Fitna response

Discussion and debate of Religions that contradict scripture

Fitna response

Postby Dorothy on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Fitna is a short documentary about Muslims using quotes from the Quran. It is generating quite a bit of news coverage as the Dutch politician, Geert Wilders, has death threats put on his head and as the film is being condemned by politically correct individuals and organizations. You can see it by going to youtube.com.

Quite a while back Constance Cumbey said one of the goals of the New Age movement was to pit the three religious groups against each other so that they would destroy each other.

Well, there has been a response by a Muslim which has been posted on youtube. He takes quotations from the Bible and puts them against a background of animal predators. Of course there is the disclaimer up front.

(link removed pending review by mods and admin)

I wonder if it will be condemned as the short documentary Fitna is being condemned. In addition this fits in with the goals of the AOC to portray Judaism and Christianity as hate religions.
Dorothy

Postby carpentersdaughter on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:25 pm

I made the huge mistake of watching it yesterday. It really bothered me because they came to the part where they beheaded Peter Berg and I tried to look away but didn't get the sound off quick enough. His screams are still haunting me and it's so hard to love people who do such evil things. So, I've really had to pray and ask the Lord to give me His love that He has for these Muslim men who did this evil act.

This is graphic and I would not allow any children to view this film.
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby Be still on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks for the warning Linda.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby carpentersdaughter on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 pm

You are so welcome. :grin:
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby SueAnn on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:05 pm

carpentersdaughter wrote:I made the huge mistake of watching it yesterday. It really bothered me because they came to the part where they beheaded Peter Berg and I tried to look away but didn't get the sound off quick enough. His screams are still haunting me and it's so hard to love people who do such evil things. So, I've really had to pray and ask the Lord to give me His love that He has for these Muslim men who did this evil act.

This is graphic and I would not allow any children to view this film.

Thanks for warning everyone, carpentersdaughter.
Out of respect to the victim and his family, please allow me to correct his name. He was Nick Berg, not Peter. He was a Philly boy.
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby jgilberAZ on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:40 pm

I, too, could not get that out of my mind for a few days.

Horrible.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Return to Other Religions Discussion & Debate