Update: Funeral Details

Update: Funeral Details

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 pm

Last edited by Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Finaldash on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Oh how I wish I could be there. If only I was still in Socal.
With such short notice it's not possible for me. Also a $1200 ticket from Alaska is steep. I decided to give above my normal donation for not being present for Herb's funeral.

:cry:
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby saved2001 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:15 am

Linda, Holly and Adam,

I have such sorrow upon the news of Herb's passing, however, he is with Jesus now and that is something I must remind myself of.

It is a joy to have read about some of the wonderful moments you Holly have shared with your Dad. It is obvious that together with Linda he has created a wonderful family and we at FP are truly lucky to reap what he has sown.

I am confident that you will continue to keep watch and report the news as it relates to prophecy, in your father's absence.

I cannot attend the funeral, but will endeavour to donate what I can.

Much love and prayerful thoughts to you all. I will stay tuned.

Your Sister in Christ.
saved2001

Postby User Formerly Known As on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:51 am

Stunning news.
Noel J. Hadley
User Formerly Known As

Postby kids on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 am

Praying for comfort and peace today for the Peter's family and friends. That our Lord has taken care of all the little details to make the funeral service run smoothly and bring honor to a humble, loving, God serving man as those left behind remember his life.

As we celebrate a life well lived for the kingdom, I'll be praying with thanksgiving to the Lord for placing Herb, his ministry and this website into my life.

Till we meet in heaven, I will miss you Herb.

Sister in Christ,
Nancy
kids

Postby AndCanItBe on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:02 am

Lord, please be with Linda, Holly, Adam, and Daniel today, as well as the rest of those family and friends who were close to Herb whose names I do not know. Give them physical strength to get through this day. Please provide them with opportunities to sit when the feet and backs start aching, and please help them to encourage each other to eat and drink plenty of fluids. Please give them spiritual strength today to show their unsaved family and friends that we are not those that grieve without hope. Let the gospel be seen and heard and preached at the funeral today, for your glory. We thank you for the blessing you gave us through Herb's obedience to you and rejoice in your abundant mercy that assures us that we'll see him again someday. Amen.
AndCanItBe

Postby Lookfortruth on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:11 am

:a3: ACIB! I would also pray that we all remember Herb by the great work he did for the Lord here on earth. His gentle kindness for his brethren, and his zest for heading to where the Holy Spirit directed him. Please give comfort to his family and friends, and let us hold him in our hearts until we are able to see him face to face in the new kingdom.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Salty Skipper on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:04 am

In agreement... :a3:
Salty Skipper

Postby Passion on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:08 pm

:praying: in agreement! And Lord, may the great witness that we just know this whole funeral/grieving-with-hope process is going to be, penetrate the hardness of heart of the unbelievers who will be there today, and near the Peters family in the days to come; and may these then turn to Jesus, and be saved! Amen.
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Return to Herb's Promotion