JIM ROGERS WARNS: “YOU BETTER RUN FOR THE HILLS!”

Economic and Mark of the Beast
prophecy-related information

Postby st louis steve on Mon May 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Well known investor Jim Rogers, who made his fortune during the 1970′s crisis by investing in commodities like precious metals, has long-warned about the calamity faced by, not just America, but the world as a whole. LAST PART::: As students of history and economics, both Rogers and Faber understand that major cities are not the place to be when modern-day financial and convenience delivery systems fall apart.

Be as far outside of the blast radius as possible. It’s gonna’ get ugly. http://www.bioprepper.com/2014/05/18/ji ... the-hills/
st louis steve

Re: JIM ROGERS WARNS: “YOU BETTER RUN FOR THE HILLS!”

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Luke 17:33

Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

advocating to run and hide like a scared kitty is not biblical, Jim Rogers would do well to read the bible.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby bchandler on Mon May 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Hmmm, I seem to recall Jesus telling people to flee Jerusalem, when a certain set of conditions were met...

So, how is it unbiblical to be wise, watching, and take appropriate action to protect yourselves.

He may be hyping it up too much, but.. He is very correct, you don't wanna be anywhere near a big city when critical life support systems collaps.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 am

thats a specific circumstance bchandler, not a general guideline.

My opinion is that there will be many in the city that need to know what is happening, many opportunities to spread the gospel instead of hiding in the bushes, that is akin to burying your talent of gold, but that is my opinion.

You will find many people who have no hope, who will readily listen to the gospel and someone who has some answers. People who didnt listen before will listen now.

Have you wondered how you will carry all the supplies you need far enough off the beaten path to do you much good? Not to mention near a water source, where you can resupply and not be seen. And should you be able to do that, to hide yourself and family far enough off the roadways where the smoke from your fires wont be seen, then how many people do you think you can find there to spread the gospel to?? Oh and what should you do with the vehicle that carried you there, that would be a dead giveaway that someone is hiding close and even a nearsighted tracker like me could find you easily.Again sounds like hiding your light under a bushel.

Hmmm, seems fatally flawed to me, but that is just my opinion, someone who knows the logistics of supply for an extended time in the bush. Maybe i should have elaborated in my first response.

Oh wait, you might say, I will trust in God to take care of me and supply my needs, I would say, why would He do that when you are hiding the hope that is in you in the hills, away from the people that need it most. But thats just my opinion, feel free to disregard it.
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby bchandler on Tue May 20, 2014 6:26 am

I am glad you at least give me the freedom to do so... Lol

Fact is, God has given people in my family, including myself, dreams and visions regarding preparing for a time when people will flee the cities in this country. We were given a specific area to move to, and shown a specific period of time that we had to prepare food for.

We each do what God shows us. We are all just parts of the body. Only the head knows everything that is going on.

So, why condemn people as "faithless" because they prepare, while you choose to live by faith expecting God to take care of you?

The people who are going to fulfill God's faith in you, and take care of you when it all falls down, are those whom God told to prepare.

So why the hostility? Why the condemnation?
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue May 20, 2014 6:46 am

no hostility, no condemnation, and "faithless" was not in my post, not sure why you put it in quotes.

I was just pointing out the flaws in the general thinking and responding to the condescending tone in the hmmm.

you assume too much, I never said I was living by faith expecting God to take care of me while living in the city, Do you always read so much into posts??

My future is far different than you assume, I already feed 150 people per week in the Philippines in 2 feeding programs and have been hard at work ensuring the continuity of that effort, regardless of the breakdown of supply lines.

I also have plans in place to feed a lot more should those catastrophic failures come to fruition. We will be taking food into the city in that case as well as being able to take supplies, though not in this country.

You assume once again that someone will need to take care of me, not the case, as you have said we all are different and have different plans we have been led to do.

I think I responded well to your post, you asked how it was not biblical and gave as an example a specific situation that applies to Israel alone.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby bchandler on Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 am

Wow, the faithless was in quotes because you Implied that people who are preparing for hard times aren't trusting God.

When in truth, it is God himself directing many thousands of people in the heartland of this nation to prepare, for themselves and for others. So rather than snide remarks and condemnation... How about a thank you Lord for your preparation to provide, and for those obedient to his direction. Because, based upon your comments, it is likely you are one of the people they are preparing for.

The hmmmm, wasnt condescending... It was an indication of thought... And of course Jesus warning was specific to Jerusalem for a specific time... Not even for Israel...

Just as the dreams, visions, and burdens that he is placing on people in this nation are for a specific time that he has shown. The coming destruction of this nations major cities. Judgement has been declared upon this nation, and God will not repent of it. His hand will not be withheld any longer.

And along with those dreams and visions, God is directing his people to prepare for the flood of people that will come fleeing out of those cities. To provide a witness, and to provide for his people.

Who are you to judge another's servant?
bchandler

Postby momof3boys on Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am

I think we each might have different roles to fulfill. I had started on preparation, but then lost everything. I was able to give away what I couldn't take with me, so I guess I prepared for someone else? I'm pretty sure I won't last too long once things begin to go south. I have the knowledge, but have physical problems and had to start over from scratch more than once - and am still kind of in a precarious situation.

Anyways, some of us are called to prepare, while others are called to witness, and some are called to be martyrs. We don't really have too much choice in the matter if we're following God's will, since He has a plan for each of us.

Everything can be taken away in a flash, regardless of preparations made. To be honest, I really don't have the strength to go through more catastrophes. In theory, I would like to be 'taken out' one way or another once things get a bit worse. I've seen a glimpse of heaven, and it beats this world any day.

Just my $.02
momof3boys

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue May 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Once again you read into and assume too much, I did not imply those preparing were not trusting in God, did you read my last post, I am preparing to feed a lot of people, or did you not understand that. Once again its very apparent you have not read my post, you say" ... How about a thank you Lord for your preparation to provide, and for those obedient to his direction. Because, based upon your comments, it is likely you are one of the people they are preparing for." You cant base that on my comments at all as you say, but only on what you read into them, I have prepared for the continuity of feeding programs regardless of the breakdown of supply lines, that also includes preparations for me and my family, in case that is not clear enough this time.

And the warning you spoke of in the bible was not to those in Jerusalem only but to all in Judea. You might want to read that again. Luke 21:21

I was only giving my opinion in previous posts as stated many times, not 'judging" anyone else clearly stated, Try to comprehend without reading into it.

The coming judgement of this nations major cities has been declared? Chapter and verse on that please, when was it declared for? Declare if you know the "specific time as He has shown", or is it a secret? Many people can be helped by your specific revelation from God, so please tell us the specific time He has shown.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby bchandler on Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 am

Longing,

I am sorry, but to me your whole tone seems judgmental and condescending.

as if you are trusting God to take care of you, and others are not.

Your preparing to feed ppl in the Philippines has noting to do with the OP about preparing to endure hard time in the US.

How can I give you chapter and verse for dreams and visions and prophecies that God is giving to me, and hundreds or even thousands of others in the heartland today?

Or do you not believe in the operation of the full set of gifts of the spirit today?

I don't believe that I am assuming, I believe that I am seeing what you are saying quite clearly.
bchandler

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed May 21, 2014 1:59 am

Actually, you are not seeing at all, the OP was for anywhere in the world, read Jim Rogers opening statement.

And you did say you had specific revelation from God to prepare for a specific time shown to you. If it was from God, let us know, many many people will benefit from that knowledge, dont keep it a secret.

I never said once that I was trusting God to take care of me, not once, that does not mean i am not, I just never stated that. So once again, you read what you want into it. Its practically worthless having a discourse with you.

Oh, i do believe that God will give dreams and visions in the endtimes, its clearly stated in the bible. But what i dont believe is that anyone who had a specific time to prepare for would hold it back, so people would needlessly suffer. Let it be known, you clearly said you were told to prepare for a specific time, lets have it.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed May 21, 2014 2:01 am

bchandler wrote:I am glad you at least give me the freedom to do so... Lol

Fact is, God has given people in my family, including myself, dreams and visions regarding preparing for a time when people will flee the cities in this country. We were given a specific area to move to, and shown a specific period of time that we had to prepare food for.

We each do what God shows us. We are all just parts of the body. Only the head knows everything that is going on.

So, why condemn people as "faithless" because they prepare, while you choose to live by faith expecting God to take care of you?

The people who are going to fulfill God's faith in you, and take care of you when it all falls down, are those whom God told to prepare.

So why the hostility? Why the condemnation?

you mentioned above a "specific period of time", gonna tell us or let us just guess?
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Wed May 21, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed May 21, 2014 2:04 am

bchandler wrote:Wow, the faithless was in quotes because you Implied that people who are preparing for hard times aren't trusting God.

When in truth, it is God himself directing many thousands of people in the heartland of this nation to prepare, for themselves and for others. So rather than snide remarks and condemnation... How about a thank you Lord for your preparation to provide, and for those obedient to his direction. Because, based upon your comments, it is likely you are one of the people they are preparing for.

The hmmmm, wasnt condescending... It was an indication of thought... And of course Jesus warning was specific to Jerusalem for a specific time... Not even for Israel...

Just as the dreams, visions, and burdens that he is placing on people in this nation are for a specific time that he has shown. The coming destruction of this nations major cities. Judgement has been declared upon this nation, and God will not repent of it. His hand will not be withheld any longer.

And along with those dreams and visions, God is directing his people to prepare for the flood of people that will come fleeing out of those cities. To provide a witness, and to provide for his people.

Who are you to judge another's servant?

There is that reference to a "specific time that he has shown", that seems clear to me that you would be able to tell us, so we can prepare more effectively. What do you say bchandler, wanna give it up? If you dont people wont be able to prepare as well, some might be caught unawares, it seems almost criminal to keep it to yourself.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby bchandler on Wed May 21, 2014 2:20 am

The specific time has to do with specific events that will unfold that indicate the beginning of the time of final preparation. Meanwhile... God relocated us, and instructed us to begin ministering to the needy.

All I know is it will begin with waves of darkness, moving from the west across the country. There is a specific area that will be able to stand against this darkness. It is some time after this event that God showed us that people will flee the cities.

That is all I know. God indicated that we would have 4 good years to prepare, and 3 bad years to live on what we could grow ourselves and what we had put away in that 4 previous years.

Others have been directed to provide temporary shelters, tents, sleeping bags, etc... Others are preparing libraries of information for training people to take care of themselves.

God told us that this country was to be judged, that he would not repent, that he had turned his face away from the west.

We were instructed not to even pray for it. But rather to pray for the protection of his people.
bchandler

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed May 21, 2014 2:54 am

bchandler wrote:The specific time has to do with specific events that will unfold that indicate the beginning of the time of final preparation. Meanwhile... God relocated us, and instructed us to begin ministering to the needy.

All I know is it will begin with waves of darkness, moving from the west across the country. There is a specific area that will be able to stand against this darkness. It is some time after this event that God showed us that people will flee the cities.

That is all I know. God indicated that we would have 4 good years to prepare, and 3 bad years to live on what we could grow ourselves and what we had put away in that 4 previous years.

Others have been directed to provide temporary shelters, tents, sleeping bags, etc... Others are preparing libraries of information for training people to take care of themselves.

God told us that this country was to be judged, that he would not repent, that he had turned his face away from the west.

We were instructed not to even pray for it. But rather to pray for the protection of his people.

Now that was a good post bchandler, slightly vague, but something to work with. Would you like to pm momof3boys since I think she is in Utah and you seem close enough to possibly help take care of her when it all goes bad? That would be a nice gesture.

Momof3boys, pm me if you want with your medications and dosage and i can see what the shelf life of those are and try to pick up a good supply of them for you when i go to the Philippines on one of my trips provided bchandler can tell me about when the 4 good years began. You dont need any money, I got it covered for you. Lets see if we can help you get through this, after all you have some good knowledge that can help people too.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby burien1 on Wed May 21, 2014 5:02 am

Please save the personal questions and comments for private messages ! That is NOT what these threads are for.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Return to Economic/MOB Watch