If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

News about the UN's Alliance of Civilizations and the end-time false religious system

If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 am

http://www.mjworldcry.com/

If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

These poignant words were sang by a true humanitarian, who gave selflessly and tirelessly during the nearly 5 decades worth of his musical career. Michael Jackson gave millions of dollars to try to change things that were wrong in the world, he donated and dedicated countless hours helping children, raised public awareness on environmental and animal cruelty, bringing peace into the world, and he started with the Man in the Mirror, the same thing that we should all strive to do.

On June 25th, 2009 the world lost it's biggest supporter of good causes. It has been said that when someone dies, their light is snuffed out, however if we continue to make a difference in the world, the way that Michael would have, then his light will continue to shine for eternity. In order to keep the dreams and ideas Michael had alive, on the 25th of June 2010 we will be holding the first annual worldwide simultaneous candlelight vigil in his honor. Come rain or shine everyone will stand vigil while Michael Jackson's song "Cry" plays. The more people who become involved the bigger the message to keep his visions alive, and the bigger we can continue to make Michael's light shine on.


Each city group will not only stand in a candlelight vigil but will band together to carry on Michael's good works. Some groups may raise money for a local or global charity, some might take up an environmental cause, organize a food or clothing drive, or simply help one or a group of individuals that need help locally or worldwide. It's more than standing vigil on June 25, 2010 it's a worldwide effort to carry on and fulfill MIchael's efforts.
If you are interested in being an Ambassador for your city and managing your city WorldCry, please take the link on the left side of the page. To find out if your city is participating please click on Find my city. If you don't find it, become an Ambassador!

"It would make me extremely proud if you, the fans, would become ambassadors for "Go for your dreams!" all over the world." ~Michael Jackson

:( :cry:

Matthew 24:23-26
At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.

"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 am

Denise, I don't see why you used those verses, no one has said that MJ is alive or located anywhere here on earth or that He is Jesus. They are just idolizing him, kind of like when Elvis died. I don't think it's a fulfillment of any prophetic scripture.
User avatar
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Denise, I don't see why you used those verses, no one has said that MJ is alive or located anywhere here on earth or that He is Jesus. They are just idolizing him, kind of like when Elvis died. I don't think it's a fulfillment of any prophetic scripture.


I have to respectfully disagree with you. MJ definatly had a messianic complex and ANYTHING you put up as an idol or above Christ is "anti-christ" and is idolatry. There is a HUGE segment of society that "mourns" MJ's death and that's dangerous and could be used by opportunists... I'm not saying he's alive, though as always, there are sites online and groups that theorize that he is.

In light of finding out that the G20 and G8 are meeting on the same weekend as the MJCry event, there are ALL KINDS of new age, NWO things lining up. Again, as I've stated before and which is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS, the "mainstream media" use the MJ story as smoke and mirrors at their conveinience to distract the masses.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby laney on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm

I cried when MJ died. He was the same age as me and I grew up listening to his music. I must say, since his death my eyes have been opened concerning his agenda and I do not like it. I feel he will continue to be idolized but I do feel he is and will be lifted higher than that. I agree with Denise in that he has a messianic complex and it will continue to grow.
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:43 pm

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby joyfulchild on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 am

AGREE WITH YOU DENISE

VERY ARTICULATE AND WELL SAID SISTER. I DONT LIKE THIS ONE LITTLE BIT - MICHAEL JACKSON IS NOT HARMLESS DEAD IN FACT HES EVEN MORE POWERFUL NOW!! PEOPLES OBSESSIONS ARE BEING NURTURED AND ENCOURAGED HERE WITH THIS SILLY CRY THING. AND SURE MAYBE MICHAEL HIMSELF WONT BE THE BEAST IMAGE THATS WORSHIPPED BUT HE SURE MAY BE A PRACTICE RUN AT BEAST WORSHIP!!

THIS SHOWS ME WE AS HUMANITY HAVE SUNK TO A NEW LOW IN OBSESSIVE IDOLATRY - WE DESERVE SUCH JUDGEMENT :cry:
joyfulchild
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:17 am
Location: around

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks guys, I have to confess, before I became Born Again three years ago, I was a Huge MJ fan... I mean HUGE. And now it's so sad-bittersweet to see the world through the Blood of Christ and truly see how I and other's IDOLIZED Michael and how people still do. And you're right, I believe it's going to get worse...

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2010 ... el-Jackson

Students honor Michael Jackson

Students at Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School thrilled the audience Friday in the spring debut of their play, "A Kwanzaa Thriller: A Tribute to Michael Jackson."

The play took its inspiration from "The Wizard of Oz" and "The Wiz," a 1970s remake of the Judy Garland movie featuring Jackson.
The cast, which focused on entertaining and educating the audience, highlighted the seven principles of Kwanzaa and the contributions Michael Jackson made to American history.


http://disnology.com/2010/02/captain-eo ... l-jackson/

“Captain EO” Will Officially Re-open at Disney Parks Featuring Michael Jackson

Disney Parks posted this bit of info on their blog yesterday:

“Since we first announced the return of “Captain EO” on the Disney Parks Blog, there has been an incredible response from fans, and we’ve received many enthusiastic emails and phone calls asking exactly when the classic “Captain EO” attraction featuring Michael Jackson will reopen.

Today, we are excited to give you an update on the Captain’s return!

On Tuesday, February 23, as a tribute to the magic, music and messages of “Captain EO,” the 3-D musical adventure is returning to the Tomorrowland theater in which it debuted. While it’s not possible to replicate some special effects elements from the original presentation, it will boast a new 70mm print of the film, and it will sound better than ever thanks to acoustic enhancements made to the theater since the film last played there in 1997.”
Last edited by denise on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

Kwanzaa is a weeklong celebration held in the United States honoring universal African heritage and culture, marked by participants lighting a kinara (candle holder). It is observed from December 26 to January 1 every year.

Kwanzaa consists of seven days of celebration, featuring activities such as candle-lighting and libations, and culminating in a feast and gift giving. It was created by Ron Karenga and was first celebrated from December 26, 1966 to January 1, 1967.

Ron Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first specifically African American holiday. Karenga said his goal was to "give Blacks an alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society." The name Kwanzaa derives from the Swahili phrase matunda ya kwanza, meaning first fruits of the harvest. The choice of Swahili, an East African language, reflects its status as a symbol of Pan-Africanism, especially in the 1960s.

Kwanzaa is a celebration that has its roots in the black nationalist movement of the 1960s, and was established as a means to help African Americans reconnect with their African cultural and historical heritage by uniting in meditation and study of African traditions and common humanist principles.

Kwanzaa celebrates what its founder called the seven principles of Kwanzaa, or Nguzo Saba (originally Nguzu Saba—the seven principles of blackness), which Karenga said "is a communitarian African philosophy," consisting of what Karenga called "the best of African thought and practice in constant exchange with the world." These seven principles comprise Kawaida, a Swahili term for tradition and reason. Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows:

Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.

Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves.

Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together.

Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.

Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.

Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.

Imani (Faith): To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby burien1 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:53 am

If I didn`t have to hear Micheal Jackson`s name, or Tiger Woods name again, for a million years, it would still be too soon for me :lalala: . :grrr:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Or George W. Bush.... 'cause don't you know, he's to blame for everthing... :bag:

Seriously though... once Christ returns, you won't be hearing about all these people anymore, because the Name above all Names will be lifted up and shouted from the top of the mountains for eternity!
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?sect ... icle=68395

By Seth Robson, Stars and Stripes
Mideast edition, Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Haitians waiting for jobs shoveling rubble from the streets in Port-au-Prince enjoy pop music played by U.S. soldiers Feb. 25.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — The late Michael Jackson is helping U.S. soldiers in Haiti deliver aid and start to rebuild the earthquake-shattered nation.

Soldiers working with the 82nd Airborne Division in Port-au-Prince are using Jackson’s music along with other American and Haitian pop songs to calm crowds during aid distribution missions.

One of the soldiers, Spc. Max — commanders asked that the last names of soldiers in the unit not be disclosed because of the nature of their jobs — said he hit upon the idea of using music for crowd control during an aid distribution mission last month.

The Haitians were trying to push ahead in line for aid,” he said.

“I put my iPod into the sound system and played some songs and the people were calmer,” he said. “It reduced tension within the crowd. The next day we went out and it got the same effect.”
Max said his unit told Army leaders in Haiti about the effectiveness of music for crowd control and that its use is spreading.

“We went to another food distribution recently and some Brazilians (soldiers) showed up and they started playing music,””he said.

When the troops played Haitian hip-hop star Wyclef Jean’s “The Sweetest Girl” through speakers mounted on the roof of a Humvee during a mission last week, Haitians responded by singing along and dancing.

“We play Akon, Wyclef Jean and Bob Marley and we were lucky enough to get some Haitian music from [a soldier who is a Haitian linguist],” Max said.

Another soldier, Spc. Anthony, said he’s heard plenty of Haitian pop since he came to Port-au-Prince.

“Maybe if I understood what they were saying I would get into it,” he said.

Max doesn’t even bother to play the 1990s alternative music that makes up the bulk of songs on his iPod.

“Most of the songs with a slow beat the Haitians give a hand signal,” he said, gesturing with crossed wrists. “It means they don’t want to hear that and skip to the next song.”

Michael Jackson songs are, by far, the most popular with crowds, Max said. The Haitians try to mimic Michael Jackson’s dance moves and incorporate some hip-hop steps, he said.

The linguist, who grew up in Haiti before moving to the U.S. at 19, said Port-au-Prince had many nightclubs when he lived there in the 1980s, and even after-school music clubs for kids.

U.S. Navy commander Michele Hancock, a medical plans and operations specialist who deployed to Haiti the day after the earthquake, said one of her enduring memories of the deployment will be the voices of women singing in a remote village at night.

“That is how they express their grief,” she said, adding that patients she saw being treated at U.S. facilities often sang when they were in pain.

The soldiers’ use of music in Haiti contrasts with the reported use of loud music to make detainees uncomfortable in Iraq in recent years.

Max said he doesn’t know if the way his unit has used music in Haiti could transfer to Iraq or Afghanistan but, he said, “I think on humanitarian aid missions where people have to do crowd control it would definitely be useful.”
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22098240/

Michael Jackson brothers planning tribute gig at Wembley to the late singer

9/03/2010

Michael Jackson is to be celebrated at a memorial concert marking the one year anniverary of his death.

The original tribute show was meant to be held in Vienna but was cancelled in confusing circumstances.

Brother Jermaine has booked Wembley Arena on June 8 though performers on the bill have yet to be announced.

Jermaine said: "The best way and most suitable way is to assemble the world's largest tribute in history that is only fitting to a man who moved the hearts and souls of an unimaginable amount."
Michael Jackson died before he was due to play a residency of 50 gigs last year at London's O2 Arena.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:09 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8569481.stm

Michael Jackson estate agrees record Sony music deal

The estate of Michael Jackson has agreed the biggest recording deal in history, worth more than $200m (£133m), with Sony Music, US reports say.

The deal reportedly involves 10 album projects over seven years - including one of previously unreleased material.

Sony has sold 31 million Jackson albums since his death last June.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:03 am

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Spi ... 72877.html

Spirit of Michael Jackson to Descend Upon Marlins

The Marlins have been having a pretty good spring so far. They're 9-4 in Grapefruit Leage play, got around to naming the swimming pool and bar level of the new stadium ("La Playa!"), and got two thumbs up from the union for becoming a real boy.

Of course, a good spring doesn't necessarily equal a great regular season. In 2006, the Fish won the Grapefruit League title, for which Marlins owner presented manager Joe Girardi with...a bag of grapefruit.

And then fired him a few months later.

So what does indicate a great regular season to come? LASERS. The Marlins announced the "highly anticipated return" of Baker Concrete "Super Saturdays," and get ready for this: one of them, on May 15, will be a Spirit of Michael Jackson Laser Spectacular.

We repeat: SPIRIT OF MICHAEL JACKSON LASER SPECTACULAR.

Oh, sure there's also Nelly, and the New Boyz ("You're a Jerk"), and Willy Chirino and Sergio Vargas and Milly Quezada and Jerry Rivera, but none of them come with lasers or the lingering cloud of child molestation. Or, according to the press release, "one of the top Michael Jackson impersonators and a professionally trained dance troupe... lasers, a large screen video projection, concert lighting and 50,000 watts of amazing sound."


:puke:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed ... 20839.aspx


Soon, a documentary on Michael Jackson

Ian Halperin who penned Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson is working on a documentary about the late pop singer to be released in June.

Halperin's tribute documentary titled Gone Too Soon, uses audio and video footage of the star shot before his death last June, reports contactmusic.com.

It also includes interviews with the Thriller singer's personal manager, chef, spiritual adviser, hairstylist, trainer, bodyguard and attorney.

According to the filmmaker, the family of the 50-year-old star, who died of acute Propofol intoxication, are aware of the project, though they do not appear in it.

The 88-minute documentary is expected to cover the star's personal life, including allegations of child abuse, but Halperin insists he is showing a "balanced tribute" to the King of Pop. "This is the film Michael and his fans deserve," he said.

Chris Grant, the president of distributors Shine International, is confident the documentary will eventually be known as a really important piece of the Michael Jackson saga.

"Ian's done an incredible job telling the story of what actually happened to Michael. We've teased it a bit and the reaction has been tremendous," he said.

The film will be unveiled at the MIPTV conference in Cannes, France, next month and will receive a limited cinema run in Canada and France June 25, the anniversary of Jackson's death.

There has been no confirmation about release in other countries as yet.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Apparently the same night that Obama is meeting with Netenyahu, with all the drama and suspense of a possible third world war looming, CNN tonight thought that THIS would be a more pressing matter to made the TOP story of the night...

AG: MJ's doctor should not practice

The California state medical board will seek to prevent Dr. Conrad Murray from practicing medicine while he is being prosecuted in Michael Jackson's death, according to documents filed by Attorney General Jerry Brown.

FULL STORY
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/23/jac ... tml?hpt=C1


"Smoke and mirrors" you say?

:humm:

"Pay no attention to the REAL ISSUE at hand..."


FOX NEWS

March 24, 2010

NO PRESS
Obama and Netanyahu Hold Closed-Door Talks


AP

In a break with custom that seemed linked to the crisis complicating U.S.-Israel relations, reporters were not invited to see the leaders shake hands and begin their talks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03 ... lawmakers/


BOTH of these stories are posted respectively at the SAME TIME as the FRONT PAGE headline!

This is the choice America...

The REAL WORLD or the "Real World"

:blahblah2:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am

The reason why the Obama Netenyahoo story was being pushed to the side, is because the world does not believe the bible or that any of the bible prophecies will come true, so they don't care. Anything would be more interesting to them than hearing about Israel.
User avatar
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/03/michael-jacksons-must-be-returned-to-la-school-auditorium-fans-say.html

Fans want Michael Jackson's name returned to L.A. school auditorium
March 31, 2010

In 2003, officials at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood covered up Michael Jackson's name on the auditorium.
They took the action soon after Jackson was arrested on suspicion of child molestation, and the principal at the time said parents requested that the name be removed.

Now some people want Jackson's name restored to the building. The supporters have created a Facebook page to rally their cause.

The backers argue that because Jackson was acquitted of criminal charges, the Los Angeles Unified School District must put the pop star's name back on the auditorium.

"This cannot be allowed to continue," they said in a statement. "Please help us convince the school district to take down the covers and reveal his name once more to the public."
In 1989, the Gardner faculty named the auditorium after the singer. He attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony Oct. 11, 1989, where the school's choir sang, "We Are the World," a tune Jackson co-wrote. Jackson donated money to the school at the time.

An illustration of Jackson's face was posted in the auditorium in 1989, and another depicting the singer surrounded by children was mounted in the main office. But the auditorium drawing was removed several years ago because it kept falling down. The picture in the office also was removed a while ago to make room for a new intercom system.

LAist reports that the group is asking supporters to download and sign a letter to L.A. Unified Supt. Ramon C. Cortines.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8598278.stm

Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin join hall of fame

Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin are to be inducted into the hall of fame at the Apollo Theatre in New York.



A Pop Idol is still an IDOL. Dead or Alive.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-20001715-265.html

April 5, 2010

Making the real-time Web relevant


If there is perhaps one universal truth about the Web, it's that people want it now.

During the past 15 years, our expectations for how quickly information should be delivered to us over the Internet have changed. Now a delay of minutes on a breaking news story is unacceptable, as we saw during the frantic search for information in the hours after Michael Jackson died last year.

Enter real-time search. Search has been our gateway to the Web for almost as long as it has existed, and the big search players of the day are gearing up to handle a new challenge: how can the explosion of instant content produced by news organizations, blogs, and social-media users be organized in a relevant fashion, sorting through one of the worst signal-to-noise ratios in modern communication? Oh, and by the way, those results have to be displayed instantly.

"If information was generated seconds ago that's relevant to what I am looking for, it should be available to me in one place," said Amit Singhal, a Google Fellow and a legend in the search industry who is responsible for Google's real-time search project. "It's awfully hard."
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monitormix/201 ... iting.html

Revisiting 1986: A Tribute To Michael Jackson's 'Captain EO'


Yesterday, I celebrated Easter by going to Disneyland and witnessing the resurrection of Michael Jackson. Before you call me a heretic, let me add that there was a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that lasted an entire minute. Trust me: Something awesomely holy was afoot.

I hadn't seen Captain EO since 1987, the year after it premiered at Disneyland's Tomorrowland. I was in seventh grade, a pretty major Jackson fan, and a believer in the fact that those giant purple 3D glasses could both make me cooler and cover up my adolescent and volcanic pimples in a way Oxy-10 never had.


:cry: :faint:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 am

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ckson.html

The Late King of Pop's Sister Believes Many Are Responsible for His Untimely Passing


Michael Jackson's sister, LaToya Jackson, is claiming that the King of Pop's death last summer was the result of a wide ranging conspiracy. While LaToya Jackson believes that her late brother's physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, is partially responsible for his death, she believes others were involved.
(snip)

Speaking at a news conference where she was accepting a lifetime achievement award on behalf of her late brother, LaToya Jackson said, ""This was definitely a conspiracy and other people should be brought to justice. I believe Dr Conrad was simply the fall guy."

LaToya believes that Jackson was worth more dead than alive.

(snip)

If this is proven in a court of law, then the case of who and what killed Michael Jackson may be a much larger one than what might be currently expected.


:boink:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 am

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/04/ ... .html?_r=1

Cirque Du Soleil to Create Michael Jackson Show
April 20, 2010

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Cirque du Soleil will develop a series of shows based on the music and songs of Michael Jackson, representatives for the late singer's estate said on Tuesday.

The projects include touring and permanent shows and a nightclub to open in Las Vegas.

The first project from the partnership will be an arena touring show expected to open in late fall 2011.

(snip)

"We are excited to be partners with Cirque du Soleil to give Michael's fans a truly unique way to hear, see and feel Michael's music," Branca said.



"The Pied Piper" going on the road...

:armor:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 am

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Michae ... show=votes

Michael Jackson: A Prince Of Our Disorder

by Susan Lawrence

4-27-2010


(snip)

While it may seem that the role of Michael Jackson, and others like him, is to entertain, this superficial view belies the truth. There are many brilliant singers, actors, world leaders, and others who do not mesmerize us to nearly the same degree. What is the source of this immense fascination which transcends the usual divides of race, culture, geography, even time and death?

I believe we are drawn to people like Michael Jackson because we sense, deeply and unconsciously, that the personal story they tell, through the symbolic language of behavior, is also our own story.

(ssnip)

If we accept, as Carl Jung wrote, that "the sole purpose of existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being," then individuals like Michael Jackson serve a critically important purpose in our society. They offer their most primal (and therefore, most human) conflicts and anguish as public property, as roadmaps with clues for us to use in our personal quest to understand and resolve the causes of our own suffering.

(snip)

We can learn from Michael Jackson by recognizing that his most important contribution may have little to do with the soaring brilliance of his talent or his enduring fame. We can honor him by recognizing his willingness to allow us access to his innermost self in ways that promote the highest good. Rather than engaging in idle gossip, we must instead learn to ask important questions about ourselves: What about his life so resonates with me? Of what does it remind me from my own childhood? How can I use his life to understand more about myself? What does it say about the human condition that so many of us are drawn to him?

Michael Jackson and people like him can be powerful teachers. We can thank him for sharing his own pain as a mirror into our souls, enabling us to learn the truth of ourselves and heal from our own difficult experiences of childhood abuse and trauma.


:eek:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon May 10, 2010 7:54 am

double post...

:bag:
Last edited by denise on Mon May 10, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon May 10, 2010 8:03 am

denise wrote:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2985082/michael_jackson_fans_plan_tribute_for.html?cat=2

One Year Later, the King of Pop Will Be Celebrated

As the one year anniversary of Michael Jackson's shocking death approaches, tributes are being planned worldwide to mark the sad occasion.

In the nearly eleven months since he died, Michael Jackson's legacy has seemingly been enhanced and his fan base has grown.

(snip)

But on June 25, the tributes and controversies of the past year will be dwarfed as millions of Michael Jackson fans will come together, both physically and virtually, to pay homage to the late King of Pop. In many ways, his fans believe that the contribution that Jackson made exceeded that of his music. While Jackson is widely acknowledged as the biggest global pop star in history, his biggest fans also see his message, which was one based on love, peace and acceptance, as Jackson's biggest contribution to the world.
So while on June 25, Jackson's music will undoubtedly be highlighted and celebrated, many of the tributes will be just as much about his message as it will his artistic contributions.

One of the fastest growing planned tributes to Michael Jackson is based, as so many are these days, on a Facebook movement. Started in the middle of March, the group called "One Million Michael Jackson Fans Pledged to Light a Candle On June 25, 2010" has attracted nearly 13,000 fans through the middle of May. While achieving its goal of one million fans by June 25 looks increasingly difficult, the members of the group are actively recruiting other Michael Jackson fans and plan to continue on until they have one million fans that will each year pledge to light a candle on June 25.


:armor:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer ... ed-pl.html

Michael Jackson’s unexpected place in academia

It seems that there are no limits to the influence the late Michael Jackson had on our world.


Not only did he dominate pop music for years, but, according to a new bibliographic guide to academic literature, he has been referenced in journals of law, psychology, medicine, chemistry, mass communications and even engineering.

The guide was compiled by two Texas Tech University associate librarians, Susan Hidalgo and Rob Weiner, who looked through more than 100 databases for scholarly papers and peer-reviewed articles for a special issue of The Journal of Pan African Studies.

It’s called “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’: MJ in the Scholarly Literature: A Selected Bibliographic Guide.”

“I was surprised by a lot of what I read. I just thought I knew Michael Jackson,” said Hidalgo, also head of access services for the Texas Tech University Library in Lubbock.

The librarians focused on peer-reviewed or scholarly works with unique Jackson content that might shed light on the way people view larger-than-life celebrities.

In one instance, researchers used Jackson to critique the media’s handling of criminal cases. A 911 call made by Jackson prompted an article in Fire Engineering journal. A British Medical Journal piece written after Jackson’s death last year discussed ethical issues that arise when a patient is more powerful than the attending physician.

One article about the privacy of jury members uses Jackson’s child molestation case to discuss the subject. And one chemistry professor argued that reframing popular songs such as “Billie Jean” could help students understand difficult chemistry concepts.

“The fact that someone would take a Michael Jackson song and co-opt it as a means to convey chemistry concepts just shows the pervasiveness of Jackson’s influence,” Weiner said.

For better or for worse.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:34 am

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/06 ... ution.html


Commentary: How Iran's 'Twitter Revolution' died with Michael Jackson


WASHINGTON — What do Michael Jackson, Harry Potter and the Iranian election last year have in common? They were among the top Twitter trends in 2009.

Competing for the top spot on Twitter is a zero-sum game. The rise of one hashtag leads to the fall of another as Tweeters vie for public attention, and this fickle fame-game had dire consequences for the Iranian democratic movement in late June 2009, when Michael Jackson's death eliminated its Twitter presence at a critical moment.

The story of new media in Iran is old.

(snip)


Twitter also was essential to attracting international attention to the movement. When Basij forces killed Neda Agha-Soltan on June 20, fellow protestors filmed her death, and their videos went viral and made the Green Movement a global cause.

How did international Web users find the videos posted on YouTube and Facebook? Through Twitter alerts. The website provided a free and anonymous tool that allowed pro-democracy Iranians to provide real-time information to their compatriots, to the larger media industry and to international audiences — although not to Iranians in rural areas or otherwise without Internet access.

However, Neda's death also foreshadowed a third function of Twitter that eventually undermined the website's role as a friend of the Green Movement: its ability to distract users by diverting them to different sites such as YouTube and Facebook.

This distractive function of Twitter derailed the Green Movement at 2:40 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on Thursday, June 25.

When the website TMZ broke the news of Michael Jackson's death, it also broke the World Wide Web. Between 2:40 and 3:15, Google users no longer could run searches because of the volume of queries for "Michael Jackson."

TMZ, as well as other popular gossip pages such as Perez Hilton's blog, crashed soon after. Even the news giants suffered from the increase in Internet traffic. Average download times at media sites such as AOL, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and Yahoo more than doubled, according to a BBC report. Twitter also crashed temporarily.

Although the Internet's failure was temporary, the damage done to the Iranian democratic movement was lasting.

As Michael Jackson Tweets climbed to 100,000 per hour, Iranian tweets were relegated to background noise. By 7 p.m. on June 25, Green Movement Tweets had disappeared from Twitter's trending topics; effectively erasing the political turmoil from Web users' consciousness.

In essence, Iran's Twitter Revolution died with the King of Pop.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:27 pm

June 10, 2010

Keeping Michael Jackson's Mission Alive

Healing the world, it was the late Michael Jackson's mission and it has been taken up by his brother Randy Jackson and the rest of the Jackson siblings. In his first interview since the tragedy in almost a year ago, Randy joined Tony Harris in the newsroom...

http://newsroom.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/1 ... ion-alive/

Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... ames-event

E3 2010: Ubisoft reveals Michael Jackson dance game

(snip)

The event ended with its key revelation – a new Michael Jackson dancing and singing game, using music and dance moves from the late King of Pop's vast career, and supporting Kinect and PlayStation Move. The details were vague, but it looks like you'll be taught whole group routines, from hits like Beat It and Billie Jean, allowing you to get together with friends and pretend to be in Jackson's classic videos.

The cheering and applause echoed out through the vast auditorium of the Los Angeles Theatre. Jackson has still got it and Ubisoft, swaying between blockbuster releases and odd experiments (some promise to be successful, some perhaps less so) is still the unpredictable sometimes mystifying European art house provocateur of mainstream games publishing.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:27 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 7239.story

Jackson death anniversary gets attention abroad

6-19-2010

GARY, Ind. — Foreign journalists are flocking to Michael Jackson's hometown in anticipation of the first anniversary of his death.

Reporters from Norway and Denmark were in Gary this week, and city officials say they expect more as the June 25 anniversary of the King of Pop's death approaches.

Danish journalist David Trads says Jackson, Elvis Presley and the Beatles are the most famous foreign singers in Denmark. He says fans may be interested in details of a proposed Jackson Family Museum and Cultural Center, as well as events tied to the anniversary.

Gary spokeswoman LaLosa Burns says the city expects thousands of visitors to Jackson's boyhood home. She says a prayer vigil is planned for the evening of June 25 at the tiny house.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby WalkingWithJesus on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Instead of everyone crying, why not prey to God Almighty?

If two or more people are in the same place and preying, it will be answered. From what I've read.

I'd rather believe in prayer, than crying and someone who is/was an idol.

My faith is in God, not MJ!
WalkingWithJesus
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:51 am

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:57 pm

www said:

Instead of everyone crying, why not prey to God Almighty?

If two or more people are in the same place and preying, it will be answered. From what I've read.

I'd rather believe in prayer, than crying and someone who is/was an idol.

My faith is in God, not MJ!


:a3:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:57 am

The language they use in this article is really disturbing...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 917D70.DTL

AP timeline details Michael Jackson's last day

June 20, 2010


A year ago, the world watched as Michael Jackson balanced on the edge of a precipice. Behind the once-proclaimed King of Pop was a bleak stretch of pain and artistic decline. Ahead lay a series of 50 London concerts — a high-rolling bid to reassert his musical brilliance and re-establish control of his life.

Jackson was poised for a great leap of faith, one testing himself and those who believed in him. It was a chance to silence detractors who had mocked his increasingly clownish, artificial appearance and what appeared to be an equally artificial and veiled version of family life with the three children he was raising alone.

Harsher critics cast him as a man who used wealth and celebrity to elude justice on child molestation charges.

The elaborately staged shows set to begin last July 13 at London's famed O2 Arena represented winner take all, or lose all, for an entertainer who'd been famous for most of his 50 years.

He was ready. The audience was ready. Then he was gone. Less than three weeks before his new life may have started on a stage filled with special effects and song, the old one ended in a cloud of drugs and unfulfilled dreams.

Outwardly, Jackson had seemed fit as he prepared for the London shows, and his autopsy found he was in relatively strong physical condition for a man his age.

But privately, he was struggling with chronic insomnia that he battled with a regular regimen of powerful drugs.

In the year since Jackson's shockingly abrupt death on June 25, 2009, from an overdose of sedatives, a fuller picture of his last day has emerged. What follows is a comprehensive reconstruction of those final 24 hours...


:blahblah: :puke:

The whole thing makes me sick. Just watch, the closer we get to June 25th the louder the "Man in the mirror- Heal the World-we are the world" chorus will become. ESPECIALLY with the Gulf Oil Spill now spewing... The globalists have their anthems...and their GOLDEN CALF...but it was in a GOLDEN COFFIN...

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/20/katherine ... interview/

Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

Katherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.


And THIS makes me even more angry!!! These childeren should be with their MOTHER!!!

:verymad:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164194 ... hael.jhtml

Michael Jackson's Estate Has Generated $1 Billion Since His Death
Jackson's music has generated $430 million in sales since June 2009.


At the time of his death last June, Michael Jackson was reportedly deeply in debt and had agreed to sign on for an unprecedented 50-date run at the O2 arena in London, as a means of turning his financial fortunes around.

But thanks to a flurry of merchandising deals and a flood of nostalgia-fueled music sales, his estate has generated nearly $1 billion in the past year,Billboard reports via Reuters.


The perfect way to get out of debt...die... :eek:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 am

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... tml?hpt=C2

The confusing legacy of Michael Jackson

June 22, 2010

Michael Jackson blew it.

"Michael wanted his legacy to be for people to understand the plight of children, the pain of childhood neglect," says Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, who was a Jackson spiritual adviser until the pop star ended their relationship in 2001. He observes that the guardians of Jackson's assets want the estate to "remain as lucrative as possible," and any devotion to Jackson's most heartfelt causes hasn't materialized. "That part of his legacy has been lost completely," he says ruefully.

Michael Jackson nailed it.

The pop star, who died a year ago Friday, was "a groundbreaking artist, a complete package in a way the Beatles and Elvis never were," says Ashley Dos Santos, a pop culture and marketing expert for the public relations firm Crosby-Volmer International. She ticks off his successes -- spectacular showman, music video pioneer -- and is confident a Jackson shrine, like Presley's Graceland, will eventually come to pass, with his legacy in the joy of his music and performances.

In life, Michael Jackson was whoever you wanted him to be: Humanitarian. Media-savvy artist. King of Pop. Or: Accused child molester. Has-been. World-class freak.

No wonder his legacy is so confusing. Is it about compassion? Talent? Money? Or the dark circus that kept intruding on it all?

"I think that when you're talking about Michael Jackson and you try to analyze him, it's like analyzing electricity, you know? It exists, but you don't have a clue as to how it works," Jackson biographer J. Randy Taraborelli told CNN.

(snip)

And perhaps Michael Jackson remains too complex. "Do I contradict myself? / Very well then I contradict myself / (I am large, I contain multitudes)," wrote Walt Whitman in "Song of Myself," and Jackson fulfilled that passage in spades.

(snip)

Dos Santos observes that people flew thousands of miles just to stand outside July's memorial service at Los Angeles' Staples Center. "That speaks to the level of forgiveness and willingness to forget a lot of the controversy that surrounded him," she says. "He spoke to the heart of his fans in a way that I don't think we've ever seen before or since."

One reason he reached so many, says University of Rochester music professor John Covach, was because of his ability to overcome genre boundaries. The Jackson 5 appealed to teenyboppers and Motown enthusiasts; Jackson's solo work, particularly on the albums "Off the Wall" and "Thriller," couldn't be pigeonholed as R&B.

(snip)

In fact, Elvis might be the most apt comparison to Jackson. Toward the end of his life, Presley -- overweight, drug-addicted, a shadow of his former, groundbreaking self -- was a figure of mockery. After his death, however, the mocked Elvis receded, replaced by the vibrant, virile figure of the '50s and '60s.

Jackson's legacy has undergone the same transformation, and that will continue,
says "Inside Edition" chief correspondent and former CNN anchor Jim Moret.

"Prior to Michael Jackson's death, and for the years since the criminal case, Michael Jackson was, in many was, a broken man," Moret told CNN. "And he was the butt of jokes, he was the punch line for comedians, and he was thought of as a has-been, in some ways.

"This death has catapulted him to the status of Elvis, in that he's now a legend. And he was probably worthy of that status even in life. But all of the aspects of his life that were questionable when he was alive, have almost been dismissed in his death."

Will that be enough? Will the messy life of Michael Jackson be smoothed out to a simple story of a charismatic boy-man?

Jackson biographer Taraborelli wonders.

"It's going to take us time to put it into perspective," he says. "It's gonna take many years I think for us to really understand the impact that Michael Jackson has had on us. Because it's not a simple story, you know?"
Last edited by denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:09 am

Is this not how the West, ESPECIALLY American pop and mainstreme mentallity has turned into, PERMANENT ADOLECENCE?

The "gaming generation", "Play is power". X-box, Iphones, toys, entitlement mentality, socialism. Big Brother... MANDITORY vacations, political correctness, lack of personal responsibility, the efinination of men, the neutering of fathers, blurring of the genders and sexuality...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_ ... n_syndrome

Puer aeternus is Latin for eternal boy, used in mythology to designate a child-god who is forever young; psychologically it refers to an older man whose emotional life has remained at an adolescent level, usually coupled with too great a dependence on the mother. The puer typically leads a provisional life, due to the fear of being caught in a situation from which it might not be possible to escape. He covets independence and freedom, chafes at boundaries and limits, and tends to find any restriction intolerable.[1]

The words, puer aeternus, come from Metamorphoses, an epic work by the Roman poet Ovid (43 BCE - c.17 CE) dealing with Greek and Roman myths. In the poem, Ovid addresses the child-god Iacchus as puer aeternus and praises him for his role in the Eleusinian mysteries. Iacchus is later identified with the gods Dionysus and Eros. The puer is a god of vegetation and resurrection, the god of divine youth, such as Tammuz, Attis and Adonis.[2] The figure of a young god who is slain and resurrected also appears in Egyptian mythology as the story of Osiris, and is said to be symbolized in Christianity by the figure of Christ.[3]


Swiss psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung developed a school of thought called analytical psychology, distinguishing it from the psychoanalysis of Sigmund Freud (1856–1939). In analytical psychology (often called "Jungian psychology") the puer aeternus is an example of what Jung called an archetype, one of the "primordial, structural elements of the human psyche".[4]

The shadow of the puer is the senex (Latin for "old man"), associated with the god Apollo—disciplined, controlled, responsible, rational, ordered. Conversely, the shadow of the senex is the puer, related to Dionysus—unbounded instinct, disorder, intoxication, whimsy.[5]

Like all archetypes, the puer is bi-polar, exhibiting both a "positive" and a "negative" aspect. The "positive" side of the puer appears as the Divine Child who symbolizes newness, potential for growth, hope for the future. He also foreshadows the hero that he sometimes becomes (e.g. Heracles). The "negative" side is the child-man who refuses to grow up and meet the challenges of life face on, waiting instead for his ship to come in and solve all his problems.

"For the time being one is doing this or that, but whether it is a woman or a job, it is not yet what is really wanted, and there is always the fantasy that sometime in the future the real thing will come about.... The one thing dreaded throughout by such a type of man is to be bound to anything whatever."[6]

"Common symptoms of puer psychology are dreams of imprisonment and similar imagery: chains, bars, cages, entrapment, bondage. Life itself...is experienced as a prison."[7]


When the subject is a female the Latin term is puella aeterna, imaged in mythology as the Kore (Greek for "maiden").[8] One might also speak of a puer animus when describing the masculine side of the female psyche, or a puella anima when speaking of a man's inner feminine component.

[edit] Writings

Cover of 1915 edition of J.M. Barrie's novel, first published in 1911.C.G. Jung wrote a paper on the puer aeternus, "The Psychology of the Child Archetype", contained in Part IV of The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious (Collected Works, Vol. 9i). The hero-child aspect and his relationship to the Great Mother is dealt with in chapters 4 and 5 of Part Two of Symbols of Transformation (Collected Works, Vol. 5).[9] In his essay "Answer to Job" (contained in Psychology and Religion: West and East, Vol. 11 of the Collected Works; but also published separately) Jung refers to the puer aeternus as a figure representing the future psychological development of human beings.

"That higher and 'complete' (teleios) man is begotten by the 'unknown' father and born from Wisdom, and it is he who, in the figure of the puer aeternus—'vultu mutabilis albus et ater'[10]—represents our totality, which transcends consciousness. It was this boy into whom Faust had to change, abandoning his inflated onesidedness which saw the devil only outside. Christ's 'Except ye become as little children' prefigures this change, for in them the opposites lie close together; but what is meant is the boy who is born from the maturity of the adult man, and not the unconscious child we would like to remain."[11]

The Problem of the Puer Aeternus is a book based on a series of lectures that Jungian analyst Marie-Louise von Franz gave at the C.G. Jung Institute, Zurich, during the Winter Semester, 1959-1960. In the first eight of twelve lectures, von Franz illustrates the theme of the puer aeternus by examining the story of The Little Prince from the book of the same name by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The remaining four lectures are devoted to a study of a German novel by Bruno Goetz, Das Reich ohne Raum (The Kingdom Without Space), first published in 1919. Of this novel von Franz says:

"It is interesting that it was written and published before the Nazi movement came into being in 1933, before Hitler was ruminating on his morbid ideas. Bruno Goetz certainly had a prophetic gift about what was coming, and ... his book anticipates the whole Nazi problem, throwing light upon it from the angle of the puer aeternus".[12]

Now or Neverland is a 1998 book written by Jungian analyst Ann Yeoman dealing with the puer aeternus in the form of Peter Pan, one of the most well-known examples of the concept in the modern era. The book is a psychological overview of the eternal boy archetype, from its ancient roots to contemporary experience, including a detailed interpretation of J. M. Barrie's popular novel and play.

"Mythologically, Peter Pan is linked to...the young god who dies and is reborn...as well as to Mercury/Hermes, psychopomp and messenger of the gods who moves freely between the divine and human realms, and, of course, to the great goat-god Pan.... In early performances of Barrie's play, Peter Pan appeared on stage with both pipes and a live goat. Such undisguised references to the chthonic, often lascivious and far from childlike goat-god were, not surprisingly, soon excised from both play and novel."[13]

Peter Pan syndrome

Peter Pan syndrome is a pop-psychology term used to describe an adult who is socially immature. The term has been used informally by both laypeople and some psychology professionals in popular psychology since the 1983 publication of The Peter Pan Syndrome: Men Who Have Never Grown Up, by Dr. Dan Kiley. (Kiley also wrote a companion book, The Wendy Dilemma, published in 1984.) It is not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and is not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as a specific mental disorder.

Musician Michael Jackson was attributed with Peter Pan syndrome.[14][15][16] In a 2003 interview, Jackson told interviewer Martin Bashir, "I am Peter Pan". Bashir said, "No, you're Michael Jackson", Jackson replied, "I'm Peter Pan in my heart". Jackson named his home "Neverland Ranch", after the fantasy island of Neverland in the story of Peter Pan, where children never grow up.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 am

burien1 wrote:If I didn`t have to hear Micheal Jackson`s name, or Tiger Woods name again, for a million years, it would still be too soon for me :lalala: . :grrr:


I feel the same way about hearing the words "President" and "Obama" used together!!!
:verymad: :twoheadbang: :cry:
Image
User avatar
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 am

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:
burien1 wrote:If I didn`t have to hear Micheal Jackson`s name, or Tiger Woods name again, for a million years, it would still be too soon for me :lalala: . :grrr:


I feel the same way about hearing the words "President" and "Obama" used together!!!
:verymad: :twoheadbang: :cry:


:a3:

2012 CANNOT come soon enough!

Ron Paul for president!! :mrgreen:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:23 am

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:
burien1 wrote:If I didn`t have to hear Micheal Jackson`s name, or Tiger Woods name again, for a million years, it would still be too soon for me :lalala: . :grrr:


I feel the same way about hearing the words "President" and "Obama" used together!!!
:verymad: :twoheadbang: :cry:



:lol: me, too !!!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11044
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

You know, I know alot of you don't like this subject, and that's fine, but from my own PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I would advise not to underestimate the "Michael Jackson effect" on the world. Here's a man that the gay community can rally behind, an obviously gender-sexually confused individual, who "defined" his own family, seeing no need for a mother involved in raising his children. Here's a man that the African American community see's as a black man who was ashamed of his own race, because of the "white idealism" of beauty. Here's a man whose brother, Jermaine has converted to Islam and rumor's abound that Jackson converted as well. Here's a man, arguably one of the MOST FAMOUS people in the world, instantly RECOGNIZABLE globally. Here's a man that in the course of the last year has been "white washed"-put through the "cleaner's" of the media, who, before his death was WACKO JACKO and a FREAK and a CHILD MOLESTOR and is now SYMPATHIZED and REVERED by the media. The manipulation, the hype. They've perfected it. Go to Walmart and you'll see Jackson memorabilia that hasn't been seen in 20 years being sold and advertised, books, tshirts, cd's... A whole new generation that buys this stuff that thinks he's THE KING OF POP, this efiminate, sympathetic, androgenous non-racial IDOL... He's one of the undesputed influential people of the last 40 years... and one of the MOST DANGEROUS. I can't believe as much as we discuss Javier Solana, who most American's and most people in the world COULDN'T PICK OUT OF A LINE-UP, but this topic gets hardly any responses, except in joking passing about how much they don't want to talk about him. Well, there's alot of people out there that do want to talk about him, mourn him and "idolize him". That's WRONG. You would think that God is true to His word, when He say's He's a JEALOUS GOD. There are many people out there that don't see the connection between Pop-idol idolatry and REAL Idolatry...there's NO DIFFERENCE. ANYTHING put before God is SIN. PERIOD. I would think this would worry people here more. MTV and the perverted hollywood "machine" that's influencing the youth has more appeal than the church in this sad twisted world. More youth leave the church after highshool than ever before... there's a reason, because PARENTS AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION. WAKE UP!!

Sorry for the rant, I love all you guys, but this really upsets me, I lived in a VERY liberal college town for 20 years and saw in their first year how kids abandon their faith and fall for the lie of secular humanism... or paganism...or Islam... or the LGBT "lifestyle"... TRUST ME, I KNOW what I'm talking about.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9GGN6U80

Michael Jackson's mother supports fan tribute
– 3 hours ago

NEW YORK — Michael Jackson's mother has given her blessing to a tribute concert that will mark the anniversary of the pop singer's death.

VoicePlate Productions is staging the "Forever Michael" fan event Saturday at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., but some have wondered if it was legitimate or done with the family's approval.

In a video posted on YouTube, Katherine Jackson appeared with the tribute's organizer, Joseph Fahmy, to thank him for putting it together.

"I know that Michael would be very honored and very pleased that his fans all over the world are coming together to celebrate his life," she said.

She also thanked people for the support they have given her family since her son died June 25, 2009, at age 50.

Meanwhile, NBC said Tuesday it would feature an interview with Katherine Jackson on a "Dateline NBC" segment titled "Michael Jackson: A Mother's Story" on Friday.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:54 pm

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00033409.html

In order to mark the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death, Christina Aguilera and Smokey Robinson are going to perform in honor of the late King of Pop. They are set to take the stage on CBS for a special program dubbed "The King of Pop: One Year Later".
The two singers are scheduled to team up for a live rendition of Michael's hit single "Man in the Mirror" on the long-hour broadcast tribute which will be aired live on June 25. Joining them on the gig will be LL Cool J, Marc Anthony and James Morrison.

(snip)

"A Michael Jackson comes around literally once in a lifetime. They break the mold and I think there're people who just sacrifice their life, their personal life all for the arts. That's what Michael did; he sacrificed his life for the arts."
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 am

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces

June 23, 2010
FOXNews.com

“Before Michael died you couldn’t go a week without him being referred to as ‘Wacko Jacko’ or a child molester in the media,” Brown said. “But you won’t see or hear of him being referred to as that anymore. It’s been a 360-degree turnaround. He’s become a huge hero.“


See, even Fox news admits it.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby bchandler on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:34 am

Frankly, the adoration for MJ does for me exactly what the adoration for Elvis did.

It makes me wanna :puke: and :verymad:

No one is denying him his props for his humanitarian work. Does that negate what he really was? A seriously messed up man that seemed to reject Christianity to embrace Islam, with an attraction for children that made him justly or unjustly a target for people and the law.

We all know that if Michael had rejected Christ and was unrepentant of his sin he is not in a good place. I see no point in idolizing the man, or even discussing him.

I think Jesus said it loud and clear, "Let the dead bury their dead".
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
User avatar
bchandler
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: Lawrence, KS

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Atleast you've given your opinion, which I happen to agree with. My fear, which I think we all share, is not just with MJ himself, but the symptom as a whole of "pop culture" and the idolatry it inspires and the negative influence it has on our culture. All I'm stating is that it shouldn't be overlooked. It's a big problem, be it Elvis, Jackson, Lady Gaga, American IDOL...or the next big thing on the horizon... it's all connected. The devil uses these people and their influence to draw people away from the Truth of the Gospel.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:03 pm

but this topic gets hardly any responses, except in joking passing about how much they don't want to talk about him.
:humm:

burien1 wrote:If I didn`t have to hear Micheal Jackson`s name, or Tiger Woods name again, for a million years, it would still be too soon for me :lalala: . :grrr:


I was not joking.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Okay... I guess I just don't get it. I see how people react to him and how I used to react to him and how his music is preaching interfaithism and global unity and how the world sings right along... but if it's not something that people here see as important pertaining to end times prophecy, well, I guess I just see things differntly... I'll drop it and when the world is singing WE ARE THE WORLD rallying under the NWO banner to "save the planet", I'll be looking up to heaven with all of you looking for our Savior Jesus Christs return. So I'll drop it.

Please come soon Lord Jesus and save us from ourselves!

:praying:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 am

I'm sorry, I just had to post this...

:bag:

Glenn Beck Gets its!

Just watch the opening four minutes and he NAILS IT right on the head!

Glenn Beck Show Discussion – June 24, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBbVETii ... r_embedded

Ofcourse, I recommend watching the entire episode as well, Beck gives an EXCELLENT history lesson! :mrgreen:
Last edited by denise on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby burien1 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 am

:rolllaughing: Denise, today of all days, I knew you wouldn`t be able to resist. God bless you, dear sister ! You`re very much appreciated here.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 am

Thankyou!

:alrighty:


I love ALL OF YOU very much!

:hugs2:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: If We All Cry At The Same Time Tonight...

Postby denise on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Inlight of all the recent developments with the New Black Panther Party and the NAACP resolution against the Tea Party, I find this HIGHLY interesting... take it for what it is, but we all know, "The way California goes, the way the rest of the country goes." When the Largest state in the union has the NAACP petitioning to make TWICE accused child molestor's "playground" a state park, SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT...

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/07/13/288594 ... rland.html

July 13, 2010

NAACP moves to make Neverland a state park

As home to pop legend Michael Jackson, Neverland Ranch housed a working locomotive, a Ferris wheel and other amusement park rides, a 10,000-volume library and a zoo.

But could the opulent Santa Barbara County estate become home to California's newest state park?

A resolution is in the works to order state parks officials to study converting the roughly 2,600-acre property into a state park. The state NAACP is backing the idea, and a lawmaker has signaled he is on board to carry the legislation.

"I think Michael's history is world history and I think it would become the No. 1 attraction for the state parks if we could pull it off," said state NAACP President Alice Huffman, who also serves on the state Parks Commission.

Huffman said in addition to celebrating Jackson's contributions to music and pop culture, Neverland would join Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park as state parks honoring African Americans. Those factors, she said, would make Neverland a "great, great addition to the state parks system."

Assemblyman Mike Davis, who chairs of the Assembly Committee on Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media, said while details of the resolution still need to be worked out, he thought the idea made "great sense" when it was first proposed to him at a recent reception.

"If they want to do it, I think it would be a great venture for the Parks Department of the state given the worldwide success (of Michael Jackson) and the fact that the state is lucky to have this property in our state," the Los Angeles Democrat said.


:doh:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Next

Return to AoC /Beast From the Earth Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron