Holly's Thoughts: Herb Has Passed

Postby mabell28 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm

To Herbs family, all my prayers and love to you. I am at a loss for words, especially at all that have been given here. All I can give is my imagination of the sound of angels at Herb's arrival with Jesus. I am so glad I got to meet him in Milwaukee.

Peace to all,

Michael
mabell28

Postby Be still on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:34 pm

I'm stunned but at peace knowing that Herb is with the Lord.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby InHisService on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 pm

I am stunned. I imagine Herb with Jesus now, giving him that hug I asked him to give to Christ. I can't wait to meet them both, in person.
InHisService

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:42 pm

I feel so sad about this. I've been reading FP daily for 2-3 years now, often refreshing the page a couple of times a day just to see if Herb posted anything new. And just last month, I heard his voice for the first time through his online radio broadcast at microeffect.

To Herb's family: I hope you will all be comforted in the fact that not only did Herb have a strong faith in Jesus Christ, but that he educated so many of us here on the internet (and in person). Speaking as someone who never met Herb face-to-face (but wish she had), I can tell you that had it not been for Herb's reporting, I along with countless others, would have no clue what is going on in the EU (and worldwide) and how it all relates to prophecy. Many of us, seeing these prophecies revealed through Herb's reporting, have been led back to Jesus.

I pray that God will help you through this difficult time of mourning. We will see Herb again soon!
Kristy

Art Vandelay

From Redeemed

Postby redeemed1953 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm

I am without words and full of sadness at the loss of this wonderful saint of the LORD.

He was a prince among men.
I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Postby MitchL on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 pm

To the Herb Peters family, may the peace that passes understanding be
with you at this time. My wife and I were shocked to read that Herb had passed so quickly. You are in our thoughts and prayers. It won't be long
before we all meet on those golden streets. God bless the Peters family
and this group of brothers and sisters in Christ.

With love, Mitchel & Pattie Leek
MitchL

Postby anewthing on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:50 pm

I don't know what to say....May God Bless Herb's Family Please....And also all of us here in his "Fulfilled Prophecy Family" ...now and for what is to come...
anewthing

Postby Nocturne on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:22 pm

Herb was the friend most of us never met face to face. He was the one who most of us didn't really get to know, but I feel there was always a respect from everyone here, toward Herb.

The internet is full of anonymous websites, that are full of anonymous people. So many of us here use 'handles', we don't use our real names. But Herb, he was just 'Herb'. It is a testament to his character, the effect that he had on people that never even met him face to face.

I can't say I agreed with Herb on everything, but I never saw Herb get mad, or lose his temper, or show disrespect toward anyone or their views. (I can't say the same for myself). Herb seemed like a very patient, loving man, who had a love for prophecy, and a love for Jesus.

Herb is home now, and he's doing a lot better than all of us right now :)

Here on earth we may be :cry:

but right now, Herb is :banana:

Welcome home Herb, I'll thank you face to face someday for this website and for what you did here.

:thankyou:

- mark
Nocturne

Postby Nocturne on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Yellowhammer wrote:The song by MercyMe also comes to mind right now....

here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IV9jiqS-74g& ... ed&search=
Nocturne

Postby grace2all on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:58 pm

We will miss you, Herb.

You are now at peace and with our Lord.

:a3:
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Be still on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for the link Static ... it is bittersweet.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby readyornot on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 pm

just a note to say Thank You to the whole Peters family for sharing your life, and now death, with us. I've read all the other posts and agree with them all. I just want to say I am a very quiet member of this board but have been profoundly impacted by it. I probably represent many such as myself. Only in Heaven will we know the full impact FP has had, but I'm sure it is quite more than any of us imagine. I will miss Herb, but will continue to learn from this site for as long as it continues. I'm grateful for you Holly and your husband stepping in but I'm also grateful for all the other faithful contributors who have also blessed me. It is good to hear people talking about the reality of Jesus' soon coming rather than all the other blather of our society. Since I was a kid, I've sort of felt that I would be present for the final days. It was exciting then. It's scary now. I'm 45 and worry about my kids and others being ready. It seems that Herb set a good example for preparing one's family, as well.

Bless you all. I love this group and look forward to seeing each and every one of you some day.

When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!
readyornot

Postby seekingtruth on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:30 pm

My prayers are for his family that he leaves behind, because I know that Herb is in a better place than this and we shall all see him again. Welcome home, Herb. Peace of the Lord be with his family through this trying time.
seekingtruth

Herb

Postby pretribber on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 pm

We will all miss you Herb. I am so stunned right now that i cannot even think strait. My condolences to Linda, Holly, and Adam, as well as the rest of the family.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby IamtheWalrus on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:40 pm

You are with Him now, and may He be with us now.

Take care friend, take care brother.
Ken
Psa 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
IamtheWalrus

Postby Daycat on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:14 pm

:cry:

Abiding in His Word wrote:Psalm 30:5 ........ Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning!

:a2:

Thank you Abiding, I needed that. I'm in shock. I wasn't expecting this so soon. I actually read the news on another prophecy sight. My continueing prayers for the family. God bless you. :praying:

Daycat
Daycat

sad but happy

Postby diamondlil on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:14 pm

What shocking news, brings joy as he is the his Saviour, but sadness for his family. I just can't help but think that these past few months, God must have given him such special strength to speak and take care of this site, not even knowing how ill he was. Praise the Lord and thank you Herb for all your insights. I think it is definately God's grace he took him so quickly, cancer can be a awful suffering thing, so Thank you Lord for delivering him to yourself so quickly. Amen :cry:
diamondlil

Postby Asuran on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:34 pm

I'm stunned. Wasn't expecting this for a couple more months. See you on the other side Herb.
Asuran

Postby savedbygrace on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:42 pm

I just logged in and saw the news. I am saddened that Herb's passing came so quickly, but I am happy that he is no longer in pain. I long for the day when I can see what Herb sees right now in the presence of Jesus. To Herb's family, may the grace and the love of God be with you all. You are in my prayers. Herb, thank you! We will carry our crosses and the load will be lighter because of the information you have shared with all of us. You were a light in a dark world of news coverage. You respected journalism. You just reported the facts. And the Word of truth was shining in your heart. God bless you forever my friend-

Jake
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Good Bye

Postby Einston on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 am

Good Bye Herb. I only read your work for about 8 months and it sure changed me for the better.

My the Glory of the Lord be your hiding place for ever and ever!

:a3:
Einston

Postby Vigilantius on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:22 am

I don't believe this...I just don't believe this.... :cry:
Vigilantius
Supporting Member

Postby ic0n612 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:02 am

Herb,

You were one of the people who opened my eyes. You were instrumental in waking me up to what was going on in the world. For that, I thank you. God bless you.

:cry:
-ike-
ic0n612

Postby saved2001 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:18 am

Linda, Holly and Adam,

I have such sorrow upon the news of Herb's passing, however, he is with Jesus now and that is something I must remind myself of.

It is a joy to have read about some of the wonderful moments you Holly have shared with your Dad. It is obvious that together with Linda he has created a wonderful family and we at FP are truly lucky to reap what he has sown.

I am confident that you will continue to keep watch and report the news as it relates to prophecy, in your father's absence.

I cannot attend the funeral, but will endeavour to donate what I can.

Much love and prayerful thoughts to you all. I will stay tuned.

Your Sister in Christ.
saved2001

Postby esohn on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 am

I've never known him, but I feel like my friend died. From reading his writings, I felt he was humble and meek.
Narrow gate/way gospel. pre-wrath
esohn

Postby kara on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:51 am

Linda, Holly, Adam , and Daniel, our prayers are with you in this bittersweet time. I mourn for our loss of Herb, I celebrate with you that he gets to be with JESUS! Praise God for his faithful servant. God is faithful and will accomplish his work. We're here for you all, even though the distance separates us. Wishing I could be at the funeral, Kara
Looking forward to the New Heaven and New Earth-the home of righteousness
kara
Supporting Member

Postby soonverysoon on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:52 am

I am so sorry for your lost. I pray God will give you peace today. Herb has been a great blessing in my life. I made not have met Herb but from reading his writings I can tell he was a great man of God and I am sad he is gone, but happy he is with Jesus.

God Bless.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:05 am

I'm shocked, and my heart sank to my stomach when I learned of this news.

May God deeply bless the Peters' family, and continue to bless the Fulfilled Prophecy Ministry.

Herb will be greatly missed.
Mr Baldy

Postby jln on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:15 am

Praise God for Herb's life and witness!

I pray that Herb's family may have God's vision for the future, and that you may know His comfort and His wonderful, loving, Father's presence during these next days and weeks.

As one poster said, please do make needs known, as you feel led to.

Much love,
Jeremy (I'm female!)
jln

Postby Operator on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:22 am

At first I was saddened and shocked and teary eyed…I felt so awful for Linda, Holly and Adam, and Daniel…all the Peters family. My condolences to you all.

But now, after praying last night and reading the Word…I feel better about all this. I know it’s not all about me – but Herb is with Jesus now and I am so happy that he didn’t have to suffer long. I will miss him dearly, but I take comfort in the fact that I will get to Heaven one day and see all my friends and loved ones that have went on before me.

Death where is your victory? We have victory in Jesus!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby jr1rimshot on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:35 am

:praying:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrow like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, tho' trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And had shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin-oh, the bliss of this glorious tho't
My sin not in part, but the whole
Is nail'd to the cross and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The cloulds be roll'd back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
"Even so," it is well with my soul.

Linda, Holly, Adam and Daniel-may God comfort you from now til you see Herb again...

Teri
"Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
jr1rimshot

Postby MacD23 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:16 am

Seems like it was just last week I saw Herb on his road trip in Topeka. This is crazy, crazy news. I can't believe that he left so suddenly. Guess it goes to show just has precious our time here is on earth and that we should make the best use of it.

It just won't be the same without Herb's commentary! (it hasn't been since he had been sick).
MacD23
Supporting Member

Postby savedbygrace on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:34 am

Operator wrote:
Death where is your victory? We have victory in Jesus!

:a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3:
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby wschaub on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:37 am

I am shocked it happened so soon as well. I was really hoping for him to recover, and was even praying for his recovery this morning and then I saw the news.

I do know somewhere in scripture we are told to pray and hope that we will be worthy to escape the things to come. Herb will now never have to go through the tribulations that are coming, which is certainly a good thing.

It will be good to see him at the resurrection.
wschaub

Postby Al on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:43 am

I thank God for you Herb! Thank you for all you did!
Al

Postby OneOfTheseDays on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:26 am

:a3: Herb!

When you see Jesus, fall down to your knees, kiss his feet, and tell him "Thank You" for saving both of us!

Well done good and faithful servant...
OneOfTheseDays

I can't believe it...

Postby Luposian on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:17 am

Does anyone realize... unless the dates have been messed with... that it's been only *5* days since the date Holly told us Herb had terminal cancer (6/8/07), to the day he died (6/13/07)? It's so unbelievable... I'm having trouble accepting it as real! Surely it can't have been THAT fast!

Herb's last commentary (about himself) was on 5/23/07. So, Herb lived about 3 weeks after his last post. His last "normal" post ("Going South") was on 5/16/07. That was 7 days earlier. So, in sum total.. He lived about 1 month after his last "normal" post. Truly shocking.

I've seen where people, when they find out they've got terminal cancer, everything slides downhill unbelievably fast. So fast, in fact, you can't really believe they're gone!

Rest In Peace, Herb. You've left big shoes for Holly to fill, but I think she's up to the task. And we'll carry on, in your stead.

Semper Fidelis, Holly... Semper Fidelis!
"The Torch Hath Been Passed. Hold it High And With Purpose as Ye Run!"

Luposian
"A danger foreseen is half avoided."
Luposian

Postby rollinTHUNDER on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:48 am

OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?

Although we will miss you and your commentary, we know that it won't be much longer until we join you, and meet you face to face. And we know you will meet us in the air.

Let us look on the bright side, knowing that you have been set totally free from all your pain. And never, not even for a single instant, did you experience death. No, you passed from life to life everlasting. Absent from the body = present with the Lord!!

What a blessing you've been Herb,
We'll see you soon!
rollinTHUNDER

Postby ObjectsAppearCloser on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:54 am

Herb will be greatly missed.

"To be absent from the body , is to be present with the Lord!"
Jorge
Behold He Comes!
ObjectsAppearCloser

Postby keithareilly on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Dear Holly and Family,

There never seems to be the right words for times like this. My father passed away over 15 years ago and for nearly 10 years before that we hardly spoke. The Lord put in my heart to see him one Christmas and we spent time together for a week. I learned things about him I did not know. He died a month later. We were not close but I missed him.

God blessed me with some very good mentors as I grew in faith. I only wish my father could have also been a father of faith as well. But I learned good from him and I learned good from others. I would have liked to have known your father.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 pm

Herb's spirit and dreams are still with us. This, no one can take from us.

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby Lookfortruth on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:16 pm

I am posting this on behalf of Land of Hope and Glory, who cannot be here to express his sadness in light of this news. He has asked me to give his heartfelt prayers to Herbs family. You are loved Herb!

(please, any members who have questions about LOHAG, contact him, I will not return any PM's inquiries in regards to him, or posts here. I respect his privacy)
Candy
Lookfortruth

A quiet joy!

Postby Mario on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Holly & family,

I have a profound love for Herb. In the one instance where I pm Herb, he was honest, respectful and to the point. He clearly demonstrates what an obedient heart is: following through on the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you, God, for the example of Herb. May I imitate him, as he strove to be obedient to you.
Mario

Postby SD Diver on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Our heartfelt condolences go out to Herb's family.

Please know, we wouldn't be the same today hadn't we had a chance to read Herb's articles and meet this gentle, humble, knowledgeble man of God in person. We are so thankful.

We will see you again soon Herb. Until then, may you enjoy the rewards of heaven and the presence of the Lord! We love you brother!

Don & Sandy
SD Diver
Supporting Member

Postby take 1 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:44 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you Holly and family.

And thank you Lord for having mercy on Herb. For not letting him linger in pain and agony. And for letting him pass from here to you with the dignity he was hoping for.

Herb will be missed here very much. I look forward to meeting him when we are all united with our Lord in heaven.
take 1

Postby david on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm

See you soon my friend, I will miss you very much. Since being here for about 12 years it seems like you have been a big brother to me.

I know you are with the Lord no doubt, and just to think you probably have all the answers now. Man how I wish I were you; but then our work is not done.

Herb thanks to you I am ready to stand on my own in Christ, I have found him in ways recently I never new. In the past I may have leaned on you and what was going on in the world more than I should have. This experience has taught me to fully depend on the Lord and it's been not to your fault Herb but to your credit. You have always pointed the way.

Thank You Buddy

May God have blessed you in your eternal home, sharing in the glory of our savior that you so deserve.

david
david

Postby BondservanttoJesus on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:35 pm

God bless you Herb Peters, you will be sorely missed. You have been a beacon on the road through God's timetable. May that light spread and shine for many years and peoples to come. Thank you Lord for raising up a man such as Herb to help so many see more clearly a path home.

Thank you Holly and family for continuing to work for the Lord as you have been doing. I hope that the Lord guides you all in whatever direction you take henceforth. God bless you all.
BondservanttoJesus

Postby Nocturne on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:42 pm

whats going to happen to the board now?
Nocturne

Postby crmann on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Hello, Static...

Holly is going to be taking over, and the moderators and etc are going to continue as we have in the past. And we are going to be counting on good folk like you to be here with us to continue as we know Herb would want us to.

Blessings,

YBIC,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby MarvelousMom on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Talk about mixed emotions...

Tears flow and prayers are lifted up for Linda, Holly, all Herb's family, close friends, and the entire FP Family! :cry:

At the same time, I want to break out in a dance of joy and celebration for Herb. WOW, to see Jesus!!!

I am so grateful for the facts, research, and info he shared. I learned SO much from Herb. Thank you for sharing your husband/father with us over the years as he spent hours studying Scripture, reviewing news, and typing on the keyboard.

Herb was truly a watchman on the wall. The torch has been passed to us all.

(FP Family: If you put off supporting this ministry in the past, perhaps waiting for a "better time"; this is IT. Consider a one time appreciation donation and lots of prayer. I cannot begin to imagine all the financial strain and stress on Herb's family.)
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby sirlancelot7 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:26 pm

Could'nt understand why I felt grieved all day, I felt a heaviness and knew something was wrong, I just discovered the news of Herb going home, I thank the Lord that he used this man to warn many about the son of perdition, we have a tough endurance ahead of us, get close to Jesus.

2 Timothy 4:7
7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
sirlancelot7

PreviousNext

Return to Herb's Promotion