Possible Scenario...?

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Possible Scenario...?

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 pm

If Obama wins the election tomorrow,

Only to have the Supreme Court find within the next two months, that he is ineligible to take office...

What do you think would happen from that point?
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Re: Possible Scenario...?

Postby kyle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Good question. If he already took office, I guess he would have to resign and Biden would take over. But if it was before he took office, I'm not sure what the legalities are.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby azbeliever on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 pm

daffodyllady wrote:If Obama wins the election tomorrow,

Only to have the Supreme Court find within the next two months, that he is ineligible to take office...

What do you think would happen from that point?

The logical thing to me would be making McCain president. He would win the majority of votes for the eligible candidates. Don't know if it legal, but it makes sense.
azbeliever

Postby El Gallo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 pm

I suspect the Supreme Court would find the elections "void ab initio", and McCain would be elected. But, frankly, these people are using Bolshevik tactics. I believe they will move quickly to overwhelm all opposition.
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby Swayde on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 am

Locally we had a man running for office, he died shortly before the election. The party replaced him with their next choice for the office, but it was too late to replace the dead man's name on the ballots. The dead man won and the man their party selected as a replacement got the job. So, if the Supreme Court did find Obama unqualified to run as president, then I'd assume Clinton would get the honor to be his replacement, however, if he was already sworn in, then I do believe Biden would take over.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 am

To answer the original question...big, ugly riots!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby mela on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:43 am

I think the Supreme Courts findings will be sealed. Talk about an \'inconvenient truth\'!
mela
Supporting Member

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008