Vatican: Jews don't need Christ to be saved

News about the UN's Alliance of Civilizations and the end-time false religious system

Vatican: Jews don't need Christ to be saved

Postby Ready1 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:34 pm

By Arutz Sheva Staff
First Publish: 12/10/2015, 4:18 PM

Report, which isn't formal change to doctrine, says Jews don't need to convert for salvation, in an 'unfathomable mystery.' Jews can secure eternal salvation without converting to Christianity, senior Catholic theologians say in a report published Thursday, in the latest refinement of their stance on a vexed theological issue.

Addressing a question that has long blighted relations between the two faiths, the report also unequivocally states that the Church should not actively seek to convert Jews to Christianity, echoing the stance outlined by former Pope Benedict XVI in a 2011 book.

More

Just thought you'd like to know...
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Vatican: Jews don't need Christ to be saved

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:25 pm

John 3:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

The scripture does not say "whoever (EXCEPT JEWISH PEOPLE)....."
It says whoever believes in Him shall not perish.

Deuteronomy 4: 2“You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30: 6 Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

For that matter, here's a great big long exhaustive list of times we are told not to add to or take away from scripture:
http://www.openbible.info/topics/adding_to_the_bible
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby ToledoDebbie on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:40 am

Regarding the Jewish belief in the Messiah; In my opinion they do believe in the Messiah, in much the same way that people of God believed in Messiah through the years before Jesus birth. Those early Jews looked ahead to his coming and believed, while we look back and believe. Today most Jews do not recognize Jesus as their promised messiah, because God has blinded them to that fact. One day he will lift that veil and they will be able to see the truth. For the Jews that find their way to the truth before that time and become "Messianic Jews", I feel that God has blessed them with a special gift.

The big question: Is it enough for salvation of the Jews to simply believe in God and his Word and to believe in the promised messiah to be saved? God is the only one who can answer that question.
ToledoDebbie

Postby Exit40 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:53 am

ToledoDebbie wrote:The big question: Is it enough for salvation of the Jews to simply believe in God and his Word and to believe in the promised messiah to be saved? God is the only one who can answer that question.

God has already answered this...

Heb 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Yes, most Jews are still blinded according to the Scriptures and what we see in the world, but believing Jews are still actively seeking the Lord/Messiah. They believe in Him, in Faith, but they don't yet know who He is.

Jhn 1:45
Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Every knee will bend, we will all bow before the Lord.

Jhn 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby crosimoto on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 am

Israel doesn't 'know' The Messiah currently, but they will. If you're partial to 'dispensationalism' - then we are still in the Church Age - the age of grace, the time of the Gentiles. God still has a plan for His beloved Israel that's spelled out with the 144,000 Messianic Jews. So then the question is; If he dies today, what judgment does a Jew(without Christ) fall into?

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
crosimoto

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 am

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

There is only one path to salvation and that is through Jesus Christ. If there are Jews today who believe in God, and not in Christ, then it is the law that will judge them because they are still under the law. From what I can tell there are no Jews that actually keep the law, since there is no temple and no sacrificial system.

Romans 2:12-13
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:13 pm

For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. Rom 3:28

With over 300 OT prophecies fulfilled in Christ, the OT Jews were saved by faith in their belief in the coming Savior. Both Jews and Gentiles today are also saved by faith in the finished work of the Savior.

Right?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mark F on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

There is only one path to salvation and that is through Jesus Christ. If there are Jews today who believe in God, and not in Christ, then it is the law that will judge them because they are still under the law. From what I can tell there are no Jews that actually keep the law, since there is no temple and no sacrificial system.

Romans 2:12-13
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

RT

That passage pretty much sums up their dilemma, no Jesus = no salvation.

Pope is a misspelled word, the first letter is upside down and inverted. :wink:
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Mrs. B on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 am

Vatican:Jews don't need Christ to be saved.....

I John 4:1.....BELOVED, believe not Every Spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God or not.....
because many false prophets are gone out into the world....

2...Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Notice......every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God...your church does not save you....It is Jesus....He only can save you....that is why Jesus says....I never knew you when they say Lord ! Lord! didn't we do all these things in your name....and he says I never knew you......we must have a personnel relation with HIM Jesus...He has given us His Holy Spirit that live in us and leads us and guides us into all truth.....don't be deceived....Ye Must Be Born Again....the church does not save you....it is Jesus and Knowing Him...having a personel relationship with Him....the church does' not saves us.....we are the church and the church cannot save us.......only Jesus can save us...we must know Him....His Blood on the cross saves us and we must being Born Again of the word and the Spirit saves us...Jesus said depart from me ye workers of iniquity...I never knew you......You Must Know HIM......You Must be born of the water and the Holy Spirit....a new Birth a spiritual birth....that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.....Marvel not tht I say...Ye Must be Born Again....a Spiritual Birth..

3...And every spirit that confesseth NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:
And this is the Spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it shall come......and even now already is it in the world......

Jews need Jesus to be saved, to be born again....

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Return to AoC /Beast From the Earth Watch