Holly's Thoughts: Herb Has Passed

Holly's Thoughts: Herb Has Passed

Postby jesusphreak on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am

Herb Has Passed

Early this morning, my father, Herb Peters, went to be with Jesus. He is and will be missed. We will give an update as soon as we can with the funeral time and location.

He died much more quickly than we anticipated since we were told he had two to three months left. But during the past week, he declined very quickly and, in the last couple days, all of us realized it might take place much sooner than we had thought.

We're thankful for the quality time we got to spend with my dad in his last days on earth. It was an incredible time with much loved shared.

Thank you for your prayers. Our family has felt them.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/herb_has_passed.html
jesusphreak

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:09 am

:cry:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bwa772002 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
bwa772002

Postby Ben Forgiven on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:12 am

Thanks Herb , for all you've done....................Rest In Peace brother :angel:
They tought they were putting Him in His place, but they really put Him in mine.
Ben Forgiven

Postby mark s on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:13 am

My continued prayers are with you. May the Lord lift you up into His perfect peace!

ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby tsirhcnitsurt on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:15 am

Praise our God and Father for such a faithful servant. Let us all continue to keep the torch lit and press on towards the goal.

Holly, Linda and family, we will not cease to lift you up in this time and time to come.

-Mike
tsirhcnitsurt

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:18 am

We love you guys. :cry:

Herb is with the Lord...
Salty Skipper

Postby coz on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am

Goodbye, Herb.

Goodbye.

My prayers and love to all of Herb's family and those that loved him, including those of us here at FP.

-coz
coz

Herb

Postby joymart on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 am

This is the passing of a great and Godly man. My prayers are with you.
I am heartbroken for us, but happy that Herb is with God, whom he loves.
Joy
joymart

Postby WOODWORKER on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 am

Goodness! So suddenly....I'm speechless.....at least he doesn't have to go through the pain any further!
This is a sad day he is gone, but praise God he is in heaven!!
It won't be long before we see him and Jesus .....

Blessings and strength to all of Herb's family members.... :cry:
WOODWORKER

Postby Tex on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:28 am

When I logged in and read this news, my heart sank. I was not prepared for the news this soon. I've been coming Fulfilled Propehcy for a few years now and have come to think of Herb as a good friend with a similar interest in Bible prophecy and the quickening of the end time. I will especially miss his vital updates on "What Herb Thinks." But I've also been shown the close connection he had with his family and the mentor he was to them. Thanks Holly. God bless you and your family after your Father's passing. Jesus is our peace and rock. My prayers are with you. Herb, rest in peace.

Mike
Tex

Postby mouserpg on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:31 am

tsirhcnitsurt wrote:Praise our God and Father for such a faithful servant. Let us all continue to keep the torch lit and press on towards the goal.

Holly, Linda and family, we will not cease to lift you up in this time and time to come.

-Mike
Amen.

Herb did more than I could ever dream of. He'll be missed, but one day we'll see him in Heaven!
mouserpg

Postby Passion on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 am

Once again, I'm in shock.....it all happened so quickly.....

I know that Herb is right now experiencing an awesome joy and peace that we cannot even begin to imagine.....still, it's hard to let go, and say goodbye, even for a short time.

Linda, Holly, and family--I will continue to pray for our Father to wrap His loving arms of comfort around you; to draw you close and bring you peace and healing.
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 am

Psalm 30:5 ........ Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning!

:a2:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Yellowhammer on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 am

Such an appropriate verse ABIDING....

Linda, Holly and family please accept my heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

R.I.P Herb Peters.... Enjoy the wonders of our Lord and we will ALL see you soon.
Yellowhammer
Yellowhammer
Supporting Member

Postby prewrathpatty on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 am

Herb has all his prophecy questions answered now. Praise the Lord that he is with his Savior now.

My prayers are with your family, Holly.

Much love in Christ,
Patty
prewrathpatty

Re: Holly's Thoughts: Herb Has Passed

Postby Billscottsr on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 am

jesusphreak wrote:Herb Has Passed

Early this morning, my father, Herb Peters, went to be with Jesus. He is and will be missed. We will give an update as soon as we can with the funeral time and location.

He died much more quickly than we anticipated since we were told he had two to three months left. But during the past week, he declined very quickly and, in the last couple days, all of us realized it might take place much sooner than we had thought.

We're thankful for the quality time we got to spend with my dad in his last days on earth. It was an incredible time with much loved shared.

Thank you for your prayers. Our family has felt them.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/herb_has_passed.html

Wow! I do not know what to say to this news.
Bill Scott, Sr.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Billscottsr

Postby shem1 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:38 am

I can see Herb now talking with the Lord about the upcoming end-time events. God may have taken him, because he has a specific task to do in heaven. He now knows what parts of prophecy he was right on about, and what parts he wasn't. All the answers to the mystery he knows. What an honor the Lord has given him during his time here on earth. Now, he is in glory.

To Herb's family: Look up! You know where your loved one is! We have all been blessed by him. When my dad died, I heard a song written by a woman whose child was killed in a car accident. I gave the cd away to someone who was mourning at the time, the chorus went something like this:

"When I think of you, my heart grieves - but my soul takes flight, to the place where you are...."

"You now live what I believe..."

I found this to be true when I think of my dad. I am in awe that my dad is with the Lord. I hope you are too.

God bless. :a2: :hugs: :angel:
Last edited by shem1 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shem1

Postby dolfseal on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:39 am

I am happy that Herb now knows what it is like to pass on and feel true peace. He has done great work here and deserves to feel true happiness in the presence of the Lord. I think we can all learn from Herb in what he did here by understanding that God wants us to work for HIM, not for ourselves. We all know it is time to save every soul possible before the coming of CHRIST, and it is time to put our knowledge into action. Thanks for the knowledge Herb, we will see you soon, Dolfseal.
dolfseal

Postby Ready1 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:41 am

Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby AlmostHome on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:43 am

:cry: :a2: :angel:

What a viewpoint Herb has now.
Last edited by AlmostHome on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlmostHome

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:43 am

I can see Herb now talking with the Lord about the upcoming end-time events.

I would love to be in on that conversation. :grin: Praise the Lord for Herb Peters!!! Looking forward to giving him a big hug in the presence of our Lord!!!
Salty Skipper

Postby Final Trumpet on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:48 am

I am sad for this news, but am happy that he is with the Lord. My prayers are with you and your family Holly.
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby lahalbo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:53 am

God Bless you Herb! You were always a gentleman with a kind word for everyone. In a way you are envied. To be in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ! Wow!!

Holly, Linda and family. Our prayers are with you. Herb has led his family as a true believer, you guys are blessed.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Revelation 21:4

:angel:
lahalbo

Postby kids on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:56 am

I agree with the other posters. As I grieve for the loss of your father and our friend/brother in Christ I will lift the Peter's family up for comfort and peace through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 57:1-2 (I know its been quoted before, but it is so true)

1 The righteous perish,
and no one ponders it in his heart;
devout men are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.

2 Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace;
they find rest as they lie in death

Sister in Christ,
Nancy
kids

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

:praying:

So many good verses have been posted. I wanted to post these too.

1 Thessalonians 4

13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.
AndCanItBe

Postby chinamommy on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I rejoice with you that he is indeed with our Savior. I grieve with you that he has been separated from you physically for a time. Your family is in my prayers.
chinamommy

Postby studybug on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 pm

Lifting you and your mom up during this time....
studybug

Postby Lookfortruth on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:09 pm

Holly and Linda, My heart and prayers are with you right now. I can't even express my feelings right now, they are so mixed. God's perfect will has been done, and Herb is pain free, and rejoicing with all the others dressed in white robes! :angel:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Sue-M on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:11 pm

Sue-M

Postby OBXBob on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 pm

OBXBob

Postby hirutbuddy on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Glory to God, he is with Jesus. to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. God is sooo mericiful. Herb is with the Jesus now and gets to see the horrible great tribulation from heaven. Herb will be praying for us from their too. :hugs: we will see him soon. Herb is in his mansion in his real home. I cannot wait to be with Jesus. Praise the Lord.
hirutbuddy

Postby mommyjen on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:22 pm

We will miss you Herb! I will be praying for you and your whole family Holly!
mommyjen

Postby D4Christ on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 pm

My heart is heavy. I just wish things could have happened differently...but then again right now I can't see the forest thru the trees....I know G-ds plan is much bigger.

Holly,
May G-d comfort your family in this time of loss for us (gain for Herb, who is with Jesus.)

Deirdre
"1 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him....3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction."

--2 Thessalonians 2: 1,3
D4Christ
Supporting Member

Postby Butterfly on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Linda, Holly and family,

I am so sorry for your loss and ours. Herb was a great man and loved by so many- including me. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord give you peace and comfort beyond understanding and guide you in the days ahead. Holly please know we will stand behind you and lift you in prayer always as you take the lead now in this awesome ministry.

Love in Christ,

Debbie
Butterfly

Postby JABova on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:24 pm

"To Live is Christ, to die is gain." Apostle Paul.

Holly & Linda, please celebrate Herb's new life with the Father through tears of Joy. We will be right there with you regardless of the distance between us.

Almighty Father, once again we ask you to open your arms in love and embrace Holly and Linda as they go through what will be a difficult time.

This I pray in the saving name of Jesus Christ.

-Joe
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:11-12 (KJV)
JABova

Postby Marty on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm

Phil. 1:21 "To live is Christ and to die is gain."

Herb lived for Christ. No doubt about it. His life was Jesus. Anyone who ever read his reports, heard him speak or even shook his hand could immediately percieve this was a man after the Lord's heart. His death is his gain.

Wow, to see the face of Jesus. To know as well as he is fully known. What a happy day for him!

Holly, Adam, Daniel, and especially, Linda, our prayers are for you as our hearts break. Please know that you are supported by this group. I pray that your ministry will surpass even what Herb had dreamed and the Lord will richly bless all of you.

For me, I look forward to seeing Herb and all of you in Paradise. Maybe Herb can give us a show with Sammy Sticks? I'd love that.

--Marty (and Tom) Thurlow
Marty
Supporting Member

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:29 pm

I think the lord took him early so he wouldn't suffer. My grandfather also passed away from cancer relatively recently, so I know how it feels to loss someone you care about. But both my grandfather and Herb are now with God, so there is something to rejoice over in the end, we will see them again either at the glorious ressurection of the saints or when we too pass away. :a3:
Sword of Geddon

Postby soundingthealarm on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 pm

I am at a loss. It is taking me more time than I realized for this to really sink in....I will be praying for Holly and her family. Thank you all for showing that there is something wonderful that has happened along with our loss....I am not there yet.

Blessings
soundingthealarm
Supporting Member

Postby Cantaress4Him on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Linda and Holly,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Herb has probably already heard the words each of us longs to hear one day -- "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

God bless you and your whole family. Herb will truly be missed.

Sincerely,
Cantaress4Him

2 Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
Cantaress4Him

Postby Mttw633 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm sorry, what a loss. My condolences to the family. He fought the fight and won and I am so happy for him. What an example he has left for all of us, I'm going to miss his wisdom and insight.
Mttw633

Postby joshua1:9 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Thank you Herb for all you have done to keep us informed. Your life will be an inspiration & an exapmple for me to strive towards. In being a Loving Husband, A good Father & above all a faithful servant, & warrior for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now I can hear the words of our Lord welcoming you home saying. "Well done thy good & faithful servant, well done. Enter into the rest & peace of your LORD." Amen Peace be with you my friend until in heaven we shall meet again..

God Bless you Peters Family our prayers are with you. Joshua Bristol, & Family.
joshua1:9

Postby barryinaustralia on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm

So many times I've seen the Lord QUICKLY take His own to be with Him. We'll certainly miss you Herb - but confident we will be seeing you REALLY,
REALLY SOON!

Barry
"I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:2
barryinaustralia

Postby Trepid on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:56 pm

I'm in shock at this news.

However, the face no mortal man can ever see Herb gets to enjoy forever.
Trepid

Postby Morning glory on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:57 pm

:cry: :cry:

My prayers are with you Linda and Holly....
Morning glory

Postby Lazarus43 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:02 pm

AndCanItBe wrote::cry:

:praying:

So many good verses have been posted. I wanted to post these too.

1 Thessalonians 4

13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

P R E C I S E L Y ! ! !

Blessings,
Lazarus43
“A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on.” - Mark Twain
Lazarus43

heartbroken

Postby treesy on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Holly and Linda,

Our merciful Lord has shown great love and mercy to everyone ever touched by Herb's ministry. Thank you for sharing him with us. I know we all feel a great loss, but we have gained so much.

Thank you, Lord, for being merciful to Herb and taking his pain so he can live again!

I will miss him very very very much. It was a great 5 years that I will never forget.

Goodbye, friend.

May God give you comfort and peace, Darrell
Darrell
treesy

Postby Triton57 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:13 pm

I'm saddened by the loss for Herb's friends and family, we will all miss him. My prayers are with you all who mourn today. For Herb, I'm happy.

I'm sure the enemy is joyous over what has happened, but so should we be for Herb as he adjusts to his new environment. I don't think it took him long considering his heart and fruits, he fits right in!

I also have the joy of knowing that although the enemy may be happy to have a little focus off of him from Herb, the Creator of the universe has and will lift up many more who will shine His light in the darkness of the enemy's kingdom. God will not leave us in darkness and I believe Herb was a huge part of that plan to reveal the coming darkness for them that love God.

As we come together in prayer, mourning, and thanksgiving... Let us keep this family as strong as ever in unity under Christ our head. We have much to do for our Lord to reach the lost and watch for His coming. The puzzle is almost finished and the closer we are to Christ, the more of His perspective we will see of this big picture. I have to admit I'm a little envious of Herb's perspective right now, but am also excited for our future before we meet up with Herb again on our way to meet the Lord in the air! God bless you all!
    Matthew 5:4
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
May the Love of God evelope us all as we remain in Him!
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Postby Britbloke on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Herb was a fantastic man. A teacher, a loving husband and father, but most of all - a true man of God.

If I could be half the man he was, I would consider my life well lived.

God bless Herb Peters. He'll be greatly missed by all of us.
Last edited by Britbloke on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britbloke
Supporting Member

Postby cyncyn on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 pm

See you soon Herb...

Thank you Holly
cyncyn

Next

Return to Herb's Promotion