Awesome new movie coming out.........Facing the Giants

Moderator: nonymouse

Awesome new movie coming out.........Facing the Giants

Postby EWU on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:51 pm

On Sept 29th, there's a new christian based movie premiering called "Facing the Giants". Go to http://www.facingthegiants.com, & watch the trailer, read the story line. I'd also encourage you to read up on Sherwood Baptist, the church that has it's own production company thats produced another movie I recommend, http://www.flywheelthemovie.com.

Facing the Giants is about a high school football coach thats had 3 losing seasons, & looking at a 4th. Since losing some key players, it's getting worse. So the players fathers have a secret meeting trying to get rid of him. The coach has "giants" he's facing at home as well, as his wife is having trouble conceiving a baby.

It's an incredible movie. For anyone that checks out the site, if it strikes a cord in you, simply help spread the word to local christian media outlets, churches, etc.
You can also watch a private previewing of it if interested. All this info is on the website. If you'd like some promotional material, you can e-mail me at jeffreysmith@triad.rr.com.
Are you tired of being afraid? of the giants beating down on you?
:armor:

Jeff
EWU

Postby Be still on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 am

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. It was very uplifting! Loved it.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Britbloke on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:36 pm

I agree. Amazing that they shot it for so little money and that outside of 5 technical people, everyone (including all the actors) were not professionals. A remarkable achievement - one of the better Christian movies out there.
Britbloke
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:57 pm

Hmmmm. :ummm: It must have come late to the rest of the world, because we rented the DVD several months ago.

It was awesome! I hate football--think it's the most boring game in the world next to soccer (please don't hit me! I'm just not really into sports! :bag: Unless you count hydroplane racing and equine sports), and yet, I loved this movie! I guess because it wasn't about football--football was just the vehicle. We have--oh, maybe a grand total of 4 DVD's that we actually own, because there are so few movies that we'd want to see more than once or twice, but we are going to buy this one!
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby Britbloke on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:12 am

The first film they made (for about $20,000) is also quite engaging - it's called Flywheel - and it has a great message that the film makers get over very well despite spending less on the movie than Tom Cruise spends on his shoe lifts!
Britbloke
Supporting Member

Postby Be still on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 am

:shock: :rolllaughing:
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Return to Current/Upcoming Events