Tuned In! In honor of Herb

Tuned In! In honor of Herb

Postby member x on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:41 pm

I had hoped to meet Herb face to face one day. I am struck with an overwhelming sadness upon hearing of Herb’s passing. Some might seem it odd that a man I have never met would mean so much to me, though you my friends here at FP understand. I praise God that he took Herb home quickly, not prolonging his suffering. I also find great comfort and excitement, knowing that Herb is with Jesus – and knowing on the other side of eternity we will have a chance to meet.

Like many of you, I feel the Lord led me to Herb. Since a child, I had a feeling that the end was very close, and perhaps could happen in my lifetime. I fell away for many years, all while hearing the subtle, yet loving voice of Jesus warning me that time is short. I have always had a passion for understanding eschatology even though so much of it I didn’t understand. My mother would give me tapes of Revelation studies, which surprisingly were fairly well done. It provided me a base, I believe, for my encounter of the information that Herb would provide.

Having rededicated my life to Jesus, I found myself earnestly wanting to know how close we are to His return. Things in the world seemed amiss, things seemed close, yet I could not connect the dots. I fervently asked our Lord for understanding. My gut told me we were very close, closer than anyone might imagine, yet I could not see the details. I could see the writing on the wall, the outline if you will, but I could not read it.

Shortly after my prayers for understanding, my pastor began a year-long series on Revelation. I was elated, finally more understanding. In this journey is when I would discover Herb. My pastor, having learned of Recommendation 666 and the ENP, spoke on it when he reached Revelation 13. I was astonished at which I immediately went home to find out anything and everything I could on this discovery.

What I found was not just details on Recommendation 666 and the ENP. Yes, while I did find an enormous amount of information – a free book even! But what was most valuable was witnessing an obedient servant humbly and lovingly report his findings. I was introduced to a wonderful man of God in Herb Peters.

Often times I would be in awe with the wisdom Herb would display. God placed him in a position to shine, and shine he did. Being in such a vulnerable position, Herb was prone to attacks – yet He responded in love, always with Godly wisdom. I found myself many times wanting to display the same characteristics.

I have learned so much about current world affairs and how it may tie into Bible prophecy, thanks to Herb, but more importantly I witnessed a man who was daily conforming to the image of Jesus – and it was evident.
I thank you Herb for being a light! I shed a tear today hearing the news. Yes, I am sad like many of you. However, the wonderful hope of Jesus Christ was in you – and I look forward to the FP reunion that will occur in our Fathers house.

By your obedience, many have been tuned in, many friendships have developed, and the Love of Christ has been witnessed. Thank you for being obedient!

I believe you were right on many things - and if so, we are not far behind!
member x
Supporting Member

Postby member x on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 pm

FP - I would like to dedicate this thread as a tribute to Herb.
Please post your feelings as to what Herb meant to you.
member x
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:04 pm

:a3: to everything you have said MemberX. I've known since a kid that I would be here to see these days. There have been times when I didn't want it to be the end, but I'm 99% sure it is. Found this site from reading at another near the beginning of the message board (I'm not sure when that would have been), and knew in my heart, right away that Herb was onto something big.

God used Herb in ways that we will not know of until we are all face to face with the Lord. May we all be such willing and humble vessels. God can use anybody, anytime, anywhere if they will let Him.

God is so good! Praise the Lord for Herb Peters and his entire family!!!!! What a blessing to have been able to enjoy the fruits of his salvation here. Blessing upon blessing upon blessing!!!!!!

:praise:
Salty Skipper

Postby mark s on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Herb has shown himself faithful to his calling. This site has been a gold mine of information, which I have shared with my family, my friends, my Bible study groups, my pastor, and soon with my church.

Herb led the way in uniting an on-line family that has been a joy to be a part of, and I simply wish to say,

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the good work you've done through this servant of Yours!

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Herb has shown himself faithful to his calling. This site has been a gold mine of information, which I have shared with my family, my friends, my Bible study groups, my pastor, and soon with my church.

Herb led the way in uniting an on-line family that has been a joy to be a part of, and I simply wish to say,

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the good work you've done through this servant of Yours!

I couldn't say it any better, Mark. :a3:
AndCanItBe

Postby water on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Finding this site has kept me on target with how close we really are.

Herb's insight and (I know he would reject this title, but I know it is true) genius was used by God to light up what for so many is dark and hard to understand.

Herb's leadership and godliness have kept my heart and mind on the sharpening stone of God's word. I have grown a lot here and learned so much...but most of all, I have stayed alert and watching as a result of Herb's ministry.

We will all see him again soon!
Now is the time to be the Sons of Issachar - 1 Chronicles 12:32

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby JABova on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:21 pm

member x wrote:FP - I would like to dedicate this thread as a tribute to Herb.
Please post your feelings as to what Herb meant to you.

I had composed a message offline with the same idea member x, you beat me to the punch! Touche'. Here is what I wrote, unedited:

I know that I have only posted here a few times, and many of you really don’t know much about me or even each other. But we all have three things in common, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and deep interest in prophecy, and Fulfilled Prophecy, the brain child of the Herb Peters under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. So I thought I would start a separate thread in Herb’s honor, and note a few things that his ministry has meant to me. I would encourage anyone who feels as moved as I do to consider the same.

I’ve been a closet (Laodicean) type Christian for about 30 years, hot and cold (=lukewarm), never sure where my feeble faith would take me. However, I have always had a love of the prophetic Word (I still struggle with Numbers and Leviticus – sorry Lord), and started a new round of research into end times prophecy about two years ago trying to fill a vacuum in my heart. Then one day I stumbled upon FP. I can’t recall the details (be glad), but I can tell you that FP became the center or spring board of my studies.

Here’s why…

The teacher at FP was reporter, a true journalist, not a dogmatic preacher who knew all the answers. He reported facts and proposed interpretation, but always noted which were which.

The perspectives and editorials Herb wrote actually made sense to me. I had always questioned the wisdom of even the most well regarding preachers because there were holes in their logic. At least that’s how it seemed to me. I won’t go into details (and please NO debates right now), but when the Bible says the last trump, it seemed way wrong for there to be more trumpet blasts after the last trump.

Herb tried to place the pieces of the geo-political puzzle on the Bible; he did not try to place the Bible on the puzzle. If this does not make sense, just consider that the Bible is foundation of all our knowledge; it tells the end from the beginning. Therefore we should not dissect It trying to make It fit current and historical events (or science), we need to fit reality into the Word.

The discussion boards were full of people that had discussions and debates, wholesome discussion, not posturing, name calling, or other destructive comments. Any time a rule was bent or broken, the issue was handled in love and respect.

Many of those who posted in the discussion forums, had real deep insight into the Word, and understood that their interpretation was just that, an interpretation base on man’s limited understanding. Truth was and is always sought, not compromise or appeasement.

There was always a bit of comic relief, a very necessary ingredient for good wholesome living. (BTW, try to visualize a camel going through the eye of a needle, I’ll bet the Lord had the apostles in stitches.)

Finally (because this is getting long), I have found a new vigor and a renewed passion for the Lord and His Word. Is this because of Herb Peters, FP, and all the Members? NO. It was the moving of the Holy Spirit on my live that used Herb Peters, Fulfilled Prophecy and all the members to help rekindle the first love, the Lord himself did the rest. And for that I thank the Lord, Herb and his family, and all of YOU!

-Joe
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:11-12 (KJV)
JABova

Postby Seth on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Last week's notice was a shock, so this caught me really off guard. I appreciated Herb's work and dedication to this site. He was an encouragement to me, I am connected in a very pre-trib camp. Here was his words of encouragement to me...............

I have upgraded your membership John. Thanks for your montly support. You are far from alone. I believe many are held in the pre-trib camp for the same reason. Sometimes I think that's why the Lord may have revealed certain things to me. I am free to speak out where others can't. Just knowing that you are there means a lot to me. Thanks again John!
"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity." Daniel Webster
Seth
Supporting Member

Postby smallisland on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:35 pm

All I can say is that discovering this site and learning from Herb has turned my life upside down in less than a year. It means a lot to me.
smallisland

Postby Chinook on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:45 pm

What a man of God! Herb, you will be dearly missed but you are now in the presence of your Beautiful Saviour. This is the day you have prepared your whole life for. Rest gently in His loving Arms. We will be with you soon.
Chinook

Postby zeliot on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:59 pm

I dont post much. But I will say this Herb was a good guy. We emailed back and forth a few times he always responded to my emails. I went to order his book for my wifes grandmother and was having issues. I emailed him he sent me a copy I guess from his own stash of copies. I was glad cause I woulda had to wait otherwise and since it was a christmas gift that wouldnt have been an option.

He's really shed a ton of light on many aspects of prophecy that I'm not sure i would have come accross had it not been for him.

He served very well. I'm sorta jealous of his new position. He must be rather elated right now to be standing with the Lord. Wow what a feeling that must be. Way to go Herb!!
zeliot

Postby mouserpg on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 pm

Herb meant a lot to me. For the past few years I'd tune in here and read the events almost daily, sometimes multiple times. The same with the message board.

I used to be really heavy into numerology and dreams (most of which weren't from God), and I asked Herb about some of them, expecting him to have all the answers. His response was completely different than what I expected, and it was very good and gentle. He simply told me to focus on Jesus. That advice was just awesome, and led to me forsaking the whole numerology nonsense. I wanted to PM Holly and ask her to thank her father for me, but I felt if I did not do it then, I would not have another chance. Unfortunately, I didn't get that chance... I decided not to post it, for reasons I don't understand at all.

And that's just the tip of the Iceberg. He did a lot of other good things too, and especially helped me a LOT.

Well all know Herb's in Heaven with Jesus now. If he's reading this while up there, thanks Herb! If not, I'll get to tell him at the wedding supper.

For some reason, I don't find myself grieving for Herb at all. I feel at peace with it. He's now in Heaven, with Jesus, and his suffering is gone. He's now fully in the presence of eternal love.

:praise: for Herb.
mouserpg

Postby FreeInHim on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks for starting this thread, Member X.

Like Seth, I was shocked by last week’s announcement regarding Herb’s diagnosis. So today’s news has felt like the “two” in a one-two-punch, and I find myself on my knees.

I can’t really recall how I found FP last summer, but I do remember what a breath of fresh air it was (and still is). I’d spent months at a Christian apologetic forum that had deteriorated into atheists and apostates hijacking threads with little or no moderator intervention. It was chaotic and hate-filled.

Here at FP, it was (by comparison) extremely peaceful and much more Christian. The posts were intelligent, informative, mature, and respectful.

Like others here, as a child I also sensed the world was going to change in a huge way during my lifetime, but I was unaware of a biblical foundation for my feelings. My mother, who had planted the seed of Christ within me, died when I was still young; too young to know the Bible. (I still recall at age 4 trying to wrap my bitty brain around the concept that there was an invisible someone called “God” who was even greater than my parents and Santa Claus)! My father and subsequent step-mother didn’t believe in the Bible, so that was the end of going to church and learning anything of The Word until I was well into adulthood. But that sense of some impending global catastrophe stayed with me, along with a deep curiosity about God and a desire to know Him. In fact, it seemed God was always on my mind, even if for that day in the back of it.

Years of going down all the wrong paths and searching in all the wrong places finally, inevitably, brought me to the right place, and I literally lived Matt 7:7. I did ask, and it was given to me; I did seek, and I did find; I did knock, and it was opened to me. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t give thanks to God Almighty for blessing me with finding Him.

For several years I’ve been studying current events as a way of gauging how close we are to the Tribulation and, better, the day the Savior returns. FP has been such a blessing in that it gives me the ability to observe where we’re at on more of a day-to-day method, rather than a week-by-week approach. In truth, I don’t expect to live through the Tribulation, but the preparations I feel compelled to make I believe will benefit those believers who do survive.

Herb has been such a blessing to so many; more than he ever realized, I’m sure. His love of the Lord and his desire to follow Him and help others has resulted in so many of us “meeting” at FP, teaching and learning from one another, edifying and praying for each other. I so wish I’d met him, too. Funny how you always think, “Well, next time.” Guess the next time will have to be in the heavenly realms. I look forward to that meeting with Herb, as I do with all of you.
FreeInHim

Postby Sue-M on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:53 pm

When the twin towers were struck, I knew we were in the end times. I was given a computer for Christmas the year before 9/11. So, I started to look for end time information on line. I found a lot of websites and posting boards. I even got involved with two false prophets who claimed to be God's Two Witnesses. I looked and looked, but, never found anything that "rang true" in my heart.

About a year ago, someone posted (on another website) a link to this website. As soon as I read about Recommendation 666 and (actually) everything else on this site, I realized that this was it. I am positive that we are very close.

What is most amazing to me is how you can actually see God working in Herb's life. It's almost like Herb did what God had called him to do and then God called him home. First, Holly gives Herb this website as a Christmas gift. This website was a gift in celebration of God's birthday. That was the beginning. Then, Herb reports on here the entire layout of the prophecys that God gave to us in His Word. Herb is able to see the events of the day lining up with the end-times scriptures, exactly as God said. Then, Herb travels all around the country to physically spread the word. Herb feels that he is finished because all the end-time events are before us. Almost immediately upon Herb's return home, Herb finds out that he has two-three months to live. God decides when it's our time and not the doctors, so, God takes Herb home earlier than the doctors have said. See, God has used Herb to teach us. And the lesson continues even up to Herb's last day. God is in control. Not man.

My heart is broken today. My heart is broken for Herb's family. But, I know that Herb is in amazing glory with God. We can't even imagine the greatness of heaven.

I can't wait to meet Herb in heaven. But, mostly, I can't wait to see Jesus. I can't wait to thank God for His warning us through Herb. I can't wait to thank Jesus for saving me.
Sue-M

Postby Tex on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:55 pm

I was told about Herb's site, FulfilledProphecy by Arthur, a Christian Brother I was on tour with in Israel a few years ago. He gave me Herb's website one afternoon while we were off the bus in Jerusalem taking a break and talking. I logged on after returning home, ordered the book, and have anticipated reading "What Herb Thinks" ever since. I was facinated with his understanding of the EU and his ability to articulate the unfolding events in this area of the world destined to fulfill endtime events.

Herb you will be greatly missed! Rest in Peace.
Tex

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:22 pm

It was a little over a year ago that I stumbled on FP. At first, I was overwhelmed because there was soooo much information, and that was just on Herb's Commentary page! Once I jumped into the discussion board-zone - WOW!

What I loved most about Herb's style of reporting was that he included the actual news articles and links so that I could go and read it all myself. Sometimes, he didn't even comment on an article, it was just posted. This was encouraging to me because it didn't feel like it was in any way deceitful. Herb layed it all out on the line and left it to anyone reading to make up their mind.

The Godly love that is expressed throughout the threads also kept me coming back. We are all growing and continuing to learn. It wasn't too scary to post an opinion. I even braved the debate threads, and I'm not a debater! I encourage everyone to pass through and visit the prayer request area. You will find much joy in praying for others. Come on in!

I have been truly blessed by the fellowship from Herb's ministry. He has presented information that the Lord has used to open my eyes and many others. I look forward to the time ahead with Holly and Adam and I am excited to watch God continue to move through us here in the threads.

Even so, come quickly Yeshua!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby berean on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:31 pm

I stumbled across this site sometime in 2003 when surfing for prophecy news as was my habit to do in the afternoons after work. Ever since, I have come by daily to read what Herb had to say about the days events.

Although I seldom post, I feel as if I know many of you and Herb. My prayers are with you all as I know we are part of a unique community and are about to experience something never before experienced in the history of man.

I have been drawn to bible prophecy since I was 12 years old, since I read the Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. I am now 46. God has given me a thirst to know more about His plan of salvation for this lost and dying world. I just thank God for Herb's influence on me and now I hope he truly knows how thankful I am.

God has a plan for each of us here. Hear His voice and act on His urgings. Pray for me to do the same.

Blessings of Yeshua and love to you all.

Berean
berean

Postby notsure on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:07 pm

Without Herb, my husband and I would probably still have our head in the sand as it relates to how close we truly are. We both knew we will see it all come together but we never realized how close we truly were.

Nothing can ever begin to express how grateful we are and how Herb has made a HUGE influence in our lives.
notsure

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Herb led me to Jesus and my salvation. Crowns upon crowns and jewels upon jewels....Herb will have to turn around to pick all his crowns up to place at Jesus' feet. :wink:

Lord, I am SO VERY thankful we had time to tell him how much he meant to us.

Herb now has complete knowledge of what is to come...I bet he is just running around in Heaven happy as can be....now that he has all the doubts erased, all his questions answered...

He can now say for sure who is who and how it all ties together! How cool is that?!

You ran an amazing race, Herb. Your seeds have multiplied beyond our imaginiation...and your work here is complete. :a3:
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby mark s on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:55 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Herb led me to Jesus and my salvation. Crowns upon crowns and jewels upon jewels....

The most wonderful fruit of all!!!!!

:onlyjesus:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby denise on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:30 pm

Dear Holly and the Peters, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Finding Fulfilled Prophecy and your father's ministry is what lead me back to Jesus Christ and I am eternally thankful for his testimony and witness. This site and the members of this board have become a family to me and I only hope and pray that we will all step up to the plate and carry on the torch for your father.

Be a light unto the world!

Herb was one such light for Christ and Truth.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
denise

Postby kat on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:23 pm

What do I say? I owe so much to Herb! I like so many of you have felt/believed I was living in the end times since I was a little girl. I have always been fascinated by prophecy and how news/life events have matched with my feeble understanding of the bible. This site has given me understanding. Herb had the ability to break events down to my level-it all finally made sense!! I truly believe God led me here! God WANTS us to understand! He is not a God of confusion....I believe He used Herb as His tool....and Herb was a faithful servant! Through this site I have felt such strong connections with people I will probably never physically meet. That is priceless! For God to use this internet...that is so filled with evil...for HIS WILL....simply amazes me. Our God IS an AWESOME GOD! I am still dumbstruck that Holly has the knowledge of the other side of prophecy that we need-the false religion side....Nothing is a coincidence.
I look forward to continuing my journey of learning with all of you. Herb, I cannot wait to meet you in Heaven. I am a little jelous of where you sit right now...WHAT A VIEW! God Bless! Kate
kat

Herb

Postby joymart on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:41 pm

I think I found this site by "accident" (no accidents with God though). While browsing one night, and promptly sent the link to my husband in Brazil where he works.

We have both learned so much from Herb! He had an insight found no where else.

I pray that I can follow his example and do whatever it takes to follow the Lord and not bury my talent in the ground, but rather to make it increase! Herb's life was convicting.

I will always remember him and be thankful for his life and obedience to the Holy Spirit's leading.
Joy
joymart

Postby RickA on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:22 pm

Herb will be known as one of the prophecy greats of our time. He will be missed dearly. Even now I log on to FP and expect to read the next "What Herb thinks". I am at a loss for words. :cry:
RickA

Postby Be still on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:51 pm

He will be missed dearly. Even now I log on to FP and expect to read the next "What Herb thinks".

Me too. :( Our lead "watcher" has gone to be with the Lord. It's good he taught us well.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Lookfortruth on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:54 pm

I think a lot of came here drinking milk, and Herb gave us meat, and I believe Holly is about to give us the gravy!
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby hallelujah on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:18 pm

my heart is deeply saddened at the news of Herb's passing. However i know that God has rewarded him but not letting him suffer. He is now with Jesus. I have been a lerker for some time now. Even though i never post i feel like a part of the FP family. Herb has been so inspirational in my life. Like others here i have always been interested in prophecy. Even as a child when i did not understand what the preacher was talking about. Revelations was the most interesting book of the bible to me. From a child i saw things that others did not see. heard things others did not hear. and dreamed dreams that came true. when i would try to tell my family and friends about it they would shun me as being weird. At that i started searching for answers to no avail. Herb and the FP family has filled so many empty spaces in my life. I have learned so much on this site. It has helped me to minister to others. I have given this site to many many people. It has become a daily part of my life. i feel as though i have lost a part of my family. My condolences to the Peters family.
hallelujah

Postby Be still on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Welcome hallelujah :wavewelcome: Glad you came out of lurking mode.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Herb the teacher.

Postby pretribber on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 pm

If it was not for Herb I would never had known anything about the EU and what was going on over there. I have learned so much from him over the past 5 years when I began reading this website that I can never thank him enough. I firmly believe that the lord lead me to his website because I have studied prophecy for years and had come to the end of my rope on gleaning information. However, when I came across Herb's website it opened up a significant door for me and I learned so much more. Surely the lord had a hand in leading me hear. I will miss Herb dearly but am comforted in the knowledge that he is with the lord as I speak. I to, like the rest of us here, am looking forward to the day when I can walk up to him and thank him for all his hard work here at Fulfilledprophecy. May God bless him and his family during these sad times.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby nonymouse on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:56 pm

Be still wrote:Welcome hallelujah :wavewelcome: Glad you came out of lurking mode.

Ditto.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby Finaldash on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm

I have also studied prophecy and the prewrath view the past 12 yrs now. But nothing has been so fulfilling as what Herb has been reporting. I found his site just about 1 yr ago during the Hezbollah war with Israel.

All this site has given me is a renewed fire in me for the Lord that I have been searching for ever since I got to know the Lord for the first time.

This fire will not be quenched until I see our Lord's coming. Thank you Jesus.

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby savedbygrace on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 pm

I think as a tribute to Herb, and out of respect for his knowledge, we should consider what he believed and why. The things he believed in were soundly based on scripture, and they were not the traditional teachings of many religions concerning the end times. He certainly had grounded biblical reasons for believing what he did. And he also believed with more conviction than he showed to most of FP. We should all take a close, hard look at his understanding of the end time events, and consider that he was a very devout Christian man who never missed a day reading the bible. Most people I know can not measure up to that, myself included. He was very close to God. And that validates his viewpoints even more. Check your traditions at the door, along with your pre-supposed ideas of what is supposed to happen, and look at them thru the eyes of Herb Peters. He was more than just an ordinary Christian. He was anointed by God, to do a great work in this world. Let's consider what that means and pay our respects to him by realizing the true significance of the information he has reported to us all. God bless you Herb, we love you!

Jake
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby seekingtruth on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:19 am

I've been interested in prophecy from a very young age. My parents had a home church as well as going to a traditional church, and so I was raised on these things right from the cradle.

I used to search news sites looking for more information about what was happening worldwide. Finding FP made other news sites irrelevent to the extent that any article of interest was going to be found by Herb or by the people who come here to read what Herb had to say. Before long, I just bookmarked this site and skipped all the rest. Herb definately had a real gift from God to find prophecy in the news, and I will miss that and him. Eventually, I joined the board, the first Christian board I've ever tried and I haven't been sorry. This board has been rewarding in ways I never expected it to be, and for that I'm truly grateful for Herb for the tone he set for it and opening his board to all of us. I pray for his family.
seekingtruth

Postby Daycat on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:22 am

I grew up in the Catholic religion, but never felt like it was right for me. I left the Catholic church once I entered high school. I started checking into other religions including Islam. I became very liberal, thinking maybe religion in an organized state wasn't for me. I still believed in God but in a very generlized way, only that God exists, nothing else mattered much. Even after marrying, my husband tried to tell me I needed to learn more, read the bible, ect...

Then 9/11 happened. My whole life changed. I felt a desparate need to understand what was happening. Why this happened. Then I saw a picture a few weeks later of the rubble left from the twin towers. It was two metal beams left standing, it was a cross. It was like a light just brightened my soul. I started reading a free magazine, Tomorrows World, that spoke of the EU, the revived Roman Empire, and the anti-christ. It left me searching the news for answers and reading the bible.

Then on 6/6/06, my paper reported a story about Javier Solana going to Iran to talk about peace in the middle east. I did a search on his name and FP was one of the sights listed. Once I read what Herb had reported here, read his book, it changed my life forever. Herb and all of you on this board led me to turn to Jesus and give my life to him. I believe God led me here and I pray I can learn to help others do the same. I'll always regret not seeing Herb in Indianapolis. I should have tried harder because I'll never get another chance.

Thank you, Herb. Thank you, Holly. Thank you all.

Daycat
Daycat

Re: Tuned In! In honor of Herb

Postby AlmostHome on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:17 am

member x wrote:I am struck with an overwhelming sadness upon hearing of Herb’s passing. Some might seem it odd that a man I have never met would mean so much to me, though you my friends here at FP understand.

I feel the same way X. :cry:
I was just telling my wife yesterday in our bible study how this site and Herb have played an important role and tool in my life.
AlmostHome

Postby Downpour on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks Herb for all your hard work. May you rest now in the loving arms of our Savior!!

:a3:
Downpour

Postby soonverysoon on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:34 am

Herb's words here on this site have been a comfort to me. I knew I would get the real news and insite to it's meaning in Bible prophecy. I don't know Herb but his writings have help me grow and understand God's word. His words have been like a door of understanding being open. I will never be blind to the things going on in the world government again. And it is because of Herb that I can see outside my own little box.
Herb was a sane voice in a world of Prophecy confusion.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby WOODWORKER on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:38 am

I prayed to God to lead me the truth on the endtimes and thats when I ran into Herb's site in 2001, then Laura (mshalfcent) and I were the first ones on Herb's board, my user's name used to be, "woodhenot". I've always told Herb that he had a gift from God. Herb and I became close friends, he wrote about me in 2002 on his website, it was titled "My friend Woody" about the miracle having to hear for the first time since being deaf all my life. I loved Herb, he had a great sense of humor. We e-mailed quite alot....Herb was a person who understood me. I met Herb last April and I was pretty overwhelmed....what an awesome guy he was !! We had a long talk after his speech and he had to get to the airport at 4 in the morning that same night.....by the way, he knew death was coming to him, but not this soon....I miss him and I keep thinking I am going to get an e-mail from him....

May God bless Linda, Holly and family!!

Woody
WOODWORKER

Postby taylor777 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:44 am

JABova wrote:Here’s why…

The teacher at FP was reporter, a true journalist, not a dogmatic preacher who knew all the answers. He reported facts and proposed interpretation, but always noted which were which.

The perspectives and editorials Herb wrote actually made sense to me. I had always questioned the wisdom of even the most well regarding preachers because there were holes in their logic. At least that’s how it seemed to me. I won’t go into details (and please NO debates right now), but when the Bible says the last trump, it seemed way wrong for there to be more trumpet blasts after the last trump.

Herb tried to place the pieces of the geo-political puzzle on the Bible; he did not try to place the Bible on the puzzle. If this does not make sense, just consider that the Bible is foundation of all our knowledge; it tells the end from the beginning. Therefore we should not dissect It trying to make It fit current and historical events (or science), we need to fit reality into the Word.

Joe- I couldn't have said this better myself. As for my husband and I, we found Herb through another popular end times board. We started reading FP not very long after he had started. I still remember staying up late to read the archives.
I am thankful he is no longer in pain. That he is with Jesus. I am sure if he could his first commentary from Heaven would be "The best is yet to come-Stay tuned!"
taylor777

Postby zephaniah on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:14 am

Hard to believe it's true. Linda, Holly, and Adam you have my prayers and condolences.

At least Herb now has what he was so looking forward to, he's in the presence of Jesus!

zephaniah
zephaniah
Supporting Member

In honor of Herb

Postby april on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:22 am

I have been reading Herb's views for a few years, I have been led and
guided by his insight. What an awesome person and dedicated to
Christ ! He will be sadly missed and we Praise God for sharing
him with us and using Herb for his work.

We celebrate and say praise God that Herb is in the presence of
God now! Wow!

My prayers and condolenses go out to the family.

Love in Christ

April
april

Postby Lookfortruth on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am

WOODWORKER,
I had wondered if that was in fact you! Welcome back :wink:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby WOODWORKER on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:49 am

Lookfortruth wrote:WOODWORKER,
I had wondered if that was in fact you! Welcome back :wink:

Thanks!! Sure hope you're doing well !!
Blessings, Woody
WOODWORKER

Postby A_Watchman on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am

It's with a heavy heart that I type this. Herb helped my return to the Lord. With this site, and with his insights. I will sorely miss him, and them. I can only offer my condolences to Holly, and family. I will continue to look to the Lord, and to haunt the Fulfilled Prophecy site.

Truly, Herb has heard these words, "Well done, my faithful servant. Enter into the Joy of the Lord."

May the Lord Bless you and yours.

Edgar Loeb
ELoeb
A_Watchman

Postby ObjectsAppearCloser on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I had the privellege opf meeting Herb when he spoke at Middleton, PA. He struck me as an extremely humble and gentle man, with an urgent message. His message was to awaken the church and to give the message of salvation to those who do not know Christ.

I was hoping to have him speak out here in NJ, but God knows best!

My prayers will be with you his family.
Jorge
Behold He Comes!
ObjectsAppearCloser

Postby WOODWORKER on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Hello Jorge,
How are you?
I met you in Middletown, remember?
Hope all is well....
Blessings, Woody
WOODWORKER

Postby crmann on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 pm

What a wonderful tribute to Herb for each and every one of you who have posted on this thread. I know Herb would be pleased.

For myself, I just don't know how to express my sadness at losing Herb and his insightful "What Herb Thinks".

And what better tribute for Herb than for each of you to continue to be a big part here at FP. I know we are in for hard times, but with the love that each of you have in your hearts, we will overcome.

Blessings to each of you, and prayers for the Peters' family.

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby WOODWORKER on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:06 pm

What I love about Herb, he was so humbled....he always say, this COULD be it or this COULD be the 70th week, even though, he knows 95% chance this is the 70th week.....many teachers out there are very aggressive, arrogant or has too much pride in what they do....
We all learned alot from Herb, now its time for us to do it on our own....
Thanks to Herb!!

Blessings,Woody

:angel:
WOODWORKER

Postby ArmyofGod on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:55 pm

I just found out about this. I hadn't been checking in lately and didn't even know that Herb was sick. I saw news that Abbas had dissolved the Palestinian government and decided to stop by and see what Herb thought. Very sad news. I'm stunned. I pray that God will comfort his family in these times and that this ministry will continue in the way God would have it to continue. His wisdom and commentary will surely be missed...

Look to Jesus. There's no pain there.
"Go make disciples of all nations."
ArmyofGod

Postby Weakling on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:35 am

After hearing another preacher mention on a radio sermon about JS being the possible coming AC I got on google and I came across this site . I'm so happy I found it. It reignited my enthusiasm for Biblical prophecy and strengthened my faith that we serve a mighty God. Though I'm not much of a poster as of late, I have always looked here several times a week many time just to find out "What Herb Thinks".

I will miss Herb's updates but will be excited to meet him in heaven. My prayers to all of his family.

In HIS Grip,
Jeff
Weakling

Next

Return to Herb's Promotion