How to witness to a Jew?

Share ways to witness to JW, Mormons, Scientology, and other cults and sects.

How to witness to a Jew?

Postby christian_m0mmy on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:39 pm

I have a friend whom I've been "working on" for the last year or so. I've been asking her about their feasts and such, but she's not orthodox, so it doesn't seem to apply too much.

Anyway, I finally asked if she minded if I tell her what I believe, and I really want to base all my scripture on old testimony only, so I need advice. How do I witness to her? I don't even think she realizes her Torah is our old testament. I want to show here where her Torah says the Jews would reject Messiah. Any suggestions???
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Re: How to witness to a Jew?

Postby Sue-M on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Personally, what I would do today, is go to some of Steve Hadley's videos. The one's where he gives the numbers showing that Jesus rode the donkey into Jerusalem on the exact day that Daniel prophecied about. The Book of Daniel tells that the Messiah would be cut off. This talks about the Jews rejecting Jesus.

But, what has opened our eyes about the Jewish Feasts. I would use this. Even if your friend doesn't follow these holidays. She will still know about them or probably have someone in her family that would know about them.

But, I would get it all together on paper before I would speak about it. Make sure you are prepared.

If you want, I can find the videos from Steve Hadley for you that gives exact figures. I will have time to look tomorrow. Just let me know.
Luke 21:28

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Sue-M

Postby Grets Sirob on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Just FYI, the Torah is only the first five books of the Old Testament. Also, be careful about using Daniel... Some Jews look on Daniel quite unfavorably. Rabbis will tell their congregants to not read that book (because it so clearly points to Yeshua as the Messiah). Try to go through larger, more well-known writings, like Isaiah, the Psalms, and maybe some of the Minor Prophets. Try to emphasize Yeshua's Jewishness... And try to avoid the name "Jesus Christ." I know it's different, but some Jews are turned off instantly by that name. Besides, His name is really Yeshua anyways. ;)
Matthew is good, too, as it's written to the Jews.
Only God can make the rain fall and the sun shine in the same moment.
Grets Sirob

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

I recently went thru a training course with 3 jewish counterparts. they had come to our training facility in Vancouver. I had gotten into a conversation with Shimon about what I was reading which happened to be fulfilledprophecy. We had an earlier conversation centered on Creation Science, so he already knew I was a christian. I showed him the prophecies in Isaiah 53 and asked him if he thought this may have been fulfilled in Jesus. He actually had attended a yeshiva (religious school) for some time when he was younger. He took his time in answering, when he did he said that he could see how I would think so. I now have an ongoing relationship with all 3 by email. Please pray for Tamir Harary, Shimon David, and David Dekel for their salvation and safety and that of their families.
hope this helps,
Patrick

Messianic Prophecies
This is a chart of the messianic prophecies from Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22. The promise, prophecy, and fulfillment for each prophecy are shown on this chart.

Isaiah was written 700-750 years prior to the birth of Christ. Psalms was written about 1020 years prior to Jesus' birth. Since Jesus died in A.D. 30 or 33, the prophecies concerning his death were between 800 and 1050 years old when they were fulfilled.

Messianic Prophecies from Isaiah 53

Promise Prophecy Fulfillment
Who has believed our report? Isaiah 53:1 John 12:37-38, Romans 10:16
Despised and rejected Isaiah 53:3 Mark 9:12, Luke 17:25, John 1:10-11, 1 Peter 2:4
He has borne our infirmities Isaiah 53:4 Matthew 8:16-17
Considered smitten by God Isaiah 53:4 Galatians 3:13, Matthew 27:38-44, Luke 23:35
Wounded for our transgressions Isaiah 53:5 Romans 4:25
We are healed by his stripes Isaiah 53:5 1 Peter 2:24
Jesus was flogged Isaiah 53:5 Mark 15:15, Luke 22:63-65, John 19:1
Silent before His accusers Isaiah 53:7 Matthew 26:62-63, 27:12-14, Mark 14:60-61, 15:3-15, John 19:9, Acts 8:32-35
Christ died for our sins Isaiah 53:8 1 Corinthians 15:3
Died with the wicked Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:38, Mark 15:27-28, Luke 23:32-33
Buried with the rich Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60, Mark 15:43-46, Luke 23:50-53, John 19:38-42
Lived a sinless life Isaiah 53:9 1 Peter 2:22
Jesus was an offering for sin Isaiah 53:10 1 Corinthians 15:3, Hebrews 10:12-14
He would justify many Isaiah 53:11 Acts 13:38-39, Romans 5:17-19
He will be great Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 28:18, Luke 24:27
Numbered with transgressors Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38, Mark 15:27-28, Luke 23:32-33
Made intercession for sinners Isaiah 53:12 Luke 23:34, 39-43, Romans 8:34

Messianic Prophecies from Psalm 22

Promise Prophecy Fulfillment
The forsaken Christ Psalm 22:1 Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34
Verbally abused by men Psalm 22:6-7 Matthew 26:67-68, 27:27-31
Trust in God ridiculed Psalm 22:8 Matthew 27:39-44, Mark 15:29-32, Luke 23:35, 39
Surrounded by enemies Psalm 22:12 Matthew 27:27-31, Mark 15:16-20
Physically weakened Psalm 22:14-15 Matthew 27:32, Mark 15:21, Luke 23:26
Thirsty Psalm 22:15 John 19:28
Surrounded by enemies Psalm 22:16 Matthew 27:39-44
Hands and feet pierced Psalm 22:16 John 20:20, 25
Bones not broken Psalm 22:17 John 19:31-36
Stared at by the people Psalm 22:17 Matthew 27:55-56, Luke 23:35, 48-49, John 19:20
Lots cast for His clothing Psalm 22:18 Matthew 27:35, Mark 15:24, Luke 23:34, John 19:23-24
God heard His prayers Psalm 22:21, 24 Hebrews 5:7-8
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 am

This is from a tract that I typed out and sent to my friends in Israel. Typos are all mine, forgive my clumsy fingers.
Patrick

Messiah His suffering and death foretold.

Our Messiah must go through many physical sufferings, before He can be the atonement for our souls because of our transgressions (sins) against Him. Certain questions need be asked about our Messiah. There is no shame in asking these questions and finding the truth. G-d Himself recorded His truth in the Bible, the truest book ever written, so we would not be misled.

Question: What must the Messiah do, in order for us to know that he is the Messiah?
Answer: He must suffer for our sins as the prophet Isaiah foretold in Isaiah 53. "But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him;and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

Question: Does the Bible state what part of our Messiah's body will be wounded?
Answer: His hands and feet will be pierced. "And one shall say untoHim, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with whichI was wounded in the house of my friends."Zechariah 13:6 " For dogs have compassedme: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and feet." Psalm 22:16
Answer: His back and his face will be smitten. " I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shameand spitting." Isaiah 50:6
Answer: The Messiah is beaten so badly that His appearance is desfigured more than any man! "...his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men." Isaiah 52:14
Answer: Not one bone in his body shall be broken. "He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken." Psalm34:20

Question: What else must the Messiah endure to fulfill Bible prophecy?
Answer: The Bible teaches that G-d will give the Messiah to be the flawless and perfect sacrifice for our sins. " He was taken from prison and from judgement:and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut of from out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my peoplewas he stricken . And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death: because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in hismouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him: he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosperin his hand... he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors: and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:8-10, 12
Answer: The Messiah will be resurrected after 3 days. "After two days he will revive us: in the third day he will raise us up..Hosea 6:2

Question: Throughout history, has there ever been a man that has fulfilled these requirements?
Answer: Yes, there was such a man, in fact , Jesus fulfilled every Messianic prophecy!
His hands and feet were pierced. " And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him... Luke 23:33

His back and face were smitten. " Then Pilate therefore took Jesus and scourged him." John 19:1 " And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him. And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face.....Luke 22:63-64

Not one bone in Jesus' body was broken. " But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers, with a spear pierced his side, and forthwithcamout there blood and water.... For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken." John 19:33-34, 36

Jesus rose from the dead three days after his crucifixion. " And that he was buried, and he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." 1 Corinthians 15:4

Many "messiahs" have come and gone, but only Jesus, the true Messiah, has come, died, and been raised from the dead.

Question: What must I do to receive the promises of the Messiah?
Answer: The Bible says, " Repent, ye therefore, and he converted, that your sins may be blotted out...." Acts 3:19
"That if thou shalt confess withthy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Rmans 10:9
" And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." Acts 13:39
" For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 pm

Thank you, LONGINGFORHOME! Sent up a prayer for your friends.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:43 pm

tAbiding in His Word,
Thank you for your prayers, I appreciate them. If you want to add them to your prayer list here are their names
Moshe G.
another Moshe G.--different last name
Tamir H.
Chaim B.
Asaph R.
David (Dudi) D.
Eytan N.
Lior G.
Shimon D.
These guys are very good friends and I just really want to thank you.
Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi Patrick,

Have you ever heard of Marty Goetz? He's a Messianic Jew who sings mostly Psalms. He tells of His conversion and thanks friends who prayed for him for a long time and did just what you're doing with scripture. His music is Hebraic in nature and is mostly the only Christian music I listen to. Perhaps you might introduce your friends to him and his music along with his testimony. You can hear samples of one album here if you're interested.

http://www.galileeofthenations.com/Albu ... /index.php

Meanwhile, I'll continue to pray for them and for you as well as you minister to them from the Word.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:03 am

Here's a question to pose, if Jesus is not the Messiah why has God not sent anymore prophets?
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am

Abiding, that is soothing music, I think that I will purchase a copy, I like it.
Sword, very good question, dont know that they will have an answer for it.
Thank you both for your input.
Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Return to How to Witness to Various cults and sects