Postby BeTheMoon on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Whatta day!!!

:mrgreen:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Re: Any investors/traders?

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:44 pm

:eek:

I promised myself I wouldn't look after I saw the futures this morning. But I couldn't resist and now I'm sorry I looked. I comforted myself as I'm old enough to have seen quite a few of these "corrections?" and do think they are cyclical. Years ago I worked at Dean Witter for a couple brokers and decided then I'd invest only in mutual funds that paid quarterly dividends. That's a safe way to invest imo. Still...those funds fluctuate with market ups and downs.

I thought we were recuperating from the 2008 mess but evidently we're going there again.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:52 am

Corrections are inevitable and healthy IMO (I just prefer the other side of them). :wink:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Don't we always have 7 year volatility of some kind? I think I've read that about 20 times in the past month or so.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby BeTheMoon on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:43 am

More like 7 second volatility.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Keeping Alert on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:22 pm

The rout has begun...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby 1whowaits on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Black Monday anyone?
1whowaits

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:01 am

uh oh... buckle your seat belts! Futures down @500 pts. :faint:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby kirthril on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 am

GodsStudent wrote:Don't we always have 7 year volatility of some kind? I think I've read that about 20 times in the past month or so.

since the great depression hit rock bottom in 1931. 1938,1945, 1952, 1959, 1966, 1973, 1980, 1987, 1994, 2001, 2008...

every 7 years since that rock bottom, the markets or some part of it crashes. Sometimes it leads to big recessions, sometimes small ones. Its 2015, its been 7 years. I'm hoping its a small one, but with the advancement of homosexuality, and the equipping and arming of terrorists who are massacring Christians in the ME and north Africa...

I think God is gonna have a lil word for us...
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby mark s on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 am

Shows Dow Jones Since 1988

Check the years . . .
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Sanderson on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:36 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Don't we always have 7 year volatility of some kind? I think I've read that about 20 times in the past month or so.

Probably because that is the theory being pushed by Jonathan Cahn and is oft repeated. But reality doesn't match up with his claims.

Below is a quote from a review of "The Mystery of the Shemitah" by David James at http://www.biblicalintegrity.org/2014/09/19/mystery-of-the-shemitah/
He is quoting from http://retireby40.org/predictable-economy-cycle/

Since World War 2, we’ve already had 11 recessions. And if you go back another hundred years, you’ll see the same pattern. Those dates in red show the bottom of each recession. Now look: how far they spaced apart?

Would you agree: another recession is inevitable? It’s only a matter of when. In the past, recessions occurred at intervals of 7-10 years (barring a few that came a little quicker).

It’s almost like summer hurricanes in the Caribbean. We know they’re going to happen. We just don’t know when and where exactly. Fortunately, we’ve developed a good system of hurricane warnings.

I could not get an image of the chart to post here, but you can see a large easy to read jpg of the chart at http://dropdeadmoney.com/join/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/US-Economy-1948-2012-Q2-2012.jpg. The chart shows the U.S. economy from 1948 thru 2010. It shows recessions with the bottoms occurring in the years 1949, 1954, 1958, 1961, 1967, 1975, 1982, 1992, 2002, and 2009. As seen they are cyclical but vary from as little as 3 years to as much as 10 years in between.

You can also see a list of recessions from 1785 to present at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recessions_in_the_United_States. It breaks down the dates, duration and time from previous recession.
Sanderson

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:58 am

Thank you, Sanderson (and others). It gets confusing muddling thru financial information when one person says something and thirty others repeat, and it somehow becomes "the way it was or is" when in fact it's not really that way, at all. That's why I asked.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby kirthril on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:59 am

Sanderson wrote:

Probably because that is the theory being pushed by Jonathan Cahn and is oft repeated. But reality doesn't match up with his claims.

Below is a quote from a review of "The Mystery of the Shemitah" by David James at http://www.biblicalintegrity.org/2014/09/19/mystery-of-the-shemitah/
He is quoting from http://retireby40.org/predictable-economy-cycle/

Since World War 2, we’ve already had 11 recessions. And if you go back another hundred years, you’ll see the same pattern. Those dates in red show the bottom of each recession. Now look: how far they spaced apart?

Would you agree: another recession is inevitable? It’s only a matter of when. In the past, recessions occurred at intervals of 7-10 years (barring a few that came a little quicker).

It’s almost like summer hurricanes in the Caribbean. We know they’re going to happen. We just don’t know when and where exactly. Fortunately, we’ve developed a good system of hurricane warnings.

I could not get an image of the chart to post here, but you can see a large easy to read jpg of the chart at http://dropdeadmoney.com/join/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/US-Economy-1948-2012-Q2-2012.jpg. The chart shows the U.S. economy from 1948 thru 2010. It shows recessions with the bottoms occurring in the years 1949, 1954, 1958, 1961, 1967, 1975, 1982, 1992, 2002, and 2009. As seen they are cyclical but vary from as little as 3 years to as much as 10 years in between.

You can also see a list of recessions from 1785 to present at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recessions_in_the_United_States. It breaks down the dates, duration and time from previous recession.

You are misunderstanding his claims. What you have pointed out are the years of recessions. Cahn wasn't talking about recessions, he is specifically referring to the years in which a crash in the markets takes place. A crash leads to recession, if you look at the years I listed above, those are the years of the crash, the years you listed are the dates the recession hit bottom (as mentioned by the article posted).

Just pointing out the misunderstanding. Year of crash (Cahns argument) vs year recession begins/ends/ bottoms out. The last market crash was in 2008, before that 2001, 1994, 1987, 1980... 7 year intervals going back to the 1930's. :itsgood:
kirthril

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:14 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ar_markets

I googled "Stock Market crashes by year" and came up with a list on Wiki, but it seems not all sources cite the same information. Interestingly, the question becomes....is this US Stock Market only, or do we include all markets around the world? On this list from Wiki, I don't see a cyclical 7 year pattern emerging.....but it is also noted ...or ....and it is also noted.....that the list includes markets around the world.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

Every list I've been able to find fails to support Cahn's claims.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 am

mark s wrote:Every list I've been able to find fails to support Cahn's claims.

Agreed. Does Cahn's book cite references? Wonder where he gets his information. Man...I cringe to imagine he wrote this book and didn't vet his information thoroughly....that would be rather risky, imo....not just because it would besmirch his reputation with people, but uh...He's writing about "God stuff."
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:51 am

That's my issue with a lot of these guys. For years there have been so many people making so many claims that simply aren't true, and making predictions that don't turn out to happen.

He misrepresents what God is doing, plus it tugs as the credibility of Christians as a whole in many people's minds.
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 am

mark s wrote:That's my issue with a lot of these guys. For years there have been so many people making so many claims that simply aren't true, and making predictions that don't turn out to happen.

He misrepresents what God is doing, plus it tugs as the credibility of Christians as a whole in many people's minds.

:cry: His books sold millions....best seller......
My people perish for Lack of Knowledge
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sanderson on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:43 pm

kirthril wrote:You are misunderstanding his claims. What you have pointed out are the years of recessions. Cahn wasn't talking about recessions, he is specifically referring to the years in which a crash in the markets takes place. A crash leads to recession, if you look at the years I listed above, those are the years of the crash, the years you listed are the dates the recession hit bottom (as mentioned by the article posted).

Just pointing out the misunderstanding. Year of crash (Cahns argument) vs year recession begins/ends/ bottoms out. The last market crash was in 2008, before that 2001, 1994, 1987, 1980... 7 year intervals going back to the 1930's. :itsgood:

Hi kirthril,
I'm not misunderstanding his list, I'm disagreeing with it. I echo what mark s said:
"Every list I've been able to find fails to support Cahn's claims."
His claims and data to not hold up to close scrutiney.
Sanderson

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 pm

mark s wrote:That's my issue with a lot of these guys. For years there have been so many people making so many claims that simply aren't true, and making predictions that don't turn out to happen.

I agree with you Mark.

However, I would like to balance it with my two-cents worth...

We ALL misrepresent what God is doing in small and big ways... Some of us believe in OSAS and others don't... Some of us believe in Pre-trib, others in post-trib, and others in short-trib... Some believe we are in the end-times, some others don't...
Some believe in eternal punishing, some don't...

What I am trying to say is that we can't be all right.

I trust you enough to have honestly done your research into the 7-year cycles. So I will say that it was a poorly researched book with too much assumptions and false deductions.

Nevertheless, the funny thing that I have come to realize is that we can come to the right conclusions through the wrong deductions (it often happens to me in math! :lol: )

I think the case for Jonathan Cahn and Mark Biltz, is that these people saw a similitude of a pattern... I am sure they struggled to understand what it meant at first. Then they saw something that seemed to make sense of the pattern... They got excited... They told the world...

In science, it is the process of postulations which becomes a theory (as in theory of evolution, theory of relativity, etc.) and then a law (as in Law of Thermodynamics, Boyle's Law, etc.)

Cahn's and Biltz's works won't stand stand up to scrutiny for sure... But there seems to be this uncanny coincidence that the stock market should tank in 2001 and 2008 on precise dates (the earlier we go, things always get fuzzy). There is this uncanny link that 4 blood moons should happen 7 years apart...

What does it all mean?

Perhaps the old incidences had no significance, but does that mean the recent few are of no significance?

It may be and it may not be...

It is after all a God thing... Who can really comprehend completely...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby mark s on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm

However . . .

When I broadcast to the world in the name of Christianity and the Bible that such and such a thing will happen on such and such a date, because of such and such a place in the Bible, that's entirely different than you and I discussing pre-trib or OSAS.

I look at the last "blood moon" . . .

(again, so-called, since, let's face it, we're talking about a lunar eclipse here. Calling them "blood moons" is so obviously co-opting Biblical terminology for something particular that happens before the day of the LORD, not a commonly occurring lunar event as eclipses are. It's meant to manipulate)

at the last "blood moon", the predictions were that the market would crash, tank, whatever you want to call it. I went through reading article after article, prediction after prediction, and then came the day . . . and . . . nothing.

I personally do not know how Mr. Cahn came about to write his book. But I do know his premise is wrong, that we're under the Law, and his data is wrong.

So I ask . . . is it an accident that he is using a false premise and faulty data, and co-opting prophetic terminology, to sell books, and to bring people into the belief that we are in fact governed by the Mosaic Covenant of Law?

This is what used to be called a Judiazer.

It doesn't look good to me.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:30 pm

mark s wrote:However . . .

When I broadcast to the world in the name of Christianity and the Bible that such and such a thing will happen on such and such a date, because of such and such a place in the Bible, that's entirely different than you and I discussing pre-trib or OSAS.

I hear you Mark.

I have always wondered, how are we eagerly studying prophecy any different from the common man in the street regarding times and seasons? When the stocks crashes, everyone feels that it is the end of the world. Are we any better?

When Mark Biltz brought up the blood moons in 2008, no one had a clue about the tetrads. Okay, so the rapture did not happen on Rosh Hashanah that year... But the stock market sure did crash 777 points on that very day... Are we ready to put it on paper that we are 100% sure God had no hand in it?

Now, bring it backwards to 2001 and there was too a big crash on Rosh Hashanah!

I personally cannot bring myself to say God is not in it, trying to show us something through a pattern.

Now, if that is the case for the Tetrad in 2008... What would you think could be the case for this Tetrad in 2015, 7 years apart?

You are right that something might or might not happen.

But as students of prophecy, should we clam up and not say a hoot because we really do not know?

1988 was a year that everyone thought we were going to get raptured. Not me. But was Christianity any lesser because of it. We were mocked for sure but Christianity still advanced. If anything, people started getting interested about the end-times.

I have come to realize that God has gotten used to being misrepresented... But He still comes through winning.

Keeping Alert

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Just look at what just happened to the Dow! Wow!

Keeping Alert

Postby Sanderson on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:38 pm

GodsStudent wrote:
mark s wrote:Every list I've been able to find fails to support Cahn's claims.

Agreed. Does Cahn's book cite references? Wonder where he gets his information. Man...I cringe to imagine he wrote this book and didn't vet his information thoroughly....that would be rather risky, imo....not just because it would besmirch his reputation with people, but uh...He's writing about "God stuff."

Hi GodsStudent,
From the same blog/review I posted earlier (http://www.biblicalintegrity.org/2014/09/19/mystery-of-the-shemitah/) apparently he does not cite his sources.

SUMMARY

Furthermore, none of the overwhelming number of assertions and fact-claims throughout the book concerning economic trends, financial statistics and historical events are documented whatsoever, raising the question of the source of the author’s information, the accuracy of that information, and why this most basic and necessary aspect of any research-based non-fiction book is completely missing. The burden of proof for such assertions and claims should never be on the reader if an author is to be taken seriously. In addition, the integrity of any publisher is rightly called into question when an author doesn’t cite his sources.

The bottom line is that, unfortunately, the significant problems that plague The Harbinger have possibly been exceeded in this book and so should give pause to anyone who takes the Word of God seriously.

I have not read Cahn's book, but have researched his work enough from many sources that are available on the web, to have no cause to doubt the above quote.
Sanderson

Postby kirthril on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:08 pm

http://english.pravda.ru/business/finan ... ollapse-0/
http://howtoexitthematrix.com/2015/06/2 ... ing-about/
http://7yearcycle.blogspot.com/
http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2014/12/s ... to-ignore/ (3/4's down page)

a ploy to sell books or not, the facts are there. That final link even states there is a 7-yr period between highs, and 7 between lows.

2008 collapse. we all saw that one
2001 small recession March-Nov
1994 bond market crash
1987 black Monday
1980 recession caused by rising oil prices, S&L crisis
1973 market crash
1966-http://www.palisadeshudson.com/2014/01/the-forgettable-crash-of-1966/
1959 Dow began a December 13.9% plunge that would bottom out in Nov 1960

Looking a little closer there were a myriad of plunges/downturns between the early 1940's and late 1960's. Since the 70's, the last 40 years, its been consistent 7 years there is a downturn (of course they are all followed by recoveries). Do I think the one that might occur this fall is the BIG one? Not really, i'm not expecting Seal 3 to be opened until the AC is on the scene bringing peace.
No im not a follower of Cahn, but his crash cycle theory did get my attention several months ago (march...ish...)and google searches made me wonder if he is right . That is all. I'm just listing what financial, stock market, etc websites have said occurred during these years.
kirthril

Postby Sanderson on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:31 pm

kirthril, thanks for the info you provided. I think we are looking at this from different angles.

As I understand Cahn's claims, the 7 year cycles he proposes are "Shemitah" economic judgements against the U.S., (Please correct me if I am wrong). I would expect that a judgement from God against a nation would affect the entire nation not just some markets, but the downturns of the entire U.S. economy just don't match his cycle. I would hazard a guess that if someone looked at every possible market between them all, they could put together a cycle of any period of years desired.

Honestly I am in over my head with the economics talk. To me the real question should be, is there any scriptural basis for the claims in the first place?
Sanderson

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 am

To me the real question should be, is there any scriptural basis for the claims in the first place?

This thread is deviated (blame me, I brought up the 7 yr. cycle thing)...and as to the 7 year cycle thing, I am not convinced that every 7 years there is an adjustment in the stock market, per se, which (or as to) relates to the blood moon phenomenon that is being discussed. I know the 7 year cycle conversation is with respect to the Shemitah....and has been tied to the USA
But, the blood moons cycle is tied to Israel, more specifically. I found an article this morning that, whether I agree with it or not, I think, explains in pretty good detail, what the blood moons and tetrads on Feast Days that is about.
http://www.pray4zion.org/thecomingbloodmoons.html

I don't want to derail the thread, but confusion started with the question about the 7 year cycle and I have not put the blood moons/tetrads debate to rest in my own mind. My gut tells me that as a watchman, this blood moon/tetrads thing is a separate issue and that even if I don't completely understand it, I need to continue to watch with respect to it....so I am going to. I am NOT convinced there is NO scriptural basis for the blood moons and tetrads falling on feast days, particularly with respect to the Jewish People. In fact, there is much more scriptural validity to God's feasts and that whole side of scripture than there is to, say Christmas and Easter....I just haven't figured it all out, yet.....but I am watching and learning.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am

I have read some of Cahn's books including the most recent one that is being discussed here. There are some interesting "coincidences" but also a lot of speculation and not a whole lot of it tied to scripture.

Personally I think God has His hand in all of this. There is a deception brewing and all of these ideas will, I believe, play into the deluding influence that is coming, and lest we forget that influence is sent by God and I believe this is in part the reason that prophetic events are shrouded in mystery to this day.

I do not doubt the faith of those of us who gather here at this site with all of our various views regarding prophecy. I also believe that Jonathan Cahn is sincere in his love for Jesus. What I am trying to say is that it may be that God is allowing these things to be set forth in order to lay a foundation for the delusion that will one day come.

I honestly think that all the confusion over interpretation of end time events will play into that delusion. Of course that is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 am

Hi RT: I agree with what you're saying in a slightly different context. In reading about the blood moon events from the perspective of a Jewish or "feast keeping christians" perspective (but primarily jewish), I wonder if, since the Jews are still looking for their messiah, and don't believe Christ to be THE Messiah, there won't come an imposter who ties into their calendar and makes the false one seem like the real one. With that said, I suspect that the false messiah could come during their timeline of events and watching of those dates? THAT is why I am watching so hard here, and wondering so hard on. As I understand scripture, the Jewish will initially accept the false Christ and later repent of that, so certainly this is worth watching for me.

Whatever "it" is that may happen with respect to the blood moons, "it" hasn't happened, yet, and so it's hard to know what I'm watching for, but I think it's important to watch. As far as me being deceived for doing so....I don't particularly think that because I watch and try to understand, I am being deluded. Alternately, I think because I watch with such fervor, I will understand what I need to understand from what happens, and will be among not a whole lot of others, who do the same. I know very few watching from a biblical perspective like I watch (in person, of course all of us here on FP are avid watchers to some degree or another)....so ....I am not encouraged that many people I know will avoid deception, at least initially. I expect, after reading Isaiah 25 and forward, that there will be a revival for those who truly love the Lord, and hope to see many "get on the right page"....eventually, both for the Saints and the Jews....

Just my thoughts on the subject at present.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi GodsStudent,

I think I agree with you about the whole Jewish messiah thing. I wasn't suggesting that you or anyone else here is being deluded. I do not believe that true followers of Christ will be subject to it since in my opinion the church will not be here when it comes.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

The passage tells us who will be subject to the deluding influence: those who did not believe in the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness, but we who believe are chosen for salvation (not delusion).
2 Thessalonians 2:13
13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

However I do think that the confusion that surrounds the interpretation of prophecy has laid a foundation for the delusion so that when it does come people will believe what is false, in part because they do not know exactly what is true.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi RT: Hope I didn't sound upset or defensive....I was neither. I was trying to differentiate between us and the Jewish people and suggesting that those who keep the feasts (who are all ?messianic type? Christians or either Jewish) COULD be getting a real shocker this month that does tie in with the blood moons....or that they will tie in with the blood moons? It's just been something I've been wondering to myself as I watch of late.

I don't think it's a mistake that things keep happening in accordance with the blood moons falling on the feast dates, and I suspect we really could see something this time around, too. BUT.....for me, it's watching, as always. :snack:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:34 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Hi RT: Hope I didn't sound upset or defensive....I was neither. I was trying to differentiate between us and the Jewish people and suggesting that those who keep the feasts (who are all ?messianic type? Christians or either Jewish) COULD be getting a real shocker this month that does tie in with the blood moons....or that they will tie in with the blood moons? It's just been something I've been wondering to myself as I watch of late.

I don't think it's a mistake that things keep happening in accordance with the blood moons falling on the feast dates, and I suspect we really could see something this time around, too. BUT.....for me, it's watching, as always. :snack:

It's all good! I agree with you about Israel. I just watched the Blood Moon video on Netflix streaming. Pretty interesting. One thing I didn't know was that this is the first time ever that the tetrad of blood moons has come in a Sabbath year. Also found the stories of God's supernatural intervention during both the war for independence in 1948 and the 1967 war very interesting. We certainly live in interesting times. It was good to be reminded of how miraculous the rebirth of the nation of Israel was/is. Only time will tell what significance will follow the current tetrad.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:56 pm

I don't trade and I do not know the least about trading but I had a look at the Dow and although it made it to end up 369 points, it almost went crashing through the floor before making a last moment rally... Maybe I am old, but that looks like too much of a roller coaster ride for me...

GodsStudent wrote:Hi RT: Hope I didn't sound upset or defensive....I was neither. I was trying to differentiate between us and the Jewish people and suggesting that those who keep the feasts (who are all ?messianic type? Christians or either Jewish) COULD be getting a real shocker this month that does tie in with the blood moons....or that they will tie in with the blood moons? It's just been something I've been wondering to myself as I watch of late.

I agree with you Godstudent. It is wise to differentiate between us and the Jewish people and my thoughts are if the Great Tribulation is primarily to cause the Jews to turn back to God, then it would make sense that God would use signs that are primarily Jewish. I am not particularly concerned that previous tetrad and Shemitah "signs" did not add up to be exactly accurate... God could be just using that to catch the Jews' attention... Warning shots if you will... God might be saying "don't say I didn't warn you"...

And I do believe God is giving everyone fair warning... This short crash comes exactly one month before the 23 September...
Coincidence? Maybe... Fair warning? Perhaps...

Besides, we are in the period of Grace, the previous Jewish signs that perhaps did not make perfect alignment with events are only a rehearsal as it were... When it is time to let the exact Jewish signs fall into place, God will start the timer ticking...

So I am with you, watching... With bated breath... The next Tetrad after this set is many years away... I don't think it will be that long seeing the way things are unfolding before us

Keeping Alert

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:08 am

Hi KA: Exactly. I have been thinking on this, trying, from a different perspective, to see what all of these events culminating, might be leading up to, and for whom? I do have regrets that we've had book writers, making money on the subject, and that in that, too much sensationalism has been implicated, and some of their research was neither vetted (it seems) or accurately postulated.....BUT....I have always had a big question mark in my head when considering the things we do know about these blood moons on feast days, and historically, they've implicated (if what we know about them is accurate)...they've implicated change, particularly for the Jewish people. (?)

So...why would that change this time around is the question floating around in my head? I also know that historically, the blood moon events (day of) have not necessarily implicated that change (as in it was the year, and not necessarily the day of that significant change took place with the Jewish people/nation). For that reason, I am not necessarily expecting the significant change to take place, day of. I wish I had good time today to really research this and create a better post, but just because I have a great big question doesn't mean that I can publish my book today....hehe. I hope, before the day of, to really dig into this more and look around to see what would make sense based on history, but it won't be today as my desk is piled high and I've got to get to work.

As I understand it (and this would need to be vetted by the good bereans), the blood moons on feast days resulted in Israel becoming a nation, for example, but that happened the year of the blood moons on feast days, and not necessarily on the last day the blood moons happened in the series or sequence. So.....my point is......what we can expect, may or may not happen specifically on the day the last of the tetrad happens, but within a reasonable period unto that date???? This is where my research for the facts might help me....as it's all floating around in my head in a blob, and yet, I haven't had good time to search out all the facts, write them down, and draw reasonable conclusions.

That said, I just simply expect, based on what I know about them....the distance between them, the history surrounding what's happened in the past with them, and the fact that in my gut, I've got a niggling feeling that I should be paying attention to them.....(and when my gut speaks, I do listen!).....at least for me.....I think it's worthy of watching.

that's just me. :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:03 am

Not looking good today :(

Keeping Alert

Postby BeTheMoon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Wild, wild stuff. :eek:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm

BeTheMoon wrote:Wild, wild stuff. :eek:

For sure...

I remember after the crash of "Black Monday" in 1987, certain safeguards were implemented to avoid or slow down a sell-off. I haven't seen that happen to the market with this volatility, but then I need to refresh my memory about the conditions that warrant it.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sanderson on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:42 pm

GodsStudent wrote:As I understand it (and this would need to be vetted by the good bereans), the blood moons on feast days resulted in Israel becoming a nation, for example, but that happened the year of the blood moons on feast days, and not necessarily on the last day the blood moons happened in the series or sequence. So.....my point is......what we can expect, may or may not happen specifically on the day the last of the tetrad happens, but within a reasonable period unto that date???? This is where my research for the facts might help me....as it's all floating around in my head in a blob, and yet, I haven't had good time to search out all the facts, write them down, and draw reasonable conclusions.

Actually the tetrad occurred after Israel became a nation.
May 15, 1948 AD – March 10, 1949 AD– Israel gained recognition from the U.N. (Dec. 1948) and won the War of Independence.

A tetrad occurred April 13 & October 7, 1949 AD – April 2 & September 25, 1950 AD.
http://bibleprophecytalk.com/bpt-blood-moon-theory-debunked-and-more/

Some of the other tetrads also occurred after the events with which they are linked, along with 2 other tetrads that are not linked to any specific event. From what I can tell, the pattern is more that the signs happen after the events used to validate the theory, than being signs of upcoming events.
Sanderson

Postby BeTheMoon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
BeTheMoon wrote:Wild, wild stuff. :eek:

For sure...

I remember after the crash of "Black Monday" in 1987, certain safeguards were implemented to avoid or slow down a sell-off. I haven't seen that happen to the market with this volatility, but then I need to refresh my memory about the conditions that warrant it.

All sorts of stuff to do in the street, politically, and at the Fed. What's nice about bubbles popping is that reality is more clear and everything is cheap.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:13 am

Sanderson wrote:
GodsStudent wrote:As I understand it (and this would need to be vetted by the good bereans), the blood moons on feast days resulted in Israel becoming a nation, for example, but that happened the year of the blood moons on feast days, and not necessarily on the last day the blood moons happened in the series or sequence. So.....my point is......what we can expect, may or may not happen specifically on the day the last of the tetrad happens, but within a reasonable period unto that date???? This is where my research for the facts might help me....as it's all floating around in my head in a blob, and yet, I haven't had good time to search out all the facts, write them down, and draw reasonable conclusions.

Actually the tetrad occurred after Israel became a nation.
May 15, 1948 AD – March 10, 1949 AD– Israel gained recognition from the U.N. (Dec. 1948) and won the War of Independence.

A tetrad occurred April 13 & October 7, 1949 AD – April 2 & September 25, 1950 AD.
http://bibleprophecytalk.com/bpt-blood-moon-theory-debunked-and-more/

Some of the other tetrads also occurred after the events with which they are linked, along with 2 other tetrads that are not linked to any specific event. From what I can tell, the pattern is more that the signs happen after the events used to validate the theory, than being signs of upcoming events.

You're right. I double checked the dates you gave here and got the same information. Honestly, I think at this point I have decided to "give up the ghost" of blood moon tetrad theory. I ordered the information (full video series) from Hagee and it arrived only to sit on the floor in my office for some time until I finally just pushed it out of the way. In all honesty, I haven't had any Holy Spirit nudging to pick it up and play it (to invest the time into it) which tells me a whole lot. My watch in this area is more than passive....it's really unedified, frankly.

Wow....maybe one day I will learn how to be a good berean? You think other people who call themselves by the name Christian vet their facts and don't cherry top them for the purpose of selling videos, but that's not the case. So many scriptures come to mind about how we are to conduct ourselves. I am guilty of falling into the sensationalism of these folks who have made lots of money selling theories that really don't add up too well. That much I know just in this conversation here (though there have been others)....but alas, I am a hardhead.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:43 am

GodsStudent wrote: I am guilty of falling into the sensationalism of these folks who have made lots of money selling theories that really don't add up too well. That much I know just in this conversation here (though there have been others)....but alas, I am a hardhead.

Me thinks you're being too hard :) on yourself, GodsStudent. With the admonitions in scripture to watch, we are also admonished to beware of deception. That takes some work to see the forest through the trees; accepting some bits of truth and discounting others! Especially when those presenting their theories are well-known, highly respected preachers and teachers. It's a process of learning for all of us.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sanderson on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:14 am

GodsStudent wrote:Wow....maybe one day I will learn how to be a good berean? You think other people who call themselves by the name Christian vet their facts and don't cherry top them for the purpose of selling videos, but that's not the case. So many scriptures come to mind about how we are to conduct ourselves. I am guilty of falling into the sensationalism of these folks who have made lots of money selling theories that really don't add up too well. That much I know just in this conversation here (though there have been others)....but alas, I am a hardhead.

I agree with Abiding, you are being too hard on yourself. IMO you are being a good berean, you are seeking info here, a place that you trust. Probably most of us are guilty of falling into the sensationalism at one time or another. Being a skeptic by nature, when one of these sensational new "truths" comes along and captures the imagination of the media, mainstream church and general public it throws up a red flag to me.

I hope you don't think that I am picking on you, for that is not my intent but it seems lately I have been posting conflicting info to your posts.
Sanderson

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 am

Sanderson: My personality is one where I speak directly in the moment, but in doing so, don't feel picked on or otherwise as though I need to harbor resentments against others (almost always this is my personality). I BARELY recall which conversations I've had with you versus another person, and so, NO, absolutely, I do not feel picked on. I think I do recall you telling me once not to seek all this outside information (paraphrasing your comment), and I took it as a learning moment, more than as a personal attack....and it might not have even been you who said that? :dunno:
I really have grown up a lot here on FP, because of all the fine examples, and the maturity in Christ that so many have. Not all people are able to do something like that, because not all people want to, but I do....and God has been working in me for some time.

As to the being hard on myself....I appreciate that you both said that, and I will take it under consideration....but I really don't like that sometimes I seem to be "all over the place" with things. I don't know how to stop it, but it is also true, what Abiding said...that in watching....we "discuss" here on the board in writing, and later....we change our minds, but we can't go back and "change our minds" because what we thought previously (based on the information we had then) went another route.

I appreciate that I'm allowed to make mistakes, change my mind, and recognize my bad thinking here with this group of people. Thank you for that. :hugs: ....and honestly....I am frustrated that there is so much deception out there....but Christ did very much stress that point.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby BeTheMoon on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:56 pm

:hugs2:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby kirthril on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:39 pm

So easy to get fooled nowadays. I didn't pay much attention to the blood moon stuff because I knew the 7yr covenant hadn't been established nor a 10-nation kingdom in the process of invading/dividing Israel. But the economic theory I did bite on. I guess too excited to see something happen. :dunno:
kirthril

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:18 pm

A friend of mine, and old codger, had pulled from the market years ago. Sadly, he's missed out on a lot of gains.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Return to Economic/MOB Watch