Popes to be made saints on April 27

News about the UN's Alliance of Civilizations and the end-time false religious system

Popes to be made saints on April 27

Postby gracebyfaith on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Vatican City (AFP) - The Vatican on Monday said late popes John Paul II and John XXIII would be made saints at an unprecedented joint ceremony on April 27, 2014 in a bid to unite Catholic conservatives and liberals.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-unveil-saint ... 13901.html
gracebyfaith

Re: Popes to be made saints on April 27

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm

This annoys me.....here's why.....it's a redefinition of who the saints are. Man's religion has come up with a new description, I guess because the one in the bible doesn't suit. See, if you go to any bible online and put in the word "saint" or "saints" it's not reserved for those men have high regard for, it's reserved for those born again and belonging to Christ Jesus, the saint's Lord and Savior.

This horse and pony show of the Vatican is most annoying, at least to me, because so many suck in a breath in awe of these men who lived in accordance with the scriptures which define the way we all should live. Oh, I mean, I know they dig up the dead bodies and do their "thing," to establish criteria for their version of who a saint is....but is this scriptural????? or is it the ways of men?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:33 pm

GodsStudent wrote: See, if you go to any bible online and put in the word "saint" or "saints" it's not reserved for those men have high regard for, it's reserved for those born again and belonging to Christ Jesus, the saint's Lord and Savior

:a3:

I find it annoying as well, GodsStudent, and don't know where that practice or tradition originated. Surely it's obvious to them that the Bible speaks of saints in terms of all followers of Christ. No miracles necessary to confirm that fact.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Exit40 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 am

Well, men don't perform miracles, God does. And they are not miracles to Him.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Exit40 wrote:Well, men don't perform miracles, God does. And they are not miracles to Him.

God Bless

David

That's what sticks most in my craw... miracles being attributed to men. If God chooses, He can answer prayer or work through men like He did through Peter, Paul and the apostles. But the glory is all God's.

To attribute them to men seems like blasphemy to me.

And we who are in Christ are all saints, and I'm certain God has answered prayers in an awesome manner for all of us at times.

St. Exit 40
Ste. Abiding
Ste. GodsStudent
Ste. Gracebyfaith
Ste. Sunny

Has a nice ring, doesn't it? :laugh:
Sunny

Postby Exit40 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am

fortunately, we get a new name.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to AoC /Beast From the Earth Watch