I will miss my best friend Herb

I will miss my best friend Herb

Postby Herenow on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:12 pm

I don't know where to post this. I have been away from the board for many years, but Herb and I live in the same area.

Today is friday, June 15th. I haven't talked with the Peters family in a long time. I was going to Herbs house today when I stopped to talk with a friend who told me Herb has passed. I was headed over to his house to discuss a matter. I have never been so numb, Herb helped me through some really tuff times. He showed me how to get away from the religious spirit and have a personal relationship with God.

I used to go by the name of "in the desert" or "ITD".
There are many new folks here and I see many others I knew have moved on.

I remember talking with Herb years ago just before Holley bought him a web sight, he asked me, "dennis what will people do if I provide them with the facts?" "but I believe with all my heart this is what God wants me to do"

Shortly there after FP and the board was born. I was realy excited for Herb. He longed to share his insights from the biblical standpoint of world events and how they related to modern day revelation.

Holley shared that her father would help those in need, pray for them and share the gospel any time the chance was available. I was one of those who Herb helped. I was actualy at a point where I had given up, and probably would have done myself in, but Herb saw through me and began to share God's Word with me, showing me there was a difference between putting ones faith in man and "the church" and having a personal relationship with God.

What a great witness this brother was for me. I would stop by Herb's business about once a week and talk about events unfolding in the world and there relationship with biblical prophecy.

----------------------------------------

I love the Lord with all my heart today, but I believe I would have stepped away if Herb had not heard the Holy Spirit telling him to witness to me.
This was not an uncommon thing for Herb and Linda any week of the month.

I just wanted others to know that the Peters family have been a great inspiration in our community as well here on FP.

My brother I will miss you greatly! But know you have left behind a witness that has blessed many.

May the Lord bless the Peters family with strength, peace and wisdom.

God bless you all!

Dennis W. Weldon Ca
Herenow

Postby mommyjen on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:15 pm

:hugs2: big hugs! Thanks for sharing that!
mommyjen

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:37 pm

May we all be such humble, willing vessels as Herb Peters was to reach out to those in the name of the Lord Jesus! Thank you Dennis!!!
Salty Skipper

Postby Mr Dan on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:40 am

Thanks for sharing that. I didnt know Herb, I talked to him over a couple emails but thats it. But I never heard anyone say anything bad about him, he was spoken of always with respect and so many people who never met him had such love for him. When Herb posted his thoughts on the main page I sensed a very gentle soul behind those words and knew this was somebody who had something to say worth listening to. Im thankful the Lord lead me here.
Mr Dan

Postby Herenow on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Thank you all. If you talked with Herb or met him in person he was the same. Herb was real, he was no different weather talking e-mail or in person. I just found out that "Habbakuk" from a few years ago has also passed. This has been a very hard weekend for me. These two brothers and losing two family members all in the last two weeks have really taken its toll on me. God bless the Peters family and FP

Herenow
Herenow

Postby farmer on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:09 pm

Thank you Dennis!
farmer

Postby Passion on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Herenow wrote:This has been a very hard weekend for me. These two brothers and losing two family members all in the last two weeks have really taken its toll on me. God bless the Peters family and FP

Herenow

:praying: for God-given strength and encouragement for you, Dennis, as this must be such a difficult and wrenching time for you!

Thank you for sharing your story and memories of Herb with us. I never met him, so every "I remember when" about him that I read here at FP makes him just that much more "familiar" to me....like I'm getting to know him more, even though he's been "promoted"........

I just love that! "Promoted"! What an apt description of what's really happened to him! :praise:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Return to Herb's Promotion