Republican Election Board Workers Thrown Out In Philly...

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Republican Election Board Workers Thrown Out In Philly...

Postby FamilyMan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:45 am

Tuesday, November 04, 2008
A Repeat of 2004 Philly Voter Chaos, Fraud

GOP Election Board members have been tossed out of polling stations in at least half a dozen polling stations in Philadelphia because of their party status.

A Pennsylvania judge previously ruled that court-appointed poll watchers could be NOT removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, but that is exactly what is happening, according to sources on the ground.

It is the duty of election board workers to monitor and guard the integrity of the voting process.

Denying access to the minority (in this case Republican) poll watchers and inspectors is a violation of Pennsylvania state law. Those who violate the law can be punished with a misdemeanor and subjected to a fine of $1,000 and sent to prison between one month and two years.

Those on site are describing the situation as "pandemonium" and there may be video coming of the chaos.

Some of the precincts where Republicans have been removed are: the 44th Ward, 12th and 13th divisions; 6th Ward, 12th division; 32nd Ward, Division 28.

“Election board officials guard the legitimacy of the election process and the idea that Republicans are being intimidated and banned for partisan purposes does not allow for an honest and open election process,” said McCain-Palin spokesman Ben Porritt in a statement to Townhall.

The City of Brotherly Love was roiled in controversy during the 2004 election because of rigged voting machines that showed nearly 2,000 votes for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry before the polls had opened. A man also used a gun to intimidate poll workers at Ward 30, division 11 in 2004.

Update: Fox News just did a report about the controversy. The Democrats are saying that the polling station is crowded and election board members need to cycle through the areas intermittently.
LINK

Image Image Image
FamilyMan

Re: Republican Election Board Workers Thrown Out In Philly...

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 am

Here we go again... such an honest and fool-proof voting system we have here in the 21st century...
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby OBXBob on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 am

Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely...regardless of the Century...
OBXBob

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am

Absolutely!
And we have Batman voting this year, along with Superman, dead people, out-of-state residents (especially in Ohio), invisible twin brothers, and a host of other illegitimate ballot-casters, but for some reason those military votes don't get counted.

Oh the suspense...
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am

savedbygrace wrote:Absolutely!
And we have Batman voting this year, along with Superman, dead people, out-of-state residents (especially in Ohio), invisible twin brothers, and a host of other illegitimate ballot-casters, but for some reason those military votes don't get counted.

Oh the suspense...

Saw a pic on the Memphis news site yesterday where a person was pointing to a computer screen and the date of birth read something or another, 1863. :roll:
Salty Skipper

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 am

I just saw the news about two Black Panthers outside of a polling place in Philly intimidating voters, one had a night stick in hand, and said they better be careful because a black man is going to be president and they are tired of white supremacy. The police were called and removed the black man with the nightstick, but there have been other Black Panthers at the polling place as well watching the voters.
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby Swayde on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01 am

Well thank God the polling place I go to is a sweet little Baptist church and most of the voters in my precinct are friendly elderly people, especially at 10am =) I had no trouble at all and everyone was nice and friendly and helpful and they were all so glad to see my home schooled son with me on a "field trip" to learn about the election and voting process.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby kyle on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

mark s wrote:
savedbygrace wrote:I just saw the news about two Black Panthers outside of a polling place in Philly intimidating voters, one had a night stick in hand, and said they better be careful because a black man is going to be president and they are tired of white supremacy. The police were called and removed the black man with the nightstick, but there have been other Black Panthers at the polling place as well watching the voters.

Maybe hired by the Republicans!

Yeah, I saw that and my first thought was that it might make more people want to vote for McCain if this is the support that Obama gets.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby jesusistheway on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 pm

My uncle is a police officer in the 15th district in Philly and told my mom that they were preparing for the worst possible scenerio. Which is normal. But having grown up in Philly. I know what it is like there. It is a union/democrat city. Even though the dems have taxed most large companies out of there. Jack Frost sugar, Technitrol to name a few. The unions in Philadelphia are not as intimidating as they used to be but they still hold the reigns there.YBIC, Ron
I believe!!
jesusistheway

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Just saw the news that there are thousands of military absentee ballots in Virginia which are coming in late and the McCain camp claims its because they were not mailed out in time (by Sept 20th) to be returned promptly before the election. McCain's attorneys have just filed suit in court and the ruling has already been handed out, that the ballots must be preserved...

Here we go again...
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:41 pm

I didn`t see the Black Panther story on any network last evening, except for Fox. I`m surprised this is still on youtube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

They call themselves "security." It`s a disgrace that this was allowed to happen in this country and it wasn`t even reported on.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:16 pm

savedbygrace wrote:I just saw the news about two Black Panthers outside of a polling place in Philly intimidating voters, one had a night stick in hand, and said they better be careful because a black man is going to be president and they are tired of white supremacy. The police were called and removed the black man with the nightstick, but there have been other Black Panthers at the polling place as well watching the voters.

They'll probably get hired as the new Secret Service.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Sue-M on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Swayde wrote:Well thank God the polling place I go to is a sweet little Baptist church and most of the voters in my precinct are friendly elderly people, especially at 10am =) I had no trouble at all and everyone was nice and friendly and helpful and they were all so glad to see my home schooled son with me on a "field trip" to learn about the election and voting process.

Awwww, so cute!
Luke 21:28

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Sue-M

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008