt (I know, as a Christian, I shouldn't have even been thinking such a thing, but I was just so frustrated and miserable!:dramaqueen: ). So I just wanted to jump over here to this forum this one time to let all you "unequally yoked spouses" know that I'm praying for you and your husbands/wives, because I've been there and I have a pretty darned good idea of what you're going through! I pray that God would do an amazing work in the hearts of your spouses....that they would hear His call and respond, and that He would bless you with that Godly, "Holy Matrimony" that I know you all crave and that He desires for his married children. I also pray that He would give you, the Believer in the marriage, the courage, love, wisdom, discernment, and patience to hang in there and trust in His will, and ability to do all things, with His perfect timing.

And by the way, ChurchGirl, I noticed in your post on the other forum that your husband did, indeed, come to Christ! :praise: :cheer: I am so happy for you--and him!
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Our God is a God of miracles! :a3:
Salty Skipper

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Passion, you are qualified to be in the club just because you've been down the road we are all on here. Your prayers are strong and mighty because you have a heart for our plight - and you are truly someone I want praying us through this all.

Thank you for posting! I still pray more will join us here and witness the miracle of changing hearts and saving souls.

Praying for you all tonight.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:09 am

Yuck yuck yuck! Last night was a really bad night at home.

It started because I emailed a link to an interesting video about the end times and how close we really are to Jesus' return.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... sler&hl=en

I sent it to my sister in law and that's the kicker. Jon completely came unglued and expressed how embarassed he is in me, as his wife. I have jumped into looney land and I'm dragging his kids with me. Do I honestly believe that they are doomed to this destruction and am I determined to put fear into their young lives etc etc etc.

The worst part was the kids were in the room as he rants and raves and calls me the worst names.

Today, I am just so sad and frustrated. My husband is completely lost and proud of it. I don't know where things will go from here and I am just praying that God will continue to shine His light through me and the kids. My husband will turn me in to any authoritative body when the world turns on its head during the trib and at this point, he will enjoy it.

Please pray for my kids and God's direction in our lives.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:00 pm

:praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

AndCanItBe

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 am

I have an appointment with an attorney tomorrow at 1 pm.

Hopefully Jon will join me. I am going to find out the differences between a legal seperation vs divorce and how that effects things financially, and with children involved.

I know that Jon will be my husband til death do us part, whether we have a paper that says otherwise or not. It's just sad and discouraging that it has come to this.

Please pray for our children that they will feel the love from both of us and most importantly, keep their relationship with Jesus. I will not turn them from their Daddy and will encourage them to always keep praying for his salvation. I think he will not be generous in the things he says to them about their looney mom. Maybe he'll have a change of heart and surprise me.

I know God has a plan and a purpose for this storm. Pray I will continue to look to Him for guidance and strength. Pray that I will continue to love my man and pray for him. I'd really like to worship beside him in eternity!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm

:cry:

Oh Salt! I know where you are dear sister. Praying for you so hard. I was here - at this very point you are just three and a half years ago. I left Mike and took my girls for three weeks, it was about the same time that I found God and He told me not to leave my husband. And while that event led us here to Oregon - I also spent the last 3.5 years reaping what I had sown into his lost pride and ego. Mike never beat me and never cheated on me...I just thought he was selfish - and I was right. But, I was not released.

I am not going to tell you to stay with your man no matter what - God has a plan even if we don't. But I do give this advice - pray pray pray and ask God to lead you in His word on whether he wants you to take a separation from your husband.

I can tell you that just recently a good friend of mine was in your situation here in town - and left her hubbie. It rocked his world so much that he got saved! BUT they are still apart and going to counseling at a stable Christian church - and she still doesn't know if she can go back - once you take this route....

Now, Mike would never go to counseling - even when I asked let alone one run by church. So I just prayed for God to intervene - be his internal counselor.

I know from experience girlfriend that God is working through your family in this trial. That he sees you and your husband as one. He will be saved - your prayers will redeem him and cover him. You must know that Mike threatened to leave me time and time again, he told me I was crazy - he told me I was going to be a psycho Bible beater. I've felt verbally abused the last few years. Scared to say too much and praying I don't say too little.

Darkness cannot stand against the light. Stand strong in your faith and if after prayer you find the Lord leading you to stay. Proclaim to your husband that you are honoring God by staying with him and that you aren't going to be the one to leave. Because you beleive in your faith so strongly - you KNOW that only when you are married in heart and soul can you cover him and pray him to redemption. You are the ONLY light who will bring your husband to Jesus.

Salt - I love you and my spirit is crying out for you. I'm in tears as I write this...praying praying praying...God WILL cover your children. I proclaim that through this trial the light of Jesus will shine even brighter.

Pray over why you fell in love with your husband in the first place. i know that fight was bad sister, but that was satan and he knows somethign big is about to happen. You were spreading the gospel sweetie - expect to be attacked in the biggest way - in the hardest most emotional way.

Please forgive me Lord if I am speaking out of turn, but as I write this I just know that leaving your husband is not the right thing to do.

I just feel it in my spirit and Salt, I am so sorry if I am stepping out of line since we have never even met and I only know part of your story.

In Jesus,

Kina
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 pm

Can everyone who reads this - please POST their prayers for Salt here - or POST an indication of prayer.

I want to see the time stamps of God moving through our lives!!

Can we please all band together together today? Can we show the enemy that With God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

Can we join together in scripture and verse and battle this demon of broken families away?

Please join with me. Where two or more are gathered together there He will be in the midst.

Lord, please cover Jon today. Make a miraculous change in his heart dear Lord. Give him a taste of your peace today Lord. Only You can break through the mind of the unwilling. Only you can use the unsaved to your advantage. Only through You can this man be saved. I beg of you Jesus to cover this family today. Make a change.
In Jesus' name forever.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:38 pm

:comfort: Oh, Salt, you can bet I'm praying for you and your husband!:praying: I know from experience that God can and does work miracles in broken marriages! And He is the Ultimate Marriage Counselor. One thing that I found was helpful was the book "The Power Of the Praying Wife" by Stormie O'martian. No, I'm not saying a mere book will fix your problem, of course not, but it was helpful to me because it really helped me focus on, first of all, confessing my sins so I could then pray for my husband with a "clean heart", as she put it. Then she takes the reader through constructive, Biblical ways to pray not only for the husband but for the marriage. Stormie herself once had a horrible marriage--in fact, her husband wrote the forward, admitting what a jerk he was and how grateful he now is to his wife for all her prayers, faith, and perserverence. By the time I had worked my way through the book and the prayers (not that I prayed everything exactly as she had it written--just used the prayers as a general guide), I was beginning to see a difference. Several months later, my husband came to Christ! I'm in no way trying to say this book is some magic charm :shock: --just a useful tool.

Heavenly Father, please keep Salt and her children safe beneath Your wings...strengthen and encourage her, give her wisdom and discernment and strengthen her faith. Put Your words in her mouth, and soften the heart of her husband, while planting the seeds of Truth in his conciousness, and drawing him nearer and nearer to You. I pray that he would answer Your call and turn to Jesus, and that you would bless this couple with true and abiding Holy Matrimony as You meant for it to be. Amen.
Last edited by Passion on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby Passion on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:40 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Passion, you are qualified to be in the club just because you've been down the road we are all on here. Your prayers are strong and mighty because you have a heart for our plight - and you are truly someone I want praying us through this all.

Thank you for posting! I still pray more will join us here and witness the miracle of changing hearts and saving souls.

Praying for you all tonight.

Thank you so much for your kind words! :angel:

Passion

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:03 pm

God is the same yesterday, today, forever. His Word is always true. He is still a God of miracles.

Salty Skipper

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers.

I have read Power of a Praying Wife. Great book Passion!
I'll keep you posted. :cry:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Dear Father....Please protect this marriage! I am praying that you show this couple your mercy and show them the way back to their love! Please soften the husband's heart. Let him see the light! Show him what he is missing out on. Restore the love of this union and strengthen their bond. Give each of them strenght to make it through this trying time. I pray in Your most Holy Name. Amen. :praying:
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:57 pm

Lifting you all up this evening - and especially you Salt!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 am

Thank you for all your prayers! I went to the attorney and found out a lot of information regarding a legal seperation vs a dissolution of marriage. Armed with the legal info and I'm sure empowered by the Holy Spirit through the many prayers from this board, church, work, and family, I had and have strength like never before. I have approached Jon with my expectations - the main one being to have freedom in my religion in my own home. If I want to listen to my Christian music, then I will. If I want to tithe on my income, then I will. If I want to attend a bible study or hold one in my home, then I will. He accused me of being selfish and I said that it is self preservation. I can't continue to be repressed by him. He needs to let me be me. If we can do this, then he will most likely be happier when I am happier. Also, any and all confrontations will be held in private and out of the kids hearing. It is inexcusable for derogatory names or ideas to be stated about a fellow parent in the presence of the kids. If this is not acceptable, then I will file for a legal seperation. We'll see how this goes. He is thinking things over now. Please keep praying that he finds Jesus and that I have the continued strength and guidance from God to do what needs to be done.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:38 am

Praying dear Sister for your whole family and covering Jon.
Love you girl.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:04 pm

Good for you, standing up for yourself, your kids, and especially your faith--and in a Godly way!:angel: Who knows, this might even cause Jon to have a little more respect for you and your faith!

Still :praying: for you all.

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:36 pm

I was reading Jeremiah last night Salt, and came to the part where Jeremiah and another prophet Uriah are prophesying the same things. Jeremiah 26

Jeremiah and Uriah both get threatened with death for speaking the same things - however Jeremiah turned his life over to the Lord and basically said - I'm the Lord's and if you put me to death then it wil be on your own heads. While Uriah freaked out and ran to Egypt. Jeremiah subsequently survives and Uriah got tracked down and killed. Both were men of God - however one put his whole life in God's hands and the other feaked out and ran away.

After reading this I instantly felt sorry for Uriah. Sometimes, I wonder if I could really turn it all over like Jeremiah did. I'd like to think so, but I pray the Lord never has to allow a life or death trial for me to find out.

But my marriage was my life or death trial. My marriage was either going to live in the Lord or die trying. Your stand the other day with Jon is alot like what Jeremiah told the king...like it or not I can't stop being the Lord's. It is the one place I will always draw the line.

The last three years I saw my marriage as something I had to continually place on the alter. Every morning for nearly twelve months I hated my marriage and my life and my husband. I went through the power of a praying wife book and found some amazing tools to channel my anger and resentment into prayer. And finally with many heartaches and sleepless nights immersed int he Word - into a faith that my husband would be changed by God, that he would be saved.

I came to a point where I would actually tell Mike that only reason I am here is because it is what God wants me to do, and that if anyone was going to leave it was not going to be me. Mike never really know how to take it...because I never said I wasn't leaving by my own choice.

When he would call me a bible beater I would ask him why the Bible offended him so much, or simply ignore him. When he would make me cry with his harsh remarks I would run into the bathroom with my Bible and my power book and get on my knees. I ran to the Bible like my life depended on it ( and it does). I stopped preaching out loud and started praying inside. I became a walking prayer 24-7.

Use this time Salt to sharpen your faith and strengthen your prayers. God is using this time to get closer to you and to refine you into someone more like Jesus. I still tell Mike he is the sharpening stone and the refining fire the Lord uses to bring me to Him in prayer.

You and Jon will overcome this be strengthened by it and he will come to know Jesus.

Love you and praying for your :armor:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:21 am

I hope you all had a joyous Christmas!
Praying for you!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:11 pm

We had 3 sick kids over Christmas. My poor babies.

I am sending out my first tithing check. We'll see how Jon handles it all.
Thank you so the continued prayers. I feel really strong and Jon seems to be relatively calm.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Stand strong in your faith sister. I can read between the lines - and I know you've been in some serious talks with your Lord (Amen!)and I think you are fer sure going to be some sparkling silver when all this has passed. Praying for continued peace in your household and praying over your children!

BTW - Ask the Lord to bless your tithe and that it won't become a place of contention in your household. I've had to handle tithes of all sorts this way - and God is ALWAYS faithful and ALWAYS covers the amount and the need. God will meet you here and will cover your act of faith. He sees the sacrifice in the gift is beyond the monetary value. You are risking contention in your home to honor God, Salt. He will meet You over and above all your expectations. I guarantee it. So does His Word.

Please pray for my husband as well - we think he may have broken his collarbone yesterday. You know this can't be good for our business or home build - so...I am praying that it is NOT broken - he's refusing to get an xray...sigh...I am praying that God will once again show Mike in a big way how huge His hand is, and heal this tonight. I pray that that Mike will use this down time to get closer to God in prayer.

Love you guys!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

:praying: ....for both of you, your husbands, and children! :a3:

Passion

Postby brandiepair on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:16 pm

Ladies, I think I need to join you all too. I wanted so badly to read every post on here, but 5 pages worth and like 6 months worth of posting was too much. I did, however, read of the saved husband and of the almost ending marriage, and girls, I'm praying for you.

I don't know what to think about my husband. He shows his face all the time in church, but doesn't pray, doesn't read the Bible, doesn't do anything but go. I think He's a Christian, but don't know. He is slowly coming around. Jokingly, he says things that make me think he is. I have been called into the ministry and pray that one day he, too, will feel the Lord's calling for him.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to join you all earlier so that I could know you as you know each other. Wish I'd known about it sooner. I am praying for Jon tonight. My hubby's name is Steven. Thanks so much, ladies. Great support group!!
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:27 pm

:welcome: Brandiepair!

I will add your husband and you to my prayers as well! And it is never too late to join this group - to anyone still reading on the side.

I guess 6 months is alot of stuff to read though - :wink: but know that alot of the testimony here is so you can read and know you have brothers and sisters here praying as fervently for you as you are for them.

Praying for you all.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby talithacumi on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:03 am

hi, brothers and sisters ...

first let me say this is a wonderful group. haven't read all the posts yet but from what I've seen ... the Lord has seen the pain in your hearts and led all of us here to help and strengthen each other and glorify Him.

so... here's my story...

The fact that anyone is here at this site says a lot about where they are spiritually ... i think everyone would agree we're a little off the main stream, for the purpose of walking closer with our Lord, watching and waithing for His return ... and I was raised in this type of family. very bible based, very focused on Jesus. I owe my whole perspective and outlook to this upbringing, but have gotten away from it lately.

Also, i don't share some of their convictions, especially about fellowship issues... and ... long and short ... am engaged to a "baby" Christian from a catholic background. (that's not going over too well with them)

I was telling the Lord what was on my heart about the whole situation ... the torn-ness between my family and my roots, even my early dreams about mission work overseas, and the love of my life. I said, I can't go back to the way things were.... He said "but you can go forward from here."

so, i think I've been challenged ... to stop making the little daily compromises .. to refocus .... to stand, live, move and breathe in the Word, and start making the tiny half-conscious moment by moment decisions that include the Lord Jesus and work toward closer fellowship with Him.

The Lord knows I can't do this by myself, but He will help me as much as I allow Him. He's not telling me to drop everything and run home, or hop a plane to feed the hungry in timbuctoo, or break the engagement, or even put things on hold, but I have been challenged. Maybe one or all of those things will happen, but that is in His Hands. I know one thing will happen - I'll be closer to Him, and He may use that to get through to Jeff.

it's our behavior, not our preaching

do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God

fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man

be perfect, as our Father in heaven is perfect

here's to getting back on track

tali
talithacumi

Postby Passion on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:23 pm

:wavewelcome: Tali!

Passion

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 pm

Prayers for you, Salt, your husband, and your kids!

And welcome, Brandie!

I'm better, y'all. God is good, all the time!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:24 pm

"All the time, God is good!" :wink:

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Happy 2007 Everyone!

Welcome to Brandie and Tali! It is wonderful to see God bringing us all together to bear each other's burdens and offer encouragement. Most importantly, the prayer!

I truly look forward to the unfolding days ahead, sheltered by the prayers of all the saints. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Jon and I are in a peaceful mood these days. He even let my son Nathan play his Casting Crown CD while he was in the room the other day. :a2:

Have a great week ladies and gents! Thanks for the continued prayers. I'm praying for all of you and all of our spouses as well.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:51 pm

Wow, he listens to Casting Crowns? That sounds encouraging, seeing as how they're a Christian band. So glad to read about the peacefulness around your house lately, also. Funny thing is, I was running errands this afternoon and for some reason, as I was leaving the video store for my last stop before going home, you came to mind, salt. I wondered how you were doing and if you were going to post anything soon. I got home about a half-hour ago and checked as soon as I had a chance, and lo and behold! Encouraging news from you! :banana: :clap2:

And of course, I'll keep :praying: !

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 pm

Thank you Passion!

I had a mentally gruelling Saturday. Jon is really struggling with the whole tithing thing. He wants me to establish a financial plan on paper to justify a 10percent donation. Our discussion truly lasted the entire day!!!

I am going to put something together for him that is black and white. I'm going to check into the Roadmap that is available by Crown Ministries and get some numbers down on paper.

Please pray that God will continue to guide and direct my path. I have stepped out boldly and would hate to cave in now under pressure.

:lol:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:34 pm

You go, girl! :cheer:

And Brandiepair, I was just skimming through posts and realized I somehow missed you--I am so sorry! :imsorry:

A very belated welcome to you!:wavewelcome:

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:25 am

:shock: :a3:

Salt! The progress you and Jon are making sounds just like what Mike and I were going through. To be able to even talk about tithing is something to be happy about...well...even with Mike saved - and I've found from other equally yoked marriages that it can still be a place of contention.

What I have heard work - is taking the kind of "dare" approach. Meaning - I say, Mike let me tithe the 10% for the next three months lets say, and give me the chance to allow God to step up and show us how mighty He really is. God always meets us...and has never never never let me down.

And even with all His proof - my husband is still attacked in this area of his what was then non-existent faith to his now baby steps with Jesus. Sometimes I think husbands as providers and heads of the family -just have a problem letting go and letting God.

Just yesterday, the Lord led me to annonomously tithe a special amount for an upcoming women's retreat for some women who would not be able to attend. I already know that if I asked Mike he would have said no - but I also know that it is the Lord leading me - through prayer and confirmation - to step outside asking Mike and just doing it. And yes - I pray right now that God will cover once more another tithe in His name, and keep us from contention.

I run the finances for our companies and our lives - so it makes it a bit easier for me to get away with making the decision on my own - but I specifically avoid asking Mike because I know it is an area of disagreement.

I know that the Lord won't allow this to continue for much longer - and that Mike and I will need to go through a testing period in this area so that we can be equally yoked in tithing as well.

I've missed you guys! this last week has been nuts - Mike is dealing with some cracked ribs and broken collarbone - please continue to pray for his rapid healing over his bones and muscles - we don't have medical insurance so still no doctor's visit for Mr. macho. .....sigh

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2007 is going to be a year of revival and saving souls. I proclaim that another spouse from this website will be saved this year. And I pray that many more will follow!

Praying for you all...
Kina
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:28 am

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:Prayers for you, Salt, your husband, and your kids!

And welcome, Brandie!

I'm better, y'all. God is good, all the time!

AMEN!! and :a3:

You were in my thoughts and prayers the other day H20 I am glad to hear you are doing better- Happy New Year!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:32 am

talithacumi wrote:hi, brothers and sisters ...

first let me say this is a wonderful group. haven't read all the posts yet but from what I've seen ... the Lord has seen the pain in your hearts and led all of us here to help and strengthen each other and glorify Him.

so... here's my story...

The fact that anyone is here at this site says a lot about where they are spiritually ... i think everyone would agree we're a little off the main stream, for the purpose of walking closer with our Lord, watching and waithing for His return ... and I was raised in this type of family. very bible based, very focused on Jesus. I owe my whole perspective and outlook to this upbringing, but have gotten away from it lately.

Also, i don't share some of their convictions, especially about fellowship issues... and ... long and short ... am engaged to a "baby" Christian from a catholic background. (that's not going over too well with them)

I was telling the Lord what was on my heart about the whole situation ... the torn-ness between my family and my roots, even my early dreams about mission work overseas, and the love of my life. I said, I can't go back to the way things were.... He said "but you can go forward from here."

so, i think I've been challenged ... to stop making the little daily compromises .. to refocus .... to stand, live, move and breathe in the Word, and start making the tiny half-conscious moment by moment decisions that include the Lord Jesus and work toward closer fellowship with Him.

The Lord knows I can't do this by myself, but He will help me as much as I allow Him. He's not telling me to drop everything and run home, or hop a plane to feed the hungry in timbuctoo, or break the engagement, or even put things on hold, but I have been challenged. Maybe one or all of those things will happen, but that is in His Hands. I know one thing will happen - I'll be closer to Him, and He may use that to get through to Jeff.

it's our behavior, not our preaching

do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God

fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man

be perfect, as our Father in heaven is perfect

here's to getting back on track

tali

:welcome: Tali - and I'm sorry it is so late in coming!
You said something that hit home with me...

It's our behaviour not our preaching.

:a3: to that

I will be praying for you and Jeff. Keep us posted!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Praise God! Jon has agreed to a budget that encorporates a tithe off my income and a tithe off his income(for his spending choices, not given to God)! I was able to use the Money Map that Crown Ministries puts out at:

https://www.crownmoneymap.org/MoneyMap/

You have to register (it's free). On destination 1, there is a spot to plug in your income, your tithe, and your taxes. It calculates a monthly/yearly spending plan for you.

Kina,

I will be praying for you and Mike and your tithing contentions. It's so hard. Maybe you could look up some scriptures about tithing and even some sermons to help explain it to Mike and help him grow in his obedience to God. Ultimately, God doesn't NEED anyone's money. He wants our obedience. It is the one area where He encourages us to test Him.

Malachi 3:9-11
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

Love you and welcome to all the newcomers!!! Glad to have more family to encourage and pray for.
Have a Christ-centered day!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Thank you for your prayers Salt - and that scripture. I can't wait to show it to Mike. It was exactly what I was explaining to him - but could not find right away in my Bible.

GOD IS GOOD!!! And just SO AWESOME - He is all mighty and I just can't praise Him enough!

God is moving through Mike you guys...it is awesome and awe inspiring and fun to watch - knowing what I know...being the baby in Christ before him...seeing God just get right in his face. He is proclaiming God's mercy and goodness here and there...it just slips out into his natural conversation now and again - which is very very trippy to witness. AND COOL!!

We all know that just because you accept Jesus there isn't a guarantee of a big outward transformation in our personalities over night. God moves through us and works out our kinks until the day we die. I think about how Paul had to take three years to prepare for his ministry. I am sure God was working through him and working stuff out majorly during
that time too.

I trust that my Lord will lead Mike to tithe this year. baby steps...and lots of love...it's how He brings us up in Him.

Praying for you all!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Hey Salt!!! That is soo AWESOME!!!! I have backed away from my hubby...decided to do more work on myself....maybe that will show him that I am changing for the better.....He is coming around more though....little subtle things....believes and listens to my stories more. :grin:
kat

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room