Teacher belittles soldier`s child who supports McCain

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Teacher belittles soldier`s child who supports McCain

Postby burien1 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvqmY1eM-s

This lady really shows her ignorance. I wouldn`t want her teaching my child. It`s alright to give your opinions to other adults, but don`t force feed them onto students.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Re: Teacher belittles soldier`s child who supports McCain

Postby c.alt on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:35 am

This is an outrage!!! This lady should lose her job. She is belittling and intimidating kids. I wanted to cry for that one girl!! It is hard enough at that age to be made fun of by other kids for silly stuff but for a teacher to do it?!! I would have a lawsuit!! And my child would never return to that school. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
c.alt

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am

I think the soldier's Commander-in-Chief ought to see to it the woman is fired, since the soldier is busy defending us.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Words fail me.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby noble1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm

They had this "child vote" thing at my son's middle school too. He's in 6th grade now and he told me that the students in his grade and perhaps the older kids as well (7th and 8th grades) were having shouting matches between who was better. This really upset me so I had to have a discussion (which is all fine and well since I was able to turn it into a Bible study for my son) about end-times and basically that we would be seeing more of this as we draw closer to BO actually taking office.

The girl in the video looked like she was in 5th or 6th grade. When I was 10 or even 11 years old I was not able to "hold my own" against a teacher who was passionate about her beliefs. Honestly, this is uncalled for -- to verbally back a child into a corner because she couldn't defend her choice as easily as another. Outrageous!!

Now, if you'd have put this teacher against another adult who was as passionate about their beliefs in say the opposing candidate then you'd have had a pretty good match. This type of bullying disgusts me! :banned:

At least the guy going around videotaping Obama supporters prior to the election just asked for their opinion as to why they supported Obama. Neither did he interject his own opinion nor did he try to belittle anyone for their choice!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Postby kyle on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 pm

noble1 wrote:The girl in the video looked like she was in 5th or 6th grade. When I was 10 or even 11 years old I was not able to "hold my own" against a teacher who was passionate about her beliefs. Honestly, this is uncalled for -- to verbally back a child into a corner because she couldn't defend her choice as easily as another. Outrageous!!

And what made it even worse to me was that one of the other students in the class stated that he supported Obama and when asked why he said it was because he was black. I'm sorry, but that bugs me to no end. I've said it before and I'll say it again - how is that any different than the redneck in West Virginia who voted for McCain just because he didn't want a black man to be president? It isn't different, they're both racist and stupid.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby noble1 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 am

You're absolutely right...there is no difference, its racism plain and simple!

Of course you know many of the colored folk in the US did vote for BO just because he is black. They did not know his true agenda or they would have been informed, educated and not just a pawn in history being made.

BUT, you all know that God allowed this to happen and it just confirms to those who believe that Jesus is coming soon...and instead of it being a whisper upon our hearts this time its a FULL OUT SHOUTING BLAST to wake up the many who have fallen asleep!!

Stand guard saints...its going to be a bumpy ride! :armor:

P.S. My brother-in-law who usually mocked my husband (his brother) for all that he stands for (Jesus) has recently mentioned to my hubby that he even realizes that things are changing rapidly and that he needs to make some radical changes in his life. Please pray that he gives his life to the Lord! His name is Brian. Thanks!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008