Obama speaking on Christianity and Gov't.

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Obama speaking on Christianity and Gov't.

Postby JABova on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

This video on God Tube reveals all I need to know about our president elect (it may have already been posted, I'm generally quite a bit behind the times).

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=146ff5f4d21681bb49ff

I am praying that the Lord will be merciful to the United States.

-Joe
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:11-12 (KJV)
JABova

Re: Obama speaking on Christianity and Gov't.

Postby kyle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I thought GodTube was supposed to be a Christian place. So why did the guy that posted that video say "The more I watch this video the more I like the man." And if you click on his "other videos," he has a bunch of evolution propaganda and discrediting creationism, etc.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby mouserpg on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:19 am

kyle wrote:I thought GodTube was supposed to be a Christian place. So why did the guy that posted that video say "The more I watch this video the more I like the man." And if you click on his "other videos," he has a bunch of evolution propaganda and discrediting creationism, etc.

You'll find those people almost everywhere. They are trying to turn people away from God. I'm often in Jesus chat rooms, and there are a lot of atheists who go there. They also visit a lot of Christian boards.
Isaiah 55:6-7 wrote:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
mouserpg

Postby kyle on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 am

mouserpg wrote:
kyle wrote:I thought GodTube was supposed to be a Christian place. So why did the guy that posted that video say "The more I watch this video the more I like the man." And if you click on his "other videos," he has a bunch of evolution propaganda and discrediting creationism, etc.

You'll find those people almost everywhere. They are trying to turn people away from God. I'm often in Jesus chat rooms, and there are a lot of atheists who go there. They also visit a lot of Christian boards.

Was it Jonathan Edwards that had a couple hecklers that followed him around everywhere and one of them got saved? Or am I thinking of someone else? Regardless, we should pray for them. :)

I was mostly wondering if GodTube had editorial standards or not for things placed on the site.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby JABova on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:55 pm

There are a number of Atheists on God Tube that post regularly, both propaganda and comments. I believe that many end up there because of links from other folk, but those that stay are a curiosity. God Tube does not seem to sensor anti-Christian anything, but does sensor foul or suggestive language.

I have had on going conversations with both the individual that posted this particular video as well as a few of the other atheists and many of them, while well educated, are not independent systematic thinkers, they just follow the crowd and seem to believe that what they are taught is truth be cause it is taught in our universities. What they don't even understand is that most of our universities were founded by Christian bodies for the advancement of man's understanding of God's created world, but that those institutions have since been hijacked by the satanic lies of evolution and other "bad" science.

The real irony is that so many educated people do not see through the lies and gross misrepresentations. For example, it is clear from this video that BHO is using the Bible as a tool to propagate misinformation about the true nature of Christianity (assuming that he even understands it himself) and God's wisdom as contained in His Word. One would think that those who pride themselves on being so well educated would understand what the Bible says since they are so certain that it is wrong. But they don't even know what it says!

-Joe
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:11-12 (KJV)
JABova

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008