Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm

So I am noticing that many of us are in marriages where our spouses are not saved, or maybe even backslidden (if that's a word). And now more than ever we are all feeling the NEED to witness to the ones we love.
We are feeling compelled more than ever to stand in the gap for them.

WE NEED HELP AND THAT COMES FROM JESUS and prayer and supplication to our Lord and Savior.

I don't know about you, but I sure could use some powerful prayer warriors over me and my loved ones.

Anyone else out there want to join the club - share their stories, triumphs, challenges and heartaches?

Our husbands and/or wives are who we are called to be joined together until death. We are even called to stay in a marriage with an unbeliever whenever possible simply to save them.
With that said.....

Hello. :grin: My name is ChurchGirl (Kina) and I am in an unequally yoked marriage. My husband's name is Miguel Angel (Mike)- I've been married since Oct 16 1999. I accepted Jesus July 2003. I need prayer.

EDIT Added. This is the post that gave me the idea to start this club...
patientlywaiting wrote:
I tried talking to my husband and I just don't get it. He says, if this is it, so what? I told him that he has a lot to do, a lot of decisions to make. He said if he dies he dies, it isn't going to change a thing. He knows what the news is reporting, but he doesn't care. He turns a blind eye. I just don't get it because he is a GOOD man. He pays his bills, goes to work on time every day without fail. He's never raised his hand to me or the kids. He has supported me while I go to college...he spends his every last minute with his family...if he's not spending it with us he is spending it at work. I don't understand. WHY oh why is he refusing this knowledge. I am so frustrated I want to give up. But how can I? HOW can we make others see what is right in their FACE! I am so sad and heartbroken over this. How do we make them see!? Why is it that I tell myself, "well I will just go out and get more proof"...and when you do it is just thrown back in your face as if it is nothing! Is this what was meant by truth was thrown to the ground. Because that is what I feel like is happening. Here we are, possibly on the brink of major prophesies coming to fruitation and everyone is looking the other way! How? How can this happen? I used to wonder when I read revelations, how could these people still not repent after all the judgements that were coming on the world...one after the next...but I now see. I just don't understand WHY?

ChurchGirl wrote:
Girllllllllllllll, I'm right there with you! My husband is exactly like yours. In fact, in light of this all he can say is we better get our party on this weekend, jokingly. And, I sure hope we get to go camping before it's all over!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I do have faith, and have posted this elsewhere, that God is faithful and he will answer the prayers or provide the peace for the spouses who diligently pray for their loved ones.

Keep up by walking the walk - I have seen my husband go from calling me a bible beating lunatic to asking me more about Israel and prophecy.

Sozoed wrote:
Our hubby's must be triplets!!! Count me in...I'm having exactly the same experience!!! Even down to my hubby being a non-practicing Catholic (at least that's what he calls himself right now...a murky agnostic is more like it!).
Thanks for your prayers on our unsaved husbands everyone...especially in light of what's going on in the ME.

A man's perspective!
Member X wrote:
us men are stubborn prideful people...but i can promise you that your words impacted more than they will let you know. men want to be in control and when you point out that we are not, we'll straight up deny it.

keep praying for them - diligently...and always give thanks to God for what He is doing in their life...even though you are not seeing the results now.

I was in a unevenly yoked relationship at the time God was really tugging on my heart to come back to Him. i began to pray for her salvation - pray and pray and pray. i also began to thank God for what He was doing in her life, even though i did not see results. and after a while, i asked God if her salvation could come quickly, if it be His will....all the while, circumstances looked grim.

a few months later, i found myself leading her in the sinners prayer.
God will honor your prayers, and He will penetrate the hearts of your loved ones! place all your trust in Him...and don't get caught up in the circumstances. God will provide the peace for you during ths time.
Last edited by ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby JADLAZ99 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:48 pm

:praying:
With my mind on hope, my heart, my soul on faith.

Running on Faith ...

JAD

"If Darwin's theory of evolution was correct, cats would be able to operate a can opener by now."
Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.
A wise man once said, “Most I fear God. Next to Him, I fear him that fears Him not.” If someone has no fear of God, he will lie to you, steal from you, and even kill you … if he thinks he can get away with it.”
JADLAZ99

Postby Sozoed on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:51 pm

I'll join! I'm always in need of prayer! :mrgreen:
I'm Lauren...Dave and I married in Aug. 1988. We have 2 beautiful kids;a daughter, 13, Katrina and a son, 10, Glen, and a son in heaven, waiting for us to join him. :a2:

I became born again several years after our first son, Cameron, was still-born. He would have been 14 this year. I fully received Jesus in 1998, with the baptism of the Holy Spirit as well.

My husband calls himself a non-practicing Catholic, but actually doesn't believe in any of the Catholic churches doctrine at all...so he is actually a very murky agnostic: someone who believes that there is a Creator of some sort, larger than he is, but can't name that Creator.

We have a very solid marriage, supportive of one another in every way except in the spiritual arena (where my hubby doesn't have a clue), yet are far from perfect. I guess we just kind of balance out each other's faults! :mrgreen:

I am very involved with my church through an intercessory prayer group.
We pray regularly for different need s in the church body and for the Body of Christ all over the world.

My hubby basically 'tolerates' this, because he knows that it is important to me, but doesn't emotionally support me in this area.

It can be very difficult at times, because I become ' the priest of the home' instead of him. I pray for the kids, I uphold the moral standards in the home, I teach the kid's the Bible (along with their church involvement), and underscore the lessons therein, I anoint the home with oil etc, etc.

I have been actively praying for my hubby's salvation ever since I became saved...and sometimes it feels like forever that I've been waiting for him to' come in'.

And sometimes we have 'head to head' conflicts over childraising because I'm a Christian and he isn't...which is really tough.

But the Lord has given me His strength is this area, and much grace! Thank you Jesus!!!
Thank you for praying for our family and for Dave.
Sozoed

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:23 pm

PRAISE THE LORD!!

I am going to have to just DITTO everying Sozoed just posted.

In every respect except I do an email prayer newsletter versus a group.

I live in a tiny town in Oregon (less than 2200 people) and attend a small wonderful community church whenever I can. We own our construction company, which dictates funky schedules at times for my husband and I.

We have three daughters, Kierra 12, Charlie 5, Mikala 15 months. I too am the spiritual leader in the home.

This sounds so sad - but it feels so good to know that I am not alone in this. I have no friends in town or my church who are in my sitch. (really small, two stoplights)

My hubby basically 'tolerates' this, because he knows that it is important to me, but doesn't emotionally support me in this area.

It can be very difficult at times, because I become ' the priest of the home' instead of him. I pray for the kids, I uphold the moral standards in the home, I teach the kid's the Bible (along with their church involvement), and underscore the lessons therein, I anoint the home with oil etc, etc.

I have been actively praying for my hubby's salvation ever since I became saved...and sometimes it feels like forever that I've been waiting for him to' come in'.

And sometimes we have 'head to head' conflicts over childraising because I'm a Christian and he isn't...which is really tough.

Our latest contention was the upcoming sex talk with our oldest. Long story short, once I found out (talk before so you know for sure where your mate stands on this) Mike didn't really think waiting for marriage was important or biblical, so I let him know I would be handling the sex talks with our girls. Thankfully - God covered this argument and Mike agreed to just nod his head and say "I agree with mom on this". LOL!

Stormie O'Martian's "Power of a praying wife" really helped me during the second year I was saved. If you haven't seen the devotional book you should check it out.

That was the year Mike threatened to leave me if I ever became a Bible beater. LOL! Oh! ....Those were the days.

God is FAITHFUL!! Every day He is faithful. Sometimes, however, we can become the biggest road block to the salvation of our husbands. It took a while, but I've learned to shut my mouth a lot more and let God do the work.

Even if you are the only one to join the club Lauren, this post was worth the knowing I AM NOT ALONE!!!! echo echo echo...

Love you Sis! Thank you for your prayers and the deep and meaningful insta-friendship that we can find only through Jesus.

God is Amazing!
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby kids on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:32 am

Praying for all those in this thread :praying:

My husband and I have been together for 25 yrs and married for 18 of those. I wanted to encourage you all to keep the faith and pray continually for your spouse. God does hear your prayers! My husband became a believer 2 yrs ago (Praise the Lord). He is still not the spiritual leader of our household (baby Christian :)) but it is such a blessing to be able to discuss things in a Godly prospective, ask for prayer and watch him grow. 23 years seems like a long time to be unequally yoked, but its just a grain of sand in the clock of eternity.

Lifting up all unequally yoked couples and asking for the unbelieving spouse to turn away from satan and turn towards our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

God bless you all,
Nancy
kids

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:54 am

Nancy! Bless your heart for the encouragement!
PRAISE the LORD your husband has turned towards Jesus! Woo-Hoo!!
:a3:

23 years...just a blip in God's perspective. What a testimony for those who feel like they will forever be unequally yoked.
I imagine the joy wives feel watching their husbands accept Jesus must be like giving birth. And the longer you are a witness to them the more joyous the occasion...the sweeter the fruit.

God is awesome, and I am already seeing His hand move through my husband's life in amazing ways this past week. I fully attribute this to my change in asking for prayer versus carrying the burden alone or with just my prayer partner who is equally yoked.

Prayer is powerful people. The strongest weapon we have!! Paul talks about it all the time. Unlike this world's ammunitions, we will never run out of supplies. Use your prayers frivolously...in that you are always repenting and petitioning your Lord.

God is good, God is faithful.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby watchingandwaiting on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:34 am

Hi
Sometimes yu feel that you are alone, I want to share things with my husband but he is not interested.
He says he believes in Jesus and that he is saved an he prays
but, isnt it funny that he does not want to discuss events or the bible
Last night I was at a clients house and a storm hit, it blew a tree down on a truck that was nexr to my car, my car had branches on it but was not damaged, the truck had a busted windshield and the roof caved in
I thanked God for saving my vehicle and everone said I was lucky, I said no, I always pray for protection for the vehicle as well as travel and others, I said God did this
I told my husband and he just looked at me,
the hydro was off and I was trying to get news on the radio and he said, why so you can find out what is happening in Israed
I said , that and local news

I dont get his attitude

any ideas what is going on
watchingandwaiting

Postby Be still on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:47 am

Just remember we are to be disciples not saviors. :wink:
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:02 am

watchingandwaiting wrote:Hi
Sometimes yu feel that you are alone, I want to share things with my husband but he is not interested.
He says he believes in Jesus and that he is saved an he prays
but, isnt it funny that he does not want to discuss events or the bible
Last night I was at a clients house and a storm hit, it blew a tree down on a truck that was nexr to my car, my car had branches on it but was not damaged, the truck had a busted windshield and the roof caved in
I thanked God for saving my vehicle and everone said I was lucky, I said no, I always pray for protection for the vehicle as well as travel and others, I said God did this
I told my husband and he just looked at me,
the hydro was off and I was trying to get news on the radio and he said, why so you can find out what is happening in Israed
I said , that and local news
I dont get his attitude
any ideas what is going on

Hi watchingandwaiting. My husband says the same thing, but it is as if it is just something he was taught to say. We as mere humans will never truly know if someone who claims Jesus is really saved. All we can do is verify their statements, their life and their walk with the Lord, by their fruit. and Pray pray pray pray...
Paul had talked about (I gotta get better at getting the scripture instead of paraphrasing) it not mattering what the intentions of the person spreading the Gospel was, as long as the gospel was been proclaimed. God would ultimately take care of the rest. I relate that to not pre-judging someone's claim to Jesus until I take the time to see their walk.

I was in a bible study group a couple of years back and we went through the Power of a Praying Wife devotional.
Many of the wives had husbands who attended church every Sunday, were fully saved and still not able to profess Jesus and praise Him for everything in all circumstances. They had various issues from titheing and their wives dedicating so much time to church. You know, typical married life. LOL!
I don't get it either, but that's where I just put my trust and faith in God. I once asked a group of women why it was that so many husbands are luke-warm for Jesus and why churches are filled with a majority of women. Some churches have nary a man outside the pastor on Sundays. The reply I got warmed my heart a bit, provided some hope.

Women display the heart of God. That unconditional love. Devotion.
And Men? I asked again...

We decided to pray.
:wink:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:10 am

Be still wrote:Just remember we are to be disciples not saviors. :wink:

:a3:

It took me about a year of hard lessons to realize that I couldn't win my husband to Christ, I could only stand in the gap.

Just Jesus.
He's the only one who can bring your spouse to his loving embrace. I just pray that I help His process rather than hinder...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby watchingandwaiting on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:16 am

Thanks I will keep praying and following...I will hold you all up in prayer as will :armor:
watchingandwaiting

Postby bjmac on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:21 am

Sadly, I belong to this club.

My husband is not saved. My children are not saved, (my 18yr old says he is but doesn't live his faith and tells me he doesn't want to hear about it all the time :roll: ). My oldest (23yrs) seems to becoming more receptive during our conversations. He is away at college and I can't wait till he comes home again, I have a few Bible studies prepared to go thru with him.

My husband walked out of the room on me Saturday night when I was trying to witness to him and talking about current affairs. :cry: He can be such a wonderful, kind and giving man, but I'm afraid some of his worst experiences in life have been involved with "bad" Christians. Much happened at the church I was attending and he forbid me to go back or tithe "his" money. That was long ago.

It grieves me deeply. I pray constantly for the Lord to soften their hearts and give me the words to reach them. He is so good and I trust in Him.

I will keep our little club in my prayers, please keep me and my family in yours.
Brenda

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. Psa 31:3
bjmac

Postby sparkly on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:51 am

Add me to the list. :(

But thanks for starting this thread, Kina.

Maybe a mod could sticky it for us?
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:51 pm

Welcome! BJMac and Sparkly!

I know there are times when we may wonder why even bother sticking around, especially when you and your faith are treated with such disregard.

There have been times I've actually drawn blood on my tongue by trying to not say anything.

Three years ago, God provided me a way to (MIRACLE) to be a youth leader on a week long trip to CreationFest. He even arranged for my husband to give his okay and watch both girls (at the time) during that week.

When I came back from my mountaintop experience the enemy was waiting and attacked with all his might. The fights my husband started, the snide remarks and rolling of his eyes, the mocking went on for nearly two weeks straight.
Here's the kicker...the ONLY thing I said about CreationFest when he asked me how my trip was that it was a mountaintop experience...I never tried to verbally witness to him during this time frame. Just reading my Bible every night... you know what I call - walking the walk.

Finally, one night, after he said if you keep trying to shove this stuff down my throat I am leaving you!
I replied with...
Fine, Mike if you think by loving Jesus and just reading my Bible I am trying to convert you, you are the one that's not all together in the head. I just gotta give this one up to God. If you gotta go, then go. God will provide for me.

:eek: this is what Mike looked like after I said this.

It died down for a while after that, and has never been as bad as that time since. Flash forward two years later - he still rolls his eyes every now and again, but he doesn't call me a Bible beater anymore.

LOL! One time he made fun of me for proclaiming that God have come through just in the nick of time, and that there were no coincidences, I JOKINGLY said - That's okay. I know where I'm going when I die.
He actually laughed and it broke the ice on what could have been a big argument.

The enemy will be subtle and knows how to push your buttons even better than your spouse! Don't be baited into a heated argument. Pray pray pray and don't forget to pray. Even through an argument keep praying. If God doesn't give you the words then it's a good sign to just be quiet.

Know this though ladies - cause so far that's what we got - God allowed us to marry the men we are with for a reason. Maybe your whole life will be focused around being a witness to your man just by being who you are, loving and belonging to Jesus through it all. Maybe you are the only person to stand in the gap for him.

You know, I tell Mike he's my furnace, the tool God is using to strengthen me and help me to grow. He finds it odd that I thank him for refining me, making me more Christ-like. LOL!!

It also helps to mention things here and there in conversation. FP has helped so much because I've been NUTSO in his mind for the past three years talking about JP and low and behold this week comes about.

I pray the the Holy Spirit will fill you all today and right now and that you will find peace in knowing that God is always faithful!!
I lift you and your families up to Jesus.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:53 pm

So you all know where I am, I'll give a bit of history...

Rob and I have been married 16 years. I was a Christian when we got together, but a backslid one. My Grandpa, who is a wise and godly man, said to my mom once regarding Rob and me, "why don't they just get married?!" And my mom told me what he said. And it truly felt like God had spoken. That's how much I looked up to my Grandpa. So, we got married.

I know that it was from God...because my Grandpa didn't know how...involved...we were. We were already living together!

:bag:

So, anyway, I feel that I had God's permission, even blessing, to marry Rob, even though he was an unbeliever. That wasn't the sin...the sin was...living together, and not waiting for marriage.

Rob doesn't even pretend to believe in God...he says right out that he is an atheist. We used to say "agnostic"-when he enlisted in the Air Force, they wouldn't put "atheist" on your dog tags. (How bout that?!?) But over the years he has finally out and out refuted God..."The fool says in his heart there is no God"

:cry:

My husband is...just the sweetest guy. He never yells at me, has never touched me in anger. He is generous, and fun. He is very intelligent, but has a twinkle in his eye. He treats me with respect. He let me stay home with our kids, or work, whatever I wanted. He's never been drunk, doesn't do drugs. He has never cheated on me. He is a good provider; our kids have always had everything they needed. He paid for me to have braces...because he knew how much I wanted straight teeth. He lets me take the kids to church, and raise them as Christians.

I can't say enough nice things about him.

And yet...

Everyday there is a little pain, that we don't share Jesus.

Everyday, I feel like I am living two lives. Because I can't share my love of Jesus with Rob. I can't think of anything, that truly separates two people who love eachother more, than not sharing faith in Jesus Christ. I can't talk about the future with Rob...what future? If he isn't saved, we have an eternity to be apart...

So, even though I firmly believe that marrying him was the right thing to do, and even though everyday I am blessed and thankful to have Rob as my husband... everyday there is a pain in my heart, because we, who should be one, are not one. Not completely, not spiritually.

I can't witness to him, we have been through it all before. I went through the "I can witness him into believing" stage.
Which made him go :lalala: And also :blahblah2:

There was the "If I can get him in the door of the church he'll be saved." (Which one year especially didn't work, cause I almost burned down the church. That's another thread. :eek: )

Then, I tried the "I'll use logic to argue him into believing." strategy. (Which doesn't work when the person your arguing with is smarter! :cheeky:)

And lastly, there was the "I'll be the perfect Christian, so he will see me and believe". (Umm..that didn't last long! :roll:)

I read an awesome book, about 10 years ago. It was called "Beloved Unbeliever", by Jo Perry. Don't know if it is even in print anymore...but, that book really freed me. Up until that point, I felt like I was responsible for Rob's salvation. Personally responsible. It was all up to me. But I remember realizing, with the help of that book and lots of bible study, that Rob is responsible for his own salvation. And I was absolutely freed! The burden was gone! I was free to just love him, and enjoy him. I could just enjoy the time we had together, without feeling guilty, or like I had to be preaching to him all the time...

The Bible says, "Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. " 1 Peter 3:1-2 (Fear=reverence)

So where am I right now...

I am trying to be a silent witness. And I pray lots! I remember the verse, that God is not willing that any should perish...that means Rob! That means your husbands too, Sisters!

I'm so happy to have this thread to share in, and support each other.

I'll be praying for your husbands!
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:35 pm

What an awesome testimony. I too was in the silent witness stage until this last week. The Holy Spirit has just been moving me big time, more so than ever before.

:eek: Now, about that burning down the church thing....you can't just mention something like that and leave it for later! LOL!

Praying and praying....
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Praying for you all!!

My name is Annie, and my husband is allot like all of yours. We've been married 15 years and we have 2 beautiful boys.

My husband was raised in a Christian household, and knows everthing that I believe in. He was raised with his grand-parents, his mother desserted him, and his dad left him with the grand-parents, while he worked somewhere else, and later on abandoned him, while he started a new family. I believe this is why his heart is so closed. :(

He calls himself an atheist, and doesn't want me to speak about God. He gets angry when I do. So I don't mention it anymore, I just pray. He doesn't mind though that I am teaching the kids, and sometimes he will even surprise me and put on Gospel music that I like.

His name is Shawn, please keep in , in your prayers!!
Downpour

Feedback

Postby brett on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Wow - EXCELLENT thread. I am in a similar situation and the info in here is brilliant. Great words of advice I am already applying. Thanks all. By the way in my case I'm the man :), but there's no real difference really.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby Downpour on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:29 pm

Brett, welcome, I'm praying for your wife!!
Downpour

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:34 pm

WOO-HOO
WE GOT A MAN IN THE GROUP!!!

Welcome Brett! I am so glad you posted.

And

Welcome Annie! My brother claims to be an atheist for the same type of reasons. I read a book Letters from a Skeptic by Dr. Gregory A. Boyd and Edward K. Boyd. A son writing back and forth with his atheist father. Very insightful.

I will be praying for you both!

This is such an overlooked area in many churches, don't you think?

Don't forget to share your triumphs here as well.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Hey Downpour - what gospel groups/singers do you like? I love all gospel pretty much and I am a certifable music nut. All genres of christian music.

This year Mike too has stopped making fun of my choice in tunes. Although, our music budget has doubled since he stills listens to secular music on his Ipod.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:04 am

He likes Johnny Cash, so we listen allot to his Gospels songs. I love all the Christian music, my favorite group is Avalon. I also like the hymms. It depends what mood I'm in!! :mrgreen:

Thank you all for your prayers.

The kids and I pray allot for my husband, my little one who is 7 is really sad that is dad doesn't believe, he is very sensetive. He understand what it means if you don't have Jesus, so at times he cries, and I try to console him, saying maybe if we pray for daddy, he will eventually believe. For me that is the hardest thing, seeing my children so worried about their father, it breaks my heart!! :cry:
Downpour

Postby soonverysoon on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:47 am

I am not sure what my husband is, but he is sure not of God.

He says he is saved but he uses the Lords name in the worst way everyday many times a day.

He go's to church and says he loves it. But he will cuss me all the way there and all the way home. He make fun of the worship and calls me names.

He believes in the teachings of a cult in another state and says I am not a chosen of God (chosen to know the truth)but he is. If I ask how it is he is ok with God with the way he is always cussing, he says that God knows he is human but because he knows the truth that makes him a chosen.

I want go into the teaching of this cult but they are nuts.

So it breaks down to this...my husband ask Jesus to save him but beleives no one else understands the things of God like he does. And because of this he can do and say whatever he wants. And he says the way I and the others in our church worship is from the devil.

He has no respect for me in anyway. He puts me down all the time in everything in our lives not just the stuff about God. He is mad all the time and our marriage is really on the rocks.

We have three little kids or I would have been gone a long time ago.

I really don't like my husband but I pray for him because I know God can do anything.

I need God to do something I am very unhappy.

Thanks for starting this post, it helps to know I am not the only one.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby sparkly on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:15 am

I'm so sorry, svs...that must be so hard. :(

Praying for all my sisters. Image
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 am

Dear soonverysoon,

You know that you and your husband will be covered in all of our prayers here. It must be very difficult to go through your marriage with this between the two of you.

Your children will be especially in my prayers because I know how hard (understatement) it is to live in a divided home.

I can't begin to tell you how much your testimony means to me. Thank you for posting, and welcome to the club! (Gotta find joy in everything, right) lol!

Today I am going to focus on Jesus. He is all the husband I need.

Lord, please cover your loved ones today as You always do. You are faithful and loving and just Lord Jesus. You will make what is wrong right again, what is incomplete..you will make whole. You do not forget the sparrows, and you will not forget your sons and daughters who stand in the gap for their spouses and loved ones. I know you will reward these faithful with a special crown in Heaven Lord. For you are almighty and you alone are my provider, my comforter, my sheild, my fortress. Yes Lord, you are my strong tower and the lover of my soul. And in only Jesus' name will I always pray.

:armor:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 am

Downpour wrote:He likes Johnny Cash, so we listen allot to his Gospels songs. I love all the Christian music, my favorite group is Avalon. I also like the hymms. It depends what mood I'm in!! :mrgreen:

Thank you all for your prayers.

The kids and I pray allot for my husband, my little one who is 7 is really sad that is dad doesn't believe, he is very sensetive. He understand what it means if you don't have Jesus, so at times he cries, and I try to console him, saying maybe if we pray for daddy, he will eventually believe. For me that is the hardest thing, seeing my children so worried about their father, it breaks my heart!! :cry:

Johnny Cash bridged the gap for Mike and I as well. I even got him the latest biography from his family for father's day. I love Johnny's story because it so real and he had it tough just like my husband did.

Charlie (5.5 daughter going on 35) is in the same situation as your little one. I tell Kierra (12) and Charlie that God is so faithful and that he didn't put us on this earth to worry about anything, just to spread his love. And that the best way for Daddy to see the love of Jesus is to walk it and talk it everyday. I tell them that's why God gave us armor to get us through the day, sometimes even the MINUTE, dare I say even a second of the day? And when we get to Heaven everything will make so much sense that no one will ever cry again! Ever!

It's tough fer sure!!

I'm off on a 6 hours road trip to go pick up my oldest from 2 week vaca with my dad in Vegas. Keep me covered!

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Swayde on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 am

I am in the same boat as many of you. My husband was raised Episcapalian (not sure if that's spelled right)...he says he has read the Bible and has researched other religions and he just doesn't really agree with any of them and considers himself to be Agnostic. He is constantly putting down my church and very quick to point out the flaws in my family who all claim to be Christians and the mistakes they make. He even is quick to point out my mistakes and tell me that I'll go to hell for them. He often misquotes the Bible when he does this and when I point it out to him he gets very defensive and quickly changes the subject. He's very stubborn and very proud and I think he honestly thinks he's just too smart for religion. (He really tries to put me down a lot, even though my IQ is higher than his and he is not so good at winning arguments because he doesn't take the time to gather all his facts first, and he underestimates me constantly).

On the other hand, he fully supports me raising my son as Christian, and was even the one who suggested that I homeschool him and get him out of the public school system. He allows me to send my son to a Christian camp during the summers and has no problems with me being involved in church related activities. He doesn't stop me from listening to gospel music or my son, and he doesn't interfere in our Bible reading or prayers. He even managed to impress my son by reciting the Lord's Prayer.

He's got a lot of issues, some I am aware of, some he refuses to share about. I know that he's been through a lot of hurt and bad experiences in his life. I know that his family is not very close or very loving. I know he's been exposed to a lot of hypocrits and unBiblical beliefs. If he's ever really had any true experience with God, than he is in complete denial.

I pray for him all the time. I love him so much and most of the time we get along really well and have a lot in common. My son is also quite sensitive and he gets very sad and cries as well for his daddy and his friends who do not believe in God. I just pray that the Lord will soften his heart and open his eys before it's too late.

I can't even fathom how he can believe that there is nothing when we die, we just simply cease to exist...how depressing and pointless life must be for him =(
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby soonverysoon on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:43 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Dear soonverysoon,

You know that you and your husband will be covered in all of our prayers here. It must be very difficult to go through your marriage with this between the two of you.

Your children will be especially in my prayers because I know how hard (understatement) it is to live in a divided home.

I can't begin to tell you how much your testimony means to me. Thank you for posting, and welcome to the club! (Gotta find joy in everything, right) lol!

Today I am going to focus on Jesus. He is all the husband I need.

Lord, please cover your loved ones today as You always do. You are faithful and loving and just Lord Jesus. You will make what is wrong right again, what is incomplete..you will make whole. You do not forget the sparrows, and you will not forget your sons and daughters who stand in the gap for their spouses and loved ones. I know you will reward these faithful with a special crown in Heaven Lord. For you are almighty and you alone are my provider, my comforter, my sheild, my fortress. Yes Lord, you are my strong tower and the lover of my soul. And in only Jesus' name will I always pray.

:armor:

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words. I am praying for all ya'll as well.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby Downpour on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:38 pm

((soonverysoon)) I am praying for you and your familly. Just keep praying for your husband, don't give up. So many times I just wanted to give up, but over time, I have seen little changes, God can do miracles!!!

Welcome Swayde, I'm praying for you and your husband.
Downpour

Postby Downpour on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:
Johnny Cash bridged the gap for Mike and I as well. I even got him the latest biography from his family for father's day. I love Johnny's story because it so real and he had it tough just like my husband did.

Charlie (5.5 daughter going on 35) is in the same situation as your little one. I tell Kierra (12) and Charlie that God is so faithful and that he didn't put us on this earth to worry about anything, just to spread his love. And that the best way for Daddy to see the love of Jesus is to walk it and talk it everyday. I tell them that's why God gave us armor to get us through the day, sometimes even the MINUTE, dare I say even a second of the day? And when we get to Heaven everything will make so much sense that no one will ever cry again! Ever!

It's tough fer sure!!

I'm off on a 6 hours road trip to go pick up my oldest from 2 week vaca with my dad in Vegas. Keep me covered!

I'll keep your little one's in my prayers also. It's amazing to me, how the littlest one's seem to understand God's words more than adults do!!!
Downpour

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:54 pm

Welcome Swayde!

Your testimony touched my heart and rang true for a lot of areas in my life. What Downpour says here is so true!

Just keep praying for your husband, don't give up. So many times I just wanted to give up, but over time, I have seen little changes, God can do miracles!!!

I think this is going to be one fabulous club! It feels good to be able to build each other up in the Lord. With our backgrounds so similar and so different at the same time - I just pray the testimonies here will help others out there know....

you are not alone! LOL!
Well, I am getting my last dose of FP and then it's off to camping with my family and about 100 other families for a week! :eek:

No news, no FP, NO CLUB?!?!? :cry:

Please keep me in your prayers during the next week as I am going to be the only conservative Christian in a group of really nice people who do not know Jesus. I've packed my study bibles and plan on digging into the word while I soak up the sun! If it wouldn't be to much trouble - please Pray for opps to witness, safety for my kids, and peace for my husband.

You will all be in my specific prayers all week long! If anyone here has telepathic powers, please send me the news around 4pm. :alrighty:

Much Love and Blessings,
Kina
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:35 am

I will keep you in my prayers Churchgirl. I pray you will get a chance to witness God's wonderful Love to everyone you meet!!

:lol: Sorry I'm not telepathic, but I will be praying for you and your familly!!
Downpour

Postby Sozoed on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:08 pm

Wow!Thanks Kina (such a pretty name BTW ) for starting this club thread...and what a good idea to make it a sticky! I believe that this will bless many people in their walk with the Lord.
Everyone's testimonies touched me, and I'd like all to know that I will be praying for them and their spouses to really feel the love of Jesus in their lives. Hugs and prayers to you all!
~Lauren
Sozoed

Postby sparkly on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:22 am

Praying for all my sisters.
sparkly

Postby KnightOfTheLord on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:22 pm

Gidday everyone. Great idea for a thread ChurchGirl. My heart goes out to all of you who are in this unfortunate position of having a spouse that has not yet given their heart to the Lord. We know our loved ones must accept Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour, and that time is rapidly running out for them to make that decision. I too know this pain from my own personal experience. It really grieves me to know the fate that awaits people we love, like my own wife (Colleen) who has repeatedly refused to even listen to anything to do with Christianity.
As a bit of encouragement to you all, I would like to urge you to continue to pray for your loved ones even though at times, it can seem quite pointless, and that nothng is happening.
For nearly 30 years, my parents prayed for the salvation of myself and my younger brother. I was a very stuborn old goat that considered myself to be an athiest and the last person on earth that would ever become a Christian. Some of you may be married to someone like I was. I hated anything to do with Christianity, and would treat it like a sport to attack Christians and would give them such a hard time for being so stupid for believing in an invisible fairytale God.
Through dedicated prayer and the good witness of many Christian people that I attacked, and through the mercy of the most gracious and forgiving God, my eyes were opened to the truth.
Prayer does work for even the hardest of hearts. Keep praying for your loved ones. Even though it may not seem like anything is happening, we must not underestimate the power of God.

God Bless
Mike.

p.s. Could you all give the first names of your Husbands and wives that you would like prayer for, as a first name makes it easier for me to pray for someone.
Thanks heaps!
KnightOfTheLord

Postby Be still on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:01 pm

:welcome: KnightOfTheLord
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Mrs. B on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:30 pm

This is a Great Post........

As Mothers....and wives......and husbands.....

I Peter 3:1.......Likewise, ye wives......be in subjection to yur own husbands........that.....if any obey not the word........they also may......
WITHOUT THE WORD.........BE WON......BY THE CONVERSATION (the way of Life) of the wives.......

2......While they behold....Your Chaste Conversation....coupled with fear

3.......Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair....and wearing of gold..or putting on of apparel........

4......But let it be the Hidden Man of the Heart......in that which is not corruptible even the ornament of a MEEK AND QUITE SPIRIT.......Which is in the sight of God of Great Price.......

5.....For After this manner in the Old Times....the Holy women Also.....WHO TRUSTED IN GOD......ADORNED Themselves......being in subjection unto their Own Husbands.......

Notice This.....

6.....Even as Sarah Obeyed Abraham.......CALLING HIM LORD: WHOSE DAUGHTERS YE ARE......as long as ye do well.....and are not aftaid with any amazement......

I often think of Sarah........when she and Abraham lied and said.....She was His Sister.....to the King.........And Sarah was taken into the Kings Palace to be groomed for His (the kings) wife.......

It appears she was there for several months......

I think of the Faith she had......for after this manner....in the old time the holy women also......WHO TRUSTED IN GOD

Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham......calling Him Lord...

Sarah's faith was not in Abraham........But Her Faith was in the Lord.......

I've often thought.......If that were me......I would be saying.....Abraham you get.........over here now......and get me out of this place.........

But Her Faith was in God........not Abraham.......and she trusted the Lord to deliver her.........Any way I would like to come to the place.....That no matter what ever happens.......My Faith is in God........Not man....

Knowing that Nothing is impossible with our Heavenly Father God.......and He honors our Faith........when we Trust Him......

12.......For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous.....and His ears are Open unto their Prayers;

but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil......

Another Scripture.....that is important if you are married to a non-believer.

I Corth 7:14.......For the unbelieving husband is Sanctified by the wife....

and the unbelieving wife is Sanctified by the husband:

else were your children unclean.......But Now are They HOLY........

Great scripture.......

Be Patient and Keep on Believing.......Your mates will be Saved.......

bb
Mrs. B

Postby CarolinaCJ on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:08 pm

I somehow missed this thread, but I'm glad to have found it now. Here's something I posted recently on another thread that describes my situation...
On the other hand, my husband was saved at youth camp as a teenager. I thought I married a Christian because he said he was. (I wasn't mature enough -- or maybe I just wanted to deny that there was no fruit in his life or mine). I didn't know him as a teenager, but I've known him since college and there are no signs that would lead me to believe that he is a Christian. He doesn't read his Bible, he goes to church on Sunday mornings to make me happy but doesn't go if I'm out of town, he pretty much refuses to get involved as a couple in any Bible study groups, and has involved himself in things over the years that are completely out of the will of God. I pray for God to draw him back to Himself, but I worry that my husband has convinced himself that he's just fine. I heard someone say once that Pharoah hardened his heart 9 times, and then God hardened his heart the final, tragic time.....and it would break my heart to have this happen to my husband. Plus it sends such a wrong message to my girls about what true faith is....and I'm not sure how to handle that.

We've been married 21 years, and our marriage is ok at best. He is a good guy, but very independent. He doesn't need anyone or anything....he is self sufficient and proud of it. That is one thing that I think keeps him from surrendering his life completely to Christ. That would mean that he wasn't in charge. He doesn't try to control anyone else, but he is adamantly, firmly, stubbornly entrenched in controlling his own life. Since I'm not very controlling either, we both tend to go our separate ways and "do our own thing". Kind of like having a roommate. I know that's not what God wants for us, but no amount of talking has ever seemed to help. I do love him, but many times I have to pray that I will see him as Jesus does, because I have become very apathetic.

This is a great forum, thanks for all the sharing and openness.
cj

----------------------------------
CarolinaCJ

A Miracle......

Postby Mrs. B on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:52 pm

This is about an impossible situation......

My sister and her husband were married and had a little girl........After about three years they divorced........My sister was very un-happy and very lonely.......Her husband went back into the Navy......and was on a carrier in Viet Nam.........

I told Her I was praying that she and her husband would get back together.....She said......It is impossible.......it willl never happen....they were divorced for three years.........and my sister was very sad and lonely.......

I kept praying and would tell her......I'm believing you are going to get back together.......And I kept believing.....even though it seemed impossible......

Now......a very bad thing happened......Her husband's brother, wife, daughter and husband....and a small child were in a head on crash....and all five of the family were killed.....on Mothers Day ........It was very sad....My sisters xhusband was flown off the carrier home for the funerals.......They both were there and in three days were re married....

My mother called and said......you want believe this but......L and B have married and are headed to your house........(we at that time lived in San Diego, Ca.......) So what seem impossible.......Became a Miracle....They lived together unto they both died.......God is a God who answers prayer.....what seems impossible is possible with Him......

Only Believe......Keep on Believing

bb
Mrs. B

Postby Sozoed on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:28 pm

Mrs.B, I havent' thanked you for your posts yet. Thank you! I love reading the Word in relation to the need posted, and you do that so very well. The Word of God is living and powerful!!(heb.4:12)

Okay, I have a question for all my unequally yoked sisters/brothers on this thread:
My hubby likes to watch movies, and he likes me watching with him. Most of the time he chooses icky unrated(which is soft porn) sexual comedies like '40yr. old virgin' and ' Wedding Crashers'.
Most of the time I ask him what he's gotten from the video store, and when he tells me, I say "ummm, you know how I feel about this stuff. No thanks."
But the whole thing is wearing me down! I feel I can't keep saying this time after time to him. He has gotten offended more than once over this, and i hate the feeling of resentment in our home.
I have gone with him and tried to choose movies tha t I like (very few of them I do like, in all honesty!)
Sometimes this works...other times he says he doesn't want to watch it, so I don't rent it.
This is so frustrating to me because I want to remove myself from sin completely and totally and I feel forced into this junk because of keeping my marriage free from anger and resentment.
Help!
Any ideas out there?
Sozoed

Postby Downpour on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:52 pm

I have been away, and want to tell everyone, that I am still praying for all of you!! Like Mrs. B. post clearly shows, miracles do happen. Just never give up!! God is on your side!! :grin:
Downpour

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:26 pm

KnightOfTheLord wrote: As a bit of encouragement to you all, I would like to urge you to continue to pray for your loved ones even though at times, it can seem quite pointless, and that nothng is happening.
I hated anything to do with Christianity, and would treat it like a sport to attack Christians and would give them such a hard time for being so stupid for believing in an invisible fairytale God.
Through dedicated prayer and the good witness of many Christian people that I attacked, and through the mercy of the most gracious and forgiving God, my eyes were opened to the truth.
Prayer does work for even the hardest of hearts. Keep praying for your loved ones. Even though it may not seem like anything is happening, we must not underestimate the power of God.

God Bless
Mike.

p.s. Could you all give the first names of your Husbands and wives that you would like prayer for, as a first name makes it easier for me to pray for someone.
Thanks heaps!

Dear Mike,
I so needed that encouragement! I have just returned from my camping trip and it was wonderful and horrible all at the same time. Let's just say that you are a direct answer to my prayers to be RELEASED from this marriage!!! Although that direct answer is NO.

Bless you for posting here and welcome!!! I look forward to hearing your perspective being on the other side of the gender fence.

UGH!

Without going into what today has been like - I would just be venting - I need specific prayer for my husband's peace and my trust in God. Not for trust - but specifically to strengthen my resolve to follow God's will in this marriage, which I know is to be married to my man. Although today I am wishing not to be. It sure would be nice if the rapture would come right now.

Please also pray for my nature to covet the idea of a husband who would be better than the one I got now! I know these thoughts have got to go. I love my man but right now I am just D-U-N, done.

done.done.done.done.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:41 pm

Sozoed wrote:Mrs.B, I havent' thanked you for your posts yet. Thank you! I love reading the Word in relation to the need posted, and you do that so very well. The Word of God is living and powerful!!(heb.4:12)

Okay, I have a question for all my unequally yoked sisters/brothers on this thread:
My hubby likes to watch movies, and he likes me watching with him. Most of the time he chooses icky unrated(which is soft porn) sexual comedies like '40yr. old virgin' and ' Wedding Crashers'.
Most of the time I ask him what he's gotten from the video store, and when he tells me, I say "ummm, you know how I feel about this stuff. No thanks."
But the whole thing is wearing me down! I feel I can't keep saying this time after time to him. He has gotten offended more than once over this, and i hate the feeling of resentment in our home.
I have gone with him and tried to choose movies tha t I like (very few of them I do like, in all honesty!)
Sometimes this works...other times he says he doesn't want to watch it, so I don't rent it.
This is so frustrating to me because I want to remove myself from sin completely and totally and I feel forced into this junk because of keeping my marriage free from anger and resentment.
Help!
Any ideas out there?

Before I was saved I would watch South Park and a number of other shows with Mike. Now, when he watches them I grab my Bible and read during the show sometimes out of the room sometimes in the room.

Your man is the same as mine with movie choices. I happen to love action movies and have found middle ground with him in these areas. War movies, true stories we can watch together. Living in a small town our entertainment is rented movies.

Arguing with him about the movies will not work. It's like reprimanding a teen - they will just be more resolved to do it. I didn't watch 40 yr. virgin but I did end up watching wedding crashers.

My heart cried when I read this - because that is exactly where I was this past week. Torn.

:cry:

Okay - so let's find the JOY in all this.....

When you have to pray BEFORE you rent a movie -
you know God is going to do something BIG in your life! LOL!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Sozoed on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Kina, I'm with you girl!
Kina wrote:
My heart cried when I read this - because that is exactly where I was this past week. Torn.

Okay - so let's find the JOY in all this.....

When you have to pray BEFORE you rent a movie -
you know God is going to do something BIG in your life! LOL!"
--------------------------------------------
That's right!!! We desire with ALL our hearts to be pleasing tothe Lord, and yet we have to deal with this 'junk'.
There are so many things I would change if I lived alone...trash all the ungodly movies and CD's...unsubscribe to nearly all the satellite stations...budget differently, save differently...pray out loud before meals...have family Bible studies...
The list goes on.

But! I am meant to be with my hubby, and dearly love him...just can't stomach the sin.
The Lord is helping me to live and worship in this environment, and I know He honors my prayers, and has tremendous mercy over me and the kids.
Sozoed

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:16 pm

Sozoed,

Same sitch you and I - I use my Ipod alot during the day to listen to Christian music that builds me up in the Lord. It helps.

BTW - you all were on my hearts this past few days, but especially last night - not sure the time as I was star gazing and praying in the middle of the woods. Between 11 and midnight maybe and just felt so driven to cry out for all of us here. And I saw an amazing light fly across the sky that wasn't a shooting star or a satellite. For a brief second - I thought. WOO HOO!! Here comes Jesus!

sigh.

I feel like God is leading me to "get ready" - and it was like the vacation with the kids and Mike went so well in the secular way - like it was my last vaca with them. Weird and hard to explain.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 am

Sorry I haven't contributed more...Glad your back ok, Kina!

About movies...We rent movies from netflix...We can shop online, read reviews, make a list, or "que". I love it cause we know exactly what we are getting, and don't have to spend half an hour at the video store, looking at the scantily dressed girls or half dead "things" on all the covers of the dvds! So, we get three movies at a time...we keep them as long as we want, then send them back for free in their little envelope. As soon as netflix recieves a movie back from us, they send the next one on our list.

Maybe, this could help out...if you sit down and pick a bunch of movies you can both live with, together, then they will just send them out. You won't have to worry what he'll bring home...the movies just come. It may save some you some headache? The list can be up to 25 titles...

Its funny/sad...that when the Holy Spirit is working on a spouse, it can make things tougher. :( They are being convicted...they know what they are doing is not right...they dig in their heels...And yet, salvation is what is needed. I probably am guilty of not making enough stands, to keep the peace. I need to really examine myself, and see if I am compromising too much...

It's so hard when the one you love, doesn't share the love you have for God! But know, that God sees your struggles, and that you are doing what you're doing, as unto the Lord. Not unto your husband...I hope that makes sense, I am up too late! :cheeky:
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:37 pm

James 3:17
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Wisdom from Heaven
Pure
Peace-Loving
Considerate
Submissive
Full of Mercy
Good Fruit
Impartial
Sincere

What does this particular scripture say to you and how you will interact with your unbelieving spouse? :answerthequestion:

When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior :a3: one of my first prayers was for wisdom! I figured if Solomon had received all he had because God liked that he asked for wisdom I better ask for wisdom! :lol: LOL! I was a baby, okay!

Now I know the difference in my heart. I really want to have the wisdom that comes from heaven, not from this world, and sometimes that wisdom means that even though I know I am wiser in the areas of the Lord than my husband, I must Submit...
Sometimes I have to say sorry even though it wasn't my fault to initiate the PEACE.
A lot of the time I need to be considerate and full of mercy and impartial....even though I KNOW my spouse has made a bad decision.
And, guess what, I gotta be sincere when I do it!

Just thought I'd drop a line to send you all my love and prayers.

I would also like to say a shout out to anyone reading on the sidelines! your prayers mean the world to us U.Y.S.C's -

Is that prounounced Ewie-sicks or You.Why.Sees....Ooooh I like You.Why.Sees...

it's like You are the reason they will SEE!!! :banana:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Sozoed on Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey Sparkly!! thanks for the great idea on Netflix! I joined after i checked it out and rented a few movies for the kids and for hubby and me(Romance/adventure mixture). This may make a difference ! Thanks again..I'll let you all know if this eases things at home a bit. (((hugs))))
~Lauren
Sozoed

Postby sparkly on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am

Kina, those are some very wise words!

Lauren, I hope Netflix does the trick for you!
sparkly

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:49 pm

Hi Saints....I need prayer big time right now. The proverbial poop has hit the rotating blades in my house, our finances are at zero, my husband is ballastic and I'm applying for work for the first time in three years after selling my business to move here to save my marriage cause God said so to get Mike's business off the ground, and now I might lose my house because of the decisions I stepped aside to allow my husband to make....

I love my house....my property...

BIG BREATH....

I have faith that God is going to do a work here, I know it's all for my good...but I am feeling spirtually and emotionally weakened right now.I can't stop crying.

Pray for God's will in all of this, and just to cover my girls through this intensely stress filled environment. I applied for a job today as a Regional Manager. Please pray that I take the job God wants me to have if I must get a job in the first place....man...I really wanted to stay home with my girls. This was a first for me

So...please pray.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Next

Return to Family Room