Holly's Thoughts 6/17/ - A Legacy

Holly's Thoughts 6/17/ - A Legacy

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:15 pm

A Legacy

My dad's funeral was yesterday. I thought I'd share some details for those who couldn't attend.

The pastor opened by reading from Romans 8:28-39, which says that all things work together for good for those who love God and that nothing, even death, can separate them from God's love.

Everyone then sang the song, "It Is No Secret." My dad always told my mom that, when he died, he wanted two songs sung at his funeral: "It Is No Secret" and "In the Garden." A soloist sang "It Is No Secret" a capella, and everyone sang "In the Garden" from a hymnal. "It Is No Secret" was my dad's favorite song because it informs people that God's life-changing salvation is freely available to everyone.

The pastor then spoke about Herb's life and impact in the community and through FP. This was followed by a time for people to share personal stories about Herb. It was amazing to see how many people he impacted through his different spheres of life. Some shared stories of how he sacrificially served them through his insurance business, going far beyond the call of duty to help them. Others shared about Herb's dedication to his family. And others shared about Herb's influence on their lives through FP. Everyone described him as always helpful, kind, gentle and joyful, with a smile continually on his face. The pastor also read two comments from the FP discussion board.

The pastor said Herb has truly left a legacy and urged all those in attendance to ponder what their own legacy will be. He emphasized the hope of heaven Herb had and encouraged people to find that hope for themselves through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Several local people from FP attended, as well as one gentleman who came all the way from Texas. It also was a joy to speak with another gentleman from Hollywood. Thank you to all of you who've sent flowers, plants, cards and donations. The FP family has showed an amazing outpouring of love and support to Herb and our entire family that has strengthened us during this time. The donations provided all Herb's funeral and burial expenses -- a beautiful gift from all of you.

After the service, people drove to the cemetery where the pastor spoke a few more words about Herb's hope. He quoted from C.S. Lewis' book The Last Battle (part of the Chronicles of Narnia series). In the quote, Aslan (a lion, who represents Christ) describes death as a bright new beginning, telling the children (who represent God's people): "The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."

After the graveside service, everyone headed back to the church for a time of fellowship and enjoyed a lunch generously provided by the church's women's ministry.

Many people told our family how uplifting the funeral was -- with no despair and lots of hope. They were inspired by Herb's legacy and the funeral's focus on Jesus -- just as Herb's always was and still is.

06-17-2007

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/a_legacy.html
Last edited by Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Thank you Holly!!! Some of us could not attend for various reasons. The knowledge that the service was uplifting for all of us as well as your family...soothes my heart in this hour of loss. What a witness and example Herb has been for so many. Thank you again Holly and Linda, for sharing this intimate moment with those of us at FP, who know Your wonderful family only through FP!
Last edited by Lookfortruth on Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby joyfulchild on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:46 pm

Holly I would have LOVED to come to the funeral.Here in Australia it was probably just the other aussie on the forum and me both sobbing :cry: inwardly to ourselves over the loss of Herb.It would have meant a lot to share the grief with others and thats where your reports and updates as well as the others here have been wonderful.He is in a GREAT place now and thats such a comfort to know.I hope that you and Adam and Linda are staying close at this time.I too have suffered loss :( in such a speedy manner and it is a SHOCK no matter what so take it easy on yourself as long as you need.
We ALL support you :a2: during this difficult time.
kind regards
Melanie
joyfulchild

Postby GotJesus on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Holly,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted and letting us share in the process through your beautiful written words...

As I read this to my wife, she was amazed at your ability to write and it touched us to hear how uplifting the funeral was...I am sure that is exactly what Herb would of wanted...All about Jesus.

I was fortunate enough to get out to Detroit last fall and meet him and spend a few days at the conference with him...I am glad I got to meet him in person and it will be great to spend time with him in eternity. I will not forget talking to him, and I remember him telling me about how skeptical he was when he started this journey and how he got involved more to disprove the word...and instead fell in love with Jesus :)

It has been a difficult week as I have thought alot about Herb and how he has impacted me and my walk with the lord...I have been coming to the boards and reading his posts for over 18 months and I loved following his writings and updates. He has inspired me to learn more about God's Word and to look at the events around us with a completely different eye.

He had a gift of reporting the events unlike anyone else, and was not afraid to say it like it is...God gave him insight to what was happening and used Herb to spread gods love and gods word. The Amazing part about Herb was the Love in his eyes and the gentleness of his spirit, but most of all his love for Jesus and the deep passion to share the Purpose God Had created him for....

I pray as we go on that we all will continue what Herb has started here...He has given us the opportunity to become "Awake" and see things from a spiritual sense that has biblical implications for every human being on this silly planet. I am sure God Took Herb and is now saying, Well Done my good and Faithful servant...

There is work to be done and time is short, Herb taught us that...I pray that I am up to the challenge and as things progressively get worse for all Christians as the end time events unfold, that I Too can stand like Herb did and speak the truth of God's Word...

I hope you will continue here Holly and if there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me for anything ..

Sam Clark
207-795-0395
sam@samuelclark.com
Last edited by GotJesus on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GotJesus

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:54 pm

:wow: :praise: :praise:
AndCanItBe

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:07 pm

Holly,

I have reminisced about how wonderful Herb was to work with on the FP board. His love of the Lord, the Word, prophecy, honesty, as well as a subtle sense of humor were the examples he set for the team of admins and mods. He made us aware of the confidence, appreciation, and trust he placed in us as well as his hope to provide a welcoming place for members to discuss scripture.

I so admired his ability and diligence in reporting world events as they relate to end times as well as his willingness to respond to any and all questions posed by members. He was a fine example of a watchman of the Lord who warned of impending danger.

Isa 21:12 The watchman says, "Morning comes but also night. If you would inquire, inquire; Come back again."
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Praise the Lord!

Postby Mario on Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:29 pm

Holly,

What a great witness! Even in his business life, Herb touched others with the gift of Christ's love. Thanks for the overview. It's a privilege to be part of Herb's larger family. My prayers are with you!
Mario

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:17 pm

:a3: :a3: :a3:
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby BeTheMoon on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:43 pm

What a legacy! The light of the Lord touched many though Herb.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Re: Holly's Thoughts 6/17/ - A Legacy

Postby davis5454 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:17 pm

The donations provided all Herb's funeral and burial expenses -- a beautiful gift from all of you.

Isn't it amazing the amount of love and grace that can be found in God's family!

I'm so happy that everyone here could contribute in some way...either financially, or through thoughts and sharing of memories on the board.

This truly is one of the most amazing examples of unity that I have ever seen in the body of Christ.

Herb touched us all with his love and insight.

BD
davis5454

Postby Kipp21 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:03 pm

I'm a 21 year old male in Denver, CO. I have never posted on the site before, yet I have viewed it a few times a day RELIGOUSLY for about the past year. Herb's work has touched me in a way I can't explain. As we all know, witnessing to ANY non-believer is quite the task, but I have found it especially hard with my age group and demographic. FP has been such a blessing to myself and countless others I've managed to witness to through this site. Thank you so much Herb!

When I first read about Herb's health I was deeply concerned. When I logged on about a week ago and read that Herb had passed I was envious, shocked, and sad. I was envious because Herb had finally made it home, finally saw Jesus face to face, and knew the end times scenario in full from the Lord Himself. I was shocked with how fast and unexpected he had passed. Finally, I was obviously sad since I had been following this mans work so diligently, every day, for a year...and sad for his family. My heart literally sank to my knees and my eyes started tearing up. It's odd...it's almost as if I knew him personally (I'm sure that's how all of you felt upon reading that!)

My prayers go out to you Holly...I look forward to seeing you further your fathers legacy :a2: As a brother in Christ, I love you Herb! I can't wait for all of us to meet you once we get there...
"...For many are invited, but few are chosen."- Jesus Christ
Kipp21

Postby Operator on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:05 pm

:welcome: Kipp21

Glad to have you with us!!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Thank you Holly

Postby bluejay on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Thank you Holly for sharing with us. I never had the chance to meet your Dad, and yet I 'm so sad as if he was my close friend. Its so weird. I just knew him and the love he showed for Jesus through his writing. He taught me a lot that I never knew - about whats going on in our world and being strong. I felt as if God lead me to his site. I had to move far away from my family for my husbands job. I was so depressed and started reading the Bible much more for comfort. The move had brought me closer to God. Then for some reason- one day your Dad's site came up and then I was so hooked on his writing. It has woked me up and I had to read the Bible even more. I know in my heart that Jesus will be back for us soon. Thats when I finally figured it out even if I don't like where I live, thats ok for this world isn't my home any way. So your Dad got there before us! Lucky guy! Can't wait to meet heaven. Mean while this will be hard not seeing his writing anymore. I know that it will be hard for you to fill his shoes. But I know out of his love you can do it. I will stay tune.
Susan :a2:
bluejay

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:02 pm

I love that even in his passing, Herb is bringing more of us out of the woodwork. It's awesome to hear that the testimonies so closely mirror mine.
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ogs on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:54 pm

I also wanted to chime in and share what a blessing Herb was to me personally & offer up my condolences to Holly & all your family. I have quite literally been following Herbs "What Herb Thinks" from the beginning. 9/11 was my 'wake up' call.. in the months that ensued I devoted much of my free time to prophecy since I felt called to understand the times we're living in. It was while I was doing this that it dawned on me to see if there was anyone out there that was tracking 'fulfilled prophecy'.. With curiousity nipping at me, I performed a google & thus began my journey with Herb. It was a brand new site at that time, only a few months old, it didn't even have a chat forum. It wasn't long before one was created & I was a part of that. Then life got crazy, and although I continued to read Herbs reports, didn't have the same level of free time to devote to the discussions held here. Because of Herb, I was not only baptized in 2004, I also began to speak more openly about end times to anyone that cared enough to listen. I have shared this site with countless others in the hope of them coming to Christ too. If only Herb knew just how many many others hearts & minds he has touched.

As the torch is passed onto you Holly, I will pray that the good Lord will continue to guide your steps & bless you with the same wisdom your father held. What a good, kind, wise & generous man he was. I am truly going to miss him.

Thank-you Herb, for all you have done for all of us.. you were a blessing to everyone fortunate enough to know you. You have fought the good fight, and rest assuredly now in the Lord. Hallelujah! Amen & amen.
ogs

Postby TRUTHSPEAK on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Holly,

I haven't been posting on the board for some time now, but I've been keeping up to date nearly everyday with FP. I just want to say that I know Herb was a true born again believer in Jesus Christ and his legacy of love, hope, mercy, and truthfulness will live on in to eternity.

May God Bless you & every member of your family

And May God Bless the family here at FP

:a3:
TRUTHSPEAK

Postby Disciple on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:28 pm

Holly,
I have been a daily visitor here at FP for the last year and a half...I decided to register and become a part of the forum at this time because I feel that your father greatly impacted my walk with the Lord and I want to be a part of his legacy here at FP. I would like to express my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I know that I was very shocked and saddened by his sudden passing...I cannot fathom how you must feel. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so.
Disciple

Postby ghost rider on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:53 pm

I've been away awhile and I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. His life was a beacon to so many, and I've learned and been alerted to so much from your father's ministry and am eternally grateful.

As your father taught, the end is very near and it would seem the Lord is calling his warriors home. First was Ruth Graham and now your Dad.

May God comfort you in this time of difficulty and grief, but find peace in the important truth your father spread on behalf of Jesus.

Blessing to you and your family.
ghost rider

Return to Herb's Promotion