Thoughts About the 2008 Election - Dr. David R. Reagan

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Thoughts About the 2008 Election - Dr. David R. Reagan

Postby Final Trumpet on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Our nation has just elected the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-Capitalist, and anti-Israel president in our history. In short, God has given us the kind of leader that we deserve — the kind we have been begging for. The new President now has the power to put his radical secular imprint upon this nation for decades to come through the appointment of activist liberals to the Supreme Court. I fear that our nation has been irrevocably changed for the worse.

Two factors in this election were particularly disappointing to me. First was the fact that only 59% of eligible voters bothered to vote. That was less than in the last presidential election. How could people be so apathetic in an election so important? The second voting statistic that hit me hard was the revelation that even among self-identified Evangelicals, the majority voted according to economic considerations rather than moral ones.

The financial woes of our nation are not going to be solved by any economic strategy, for they are rooted in our spiritual rebellion against God. We cannot kill babies in their mother's wombs, promote same-sex marriage, produce filthy movies and TV programs, worship the dollar, and pressure Israel to give up its heartland, and expect God to bless our economy. Our economy will be healed only when we as a nation get right with God.

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles.php
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Re: Thoughts About the 2008 Election - Dr. David R. Reagan

Postby kyle on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Thank you for posting that link. That was a very good article.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008