Do not take the name of your god in vain

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Do not take the name of your god in vain

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 pm

First off, yes that was a small "g" on purpose and yes I left out "the LORD" on purpose because this is a different god that people don't want his name being taken in vain.

http://rawstory.com/rawreplay/?p=2388
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Re: Do not take the name of your god in vain

Postby burien1 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm

Kyle,
I took the story to mean the bus driver and the coach told the children that they didn`t want to hear the name Obama anymore. I don`t think they were holding the name in reverence at all.[ They were probably sick of hearing it. ] IMHO
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Re: Do not take the name of your god in vain

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:51 pm

burien1 wrote:Kyle,
I took the story to mean the bus driver and the coach told the children that they didn`t want to hear the name Obama anymore. I don`t think they were holding the name in reverence at all.[ They were probably sick of hearing it. ] IMHO

Ah.

I didn't actually realize the video, just saw the printed story and it was just weird. Now after watching the video, yeah, it looks like you're definitely right.

Still weird though, just in a different way.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008