Being Prepared Part Two

Economic and Mark of the Beast
prophecy-related information

Being Prepared Part Two

Postby oldbeans316 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 am

Hi there,

Last year I devoted some time to learning about preparedness (in case of economic meltdown, mass rioting, biochemical attacks, natural disasters, etc). One thing I took particular interest in was a BOB (Bug out Bag). These are known by many names like 72 hour kit, or a get-out-of-dodge bag.

The one I am creating is designed for the worst case scenario, which is the necessity of leaving house and home behind due to economy collapsing and the ensuing rioting etc. I believe this will eventually happen to us here in America, although not for a while yet (at least not in the next couple years).

Anyway, I thought I would post some information as to the things that a BOB should contain in case anyone here thinks it is prudent to have one ready.

There are 4 basic categories of items it should contain: Water, Food, Hygiene, and Shelter. Also it is important to have a couple different methods for each group in the BOB (i.e. dont just pack some matches for fire).

WATER
- Aquamira Frontier Emergency Water Filter System. Essentially, it is a charcoal filter that you put a straw in. You place one end of the filter into the water source and then drink through the straw. It is good for about 20 gallons (76 Litres). http://www.amazon.com/Aquamira-Frontier ... B000OR115W
- Aquamira Water Treatment Drops. Two small bottles of a chlorine based chemical. Good for about 30 gallons (114 Litres). http://www.amazon.com/McNett-371242-Aqu ... d_sim_sg_3
- Iodine Tablets. Quick and effective water treatment, and better than chlorine. Although, apparently leaves the water tasting quite bad. Let water stand for at least 30 minutes. One example of product… http://www.amazon.com/Potable-Water-Pur ... B000S87RGE
- Bleach. Use 5.25% chlorine bleach (which is found in normal household bleach). For 1 gallon of water (3.8L), use 8 drops of bleach for relatively clear water, or 16 drops for murky water. Let water stand for at least an hour. Useful to strain the water with a coffee filter to remove debris before adding the bleach.

FOOD
Most important thing about food is that it is high in calories. Nutritional value is secondary, as the food can be supplemented with vitamin pills, which would also be a very good barter item. Energy bars are small high calorie foods and are also high in nutritional value. Ramen noodles are super cheap and high in calories. Rice is also high in calories, and if there is not able to provide heat to cook it, then simply leave it in cold water for about 6-8 hours and it is fine.
Depending on circumstances, you should pack enough food for 3-10 days, depending on how you think it will take to get to your designated area and find a food source.

FIRE
Lighters, Matches, Flint, Candle.
Sparker fire starter. Various types, but all are essentially the same. Some come with tinder. http://www.prolitegear.com/cgi-bin/prol ... re_starter
Cottonballs soaked in petroleum jelly or vasoline is the best homemade tinder. Only takes a tiny spark to set it ablaze, and it will burn for a good couple of minutes.

HYGIENE AND FIRST AID
Bandages, gauze, antiseptic cream, etc.
Toothbrush and toothpaste.
Deodorant stick.
Soap.
Toilet Paper. A luxury, but a very good one (can take out the cardboard centre to take up less space).
Insect repellent

SECURITY
Gun (if that’s your thing). I personally don’t have one and do not plan on getting one at all.
Good knife.
Retractable nightstick (very effective weapon).

SHELTER
Sleeping bag.
Emergency blanket and space blanket. Both are very cheap and very compact.
A few large black rubbish bins can also be used as a roof to get snow of you during winter.
Good rope. Paracord rope is the best (it is made up of 7 strands which you can separate if necessary). Also useful to learn some basic knots.

MISC
Ziplock bags (many good uses)
Torch plus spare batteries.
Radio (handcranked one would be nice).
Binoculars
Whistle
Signal Mirror
Safety Pins
Tinfoil (can use to make a makeshift pot to boil water in).
Zip ties (may uses).
Can opener (in case you run across and cans of food).
Small fishing set.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
oldbeans316

Re: Being Prepared

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your research! I needed this push.

Most important thing about food is that it is high in calories. Nutritional value is secondary, as the food can be supplemented with vitamin pills

Good to know I won't have to change from my current menu!
:grin:
Granola bars fill me up and contain protein. Shaklee vitamins actually do dissolve and go to work instead of just swimming in my stomach like so many others. (No, I don't sell them.)

Using clear colloidal silver purifies water and builds your immunity.
It is the best first aid, mouth rinse, deodorant, contact lens solution and has no taste or odor.
With colloidal silver and wet wipes there is no need for a water purifier, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, antiseptic cream, athletes foot medication, or eyedrops. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
www.silvergen.com
(See other threads. I don't sell this either.)

I am thinking about adding:
+chapstick and mineral oil (moisturizer, laxative and lamp oil.)
+fingernail file, scissors, tweezers, and magnifying glass.
+compact tool kit and a few nails and screws.
+safety pins and a needle with an eye that fishing line can fit through.
+wet wipes and comb
*rain poncho
+small inflatable for pillow, chair and/or float
+change of alpaca wool socks (And shoes too if there is room!)
+fold-up hat
+sun glasses/goggles, contacts and glasses
+watch with compass and alarm
+army set of compact silverware for all kinds of uses.
+very small garden trowel and work gloves (To bury things that attract insects and other.)
+my small string hammock I have had for twenty-five years. Can't leave home without it!
+pen, pencil and index cards (I can't remember anything anymore.)
+numbered list of praise song titles and harmonica (I can't remember anything anymore. I repeat myself too.)
+God's word hidden in my heart.

Does Avon's Skin So Soft truly work as a bug repellent?
Do they make small rolls of duct tape? (You know you're gonna need it!)
Pretzelogical

Postby oldbeans316 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 pm

I've heard about Collodial Silver, but haven't researched it myself. I just might do that in the morning. Thanks :)
oldbeans316

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 am

I posted about colloidal silver in the whatever section again.
Be well
:blessyou:
Pretzelogical

Postby Loop on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:42 am

Does Avon's Skin So Soft truly work as a bug repellent?

As long as it doesn't give you a migraine, its pretty good, I have a friend who uses it on her horses when she rides.
Personally I can't stand it, within just a few minutes around it, the smell gives me a migraine... :bag:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Maybe that is why I quit using it. I used it for years. It seems like one of my kids-in-law couldn't handle it. I wore a bug repellant bracelet once and I was terribly ill for days! I don't want any bug spray or lotion on me. Any other natural rememdies?
Pretzelogical

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 am

Hopefully everyone has packed away their Bibles. Those will give such comfort to people who have been displaced and are living in awful situations. Might have already been mentioned, but this thread HUGE and I haven't read it all. :grin:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:58 pm

This thread is so long now . . . . . . Anyway, I told my son recently that he should have a bag ready to go at anytime. Or if not, at least make a list of what you may need and want with you for a week. And I don`t mean for the "end of the world as we know it", only.

Remember the Airliner that recently crashed into the residential neighborhood in Buffalo ? People were immediately evacuated from their homes, and not allowed to return for days. Now in all that excitement and adrenaline rush, it would be very hard to rush to put together everything you might need. Clothing, medicine, Bible, books, diapers, Gameboy`s, whatever.

I can`t count the times that areas have been evacuated for days at a time after a leak from a tanker, or from a truck, or a train derailment. And these accidents seem to become more common everyday. Then there are tornadoes and hurricanes, too. And Heaven forbid, a dirty bomb or Biological attack.

If nothing else, it would be prudent to make a list of what you would need, if it ever happens to you, so you won`t have to think while under pressure.
:2cents:

And,
Does anyone know the cheapest source to buy Bibles in bulk ?
Last edited by burien1 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby oldbeans316 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 pm

I have just been working on my "evacuation" bag. Only a couple more items I need till it is complete.

Last year, around the august-september time period when there was all that hype about the Mark Biltz lunar eclipse videos plus the plummeting DOW and AIG failure etc, I stored up a lot of food in preparation for the December-March months of Winter.

However, now that the harsh winter of Minnesota is over and spring is on its way, I gave away the majority of that stored food to the annual March food-drive at our church. I pondered for a while as to whether I should give it away to people who could use the food right now or whether I should keep it for the future if a possible complete economic collapse happens (If I did keep it for the future, it would be with the intention of not hoarding it away for myself, but to freely help my family and neighbours out).

However, I decided to give it away to people now, and I am very glad I did. But I will probably be doing the same thing again this coming winter. For if the economy collapsed, and we could no longer just go down the street to Cub to get food, then it would be extremely hard to obtain food during the winter here. Though if it was during the other months, then there are other possibilities (like fishing, hunting, or bugging out for a few days to a different state).

Plus, while it is obv a good idea to have some Bibles handy, it is even more important to have a tonne of God's word stored up in your hearts and minds, so that if you find yourself and others in a situation where no of you have a Bible, you still have one in your mind.
oldbeans316

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 am

burien1 wrote: And, Does anyone know the cheapest source to buy Bibles in bulk ?

This may not meet the approval of the group as a whole, but I went to the dollar store and bought many bibles for a dollar each. We have Dollar Tree here and they sell them for a dollar. IMO, these bibles will be crucial for people who don't own one, and in that case, small differences in the wordings from KJV to other translations will not be as critical to those without the first bit of knowledge, and "on the milk." Others will say that those minor translation differences make all the differnce in the world, and I do not disagree, but all things considered, I am happy with my purchase.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby imirish01 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:25 am

Good stuff here.

Careful regarding the night stick. It is illegal in CA, since it could be determined to be a "billy club." Felony at that. Crazy, but true. Carrying a loaded weapon in public (Misdemeanor), carrying a billy club (Felony.)
imirish01

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 am

Plus, while it is obv a good idea to have some Bibles handy, it is even more important to have a tonne of God's word stored up in your hearts and minds, so that if you find yourself and others in a situation where no of you have a Bible, you still have one in your mind.

I believe the more scripture we have stored in our brains, or that has passed before our eyes, the more the Holy Spirit brings to our minds remembrance of it, for every circumstance of life. But it`s a good reminder. Too many people put entertainment or books that enlighten, above reading the Word of God everyday.

Thanks for the info, Lisa ! :hugs:
burien1

Postby Adamantine on Thu May 07, 2009 10:31 am

This thread has gone quiet.
I find it hard to prepare now that 2 years have passed in the 7 of the ENP.
Makes one wonder if there is need.

Nevertheless at thy word Lord I will let down the nets though we have fished all night and caught nothing.

Such is the position I find myself in. I cannot find a "legal" argument that will yet allow me to say this was all a false alarm. I am iritated that I have not yet the definitive events to drop all questioning. In the meantime I let down my nets.
No speaking disrespectfully, or with contempt, about the President, his Office, or the United States government. We are to respect the authority God places over us. It's OK to disagree. Just do it with respect.

Those who look to liberty to provide anything other than liberty itself are destined to live in slavery.

Men must obtain Truth from the Word of God
Adamantine

Postby Small-Time on Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi Adamantine,
I have noticed that although there has not been many posts the views numbers keep climbing.
There is alot of info in these 8 pages that i think some keep coming back to. I continue to see a rise in food prices and now see preparing as an investment.From May of 2008 to May of 2009 I have seen the same bag of rice go from $3.50 to $5.60. No bank gives those kind of interest rates on savings :mrgreen:
Keep looking up,keep holding on and may God bless you. The Day of Rest is just around the corner :a2:
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu May 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Everything goes through cycles. Those who see a downturn coming, and prepare in advance, make it through the cycle better than those who did not prepare. During the great depression, my Granny Hazel's family ate dandelions to survive. My other grandparents bought my mom a baby grand piano for her fourth birthday in the middle of the depression! They saw the cycle coming, they looked to the ant, also to Joseph's example, and suffered the ridicule of those who thought the good times would never end. They were instrumental (piano - haha) in caring for widows, and continued that ministry all the days of their lives. (Grandpa said that piano was the only thing he ever bought on installments. He did so the shop owner would not have the instrument stolen, and to provide a weekly sum for food for the man and his family.)

We are obviously in a downturn cycle. We have been looking at its coming, and now it is here. We have all made various preparations even though it seemed foolish while things were going fine at this time last year. I do not regret any of the preparations I've done. I also don't mind telling folks, "I told you so" as things I warned of last year, have now come to pass. If this is just another cycle, we need to prepare to get through it, and come out on the other side having cared for those who did not prepare. IF this is the last cycle, then I will be especially glad I prepared. Had this current downturn not come, I would have praised God I was wrong, and continued to be a good steward of His blessings to us. Either way, if you are not prepared, you are not in a postiion to help others who have not prepared. We have been warned in advance, and we have been commanded to make the most of every opportunity for the sake of the gospel. Look to the ant and be wise.

"Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee." Best prep of all, agreed!
Pretzelogical

Postby Adamantine on Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Lack of discussion here suggests the preparation phasre is ending as those who think it needed are now done.
The rest think it unneeded. We wait.
No speaking disrespectfully, or with contempt, about the President, his Office, or the United States government. We are to respect the authority God places over us. It's OK to disagree. Just do it with respect.

Those who look to liberty to provide anything other than liberty itself are destined to live in slavery.

Adamantine

Postby daffodyllady on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:35 am

God has been laying heavily on my heart the need for spiritual preparation. Fasting and prayer. Purifying from the flesh, to get ready to stand before Him. Laying aside all those weights and the sins that so easily beset me.

No amount of physical preparationwill be able to carry a person all the way through to the end. It's spiritual prep that we need!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby wkc on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Ms DaffyLady,

Amen to that. I agree. More and more the Lord has laid it on my heart that spiritual preparation is what we need. Laying aside and letting go of the things of this world. We need to be willing to part with our homes and our possessions. We also need to realize that some of our family or friends may be taken home.

I still think we should try to keep some provisions set aside as the Lord enables us, but honestly, more than 30-90 days is just impractical for most. Besides, if this thing goes the way we think we may have years rather than weeks to try to survive.

I expect that in those days the Lord will work many wonders and miracles. There will be food, shelter and clothing for He knows what we have need of, I also believe that there will be plenty of healing where its needed. I believe that all of our old divisions and speculations will be supplanted with a true love of one another and fellowship.

I believe that hardship will refine us in ways that we never expected and the Lord will actually use us according to His will, rather than on our own efforts.

Still waiting.
wkc

Postby SueAnn on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I am happy to report that I will soon be taking delivery of an emergency toilet. LOL

We are in the process of rehabilitating our bathroom. Hubby cannot finish the floor without disconnecting the toilet. The emergency toilet system we just bought will enable us to finish the project without using our backyard as a bathroom while our toilet is disconnected.

It cost about $50. Emergency Essentials. Consistes of a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a toilet seat. We bought several boxes of the special "Double Doodie" liners.

When the project is finished, we will still have the emergency toilet to use in the event we lose the ability to flush in the future.

I might be a weirdo, but somehow having this stupid emergency toilet system makes me feel so much better prepared for the tribulation to come.

Call me crazy.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Adamantine on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 pm

A friend tells me the only way to get a pastor to listen to the possibilities we see here is ask for a meeting to imbibe of their wisdom. He says they do not like to have anyone act as tho they know something they do not know.
I suppose maybe it is honoring or is this approach deceptive?
I think spiritual preparation is needed.
That however is what all of our Christian walk to date has been for.

Adamantine

Postby casegreti on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:45 am

It is TRUE... "Daffodyllady" and "wkc"!! We have prepared quite a bit, as we have 7-8 kids still at home, plus Grandma just moved in. The Lord even worked in my husband to recently get a heavy duty trailer to haul with! I had been praying for that, in case we have to leave. But, no matter how much we prepare, we will still somehow be caught short. Either leaving things behind, or the "crisis" lasting into years. Our only true hope is in our God. "He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and abound], Isaiah 40:29.( I was amazed at the number of verses, in the concordance, referring to God's power!) God is Faithful to those who seek Him in true humility! These are NOT empty platitudes. My husband and I have experienced His mercy and provision many times during our 30+ years. To ALL of us who watch, may it be ~ that our hope is not in our preparedness, it is in GOD!
casegreti
casegreti

Postby xdrifter on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Gun- Ammo (Reloader is a real good idea for long term.. I suggest a 30-06, they are light enough to move around comfortable with, and pack enough punch at enough range to drop any game with big guns will drop,.)
Comp or Cross bow + arrows , very good idea for hunting in silence.. also arrows can be easily re-fletched...
Good knife, solid knife, like a K-Bar. keep in mind it should double as an axe, to cut firewood. thick enough for a lot of resharpening, ..
Sharpening stone,
wood carving tools (to widdle spoons, and plates and other tools from wood.)
outdoor clothing, thermal underwear, a good rain coat- durability is key
a good pair of durable boots
large sewing needle and strong thread, for mending your clothes, theyll need to last you three years. more importantly to stich yourself up,, stuff happens in the bush.
fishing hooks- line- \
FIshing Nets/ gilly net - Illegal, but very productive... in times of survival it is the best way to catch fish.
snares
seeds
a small pack shovel
magnesium fire starters (get plenty, also suggest learning to start fires with stick and bow, because u might lose your magnesium starters.... Being able to start a fire is one of the fundamentals to surviving in the wild)
a canteen (also for long term learn how to improvise water storage containers.. using an animals stomach for example, after harvesting an animal in the wild, nothing should go to waste.)
A hiking pack, with good comfortable straps, in the field your gear is your life, you need to me comfortable moving around with it.
a few clear garbage bags- tie around over green tree limbs to sweat some water from the leaves if your in a bind.
rope/string, for setting small game traps.
I suggest learning how to skin animals, and buy books on thatch work clothing made from pelts (look for old publications).. it is not hard to figure out when you need to, but there are tricks that you can learn from educating yourself ahead of time, that if you don't, you will have to learn the hard way,

speaking of that, there is a major tip.. read old publications, find old books, there are publishing companies that specialize in reprinting old literature.. and ultimately the experts of surviving the wilderness were the people who settled the North American frontier. Surviving in the Wild is not as bad as you'd think, and can actually be enjoyable if you are prepared mentally for it.

On top of basic survival there will be bigger things to worry about, like being detected by the powers that be.. In all likelihood you will be hiding in a provincial park or on Government land of some kind, so think of problems that might arise, and how you will avoid complications....For example, one suggestion is that you only burn, (cook, fire for heat, whatever) at night, and be sure you have cover for the flames, get yourself in some pines for cover, if you are in the National Parks surviving your fires and smoke will be visible to planes overhead, and there is always someone who will be doing fly overs.... You can find some rocks, and place them in your fires ambers while its burning by night then use them to heat your shelter by day, when you use rock heaters for the first time be cautious if you took them from a place where they might have accumulated moisture, they can blow up the first time around.... they will do a great job at heating your shelter, and will hold heat for those periods of time you cant burn because of visible smoke.... the more long term fix is to make a stone work+mud fireplace in an underground dug out but i imagine surviving trib as a more nomadic lifestyle, i dont think it is a good idea to stay in one place too long if your going to avoid detection.

plenty of salt, you will need it to survive.. Salt in your diet will help you lose less water. This is something you need to have ahead of time because it will be hard to come by later....

good to have some penicillin as well.. if you get sick out there, it is a good thing to have, since it attacks a broad range of viral infections. Again, not something you will be able to cultivate in the wild, and being sick out there could mean death.

learn what you can eat in the woods, there is food in abundance if you know what to go for..get books on bush craft traps, learn how to make deadfalls of different kinds.. something as simple as pine needle tea can keep u going through some hard times, but u need to know what a pine needle is... because other needles can produce poisonous resin... and are not safe to use.. get some books.
learn about alternatives to water filtration systems, they are good but be prepared should you lose yours, things break and get lost in the field there are different ways to cultivate safe drinking water, or 'safer' drinking water, by rain, or simply digging holes nearby certain parts of a free flowing river. using parts of a shirt, and charcol from your fire + sand, u can make some pretty good home made water filters.. there's some good books on this sort of stuff, id read some

The keys to short term survival is knowing the priorities, your #1 job is shelter, learn how to make good shelters and what to look for when making one because if you expend too much energy building a bad shelter, well, that's a double negative and you are wasting precious calories, #2 hydration, dehydration is the next thing that will kill you. #3 having confidence and staying calm, people not thinking straight is their undoing.... you can go a long time without food but if you do not keep your chest warm, and your body hydrated your toast, at the same time if you drink some bad water out there, and get sick, it can be the end of you, so learn how to safely cover those two angles first, then look at what sorts of food you can safely secure in the area you live...
Last edited by xdrifter on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton, 1642-1727

Remember me affectionately to good Dr. Price and to the honest heretic Dr. Priestly. I do not call him honest by way of distinction; for I think all the heretics I have known have been virtuous men. They have the virtue of fortitude or they would not venture to own their heresy; and they cannot afford to be deficient in any of the other virtues, as that would give advantage to their many enemies; and they have not like orthodox sinners, such a number of friends to excuse or justify them. Do not, however mistake me. It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic.
xdrifter

Postby xdrifter on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:07 am

There are a lot of things many people do not understand about the early Native North Americans, that could help them a lot. Many people do not realize there was logic behind their tight knit relationship with Nature, over the years many Native Americans have lost touch with the practicality of their traditions, and it has become more or less..... tradition...

Their emphasis on having a connection with Nature is important. Because if you understand Nature, you can better live in it.

some examples, you need water to survive, well so do the animals.... animals are very habitual, they will take the same paths, and feed, drink, and bed down in the same places, and usually at similar times (if they are not disturbed), if you stake out a water source, you can easily spot game (usually at dusk), see where it is cutting into the bush, and then find it's trail... animals use trails in the woods like we use roads. And sources of drinking water are hub points for all the animals of the area, a good indicator that there is larger game in an area is signs of smaller game... a food chain is necessary to support bigger game, so you can be sure if you see lots of little critters, there will be bigger ones in the area... animals lives are interdependent and they tend team together.

It is important not to over hunt one area, as you can really have an effect on it in a hurry. A good trap line, and having several hunting grounds you can pass by in a loop route that lands you back at your camp site is a good idea, it increases your odds of finding some action, and allows areas effected by you to not get too devastated, forcing you to move your camp closer to the action.

important things to remember, your scent, animals have a very strong sense of smell... it is important you place yourself down wind of the place you assume the animals will be coming from, (he will take the path of least resistance) keep the wind, and the direction your scent is being carried in mind.. Animals smell anything alien to them, Human smells will startle them.... even the sound of our walking scares them, because of the unfamiliar sound of Heal-to-foot, vs the noise of one contact a simple hoof makes.... you can learn to walk more like an animal, as the Indians did, and it will set off less alarms.....

speaking of alarms,, keep in mind nature is connected.... if you startle the birds, and they fly, all of the animals in the area are paying attention, and they will be long gone. Good practice is seeing if you can get around the forest without startling the birds.... a fun project too, because you will see wild life you have never seen before.

it does take some patience.
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamour and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton, 1642-1727

Remember me affectionately to good Dr. Price and to the honest heretic Dr. Priestly. I do not call him honest by way of distinction; for I think all the heretics I have known have been virtuous men. They have the virtue of fortitude or they would not venture to own their heresy; and they cannot afford to be deficient in any of the other virtues, as that would give advantage to their many enemies; and they have not like orthodox sinners, such a number of friends to excuse or justify them. Do not, however mistake me. It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic.
xdrifter

Postby xdrifter on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 am

Natives used the Pine Tree to save Jacques Cartier and his crew in the frozen St. Lawrence River (which they had re"discovered")

Pine needle tea is a good source of vitamin C, and will keep you from getting scurvy, the reason it is so worth mentioning, is because it is available even throughout winter months.

xdrifter

Postby wimsmom on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 am

With five children to care for my husband and I have really been moved by the spirit recently to lay in supplies (we are late in the game, but we'll do what we can!) We weren't really awake to the need before. God has always provided for us, but we want to be wise and look to the ways of the ant! I would love to have enough food to share with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm not quite sure how to prepare for that, but I couldn't turn other families in need away, even if it depleted my family's supplies. I would then be praying for loaves and fish miracles :grin: Thank you to everyone on this thread for all of the great ideas.
wimsmom

Postby emptyd on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:33 am

GodsStudent wrote:ENP1 OR NOT.....We have enough evidence that the economy and the news are not on the same page.

This same point is what did it for me also. In talks with my wife, children and others it became clear that the "clouds that are gathering" around us dicated wise, faith-filled response. Those clouds may have nothing to do with the return of the king, or they may be the fulfillment of his word. Either way it looks like a storm is gathering and I would be worse than an unbeliever if I didn't provide for my family.

We have developed a "filter" for preparation that relates to the 'redeem-ability' of any given preparation.

If a preparation can be redeemed immediately (more or less - short term) for what it cost us, we will do it (if able) unless God specifically says no. Food would fall into this category.

If a preparation can be redeemed soon (in months to years - medium term) for most of what it cost us, we will do it (if able) unless God specifically says no. Extra firewood falls into this category.

If a preparation can't be redeemed (ever, or for any significant % of the cost), we will not do it unless God specifically says do it. Many of the more exotic preparations fall into this category.

One of the traps I fell into in this process was defining 'redeem-ability' as getting my money back. (Whose money? Mine or God's?) Anyhow, I was praying about a particular preparation that in my opinion fell squarely into the 'nonredeemable' category. It was something we had done in preparation for y2k and also due to some environmental issues at that time. That item is now over in India, being used by missionaries in their ministry. When telling God I didn't think that same preparation would be good because it wasn't redeemable, the clear question came 'I redeemed the last one, didn't I?' Wow, I love it when he spins my head around and points me in a new direction. The fact that He directs me to something that is contrary to my thinking is one of the strongest confirmations I get that it is the lord speaking.

Food for thought,
emptyd
emptyd

Postby mark s on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:24 am

To All Participants in This Thread:

This is not a Debate Thread.

There are other threads available for debating this topic. Debate Posts are subject to removal from this thread, and continuing debate in this thread may result in warnings or other action.

Debate posts have been moved to HERE and HERE. Had a little trouble with the process . . .

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: Being Prepared Part Two

Postby Small-Time on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanx Mark for jumping in, this thread is long enough as it is without having to sift through the debating.
I would still like to make the appeal to anyone who has ideas,thoughts or knowledge about prepareing, to post. And to anyone who has questions about the same to ask.There are very knowledgable people on this site and people like me love to learn :mrgreen: .
Thanx to all and keep it coming!
May God Bless us all now, and in the days to come, according to his will.
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby casegreti on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 am

Sorry for my part in derailing the thread! Thanks for getting it back on track. We just had to get rid of our chickens. If we had a societal breakdown, we couldn't buy feed anyway. Has anyone tried and experimented using dried eggs? Are they only good for nutrition, or do they actually serve the purpose in baking?
casegreti
casegreti

Postby mguard on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:36 am

I don't want any bug spray or lotion on me. Any other natural rememdies?

I use Burts bee's oil, it has lemon and citronella and it works down here in South America so It should work up there too! It smells great and a little goes along way. Keep it on your ears.

We moved to Uruguay...That was/ is our prep........ so far so good....... as we both lost our busineses and our house will be foreclosed and since moving here my hubby got a job, miraculously, across the street from us doing something he has always wanted to do and making $1750 a month. Not an easy place to get a job, as the going wage is $3 an hr.

Just enough to take care of our family of 6. Thank you Jesus...He always provides... if we will be obedient.

I didn't know how much I would need the preparations He told us to make by coming here. So in many ways I am already living in my ark.
mguard

Postby burien1 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Here is a really good blog/site, 'The Preparedness Pantry';
http://preparednesspantry.blogspot.com/

And they are giving away a preparedness kit on the 18th.
burien1

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 am

I was lead, about 6 months ago, to start stocking up on food items and some bottled water. I get just 1 or 2 items nearly every time I go to the store. I don't have a huge stock-up, but it's a pretty good size and would get me through a couple of months.

I have a question -- How do you properly store rice, for long-term use? Is it okay to keep it in the plastic that it is sold in, or should you put it in some other container, such as glass?
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi WaitingforJesus.

In food storage, there are three main culprits that if you reduce their ability, increases the shelf life of your stored foods. Those are:

AIR, TEMPERATURE and LIGHT.

For example, if you store dried beans in an airtight container in the refridgerator you will increase their shelf life by at least 6 months. If you store them in the freezer, it is a year or more.

With this thought process in mind, any way you can reduce the above three primary culprits, you have done a great good for your stored foods. We bought air tight food grade plastic tubs, got sealing bags (made out of the silver material balloons are made out of), and air absorbers (those little absorber packs you see), and we put popcorn, rice, flour, sugar, beans and things like this in these containers for longer term storage. I don't put beans in my freezer, as the example above refers to, because they aren't expensive enough to warrant my paying the cost to keep them frozen, but the general premise proposed here applies to all things you want to store for longer times.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Many thanks for the tips, GS!!!

:angel:
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby Pretzelogical on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:25 am

I just wanted to thank all of you who, last year, encouraged the storage of canned goods!

I only use Stokley pumpkin for pies - it is the best. Sure enough, none of the stores in our area could get any this year due to the pumpkin shortage. We'll be having our pie and eating it too, thanks to you!

I am curious if any of you have Stokley pumpkin in your groceries?
Thanks again!
:hehe:
Pretzelogical

Postby Adamantine on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 am

Imagine a day when you cannot get any food with out a mark.
Pumpkin still on the shelf here so I bought some .

Adamantine

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Pretzelogical wrote:I just wanted to thank all of you who, last year, encouraged the storage of canned goods!

I only use Stokley pumpkin for pies - it is the best. Sure enough, none of the stores in our area could get any this year due to the pumpkin shortage. We'll be having our pie and eating it too, thanks to you!

I am curious if any of you have Stokley pumpkin in your groceries?
Thanks again!
:hehe:

I saw this on the news. Last year it rained too much, so they were not able to create a surplus last year because they lost too much of their crop. This year, it rained too much again, and since they didn't have a surplus from last year...what they did have went, and there will be no extra....Additionally, there will be no extra for next year since there was no surplus again this year.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Small-Time on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm

O.K. here's the question; if i walk into the store and by 10 gallons of corn oil, how long will it keep and does the types of oil matter in longevity?
Which would be better, like corn,vegetable, olive,etc for storing?
Thanx.
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby SueAnn on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Waiting4Jesus wrote:I was lead, about 6 months ago, to start stocking up on food items and some bottled water. I get just 1 or 2 items nearly every time I go to the store. I don't have a huge stock-up, but it's a pretty good size and would get me through a couple of months.

I have a question -- How do you properly store rice, for long-term use? Is it okay to keep it in the plastic that it is sold in, or should you put it in some other container, such as glass?

Waiting4Jesus,

I bought several huge bags of regular (not instant ) rice. I took them out of the plastic bag they came in and put them in large Lock & Lock containers that have wheels on them to make them easier to move around on a shelf. Lock and Lock containers are airtight and water tight (silicone gaskets). I bought mine from QVC (television shopping channel) but sometimes the brand shows up on my grocery store (they sell out quickly).
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Pumpkins...

I see so many thrown out after Halloween. What I have done, is to watch for those who were throwing them out, and ask if I could have them. I baked, pureed, and canned or froze them. I have more than enough, and quite low cost, too!

I ran an ad in a free-ad paper, asking for grapes that would go to waste. I got access to 3 or 4 wonderfully full vines. They made good juice to can.

People usually don't like to see food go to waste. Just ask if you see it.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby CaryC on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 am

Hey,

O.K. here's the question; if i walk into the store and by 10 gallons of corn oil, how long will it keep and does the types of oil matter in longevity?
Which would be better, like corn,vegetable, olive,etc for storing?
Thanx.

Crisco, that's all you need to know. The kind in the can, you know it's white when you open it. The can, can rust down but the Crisco will still be good. Don't even think of saving money by buying an off brand, for storage it's Crisco.

I did learn something about storage in the last couple of weeks. Ol' Glenn Beck has started telling everyone to start storing up goods, and one of the things he suggests is clothes. So I started thinking about it, and at just about the exact same time (since I don't believe in coincidences....) I learned that pants have different weights. I thought blue jeans were blue jeans, but they aren't. Most blue jeans are 7.5 to 8.0 in weight, cotton canvas runs about 10 oz, but cotton duck is 12.5 oz. Cotton Duck is very durable and long lasting. Can take a beating for long periods of time. Which in a melt down might be a good thing to have. Expect to pay more for 12.5 cotton duck pants.

Walmart does carry them but not in the mens section, they will be in the workclothes section, they have about 3 colors and are made by Dickies, run about 17.95. Carhart is the premium name, which some co-ops, feed stores carry, and of course Cablea's carry them too, at 35.00.

I got one I wear now, everyday banging around the house, honey-do list pants and a couple for backup, tags still on 'em in my hunting clothes drawer.

Another name for 'em is carpenter pants, but be sure to check the weight at 12 oz.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby Rebecca on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:04 pm

A great natural aid to protection from bugs is tea tree oil. They cant stand it plus it is also antibacterial and great for a multiple of things.
Rebecca

being prepared part 2

Postby Adamantine on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:01 am

The ENPI theory may appear to be failing but what is this all about and should people have at least a modest prpearation for more difficult times?

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/lo ... pring.html
?Honeybees continue to struggle for survival in Ohio and throughout the nation, putting in peril the well-being of everything from California almonds to backyard cucumbers.

sid=101http://wvgazette.com/Outdoors/JohnMcCoy/201003250518?page=2&build=cache
March 28, 2010 at 12:24 pm -

Jack Wallace, environmental resource specialist for the DNR's Wildlife Diversity Program, says white-nose syndrome stands to become "the largest wildlife threat on record."
"[The loss of bats to white-nose] could become even bigger than the population collapse that led to the extinction of the passenger pigeon," Wallace added. "The situation is sad, scary and frustrating. We only hope we can find a way to combat it before we lose most of the bats in the East."rch 25, 2010
March 26, 2010 Bats at risk
Fungus has killed more than a million
Page 2 of 2

Courtesy photo
Bats seldom recover from white-nose syndrome, a fungus that creates a telltale white ring around the animal's muzzle. First discovered in New York in 2006, the fungus has since spread to important hibernation caves in eastern West Virginia.
More media
Advertiser

"When that happens, you get bats literally starving to death or freezing to death while on the wing," Wallace said.
Infected caves can lose 90 to 97 percent of their individuals within a single winter. At that rate, it only takes a few years to snuff out an area's entire population.
Biologists worry that entire bat species - particularly Virginia big-ears, Indianas and others on the endangered list - could become extinct within a decade. As a hedge against that, researchers are capturing fungus-free live bats from caves and are hoping to breed them in captivity.
"So far, big-eared bats seem to be more resistant to the fungus that other species," Wallace said. "But just in case, we captured 40 big-ears from a cave in Pendleton County last October and sent them to the Smithsonian. Big-ears are notoriously difficult to keep in captivity, but about half of those we captured are still surviving. If worse comes to worst, those bats could be our hedge against extinction."
The proverbial horse has long since departed the barn, but scientists now believe they might have found the syndrome's source.
"The same white-nose fungus we identified here was identified in 1998 in a cave in France," Wallace said. "Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to cause bat mortality over there."
Researchers uncovered evidence that the fungus might have been transported from France to New York during a 2005 conference of cave scientists.
"Several of the caves on the conference's visitation list were the very same caves where the first cases of white-nose syndrome were discovered shortly afterward. The speculation is that it arrived on the clothing and gear of some of the conference's European participants," Wallace said. "It's as close to a 'smoking gun' as we have toward determining the root cause."
To prevent the disease from being spread by unwitting cave explorers, U.S. Forest Service officials have closed all caves located on National Forest lands throughout the East.
"We still get reports of people caving, but if those caves are on private property there's nothing we can do to prevent it," Wallace said. "All we can ask is that cavers explore no more than one cave a day, and that they go through a careful decontamination process afterward so the fungus can't be spread to another cave."
If all this seems like a lot of effort to preserve creatures humans seldom see - and aren't particularly fond of when they do - Wallace offers some sobering perspective:
"This is a major, major threat," he said. "Consider the agricultural impact. All our bats are insect eaters. They take care of a lot of agricultural pests that otherwise would need to be sprayed for. The same goes for forest pests. If we lose bats, which prey on these pests, we could be looking at major losses in our farm and forest industries.
We consider the situation very alarming, very frustrating. Four years into white-nose syndrome, we're still fighting to get a handle on it. We have some promising leads, but nothing definitive so far that allows us to manage against it."
Reach John McCoy at johnmc...@wvgazette.com

Adamantine

Postby burien1 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Read somewhere [?] recently, that there may be a severe grasshopper problem here this year, too.
burien1

Postby CaryC on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:45 am

Hey,

We may be living in a pocket, of resistance, so to speak, but our fruit trees are in bloom, the only thing that is, at the moment, and I've seen honey bees on them. It may even bee a bit early for them, since the cold weather is still around. We are coming out of winter pretty fast, here anyway, so would expect to see them.

Our plum and peach trees (2 each) have bloomed and are covered in ittzy bittzy fruit. The apple trees have just started blooming and are covered with blooms. This will be the second year for the 2 plums, one purple, one red (got to have 2 to have fruit, and they do better if they are a different kind--go figure), and for one peach tree, and one apple. Which produced in their first year, but were told to strip the fruit off to they will do better. Which we did, all but a couple, and those peaches were so good tasting that last Nov. we got another tree.

Also got another apple tree, this time a tart apple (red Johnathan) which is better for pies. The first was a Golden Delicious, which is a sweet apple. This one mostly for just eating.

Our plan is to eat fresh fruit to our hearts content, and then dry and can/jelly the rest. If a late frost doesn't get them. We're thinking it's a bit late even for that, so we're hoping we're good to go.

Having fruit trees could be a good way to prepare for hard times, and they are great to eat and cut expenses even now. One only needs about 10 square feet to have one. So even the smallest yard can accomodate one. I suggest buying one from your local nursery, instead of online. The will carry the variety best suited for your area. Some bits of info:

Depending on the type of fruit tree you want, some will require that you buy 2 trees so they will cross pollenate, others don't.
Consider buying dwarf trees. Our plum and peach trees are dwarf and won't get much over head high, which we are doubling them as privacy bushes, along the border of our yard. they are also prolific producers of fruit. The apple trees are semi-dwarf with an expected height of about 10 feet (think basket ball goal for height).
The cost to us was 25.00 per tree 2 years ago and 27.50 last year. I'm sure that will vary according to area and tree. They come aged to 5-7 years, so you don't have to wait for them to produce, as compared to planting a seed and waiting for it to grow.
Prepare to purchase your tree in November, yes November. They will bloom the following spring. For those in a more northern climate, it may be earlier, so check with your local nursery.
I would also highly recommend that you be prepared to do what is needed to make the tree a good tree, and produce fruit.
Meaning buy the stuff and do the stuff when it is needed, for example: root stimulator @ about 20.00 a pint, it's a hormone thingy which is great for the tree and once you buy a bottle you can use it on nearly everything, and you use so little of it, it lasts a long time. The right fertilizer, and put it on at the right time--Feb. 14 Presidents day, in most years, this year we waited until the first of March (a really cold year here), and then again in November to see it through the winter, but use the right fertilizer for the time. Spray for bugs with some good stuff to keep worms out of the fruit.

You don't have to do those things, and many people don't, but if you do, you will have a great tree with great fruit on it, and you'll enjoy it so much more.

My mouth is watering up now thinking about those peaches.

Hope that helps someone.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby CaryC on Fri May 21, 2010 7:25 am

Hey,

Anyone notice or watch Beck?

He's saying to stock up on food and ammo, as he is doing, and then he adds he has bought some gold, but mostly food and ammo.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby Mrs. B on Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 am

Being Prepared Part Two.....

I believe we need to be prepared......
First....Mentaily.....having our mind renewed by what the word says....
Because Jesus said....Matt. 24:21....For then shall be great Tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, NO Nor ever shall be.

22...And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:
But for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened....

We have to realize that these things are coming.....and be willing to prepare spiritually
having our mind renewed by what the Lord, or Word says

and obey what He is telling each one of us individually what to do...then do what the spirit of God is saying to you..
each of us....as individuals...

We all live in different locations......so consider this in this end times....
Jesus says in Matt....Matt 24:16...Then let them which be in Judea flee into the Mountanins:

flee to the Mountains?......
get out of the cities........this is going to effect the whole world....
so each of us have to seek the Lord for what He is telling each one of us to do...

We live in a rural area.....folks at one time wonted to store up food..
if someone comes with a gun to take your food......are you going to kill him or give him your food?
if we give our food to the enemy....THEN?
WE have to learn to use our faith that Jesus will take care of us...
So we need to Grow in Faith.....That nothing is impossible with God...That He, God is able to meet all our needs and to take care of us....One day at a Time...
But for the Elects sake....those days are shortened.....

If Jesus fed the Israelites in the Wilderness.....manna and the living water.....so He is Able to also feed us...If we will believe and trust Him....
Being Prepared....means Having our Minds renewed by the Word....and By Faith Believing He is Able....
We must believe this......that He is Able.

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby Loop on Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm

I believe we need to be prepared......
First....Mentaily.....having our mind renewed by what the word says....
Because Jesus said....Matt. 24:21....For then shall be great Tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, NO Nor ever shall be.

22...And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:
But for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened....

We have to realize that these things are coming.....and be willing to prepare spiritually
having our mind renewed by what the Lord, or Word says

and obey what He is telling each one of us individually what to do...then do what the spirit of God is saying to you..
each of us....as individuals...

We all live in different locations......so consider this in this end times....
Jesus says in Matt....Matt 24:16...Then let them which be in Judea flee into the Mountanins:

flee to the Mountains?......
get out of the cities........this is going to effect the whole world....
so each of us have to seek the Lord for what He is telling each one of us to do...

We live in a rural area.....folks at one time wonted to store up food..
if someone comes with a gun to take your food......are you going to kill him or give him your food?
if we give our food to the enemy....THEN?
WE have to learn to use our faith that Jesus will take care of us...
So we need to Grow in Faith.....That nothing is impossible with God...That He, God is able to meet all our needs and to take care of us....One day at a Time...
But for the Elects sake....those days are shortened.....

If Jesus fed the Israelites in the Wilderness.....manna and the living water.....so He is Able to also feed us...If we will believe and trust Him....
Being Prepared....means Having our Minds renewed by the Word....and By Faith Believing He is Able....
We must believe this......that He is Able.

Mrs. B

Another great post...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby MuchAfraid on Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for this confirmation of a prayer I have had before the Lord on how I am to prepare for the coming days!!! I kept thinking the same thing - that even if I store up all these goods, they can still come and steal them from me! I truly do think we, His children, will see miracles like manna from heaven if we are still here during those awful days.

Thanks again!
MuchAfraid

Postby daffodyllady on Tue May 25, 2010 5:45 am

This is also my belief...
We tend to lean upon the arm of flesh, in trying to prepare for hard times. But, even though God wants us to be diligent in working to do what we can, He does not want us to do it out of fear. First of all, to be prepared, we must be one of those that are mentioned in Daniel:
Those who do know their God, shall be strong, and shall do exploits!

We probably should learn to know what plants in the wild are good to eat, and which are poisonous. We probably should know how to garden and grow our own food. We probably should, if we can, buy land somewhere, to be ready for hard times... BUT first of all, and above all else! -we should get to know our God well enough, that we can hear His voice above our screaming fear, when the bombs are falling.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Next

Return to Economic/MOB Watch