Obama Invents "Office of the President Elect"

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Obama Invents "Office of the President Elect"

Postby FreeInHim on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Obama Invents 'Office of the President-Elect'

Monday, November 10, 2008 12:54 PM
By: Jim Meyers

Barack Obama has created a stir by proclaiming that he heads “The Office of President-Elect” — an office that does not officially exist.

At his first news conference on Nov. 7, Obama stood at a podium bearing a sign that read: “Office of the President-Elect. Also, his Web site, Change.gov, bears the words “Office of the President-Elect” at the top of its home page.

Writer Larry Anderson referred to the “made-up little title” on the American Thinker Web site, and declared: “I nearly busted a gut ...

“Once again, [Obama] can’t wait to invest himself with the trappings of office.”

Conservative columnist Michelle Malkin wondered: “What other make-believe offices are they going to invent between now and Inauguration Day? I can’t ever recall in my lifetime any mention of such an office.”

Technically speaking, Obama may not even be the President-elect, according to the American Sentinel Web site.

“Megalomaniac Obama’s ego grows even more insufferable,” a weekend posting reads.

“Yes, he will be [president-elect]. But he’s not officially yet, until the Electoral College votes.

“The Constitution provides that on the Monday after the second Wednesday in December, electors convene in their respective state capitals. It’s then that they formally elect the President of the United States, based on the general election results.”

The Nov. 7 news conference did not mark the first time Obama has created controversy with a podium.

Back in June, he spoke at a podium bearing a new seal that altered the official presidential seal.

The seal did include the American bald eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, but the Latin phrase “E Pluribus Unum” was changed to “Vero Possumus,” a rough translation of the Obama campaign slogan, “Yes we can.”

Obama’s seal also removed the shield over the eagle’s breast, representing the president’s oath to defend the Constitution, and replaced it with the letter “O,” presumably for Obama, and the image of the rising sun.

Link To Article
FreeInHim

Re: Obama Invents "Office of the President Elect"

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:16 pm

He can hardly wait...
Salty Skipper

Postby c.alt on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 am

I cannot even imagine this guy giving up his office in 4 or 8 years. It would be like a defeat to him. He is extremely arrogant and if were not outta here by time for him to leave office it will be interesting to see how he reacts.
c.alt

Postby gridlost on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 am

deleted
Last edited by gridlost on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
gridlost

Postby crmann on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 am

gridlost wrote:c.alt,

I agree, but for me it is more a question of how we will react. What else do we need before we serve our King without hesitation? Do we need Obama to wear a button proclaiming himself to be God? Do we need to see the laws enacted that will begin the persecution of the church? How many more media references do we need stating that Obama is enlightend beyond the average human or inuendos to his messianic qualities.

For me, the time is now. I don't need to see anything else. I don't need any more clues. I don't need any more YouTube soundbites. With joy, without fear, and with a heavy burden I know that the time is now.

Does this remind anyone else, besides me, of how much Obama fits the biblcal descriptions of final antichrist?

Considering how he is presenting himself now, I hesitate to think what he will be like as president.

YBIC,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby T-Minus? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:31 pm

:grin: Having been an election watcher since the early 60's, I have never seen anybody with a podium sign "office of the President elect". Me thinks in spite of our observation of his arrogance, we are still underestimating it! Maranatha!
T-Minus?

Postby crmann on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 pm

T-Minus? wrote:Me thinks in spite of our observation of his arrogance, we are still underestimating it! Maranatha!

I'm with you on this, T-Minus...
crmann

Postby FreeInHim on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:12 pm

c.alt wrote:I cannot even imagine this guy giving up his office in 4 or 8 years. It would be like a defeat to him. He is extremely arrogant and if were not outta here by time for him to leave office it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

You know, it could go one of two ways. Anyone aware that NYC Mayor Bloomberg has decided to run for a third term, despite the fact that New Yorkers voted twice in 1990's referendums to limit mayoral terms to two? Interesting to note is that back then Bloomberg himself believed in that same term limit. Now, however, Bloomberg feels it's in the city's best interests if he serves another term. Incredibly, few are fighting his decision!

Did you know that during Bush's term, I believe back in '06, a law amending the two-year term limit of the Presidency was attempted? It was recommended that the term be indefinite. It's very easy to envision this same attempt becoming a success under the reign of BHO.

OR another scenario could play out, such as at the end of his term an even bigger role is offered to him by the global elite, as the new "World Leader" of a newly formed World Government.
FreeInHim

Postby crmann on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

FreeInHim wrote:You know, it could go one of two ways. Anyone aware that NYC Mayor Bloomberg has decided to run for a third term, despite the fact that New Yorkers voted twice in 1990's referendums to limit mayoral terms to two? Interesting to note is that back then Bloomberg himself believed in that same term limit. Now, however, Bloomberg feels it's in the city's best interests if he serves another term. Incredibly, few are fighting his decision!

Did you know that during Bush's term, I believe back in '06, a law amending the two-year term limit of the Presidency was attempted? It was recommended that the term be indefinite. It's very easy to envision this same attempt becoming a success under the reign of BHO.

OR another scenario could play out, such as at the end of his term an even bigger role is offered to him by the global elite, as the new "World Leader" of a newly formed World Government.

You've been doing some in-depth thinking, FreeInHim.... You may be on to something.

Blessings,
The Old Timer
crmann

Postby Swayde on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:34 am

T-Minus? wrote::grin: Having been an election watcher since the early 60's, I have never seen anybody with a podium sign "office of the President elect". Me thinks in spite of our observation of his arrogance, we are still underestimating it! Maranatha!

I agree. I think for most of us, it is simply not possible to fathom the pride and arrogance of some people.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 am

...and then there's the subtle change in wording from the traditional "transition OF power" to the Obama-ego-centric "transistion TO power"...as if President Bush is now irrelevant. How arrogant! How galling!

Want to know something else? Last night at our Bible study, a lady said she read somewhere that Obama is considering Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson for the "office" of President's Pastor. This would be the very same Gene Robinson who LEFT his wife and children to "come out" as a gay man, did a gay "marriage" to another man, and then got ORDAINED as a Bishop in the Episcopal Church (which was the last straw for many of us who have LEFT that church!)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 100064.ece

Apparently, Obama feels a kinship with poor Gene Robinson, asking him what it felt like to be a "first"...first actively, "out" homosexual Bishop.

Yeah, folks, it's rapidly getting worse!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Wh2oW said,
Apparently, Obama feels a kinship with poor Gene Robinson, asking him what it felt like to be a "first"...first actively, "out" homosexual Bishop.

Makes me wonder about the rumor that went around about Obama before he declared his Presidency. Since it was an allegation and never proven, I won`t post it here. But I did see it on TV.

Did anyone see this yesterday, live ? It was so staged. It`s exactly how you see Bush after private meetings with foreign leaders. Sitting in arm chairs. What a master of manipulation and stage craft. notice tthat this is on a stage, not Obama`s transition office. They posed here after the meeting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/us/politics/18transition.html?em
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Burien1 wrote:Did anyone see this yesterday, live ? It was so staged. It`s exactly how you see Bush after private meetings with foreign leaders. Sitting in arm chairs. What a master of manipulation and stage craft. notice tthat this is on a stage, not Obama`s transition office. They posed here after the meeting.

You're right, Burien! And remember Ronald Reagan's frequent "Fireside chats?" Anyone want to take a guess at how many grotesque imitations of those will be foisted on the public from BHO?

Bishop Robinson wrote:He (Obama) and I would agree about the rightful place of religion vis-a-vis the secular state. That is to say, we don’t impose our religious values on the secular state because God said so. Our faith informs our own values and then we take those values into the civil market place, the civil discourse, and then you argue for them based on the Constitution. You don’t say to someone, you must believe this because this is what God believes.

:doh:
FreeInHim

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008