Pope worship Lucifer

News about the UN's Alliance of Civilizations and the end-time false religious system

Pope worship Lucifer

Postby 4givenmuch on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

http://newsgru.com/lucifer-is-god-declared-by-pope-francis/

Can someone explain what I am missing here? It is only a few minutes long and I would greatly appreciate it!
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Re: Pope worship Lucifer

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 pm

I don't speak the language. Does anyone speak the language who can CONFIRM what this video is telling us the priest(s) are saying?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby plalgum on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 am

We need someone who speaks Latin to watch and comment on this. Anybody know of someone?
plalgum

Postby mark s on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:47 am

I don't speak Latin, but I do happen to know that "Lucifer" is not actually the devil's name, but is simply a Latin translation of the Hebrew text. "Lucifer" means "light bringer". When you go to the passage in Isaiah where the Latin Vulgate uses this word, it's actually talking about the king of Babylon, and is used in an adjectival sense.

The passage is often applied to Satan ("adversary", the nominative commonly used for the devil in the Bible). But that does not mean we should lift this Latin word out and somehow make it to be Satan's "name".

I'm not one to defend the Catholic church, but it could be that they are using the word according to it's meaning, and not according to many people's misconception.

Just some food for thought . . .

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:23 am

I have no desire to "add to" what the Catholic church does all on it's own to distress our Father in Heaven. I can see that the maker of this video wants us to believe their overwritten text and draw the conclusion that at this Catholic service they were outright worshipping satan, something I seriously doubt actually happened, as you have a Congregation of sheeple there....and it just seems unlikely that all in attendance were operating in that capacity. The scripture "My people perish for lack of knowledge" is often on my mind, because the deceiver is cunning and so much smoother at getting the believers off track than this video would imply.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:21 pm

plalgum wrote:We need someone who speaks Latin to watch and comment on this. Anybody know of someone?

It might be hard to find someone who speaks Latin, but you can always try Google translator: https://translate.google.com/

mark s wrote: When you go to the passage in Isaiah where the Latin Vulgate uses this word, it's actually talking about the king of Babylon, and is used in an adjectival sense.

To me, this is no different from Ezekiel talking about the king of Tyre (Eze 28). He starts out talking about the prince of Tyre, then segways into the power behind the power, who is clearly not a human being. If we assume Isaiah is talking about a mortal man, how could he ascend to heaven, exalt his throne above the stars of God; sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north; and ascend above the heights of the clouds?

mark s wrote:Lucifer" means "light bringer".

That should be a clue, it is not uncommon for divine beings to be associated in those terms. The Book of Job calls them morning stars, in Genesis the serpent or nachash means "bright, brazen" or "the shining one", Jesus is called a morning star (Rev 22:16), angels are often identified as having a white brilliance about them.

mark s wrote:The passage is often applied to Satan ("adversary", the nominative commonly used for the devil in the Bible). But that does not mean we should lift this Latin word out and somehow make it to be Satan's "name".

In Hebrew it is not uncommon for an adjective to be converted for use as a noun, for example "holy one". It is also not uncommon for Hebrew names to have a meaning behind them, which describe their characteristics.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby mark s on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:41 am

Hi Jericho,

I don't want to divert the thread to this topic, so I'll just say these things, and leave it at that.

In the Ezekiel passage there is a address to the prince of Tyre, and a lament over the king of Tyre, and in these two portions, one is addressed to the man, and the other to the spirit being behind the man, apparently the devil, by the wording.

In the Isaiah passage, the expression is to the intent, not necessarily the ability, of the king of Babylon. The lament is, "you are brought down to Sheol", which will not be the Satan's fate. He will lay in maggots and worms, a dead body buried. Satan will be bound in the abyss, and then tossed into the lake of fire. The question is asked, "Is this the man who made the earth tremble?"

It may be that the aspirations attributed to the king of Babylon apply just the same to Satan, and many believe that is so. My point is simply to say that "Lucifer" is not a Biblical name for the devil.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby kirthril on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:56 pm

I commented on a discussion revolving around this very subject a while ago.

Lucifer in latin means "lightbringer" or "morning star" or "shining one" and is essentially used to describe anything that gives off radiant light. That means Jesus, God, Satan, angels, stars...

Lucifer is not the devils name. Its satan.
Here is a quote from that discussion:
The video is misleading. VERY misleading. Lucifer in Latin means "bringer of light", "morning star", "light bringer" etc.. and is used to describe not only Satan, but God and Jesus as well. The word Lucifer appears in the bible many times, and several of those times it clearly isn't referring to satan but to Jesus/God.

From wiki:
Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the devil; as he was before his fall.[16] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan/the Devil in the church and in popular literature",[12] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno and John Milton's Paradise Lost.[10] However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.[

Lucifer didn't always stand for the devil. Lucifer is a descriptive word (in latin) not a proper name. The devil's name is Satan, Lucifer, a description, means light bringer and is used to refer to any celestial body or bright spiritual being, including Jesus.

That video is either a intentional or a non-intentional means to deceive and get Christians fighting each other. Satans name is Satan, not Lucifer. Lucifer is a adjective to describe a bright object. The prayer in Latin at the beginning of the video, properly translated to English goes like this:

"His flame "bringing light" to His own creation..."
"May I say, O "morning star", who knows no setting..."

One cannot translate all but one word from one language to another. If one is going to translate, translate 100% of the words, rather than the one to start controversy. This is deception and intended to cause fights. Once again, in the early church "Lucifer" was used to describe both Jesus/God and Satan due to the fact that the bible describes and even calls all 3 as beings shining of light. God emanates/radiates light, Jesus is the light of the world and he too radiates light, Satan was a bright angel. The adjective "Lucifer" would be used to describe all 3 in Latin.

The problem is that at some point the church decided to use "Lucifer" a adjective as a proper name in place of Satan. And that's why the confusion if you ever read the bible in Latin or hear a Latin prayer whenever a being of light or bright celestial body is referred to. :a3: :grin:
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Man, I love the FP crowd. God is so good and I am so grateful He led me to you all years back.....you get REAL answers here.....the best of the best reside here. I love you all!!!! :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby 4givenmuch on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Thank you all! I was hoping there was an explanation!
:blahblah: "Phew!"
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby plalgum on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 am

Still say the Pope has the spirit of Antichrist

He said

The cross was God's failure

Dangerous to have a personal relationship with Jesus!

And the abomination of his ecumenical movement.
plalgum

Postby kirthril on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:41 am

plalgum wrote:Still say the Pope has the spirit of Antichrist

He said

The cross was God's failure

Dangerous to have a personal relationship with Jesus!

And the abomination of his ecumenical movement.

Absolutely correct. 100% agreed.

Catholics who pay attention have called him a Anti-pope. There have been several anti-popes leading the church throughout history who deviate from scripture and try to instil heresy. They have been called out on it and this pope as well will go down as a anti-pope.

This current pope is not the "leader" of the Catholic Christian Church.
At least, not to those who know their God and their Bible.
kirthril

Postby lepter on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:31 am

So when it says "oh how you have fallen from heaven oh lucifer, son of the morning" , who is he talking about? Just trying to understand.
lepter

Postby kirthril on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:50 am

lepter wrote:So when it says "oh how you have fallen from heaven oh lucifer, son of the morning" , who is he talking about? Just trying to understand.

I didn't see that line in this video...

and as I stated in quotation above, in the Latin language, lucifer is an adjective to describe something bright and biblically can refer to God, Jesus, Satan, angels, stars...

Satan's name is Satan.
kirthril

Postby lepter on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm

kirthril wrote:
lepter wrote:So when it says "oh how you have fallen from heaven oh lucifer, son of the morning" , who is he talking about? Just trying to understand.

I didn't see that line in this video...

and as I stated in quotation above, in the Latin language, lucifer is an adjective to describe something bright and biblically can refer to God, Jesus, Satan, angels, stars...

Satan's name is Satan.

I always thought it was an example of God using sarcasm. He wants to be the morning star....but is fallen from heaven. Doesnt satan mean accuser? He is also called the devil too. Im sure he has many names.
lepter

Return to AoC /Beast From the Earth Watch