Are you glad this election is finally over?

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Are you glad this election is finally over?

Postby phobos on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 am

Me Too!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :clap: :fightfish: :clap:
--Tim
phobos

Re: Are you glad this election is finally over?

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 am

I get the feeling it won't be over for another few weeks or months. Remember Bush/Gore in 2000? It wasn't settled until December by the Supreme court and we all watched and got sucked in to all the drama just trying to get finality to the whole thing. It could easily happen again, even if Obama gets a landslide victory, we could see something come of the appeal to the Supreme Court by Phil Berg about Obama's birthplace and his legitimacy to run for president.

Sure it would be nice to know tonight, but thats not how things go these days. Too much money has been spent by both parties and I don't see either of them conceding quickly. Soon we'll know for sure...
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby Kathe on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 am

I have a feeling it won't be over for awhile unless God makes McCain win by a large margin. If not it could go on for weeks and weeks. I pray to Him that should McCain win that it be by a big enough margin that there is no question so we can all put this behind us.
Kathe

Postby burien1 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:06 am

At least all the campaigning is done. I was so sick of seeing it on the News every day for the last two years. We get a two year break. :banana: That is, if there is ever another presidential election. :eek:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Exit40 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 am

Yes, the campaign is finally over. No more automated phone calls, junk mail, etc.

God Bless

David
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 am

It ain't over yet...

:clock: :clock: :clock:

We've unplugged the phones for today.

But yes, I WILL be glad when I don't have to see, hear or smell any more political advertisements!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kyle on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:18 pm

It's not over until I stop getting phone calls about it. Just a little bit ago, I hung up on a phone call from John McCain. :lol:
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby thundr on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:45 pm

burien1 wrote:That is, if there is ever another presidential election.

This will be the last one I believe. No reason to have a president when you have a world leader who runs everything.
thundr

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Exit40 wrote:Yes, the campaign is finally over. No more automated phone calls, junk mail, etc.

God Bless

David

Yeeeesssss.....wow, have felt literally under assault with all the Obama ads over the past few months. Probably would've felt the same way about McCain ads, too, but he didn't have the same resources to assault us with.
FreeInHim

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Looks like Obama is going to win a landslide by the early projections. I wonder what the supreme court is going to do with that Phil Berg lawsuit about Obama's legitimacy as a presidential candidate because he cannot prove he was born here in the US.
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008