Being Prepared

Economic and Mark of the Beast
prophecy-related information

Being Prepared

Postby Small-Time on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi All,
I started this thread to allow some of us to learn and share the ins and outs of preparing for emergencies. If you know about storing food and other essentials please share the tips. If you have questions ask. Please, Please, NO DEBATING weather we should store or not. I know some of you dont think we need to, but we can all learn to prepare for things like Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes etc. Thanx for any input :grin:
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby Small-Time on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 am

What are the basics to put away?
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby nickylouse on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:18 pm

1. water or water-purifying devices or chemicals

If you rely on civil services and they cannot or will not supply your needs for water, it is critical that you have your own or a way of getting your own.
nickylouse

Postby hoping for a brighter day on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Well, my mom had an idea for when the mark of the beast comes.

Her idea was to store on canned foods and a tent. When the MOB comes go out into the deep woods/deep part of the country.
hoping for a brighter day

GET TO KNOW INSIDERS AT THE STATE LEVEL

Postby El Gallo on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Get to know folks in the National Guard. Additionally, most states having State Defense Forces (eo Washington through Woodrow Wilson knew of them as "militias"), and they will accept nearly any able bodied person under 60. Those guys will know what is going on before anyone else, and will likely have access to military storage others may not.
Last edited by El Gallo on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby SueAnn on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:25 am

Elallo. you think the National Guard will help non-marked people?
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Swayde on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:07 am

SueAnn wrote:Elallo. you think the National Guard will help non-marked people?

The Christian ones will. God puts people where they need to be to serve His Will.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby El Gallo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Sue Ann,

The military is chock full of Christians. They will be there as long as they can. Kind of like coal mine canaries . . . .
El Gallo

BE MOBILE, WITH A GOOD QUALITY RV, AND CAMPING GEAR

Postby El Gallo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 pm

I am of two minds about getting an RV, that can make you pretty mobile, and allow you to instantly set up shop most anywhere. But of course you would need fuel, which might be in short supply.
Last edited by El Gallo on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Gallo

BE MOBILE AND FRUGAL, WITH A MOTORCYCLE

Postby El Gallo on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:13 pm

It is also a good idea to get one or two street-legal, but off road capable motorcycles. They are great for roughing it with the RV, and you can go to the market, wearing a backpack, on very little fuel.
El Gallo

Postby 2thes2 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Storing food in bulk is a good idea. If stores are empty or you are not allowed to buy, having a food supply is going to help you live. I'm thinking dry bulk foods, wheat, rice, oatmeal, dehydrated milk... There are numbers of websites that supply such items. Consider now for your loved ones future.
2thes2

Postby Soul'dOut4God on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 am

My family and I purchased a food supply that will store well for 20 years. Try http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/ and search in the index for "preparedness supplies" and then "security food pack". The Holy Spirit led me to 'stock up' about 2 years ago. I thought my family would mock me (and they did), but God has a way of silencing their hearts and mouths also.

In addition to the above, make sure you have water (1 gallon per person, per day of survival). Just store whatever amount you can; something is better than nothing. Put some bibles with the water because if you are not here, maybe a soul may be saved when they find your supplies.

Whether pre-trib or pre-wrath, natural disaster may enter your life before Christ returns for you. Preparedness can be classified as common sense and not spiritual fanatiscism.

Love in Christ.
Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Soul'dOut4God

Postby Small-Time on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:24 pm

:welcome: 2thes2!!

And thanx for all the input. From other posts i know some people are big into storing food and i hope they would chime in! For the average person who wanted to put away some rice or beans or store flour and sugar what is the best way to store them? Maybe some one would be so kind as to compile an essentials list. Thanx again for any input!
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby Loop on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Jerry Golden has some excellent info.

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/

Sorry, try this one to find where to go..
Last edited by Loop on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Swayde on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:13 am

Loop wrote:Jerry Golden has some excellent info.

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/images/top.jpg

That link is just for the logo, doesn't take you to the actual site.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby Loop on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:18 am

Try the new one. www.thegoldenreport.com

As you can tell , I'm not real computor literate, LOL!
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby John Gilbert on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:44 pm

I came across this a few years ago. Nutritionally sound, high in calories and fat. Pretty plain Jane, sure, but it's better than grazing in a pasture and it is an economic way to take care of one of your basic needs - food - for as long as any Christ loving person will need to eat it. I practice what I preach and it's not bad, easy to season, and serves as a base. Cook up a batch and then add/modify with whatever may be on hand.

--- --- ---

SCOTCH BROTH MIX

You'll need a large and long container, - we use the Rubbermaid ones which are approx. 4ft x 2 ft long. This will allow you to make up *batches* of 176lbs of soup mix at a time, which you then package in Mylar Bags w/oxygen absorbers, heat seal (we have a steam iron and a plank of wood 36" x 20" which we just smooth the bag out across and iron shut for a vacuum seal) and store in smaller Rubbermaid containers which each take the 176lbs you'll be packaging. The ones we use say they will hold 26 gallons (volume) and they cost about $6 each here. Not much more than a cardboard box from U-Haul.

You'll need to make it in 12 batches, - it's hard work to mix.
For each batch you'll need...

4 x 22lb (or 10kg) rice (any kind will do).
2 x 11lb (or 5kg) kidney beans
2 x 11lb (or 5kg) barley
2 x 11lb (or 5kg) lentils (yellow)
1 x 5.5lb (or 5kg) green split peas
1 x 5.5lb (or 5 kg) chick peas

Method:

Put in two bags of rice to mixing container
Then add each of the other ingredients 5kg at a time, mixing as you go. (Use surgical gloves or you'll have no nails left, LOL!).
When you have all the other ingredients mixed in with the first two bags of rice, add the last two bags of rice and *REALLY* mix well or you'll get all rice on the bottom of your mixture.

Then take 3 *large size* Mylar Bags and start scooping in mixture. We just use a 2 quart juice jug for a scoop. When you have it 2/3rds filled, add 2 oxygen absorbers and put plank over the mixing container and then spread the Mylar Bag tops over the plank and seal with a HOT steam iron. You should have a 3" seal at least. The mixture will fit nicely into the 3 Mylar Bags and we usually fill them and then seal them all at once so we can get the best seal possible. Then place Mylar bags into your 26 gallon container, label, and put lid on tightly. These are Rodent Proof and can be stacked three high. They should be kept in a cold dark place and they will keep for 20 years at least stored this way.

MAKING SOUP.

Take 12 oz of the dry mixture and put in about 6-7 quarts of water (with a nut of butter or a tsp. of olive oil to prevent soup boiling over) and add 3 tblspns (or to taste) of powdered soup stock. We like to use chicken stock.

Then add any veggies, meat, & seasoning you like. (We like to also put in lots of garlic) (DO NOT USE ONIONS - they'll spoil the mixture).

Bring to a boil and let simmer for two hours and you have enough soup for two days for 4 people.

On the second day you'll need to add some more water (it thickens in the fridge overnight) and another tblspn stock. Make sure to boil for at least 10 minutes the second day to kill off any potential bacteria, - especially if you are not storing in fridge, but just in a root cellar or like that in the event of no electricity in summer.

We make our own bread and have a thick slice fer dunkin' with a large bowl of this delicious soup and it serves as a main meal. You are FULL after just one (large size) bowl of this stuff.

Kids will usually only be able to eat half a bowl w/bread, or a small bowl, whichever you prefer. Adults will likely want a nice big bowl.

If there is any mixture left on the third day, just add the new mixture to it. You will need less of course, but you'll get to know how to gauge things as you go along catering to the requirements of your own little family.

If you make up one batch at a time, it'll cost you approx. $125 for all the ingredients, including 3 x 10lb canisters of powdered soup mix. (One for each Mylar Bag). That's very doable I think, and in no time you'll have your 12 batches or 2,112lbs of soup mix. (Do it over 12 pay-days, and if you are paid weekly, - you'll have your 10 year supply in just 3 months).

We buy ours all at once and just take a weekend and get it over with, - the packaging I mean. I get my Rubbermaid containers from Wal-Mart, both the long ones for mixing, and the small ones.

If you are going to store your soup mix in a garage, you might want to get those rolling Rubbermaid Garbage cans and use these instead of the 26 gallon containers. They have locking lids, can be wheeled around and are water and Rodent Proof. Only RUBBERMAID products *guarantee* that they are Rodent Proof, so I rarely buy anything else. The Rubbermaid Garbage cans are twice as expensive as the 26 gallon containers, and can't be stacked, but if you have a lot of room in your garage and don't like lifting, they may be the best choice for you. Remember, - either way, you'll have 12 containers with 176lbs of soup mix in each. They don't need to be rotated.
We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-6 NASB
John Gilbert

Postby SueAnn on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:08 pm

John Gilbert,

Have you done this yourself?
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Well I am proud of myself. I started buying a little extra food. Nothing for long term, yet, just canned goods and bottles of water. I set up a shelving unit to store it and keep track of what needs to be eaten and replaced.

It's a tiny start, but I am amazed at how much better I feel, emotionally.

So far I have only bought things for which I have grocery coupons or which are on sale (4 for $1 type things). this way I am not feeling a horrible financial crunch all at once.

I know I need to invest in rice/barley, etc in large quantities...but as I said, I am starting small for now.
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm assuming that the type of emergencies mentioned in the OP ( Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes, etc.) will leave many without electricity and therefore no refrigeration or cooking appliances. In that case, wouldn't canned food be best?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby SueAnn on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 pm

I heard that canned food only has a shelf life of 1 year (with some exceptions), so if food is being stored to last through 3-1/2 years of tribulation, canned food will not be the way to go. That is why I stated that this is "short-term" emergency food.

I am still trying to figure out what to do for the long haul.

I agree with those that say,"hope for a pre-trib rapture, but prepare for a pre-wrath rapture".
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:06 pm

SueAnn wrote:I heard that canned food only has a shelf life of 1 year (with some exceptions),

That's what my understanding is, but in another thread on the board, a member said she has stored canned food for up to 3-4 yrs. and found it to be still edible and safe. I'm pretty sure it was CarpentersDaughter if you wanted to pm her.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby proparent on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:40 pm

There are some sites where you can buy "super pails" of various things like rice and beans or grains. They are stored in 5 to 7 gallon pails with oxygen absorbers and are good for 20 to 30 years or so. A site called Emergency Essentials is one where you can purchase these things. We got a few pails from them recently.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby sands on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:15 am

Freeze dried foods may work well...Just add water.
sands

Postby John Gilbert on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:01 am

proparent wrote:There are some sites where you can buy "super pails" of various things like rice and beans or grains. They are stored in 5 to 7 gallon pails with oxygen absorbers and are good for 20 to 30 years or so. A site called Emergency Essentials is one where you can purchase these things. We got a few pails from them recently.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa

Yes, you are correct. However, my instructions are how to make these exact concoctions yourself, 25 cents on the dollar.
We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

John Gilbert

Postby John Gilbert on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:08 am

SueAnn wrote:John Gilbert,

Have you done this yourself?

Yes, I have done this myself. A little at a time. My wife and I make a night of it. The trickiest part is the oxygen absorbers. You have to buy them by the box, and that means you need to have enough of the other materials to use up the whole box of oxygen absorbers or I'm afraid they'll be of no use after an hour or so of exposure. That's my fear at least, so I've made these batches up accordingly.

One last tidbit, check your initial results after a week. The oxygen absorbers create a vacuum effect inside the mylar bag and it sucks in on itself. In a couple of instances I've had a mylar bag be punctured I suppose by the sharp end of a corn kernel. No big deal though. I just ate the stuff and I'm glad I did. If you're serious about this, you would do yourself well to eat it every couple of weeks so that your body becomes accustomed to breaking down the barley.

Like I said though, the stuff tastes okay, is easily modified with adding meats, veggies etc., is high in nutrition, and is better than having to resort to grass salads!

John Gilbert

Postby 2thes2 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks for the welcome Small-Time
Since I've been learning about the potential need of being prepared, I've started putting it into practice. As already mentioned here the site "Emergency Essentials" is about the best I've found to buy bulk supplies from. You can get buckets and freeze dried food in cans. Check it out.
2thes2

Postby El Gallo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Do we have anyone who has worked in a bank? My question is, whether safe deposit boxes can be locked down by the Feds if there were a "bank holiday" as in the Great Depression? I have to wonder if the Feds have any control over this private storage contract b/t me and a bank?
El Gallo

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Regarding the question about the banks and also as to anti hoarding laws, I wanted to share what I had found on the internet.

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Exec.Orders/EOs.html

DISCLAIMER: Any findings of law or conclusions reached are those made by the user, and information provided on Millennium-Ark or Noah's Ark concerning state or federal law is for information and research purposes only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Can Our Government Really Tell Us How Much Food and Supplies We Can Keep?

The short answer is YES, in a roundabout way. Due to numerous discussions questioning the existence of federal anti-hoarding legislation, I wanted to see if such Executive Orders had been written. First and foremost, we do not want to suggest people store items beyond "legal limits" if such limits did exist. Second, we want to separate fact from rumor buzzing around the Internet which has only added to the confusion. This search has yielded no federal legislation aimed directly at prohibiting food storage. But this does not mean "hoarding" is legal, and here's why.

So What Exactly Is An Executive Order?

Executive Orders (EO) have been used by presidents since the days of George Washington. The first EO addressed Washington's normal household expenses which ones were be accepted and paid by the Treasury Department. Pretty innocuous. The FBI was formed under an executive order by Teddy Roosevelt on July 26, 1908. The first time it was used to make a law was in 1916 by President Woodrow Wilson. It was said to be an 'emergency' measure and Congress was encouraged to validate it. They did and now the door was now open to ignore the Constitution. This is the same method used by Franklin Roosevelt in 1933 to close all the banks in the country. Americans were ordered to turn in all their gold to local banks. :shock:

The general purpose of an executive order is to provide the President with a mechanism for executing laws passed by Congress, not control of lives. These EOs are issued by the President as directives to agencies responsible for implementing laws.

However, some presidents take Executive Orders too far confusing EO with executive lawmaking. This "rule by executive order" observation was made no clearer than by Paul Begala, a former Bill Clinton aide: "Stroke of the pen. Law of the land. Kind of cool."1

While Begala thought this action "cool", others did not. House Majority Leader Dick Armey said, "With the stroke of a pen, he may have done irreparable harm to individual rights and liberties." He went on to add, "President Clinton seems bent on using his powers until someone says stop. President Clinton is running roughshod over our Constitution."2 NOTE: December 12, 2001, Dick Armey announced retirement at the end of his 2002 term.

Since the U.S. Constitution places responsibility for executing laws in the hands of the President, issuing EOs is an appropriate means of carrying out the responsibilities IF they are within the bounds of the Constitution. President Kennedy, during his short time in office, signed into law 214 Executive Orders. Numerous Kennedy EOs have brought about positive changes for the American people such as:

11063 - Equal Opportunity in Housing

10914 - Food Distribution to Needy Families

11022 - Council on Aging

11925 - Equal Opportunity in Employment

These Kennedy EOs have a distinctly different flavor though aimed at preserving individual rights, not usurping them. Many EOs overstep Constitutional authority and consequently, are an exercise of unconstitutional power.

So Where Do Anti-Hoarding Laws Come In?

These ideas of anti-hoarding legislation may have stemmed from two areas of confusion:

First is from Executive Orders in place dating back to 1939 which Clinton has grouped together under one order, EO #12919 released on June 6, 1994. The following EOs all fall under EO#12919:

10995--Federal seizure of all communications media in the US;
10997--Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private;
10998--Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment;
10999--Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways;
11000--Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires;
11001--Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private;
11002--Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US
11003--Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft;
11004--Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as "unsafe," establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds;
11005--Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private;
11051--Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of "National Emergency").

These EOs are not aimed at anti-hoarding but rather at seizure or confiscation of items and facilities "to provide a state of readiness in these resource areas with respect to all conditions of national emergency, including attack upon the United States." You'll find most 'seizure' legislation ends with this phrase. These Executive Orders don't define what specifically constitutes a national emergency and maybe this is as it should be. The specifics on hoarding are left up to the individual states.

What Is FEMA's Role?

EO #11051 is interesting; it authorizes FEMA near-total power in times of crisis. There's been lots of discussion on the Internet regarding the excessive control FEMA has been granted and it was pointedly commented upon in July's world premiere movie release of the "X-Files".

FEMA was created by President Carter under Executive Order #12148. Its legal authorization is Title 42, United States Code 5121 (42 USC Sec. 5121) called the "Stafford Act." During activation of Executive Orders, FEMA answers only to the National Security Council which answers only to the President. Once these powers are invoked, not even Congress can intervene or countermand them for six months.

What Clinton, or Reagan, or any other president did when writing an EO, was to direct his Cabinet member(s), in this case FEMA, to take specific action to carry out the directives of the EO. Where Jimmy Carter had created FEMA by Esecutive Order in 1979, Robert Safford took it a step futher and pushed a bill through in 1988 that made it law. This legislation made FEMA a bonafide department like Justice. Where the EO is critical to the USC (United States Code) and Title 50, is in interpreting the law how that department or FEMA, should conduct itself when declaring they will tell the states, national guard, military forces, or whomever, to confiscate extra hoarded food or medical supplies or whatever...

We must also consider any PDD (Presidential Decision Directives) Ok, so who will determine how much food we have in our house - why FEMA of course. And the amount depends on the need of all...not your needs or my needs...but the "welfare" of the the needy.

Bottom line? Clinton delegated authority to FEMA to run the show however it sees fit if he declares a national emergency. Who will determine how much food we can have in our house? FEMA. And the amount depends on the needs of all...not your needs or my needs...but the "welfare" of the needy.

Many people have balked about FEMA's extensive authority, but think about it, what other agency has the manpower to cover and implement aid? As it is, FEMA still does not have the manpower to control every city all over the US in times of crisis. Chances are they would only be dispatched to larger metropolitan areas where more crowd control might be needed. Lots of people suggest darker reasons for their existence, but this site is only addressing anti-hoarding legislation, nothing else.

EO #11051 covering "economic or financial crisis" certainly would have terrorism implications as well. An emergency does not have to be defined as another Hurricane Hugo or massive Midwestern flooding.

State Legislation's Role in Anti-Hoarding

The other area where anti-hoarding confusion might have arisen is state legislation. Most states have chosen to enact their own anti-hoarding laws. That means some states may not have such laws, others do and not all are uniform. However, uniformity of state law is something governors are striving for under the Interstate Compact Agreement. The Compact Agreements, much like Executive Orders for the president, really don't require voters' input. They are law if the legislature doesn't object, much like Congress that has 30 days to object to an EO before it becomes law.

At times of "declared emergencies", each governor cedes (gives over) authority of his/her state to the federal government. When a governor declares it for his state, he becomes the delegated representative of the federal government according to an Interstate Compact Agreement. Bottom line, even though federal legislation does not directly address anti-hoarding, goods can be seized if national circumstances are felt to warrant it whether or not amounts stored are deemed excessive in your state's eyes.

How Can I Find The Legislation for My State?

Since these anti-hoarding laws are not federal in nature, one would need to look at Titles for his/her own state. These statutes should be located under Public Safety laws or titles. For specific URLs go to State Legislation Locator. To locate information for your state, look for laws about:

Blood Typing
Disaster Preparedness
Emergencies
Hoarding
Injections
Martial Law
Militia
National Guard
Public Safety or Public Welfare
State Militia
State Police Force
Hawaii As A Specific Example of Anti-Hoarding

For Hawaii, this information will be found in Title 10 under "Public Safety". It is located after legislation on militias, state guard troops, etc. Then you find the jewel... In Hawaii you are considered a "hoarder" if you have more than one week's provisions on hand BUT you have to dig to uncover this information. Here is a specific example:

"HAWAII REVISED STATUTES REVISED 1997, Title 10:

(1) Prevention of *hoarding, waste, etc. To the extent necessary to prevent hoarding, waste, or destruction of materials, supplies, commodities, accommodations, facilities, and services, to effectuate equitable distribution thereof, or to establish priorities therein as the public welfare may require, to investigate, and any other law to the contrary notwithstanding, to regulate or prohibit, by means of licensing, rationing, or otherwise, the storage, transportation, use, possession, maintenance, furnishing, sale, or distribution thereof, and any business or any transaction related thereto."

Committee Notes? Huh?

In the actual Title document for Hawaii, you will not find the specifics for what length of time constitutes "hoarding" nor an amount. Instead, you must look at the committee notes which describes it as the opinion that one week's supplies per person is considered adequate food provisions. It is not spelled out what those provisions shall consist of or how much is considered "adequate" until you get to the committee notes.

You will probably have to "dig" for the committee notes as well. Lynn Shaffer, our legislative interpreter, explains committee notes this way. "When the legislature agrees that a law or statute is needed to effect certain governmental goals to prohibit or encourage civilians to respond in a particular way, that statute has attached to it (you will see it printed in the law books) what is called "committee notes." The courts, when making a determination of how the statute is to be interpreted and applied to the case before it, looks to "legislative intent" or what was recorded in the committee's notes when the bill was meandering its way through the legislative process."

OK, So If I Hoard, Then What?

Again using Hawaii's Titles as an example, any items in excess of what legislation has deemed appropriate to store (in Hawaii's case any amount over 1 week) is subject to forfeiture and may be confiscated, ordered destroyed or may be redistributed for public use. See exact text below:

"128-28 Forfeitures. The forfeiture of any property unlawfully possessed, pursuant to paragraph (2) of section 128-8, may be adjudged upon conviction of the offender found to be unlawfully in possession of the same, where no person other than the offender is entitled to notice and hearing with respect to the forfeiture, or the forfeiture may be enforced by an appropriate civil proceeding brought in the name of the State. The district courts and circuit courts shall have concurrent jurisdiction of the civil proceedings. Any property forfeited as provided in this section may be ordered destroyed, or may be ordered delivered for public use to such agency as shall be designated by the governor or the governor's representative, or may be ordered sold, wholly or partially, for the account of the State. [L 1951, c 268, pt of 2; RL 1955, 359-25; HRS 128- 28; am imp L 1984, c 90, 1]"

It's The Pits Everywhere!

Before you say "I'm outta here! Book me on the next flight to Australia!", let me share a couple tidbits with you. Asking Stan where one might find anti-hoarding legislation for Australia he replied, " it probably isn't available to the public if it exists."

It is not just Americans who may be under the gun for seizure activities by the government. Right here, right now in Ballarat, three things have come to light last year:

1. If rain becomes scarce again, there is legislation waiting to be signed which will put usage taps on private water bores on private property. Again this is pending legislation since rain has not become critical in Ballarat - yet. Legislators are hesitant to pass this bill as it will be met with much resistance from the farming community, but it's in the wings.

2. Water bores on private property must be registered with the shire (county) and aerial photos are taken of all bores and dam reservoirs.

3. This last piece of interesting news was shared by our neighbor who has lived in Ballarat for decades. It should be the least popular measure so far. If another drought came to this area, private water tanks will be metered and taxed for usage! It's a good thing it wasn't fly season as hearing this made my jaw hit the pavement. The alternate plan, equally unpalatable, is to assess current rainfall levels and tax the owner by the size his tank(s)!

What I think of this is not printable on the Net. Here we've purchased the property, the tanks themselves and paid for installation of same and filled them with FREE rainwater for which we may be taxed for our prudence. This is truly amazing since as I write this section, we're gazing at moss growing on our trees and brick sidewalks. So what really is being set up?

Before you think America has gone to hell with rights' forfeitures, remember your friends across the ocean. America is no more ridiculous than this, if you discount Zippergate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now, many of you in other countries may be wondering what your own legislation says about hoarding. If you have documentable information, we will be happy to upload it to this page, but I simply don't have access to it. It was "interesting" enough navigating the U.S. legislation, but imagine being a "dern furiner" ("darned foreigner") trying to find information in another country. Any material may be submitted anonymously but hearsay will not be accepted.

EOs have not been widely publicized but you can get copies of them. They are all printed in the U.S. Federal Register and have the force of law when activated by a president. You can contact your congressman for information on how to get copies of these EOs, or check your local library.

1James Bennet, "True to Form, Clinton Shifts Energies Back to U.S. Focus"; New York Times, July 5, 1998
2Kerby Anderson Commentary Executive Orders; November 2, 1999; http://www.probe.org/docs/c-executive.html

Executive Orders Links

...What Has YOUR State Legislated On Food Storage?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information may be used by you freely for noncommercial use only with my name and email address attached.

Holly Deyo: holly@standeyo.com
http://standeyo.com
Contents © 1996-2008 Holly Deyo. All rights reserved.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bertienesbitt on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:47 pm

hi, i was actually about to start a thread on this all.....cause i have felt in my heart now for a while to start putting supplys away for the tribulation...i love to learn more....

i came across this site

http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1205962695

berty :armor:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.
(Isa 9:6-7)
bertienesbitt

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 pm

:welcome: :wavewelcome: Bertienesbitt !

YSIC
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby proparent on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Just a thought, with the bees disappearing and all, I wonder if maybe we should be putting aside honey? It looks like it could become a rare and expensive commodity soon.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 pm

proparent wrote:Just a thought, with the bees disappearing and all, I wonder if maybe we should be putting aside honey? It looks like it could become a rare and expensive commodity soon.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa

I'm a big supporter of storing honey as it dosen't go bad. Wheat also stores indefinitely. I have found in my shopping that GOYO products have a long shelf life. I have also noted that canned Salmon stores for several years and canned meats in general store longer. Dehydrated veggies and freez dried fruits are pretty good choices.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 pm

GodsStudent wrote:I'm a big supporter of storing honey as it dosen't go bad.

Hi GodsStudent,

I've seen honey crystalize before. Why does that happen? Do you know?

Dehydrated veggies and freez dried fruits are pretty good choices.

I know some of the dried products seem like good choices, but what happens in the event of no electricity or means to cook them? Just wondering since I never see anyone mentioning that possibility.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Glad you asked! Honey crystalizes fast or slow depending on the floral source from whence it came. This dosen't mean its bad. In fact, to melt those crystals, all you need to do is put it in a hot water bath (still in the jar). Dont microwave or boiled water as these will burn the honey.

Also, IMPORTANT.....DO NOT FEED HONEY TO BABIES. This can cause infant botulism, which is a rare but very serious disease.

As to dehydrated fruits and vegetables: Fruits that have been freeze dried are said to taste really good. Dehydrated vegetables are said to taste good....of course, this is a popular opinion statement more than factual observation. With each, adding water is all that is needed to rehydrate them. Stock up on waterproof matches and lighters because no matter what happens, fire isn't going anywhere and we dont HAVE to have electricity to cook these things.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, I'm glad I asked also!

:thankyou:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I've actually done a lot of research on this issue for my own peace of mind. This post could be lengthy, but is a summation of what I have learned and I want to share it if it may benefit you or others. I went to the mormon church websites to learn about their 1 year food storage plan, I went to sites that discuss food storage and also sites that discuss nuclear preparedness. I've been doing quite a bit on this in the past months and I have created two lists for my own use to help me organize myself. I would like to share those lists as well as a few notes.

Disclaimer: This information is not derived from my work and I am not a scientist, doctor, expert or even qualified layman in any area. To confirm my research, you would need to do your own. Reliance on this information is at your own risk.

Nuclear Attack Notes:
First: Its a good idea to understand at least the basics of a nuclear attack. Knowing how to make a make shift bomb shelter is essential ahead of time as you CAN survive! If you dont have an "official" bomb shelter, any steps you take to know what to do will go a long way in reducing the horrible effects in the event you aren't lucky enough to be absent from the body (and present with the Lord :a2: ).
Here's a link, I hope it works: http://www.ki4u.com/free_book/s73p906.htm
The most important thing for you to do now and know is that you must acquire the potassium iodine tablets because while you may survive, noone will fair well without these. Its a thyroid issue and many, many survivors will have thyroid problems if a nuclear bomb goes off!
Secondly, the below list I provide of non food items is significant to this type of an event. You dont know who is going to have what type of problems (medically) and whether or not you will have power....so....be prepared if you can. Also, I have both a battery operated and hand crank radio from walmart (not expensive).

Water:
I buy Hawian Punch and other juice now. Whatever's on sale. When we consume the juice, I wash out and store water in the bottles. I also went to the bulk items store (Sams Wholesale for me) and started buying the cheapest bottled water in the cases, and I buy one or two every time I go. Water is essential to survival and it takes about a gallon a day to sustain a person. For treating water, add the following to water to chemically treat it if you cant boil it:
1% bleach add 40 drops to a gallon
4-6% bleach add 8 drops to a gallon
7-10% bleach add 4 drops to a gallon
20 drops IODINE (2%) to a gallon of water (you can get this at drugstore)
I also bought a water purifier pitcher and numerous tablets. Even if you bleach the water, the dead ameoba, bacteria strains and such should be filtered out of the water by running through this pitcher (in my opinion).
Leave the top off water for one day to allow the chlorine gases to evaporate from it.

Food:
I have learned that sugar, honey, unprocessed wheat all have indefinite shelf life if stored properly. One thing to note about storing any food is that the culprits are air and temperature. Food stored in any temperature will stay longer as the temperature gets cooler. Protect food from moisture if storing in the refridgerator or freezer. A little research done can teach you how to dehydrate or freezdri your own foods at a lesser cost than ordering from preparedness sites. Conversely, canning foods gives them a nice shelf life!
My list of food items is a list I prepared for myself. In addition to buying these items, you might want to look into having some of the dehydrated and freez dried and home canned items.
Heirloom seeds are essential and must be ordered from a place that carries them. Here's one such place http://www.heirloomseeds.com/
Heirloom seeds are not modified and we will need them in a situation where we cannot obtain food commercially. These will produce seed again for the following years crop. You'll notice that I put on my list PLANT GRAPES NOW! Grapes do not require pollination, so ....no honey bee crisis will interfere. Likewise, olives do not require polination, so if you live in an area where olives can be grown, get em' in the ground. :wink:

How to store all of this without it going bad:
First things first....you never need to throw food out. The food banks are running out of food within the first two weeks of each month....always take things you wont use or dont need to them, please.
Second, you must be organized about this as you will get seriously overwhelmed if you dont get a strategy in place to circulate your food a few months prior to expiration dates in order that nothing ever spoils. I always label the packaging of everything with a Sharpie and put its expiration date on it. Then, I box it in 3 month incriments and rotate my boxes with the soonest expiring box on the top and further off expirations on the bottom. Important: When you go to shop, go somewhere like Walmart where they are continually stocking their shelves with new stuff (it'll last longer). Also....look at the expiration labels when in the store. Through experience I have learned that you will very frequently see two jars of something side by side in the store and their expiration dates will be 6 months apart. I dont put anything in my buggy that I might want to store without first checking to ensure I have bought the one with the best expiration date label!

I have not made any arrangements on my lists for babies as I dont have one. Please take care of adding this to your list....sorry.

This is all I can think to add ahead of putting my own "personal list" on the board. Please ask any questions about my list that you have. This is not the be all/end all list....its just a great place to start.

Here's the food items:
CONDIMENTS AND SEASONINGS:
Grains-300 lb pp. Several items fall into the grain category
HEIRLOOM SEEDS-non hybrid seeds. This is a must for growing your own.
PLANT GRAPES NOW!!!!

White Sugar (100 lb pp) Brown Sugar Powdered Sugar Honey
Molasses Splenda Salt 15 containers Pepper Chicken Bouillon Cubes
Beef Bouillon Cubes Flour (50 lb pp) Dry Milk (75 lb pp) Dry Yeast
Baking powder (2 lb pp) Baking soda (3lb pp) Cornstarch (2 lb pp)
solid vegetable shortening (12 lb pp) vegetable oil (20 lb oil pp)
Olive oils (12 lb pp) Peanut Oil (12 lb pp) Vinegar
Mustard Mayo Ketchup Relish Worstershire
Soy sauce Chocolate Chips corn meal (grain) oatmeal (grain)
butter flavor molly mcbutter

CANNED ITEMS:
(Vegetables-250 lb pp) (Fruits-160 qt. pp) Tomatoes-sauce
Tomatoes-paste Tomatoes-stewed Green Beans
Corn, creamed Corn Soup Milk (100 lb pp)
Jelly Apples cheese

NUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER
Peanut Butter (10 lb pp) Canned nuts (2lb pp)

DRINKS AND DRINK MIXES:
juices (100% juice, not cocktail)
Tomato Juice

DRIED PACKAGE GOODS/MIXES:
cake mixes (grain) muffin mixes (grain) pancake mixes (grain)
rice (buy 20 lbs) (grain) Pasta (grain) dry soup
Gelatin Pudding mixes (1 lb pp) 100 lbs dried beans pp
Dried Lima Beans- goes towards 100 lbs Dried Navy Beans-goes towards 100 lbs
Dried Pinto Beans-goes towards 100 lbs popcorn
candy cream of wheat

MEATS:
canned tuna spam dried beef Vienna Sausages
Canned Chili Canned Ham shelf stable bacon

Here's the non food items:
Can opener(heavy duty) Bleach (24gal) laundry detergent
feminine products pepto bismol cough syrup
tylenol calamine lotion kaopectate
ipecac syrup sunscreen bandaids
antibiotic ointment ace bandages (2) steri strips
toothpaste floss razors
shaving cream gauze patches swabs
cotton balls steri tape sewing kit
cord, twine and light rope flashlights batteries
paper towels aluminum foil heavygrade garbage bags
freezer bags soap deoderant (unscented)
toilet paper Shampoo conditioner
vitamins (buy extra c and calcium)
Candles matches
bandages for burns butterfly sutures or leukostrops
cold/hot pack, reusable dental floss epsom salt
eyedrops Rubber gloves 12 pr insect repellant
alcohol Masks (3M N95 particulate disposables)
wipes Liquid soap antacid
anti diarrheal tinactin, etc. benadryl
anti toxin (DMSO) hydrocortisone exlax/ dulcolas
decongestant prep h ibuprofin
lip balm Ky jelly tylenol
vaseline Gynelotrimin
Radiation Protection (Potassium Iodine or Potassium Iodate)
water purifying tablets
water purifiers

“Camping Gear, General Supplies”
36 candles fire starters fuel refills fishing equipment
12 hr. light sticks butane lighters plastic sheeting or tarps
propane lanters snake bite kit??? Space blankets
waterproof matches HEAVY trash bags
2 buckets with lid (5 gallon) camping potty heavy duty work gloves
$1000.00 cash solar, hand cranked radio (we have battery powered already)
short wave radio (extra batteries) disinfectant steel wool pads
wind up clock firearm and ammunition hunting knife
magnifying glass fire extinguisher hammer

This oughta get you going in the right direction if you feel that these types of preparations are prudent.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:37 pm

NUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER

Just make sure that those Canned nuts (2lb pp) are ALMONDS and WALNUTS!
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:52 pm

:eek: all this sounds like a full-time job to me.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby John Gilbert on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:00 am

It's no different really than life 160 years ago.

John Gilbert

Postby SueAnn on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Ready1 wrote:
NUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER

Why?
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby bertienesbitt on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 am

i like that list...

What freezing meats....how long would they last???
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.
(Isa 9:6-7)
bertienesbitt

Postby CaryC on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 am

Hey,

I like this thread, glad you pinned it.

A couple of things to bear in mind.

Anticipate that a survival time is going to be mentally trying and depressing. So to help with that, store food you will eat. A lot of storable food will gag you, so when you try to eat it in a survival situation it will grow in your mouth, and you will eat less at the very time you need to eat good, because of the extra physical work for living 160 years ago.

I think trying to store food or water for 7 years is unrealistic and costly. Try to prepare for a transition period. Store 3-6 months worth of stuff. Think along the lines of stepping down. Today we live with all the modern conveniences and the end result could be cooking on open fires outside, and outhouses. What is it going to take to go from here to there. The end result could be getting water from local streams and lakes. OK, you're either going to have to move there or bring the water to where you are. OK What is it going to take to do either one? Do you have what it takes on hand now to do it. Forget about buying it then. Don't forget water is heavy. What will it take to cook outside. Don't think your regular o' cook ware will cut it, it won't. And baking, do you know how to bake on an open fire? Cast iron will work nicely, and a cast iron dutch oven bakes good. Don't think all this will come naturally either. Go ahead start a fire without matches, put your seasoned cast iron Dutch oven in the fire and bake up some biscuits. Make a night of it, with roasted marshmellows, maybe a stew or grilled burgers, the kids will love it. They don't have to know you're on a learning curve.

Remember this: in survival mode the most important thing is shelter, next comes water, and then lastly food. Know how to build shelters, but the easiest is to buy a tent, now and put it in the closet.

One other thing Costco has an "emergency food" bucket for 84 bucks lasts 20 years, and feeds .......4 for a month? Make it the last thing you eat.

It's not so much buying all the stuff, the way we are so use to doing it, it's being able to do it for yourself, self sufficiency. Instead of buying U-Brown'um rolls, know how to make bread from scratch, and bake it, in primative mode. That's mostly for the ladies, but for the men, the ladies won't be walking over to the stove and turning it on, it's going to be your job to chop wood, start fires, keep a supply (you won't believe how much wood it takes) so she can bake those biscuits.

We're all on a learning curve.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby Ready1 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 am

SueAnn wrote:
Ready1 wrote:Quote:
NUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER

Why?

Because they are known as 'superfoods', and I grow them both! (There's nothing quite like shamelessly promoting your own product when it is a valuable contribution to the health of your friends.) :grin: :grin:

http://www.walnuts.org/health/superfoods.php
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7407689/
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Small-Time on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi guys,
I ve been away a while and just got back. Thanx for the input again?
I think it would be a good idea to make a list of every thing you use every day as you use it. Glow sticks are great for light if you have kids.
Do any of you think that you could use a hand warmer as an oxygen absorber? Did you see the news report that all the flooding in the states damaged alot of wheat crops. I know i am babling but i just wanted to remind every one of this thread. I still dont think every one knows it is here. Thanx. :grin:
Just Me
Small-Time

Postby CaryC on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 am

Hey,

I've been watching the tread for replies/questions, so I can chime right in there, with all my wonderful knowledge :lol:

Met a guy at Wal-mart, who I've seen at work from time to time, he was looking for some stuff and my wife was looking for some stuff at the same place so I struck up a "hard times" conversation with him.

He said in a hush tone, "Yea, I'm even going to Sav-a-Lot and buying my can goods." Saying it in a hush tone made me think, he thought going there was stepping down in the eyes of society. Sav-a-Lot leaves all their can goods in the flats they come in, a warehousey type store.

So I said in a hush, whispered tone back, "Me too!"

Then he said in that hush tone, "Yea, I've got my whole shed full of can goods."

When he said that I died, and yelled to Sherree, "Hey, did you hear that? He's got a whole shed full of can goods. See, we aren't the only ones."

Well it wasn't that loud, but it wasn't in a hushed tone either. Here's whats even funnier to me. If you was going by the words/language he was using you wouldn't suspect him of being a Christian, unless of course (using hushed tones here) he's a secret undercover Christian.

If that study of cows passing gas is any indication, the ozone layer is going to be a complete waste land, when hard times do hit.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby burien1 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Learning how to bake bread now is a very good idea. Actually, bread, biscuits, cornbread and corn and flour tortillas. Since different types of baked goods take different leavening ingredients. Tortillas are fried and easy to make.

And those of you who live in the cities, start making friends with people who live in the country, where you can camp if necessary, instead of being herded into camps if there is a dirty bomb or biological attack on your city.

YSIC
burien1

Postby CaryC on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:38 am

Hey,

Good idea, burien1, umm can you tell us how? The bread, cornbread isn't a problem, but what about tortilla's? Maybe a recipe?

Thanks.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby burien1 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Cary c, Too much typing required for my poor hands right now, but recipes at these sites close enough.[I use dash of this, handful of that, bit of this]

I use my faithful cast iron skillet for cooking and bottom completely flat pan for pressing dough balls. Use loose flour as you would for biscuits to keep from sticking to pan. Home made is soooo much better. Good luck!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1657,132177-244195,00.html

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/corn-tortillas/detail.aspx

YSIC
burien1

Postby CaryC on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the links, will check them out.

As for the hands: Sherree got word from sister to try "ActivOn" for joint pain, TMJ, etc... Works pretty good, for us.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Next

Return to Economic/MOB Watch