Witnessing to Muslims

Share ways to witness to JW, Mormons, Scientology, and other cults and sects.

Witnessing to Muslims

Postby water on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:53 pm

I think most would agree that Islam is a horrible nightmare for most of the world, especially those unfortunate souls who find themselves born into Muslim countries.

I would like to start a thread here on how we as followers of Jesus should respond to, treat, and witness to Muslims.

Witnessing to Muslims can seem very complex due to the interwoven nature of our faiths; however, it is not just our intellect and understanding in action when we open our hearts with love towards our Muslim brothers and sisters, the Holy Spirit will use us to shine.

Never let the headlines fool you, these people are our brothers and sisters, children of God, who have had the sad misfortune of being deceived by one of the world's nastiest most gripping false religions.

Think about this: as Muslim terror fills our news and lives, growing and spreading across the world, what is the proper response of one who follows Jesus to one so deceived? Remember, we hate sin, we hate evil, but we are to love our neighbors as ourselves...even our enemies.

Muslims will not see the love or salvation of Jesus in the faces of those shaking their fists or screaming hate.

Witnessing to Muslims is surely the most challenging type of witnessing any of us will encounter, but I promise you that our Lord is more than up the to task if we will yield our hearts to the Creator all things.

I read this article today and it reminded me of what brings many, if not all of us, to know the Lord Jesus as our savior. Please read this article and feel free to post other material that would help all here to better reach out to and love our Muslim neighbors.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/245934.aspx

Former Muslims Preach Christ to Islam
By Paul Strand
CBN News
October 8, 2007

CBNNews.com - SEATTLE, Wash. - Many former Muslims are now involved in efforts to convert believers in Islam to Christianity.

CBN News met with some of them as they linked up with other Christians at the Seattle Revival Center. They trained in how best to reach Muslims and then went out to do just that at the city's annual Arab Festival.

For some reason, Christians think Muslims are particularly hard to witness to. But these Muslims-turned-Christians pointed out they have the exact same spiritual needs as everybody else.

George Saieg, leader of Arabic Christian Perspective, advises Christians to dig into their own past and fears, remembering "how we used to be not assured of our salvation -- we used to be afraid of dying."

"And this is the same common ground that the Muslims have today -- that they're not assured of their salvation, that they're afraid of dying," he said. "But Jesus came to our life and changed our life. This is the story we need to tell them, how Jesus changed my life and He's able to change theirs, too."

Kamal Saleem came to America to recruit terrorists, but instead became a convert to Christ

"Three Christian men reached out to me and loved me unconditionally," he said.

But many years before that, he was a terrorist - even as a child.

"I joined the PLO when I was seven years old. Before that, I was with a group called the Muslim Brotherhood when I was six years old. I went to assault camp when I was seven years old. I went on my first mission when I was seven years old. I became a recruiter when I was seven years old."

He fought in many battles and wars -- against Christians in Lebanon, Russians in Afghanistan, Jews in Israel.

But he ended up in America, recruiting new terrorists here.

"First you teach them Islamic teaching, and once it's embedded in their system, then you teach them how to use a gun," Saleem said.

Saieg agrees with Saleem, that Islam preaches violence.

"When I see Sura 9:5, it talks about ''kill the Christians and Jews -- the People of the Book -- wherever you find them.' There are over 140 verses in the Koran that talk about killing," Saieg says.

Saleem says don't buy everything you hear about Islam these days.

"Muslims will say 'We're a people of peace -- we worship the same God,'" He said.

But what they're really taught is "that Jews are pigs and monkeys. Jews they must be killed. 'The rock will cry out "there's a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him,"' Saleem said.

They say Muslims believe Christ was a mere man.

"He didn't even die on the cross. He was lifted up and He's coming back and He will be a Muslim," Saleem said.

Arabic Christian Perspective hopes to open up a lot of Islamic eyes when it holds a debate with Muslim apologist Nadir Ahmed in Anaheim, Calif., October 20.

Nadir Ahmed is raring to debate the key question: whether Islam is a religion of peace or terrorism.

"There's a lot of anti-Islamic propaganda, especially by Pat Robertson and CBN and places like that," Ahmed said. "And I'm really shocked to see how evangelicals love to promote this idea -- that it's not a religion of peace."

Ahmed seems a natural for this debate. He runs his own Web site defending Islam, Examine the Truth.com

"There's clear teaching to promote peace with non-Muslims. And those verses are not mentioned by these propagandists. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to mention those verses," he said.

But it didn't seem very peaceful when Muslims eavesdropped on CBN News' interview with Saieg then ripped into him for saying Islam was not a religion of peace.

They yelled and screamed he wasn't telling the truth, shouting down the former terrorist Saleem as he tried to defend Saieg.

Meanwhile, Ahmed insists Americans misunderstand Muslims and key Islamic words like "jihad," which means "struggle."

"Someone's struggling with alcoholism and he's trying to stay away from that. That's a jihad against alcohol," he said.

But Saieg says jihad almost always means bloody struggle. And Saleem warns that right here in America there are 45 Islamic assault camps where would-be terrorists train.

"These are embedded in different states," Saleem said. "Today the recruiting ground is in the prison system, high schools, universities, neighborhoods."

It's to counter such efforts that Saieg and his people are reaching out as quickly as they can to Muslims at Arab Festivals, like one that took place in Seattle, and a recent one in Dearborn, Mich., where dozens converted.

"And, praise the Lord, we had 42 Muslims come to the Lord." Saieg said.

These former Muslims insist Islamic people are not by nature violent.They totally blame the mayhem and terror pouring out of Islamic lands on the religion itself.

"I really look at Osama bin Laden himself as a victim of Islam. My problem is not with Osama bin Laden. My problem is not with the Muslim people," Saieg said. "My problem is with the teaching of Islam, the teaching of Koran because this is what is pushing Muslims to do what they're doing."

"So while these Christians say that Islam itself may be a danger, they believe the Islamic people are as deserving of love as anyone else and can be just as open to Jesus."
Last edited by water on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now is the time to be the Sons of Issachar - 1 Chronicles 12:32

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby water on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Here is one, if not *the* best, site have found on understanding Islam and Muslims.

There is so much to read on this site, you will simply have to check it out for yourselves.

One of my favorite sections is "Why They Converted"...it is quite encouraging.

http://answering-islam.org/

Remember, the most basic tenet of Christianity, of those who follow Jesus, is love. We are not immune to anger, but even when our tempers flare, we are to follow Jesus. We can do it with his help.

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby Lazarus43 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 pm

:a3:
“A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on.” - Mark Twain
Lazarus43

Postby kazbo on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:27 pm

"Three Christian men reached out to me and loved me unconditionally," he said.

That's it, right there.

Never let the headlines fool you, these people are our brothers and sisters, children of God, who have had the sad misfortune of being deceived by one of the world's nastiest most gripping false religions.

Muslims will not see the love or salvation of Jesus in the faces of those shaking their fists or screaming hate.

:a3: :a3: :a3:

Thank you for starting this thread, Water. I don't have any experience to contribute, unfortunately, but the site and the article you posted are excellent.
kazbo

Postby qb0987 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Amen.

Genesis 17:18-21

18 And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!"

19 Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year."
qb0987

Postby water on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:00 am

kazbo wrote:Thank you for starting this thread, Water. I don't have any experience to contribute, unfortunately, but the site and the article you posted are excellent.

I believe this is the case for 99.999% of us and the reason I wanted to start something here to help us know how to engage Muslims.

I have had opportunity to meet several Muslims and my first impression, which I know is quite general, is that **many** of them follow Islam because they really have no choice. They are born into countries/societies where it is not just expected one will be Muslim, but it is enforced by the sword. Just meditate on that for a few minutes. Imagine yourself being born into Islam. Imagine knowing your father and uncle would probably kill you if you left Islam, or even if you were seen dating a non-Muslim (honor killing).

The nightmare of Islam is something very few of us can comprehend, we have no experience with how gripping and brutal Islam is.

There is another website which I am almost reluctant to share here, but I think it is also necessary.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Now this site is not from a Christian perspective, though I am certain the owner is Christian. I have communicated with him via email a few times and he states his mission is to simply reveal the brutality of Islam from a purely secular perspective. Why secular? So it can't be dismissed on the basis of religious rivalry by the secular world. The site has an obvious cynical tone to it, but the mission is to bring to light what is going on across the planet under the name of Islam.

I think we definitely want to avoid becoming cynical, we need to remember that Satan is the fuel behind Islam and these people are simply deceived.

If we endeavor to focus on the mission, which is rescuing lost Muslims from Hell and Satan's grip, then we will be operating from the attitude that Jesus can use to work through us.

It is natural for us to feel angry about the attrocities committed through Islam, but we will fail our mission of reaching the lost if we dwell upon such things.

We will never argue a Muslim into Heaven, but we can love them into salvation through Jesus.

water

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 am

water wrote:I have had opportunity to meet several Muslims and my first impression, which I know is quite general, is that **many** of them follow Islam because they really have no choice.

They really do have a choice, but because of the circumstances you've described, water, they are not aware of them.

They are born into countries/societies where it is not just expected one will be Muslim, but it is enforced by the sword. Just meditate on that for a few minutes. Imagine yourself being born into Islam. Imagine knowing your father and uncle would probably kill you if you left Islam, or even if you were seen dating a non-Muslim (honor killing).

It's called brainwashing. Fear tactics and humiliation are also very effective tools for breaking down a person's resolve. These same processes are used not only in Islamic countries, but in many cults throughout our own country.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby sheri on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 am

Water- you and I are on the same page. Thank you for stating it much better than I. Awhile back I wrote about my experience with witnessing to Muslims-
in fact the group you refer to in Seattle is actually based in Anaheim ,Ca, near my home ,and that is how I got involved. Here is their web site:

http://www.ministrytomuslims.com/whoweare.html

I passed out tracts, cd's, bibles, ect. at the Arabic festival in Garden Grove after attending a 4 day seminar given by the group with the purpose of understanding Muslims(not whitewashing the problem they pose to the Christian community and the world mind you), but learning how to come to them in love, as Jesus would want us to do. Most Muslims are lost souls in a Satan inspired religion and we must try, even though it is difficult at times to overcome our fears, to love them. I truly believe that if a Muslim is truly searching for the true God, and they pray with an open heart, asking the TRUE God to reveal himself to them, He will, many times in visions and dreams. I think this is the best way to reach out to them. Also, they associate "Christians" with the crusades, and it is better to say to them that we are "followers of Jesus Christ", because they do believe in Jesus as a great prophet-we must try to approach them from their viewpoint, and this takes an understanding of their religion, so I think we as Christians must become very educated in their beliefs. It is an uphill battle and that is why the most effective outreach is from Christians who are former Muslims. But this is a catch 22, because Satan in his very diabolical way, made it punishable with death for Muslims to convert-- and the very ex-Muslims who make the best witnesses are attacked , threatened ,and often killed. Kamal Saleem, the ex-PLO terrorist was to be the key-note speaker at our conference, but had to bow out at the last minute due to credible death threats to him and his family. The FBI told him not to speak. All the other speakers were also threatened. These are very brave people and we need to support them in any way we can.
I am definitely going to try and attend the Oct 20 debate mentioned in the article, and will try to report back on what happened. I think we should start a new thread here at FP just dedicated to Muslims and Islam, because it is, and will , become more relative to end- time prophesy.

I believe that God is reaching out to lost Muslims all over the world in a last call, before His return, and we must not be afraid for God will stand beside us as we witness to those who are trapped in the Devils lair that is Islam.
Sheri :a2:
SO DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU; DO NOT BE DISMAYED, FOR I AM YOUR GOD. I WILL STREGTHEN YOU AND HELP YOU; I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY RIGHTIOUS RIGHT HAND.
isaiah 41:8-10
sheri
Supporting Member

Postby mo bean on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:45 am

Living in a Muslim country, I have to say that Muslims are not my enemy. They're my neighbors and have welcomed us only with sincere kindness. In fact, they think America is a scary place, full of guns and violence, and that Americans are sinful people. (They also think all white people are rich.) This view of America is shaped almost entirely by Hollywood. We talked to some teenage Muslim girls who were shocked to find out that my husband doesn't sleep around. All Americans do, right? Their view of "Christian" America is rather warped.

The average Muslim in Indo (the largest population of Muslims in the world) is just trying to be good and live in harmony with the people around them. It is a works-based religion that promotes good behavior.

I'll be very blunt: the fear that many Americans have is not of God and needs to be overcome. (not directed at anyone on this post, but maybe someone reading this has fear in this area.) The average Muslim is not a terrorist.
mo bean

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:54 am

Thank you for that "insider" perspective, mo bean. Very interesting. I'm wondering is Muslims living in our country see things differently. Or if they have become "Americanized" to an extent. Just curious.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby water on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:16 am

mo bean,

I know that many Muslims only want to please God despite being trapped in a false religion. I believe God knows their hearts and will show them the true path in his timing.

The problem is that countries and people groups which have already submitted to Islam do not understand the threat that non-Muslims face from their radical ahderents.

While the purpose of this thread is to discuss how best to witness to Muslims, I think it is important for everyone to be aware of the facts, which are that thousands of people are being tortured and killed around the globe in the name of Islam every year.

Even those nations/people groups that have already submitted to Islam face the brutal enforcement of Sharia Law.

There is no free will in Islam and it is enforced by the sword. Leaving Islam for another faith is punishable by death, as are many other *sins*. And of course women always suffer more severe punishments than men.

The important thing for us to remember is that for many Muslims, they believe there is no choice but to submit to Islam.

Also, everyone should remember too that just as their are Christians who truly follow Jesus and Christians who merely claim the title, the same applies to Muslims. The difference is that a true Christian's path leads to love, while a true Muslim's path leads to forcing others to submit to Islam by whatever means necessary.

All Muslims needs to see the peace and love of Jesus shine through us in order for our witness to be credible. Anything less only confirms the false teachings of Islam.

water

Postby water on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:18 am

On another note mo bean, I would LOVE to live in a Muslim country. My only purpose on this planet is to lead others to Christ, Jesus loves them so much.

Maybe someday.

water

Postby water on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:01 am

I know this is a HUGE article to read here, but I highly recommend it. The author touches on poins that are vital to the understanding of true Islam.

From Joel's Trumpet - El Gallo wrote the following:

I believe the claim that the A.C. will be Jewish is pretty thin, though the claim that the False Prophet will be Jewish is much stronger. Here is a fairly lengthy explanation why I became convinced that the A.C. will be Muslim (even before I found this site):

What Evidence does the Bible Provide for Antichrist’s Origins?
Lactantius (c. 250-330 AD), an early Biblical scholar, said in 307 A.D.:
“[A] king shall arise out of Syria [ancient Assyria], born from an evil spirit, the overthrower and destroyer of the human race, who shall destroy that which is left by the former evil, together with himself. . . . But that king will not only be most disgraceful in himself, but he will also be a prophet of lies, and he will constitute and call himself God, and will order himself to be worshipped as the Son of God, and power will be given to him to do signs and wonders, by the sight of which he may entice men to adore him. He will command fire to come down from heaven and the sun to stand and leave its course, and an image to speak, and these things shall be done at his word. . . . Then he will attempt to destroy the temple of God and persecute the righteous people.”

Since Lactantius had the same scriptures as modern eschatologists, why didn’t he think Antichrist would come from Rome? Where did the Assyrian connection come from? First, many scholars believe Isaiah himself identifies the false messiah as “the Assyrian.” (Is. 14:24-27) Revelation 13 further says “1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” You can be forgiven for facetiously thinking “Well, that’s sure is helpful.” Actually though, this passage is quite helpful, and helps me understand how Lactantius arrived at his interpretation.
Conservative eschatologists like Hal Lindsey have used simile to explain Daniel’s passage, saying, in Lindsey’s case, the animal descriptions refer to Antichrist’s characteristics like pride, speed, and strength. I think that approach misses the obvious. Scripture illuminates scripture, and the Prophet Daniel describes the very animals named in Revelation 13.
In Daniel 7 an angel tells him these animals represent great empires. The Lion was the Babylonian Empire (built upon the smaller Assyrian Empire); the Bear was the Medeo Persian Empire; and the Leopard was the Greek Empire. Accordingly it seems logical to say that Revelation’s use of these same symbols was purposeful and the “Beast,” or Antichrist, described in Revelation 13 will arise from the area formerly covered by these empires.
That territory is generally the area from Greece to Egypt, centered on modern Iraq (part of ancient Assyria) and also contains the city of Babylon, which plays such a significant part in prophecy. So its seems clear enough to me that Antichrist will come from the Mideast. Yet, one can not forget Daniel’s clear evidence that the Antichrist would come from the Roman Empire. Doesn’t that mean Italy or Europe?
In fact Daniel’s dream also included a fourth beast, that did not have the form of a known animal, and instead was simply labeled “terrible.” The angel made it clear to Daniel this fourth “kingdom” would be horrifyingly violent, crush the lands of its predecessors, and eventually dominate the entire world. Of course the Roman Empire did subdue the areas under the old empires and then, through its Western Roman Branch; i.e., Europe, came to dominate the world. Putting all this together, there seems to be a disconnect between Daniel 9:26 and Revelation 13, since none of the first three empires extended to Italy or Western Europe. There is not a disconnect.
The Roman Empire, at its height, was geographically more anchored in the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East, than in what would be Western Europe. As the empire matured and grew weaker, it split into Western and Eastern Empires and in fact the Eastern (Byzantine) Empire outlasted the Western by several hundred years. The Eastern Empire’s capitol was Byzantium, later called Constantinople (after Emperor Constantine, who made Christianity the official religion of the entire empire), and finally was conquered by the Muslims, who gave it its current name: Istanbul. If you lay a map of the Eastern Empire over those of Revelation 13’s three animals, it covers them all closely. So there is no contradiction at all between Daniel 9:26 and Revelation 13.
This temporarily leads back to the Harlot of Babylon, seated on seven mountains. (Rev.17) To mainstream eschatologists, this is a hint that the Beast will come from Italy, since the well-known nick name for Rome is the “City on Seven Hills.” But Dr. Ernest Martin writes there are two, and perhaps three, other ancient cities with the same nick name: Istanbul, Jerusalem, and perhaps even Babylon. All have played an important part in the history of Islam, all have ties to Babylon, and I believe all may play a key role in the Antichrist’s rise.
Neither Jerusalem nor Babylon needs any introduction in the arena of Biblical prophecy. As to Istanbul, I believe it is intimately connected to prophecy via its pre and post-Islamic eras.
In 670 B.C., the citizens of then Byzantium claimed the crescent moon as their state symbol, after an important victory. However, the origin of the crescent moon as a symbol dates back much earlier - to ancient Babylon and ancient Egypt . Nevertheless, Byzantium was the first governing state to use the crescent moon as its national symbol. It has been claimed that, when the city fell to the Ottoman Muslims in 1453, they saw this flag with the crescent all over Constantinople, and adopted it as their own. The Ottoman Empire, and many Muslim states since then have adopted it. It is prominent on the flags of Islam.
It is then more than ironic that Allah was the moon god, that Istanbul has an independent connection back to moon worship, and that Revelation 12:1 paints the picture of the Tribulation Jews thus:“1A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.” Perhaps this is God’s sign that the Jews will be protected and triumphant over Islam, since the moon is under the woman’s feet. This would explain why the Muslim Antichrist would try his utmost to destroy this Lady.

The Rise, Fall and Rejuvenation of Islam

A reasonable argument may be “Even assuming he Antichrist will come from the Middle East, couldn’t he be a Jew, or of some other origin than Islam?” I believe the answer lies in the nature of Islam, and the prerequisite power base an Antichrist would need for a run at world domination. Therefore I want to touch on the nature of The Prophet Mohammed and the religion he founded.
The Prophet Mohammed was born at Mecca (modern Saudi Arabia) – now the holiest city in Islam — in 570 A.D., and began receiving visions from “the Angel Gabriel” in 612. He believed he was God’s final and greatest prophet, sent to reestablish pure religion. These visions over time were written down in the Koran. He called his religion “Islam,” or “Submission.”
He met Jews and Christians locally and by travel, and from these meetings gained a limited understanding of the Bible. But his understanding was either mistaken or intentionally skewed. For instance he declared that Judas, not Jesus, was crucified, and that the Holy Trinity consisted of the Father, Mary and Jesus.
Critically, he insisted Jesus was a great prophet (second only to Mohammed) but certainly not a co-equal son of God. Though he identified Allah as the same God as that of the Bible, Allah was actually the name of the chief pagan god in the Saudi Arabian peninsula in the time. Allah was the Moon god, and he was worshipped at the mysterious black stone called the “Kaaba,” which is now the holiest spot in Islam. Evidently Islam had stronger ties to the occult, than the Bible.
At first Mohammed tried to convince Jewish and Christian leaders that he was the latest prophet in a line of prophets stretching from Moses to the “Prophet Jesus.” He sought a kinship, but was naturally rejected as a nut, and there after turned against the Christians and Jews. This is apparently why the early part of the Koran holds a somewhat beneficent view of them, and, being recorded chronologically, in its later parts labels them enemies and declares they must be brought under submission by “jihad” (holy war).
Mohammed became increasingly capricious and violent as time went on. In contrast to Jesus, whom Mohammed declared inferior to himself, Muslim scholars admit that Mohammed often changed his commands and teachings, though always claiming divine direction. After he was reviled by the Jews, Christians and pagans, he rejected all compromise and reported instructions from Allah to use war to overcome any unbelievers. The theme accelerated as he became more successful. Eventually the Koran instructed his followers that the entire world must submit, or be subdued through jihad. As his strength grew, Mohammed led battles against opposing Arab tribes, the Byzantine Empire, and anyone who opposed him in word or deed, incorporating the teaching that any booty taken in these pursuits was Allah’s reward to the faithful.
After his death in 633, the capitol of Islam was first in Damascus, then in Baghdad, and finally in Istanbul. Islam steadily spread into the Mediterranean islands, India, Africa, through Spain, and into southern France, before being stopped in Europe at the Battle of Tours in 732.
Muslim power and expansion waxed and waned as they fought the Europeans in the Crusades and in Spain (they were finally pushed back to North Africa in 1492), each other, and the Mongols and Seljuks. But after incorporating the Mongols and Turkish peoples, Islam was revitalized and conquered Constantinople in 1453– the last Christian stronghold in the east. The “Ottoman Caliphate” was then declared and headquartered in Istanbul. Eventually the Ottomans penetrated Europe, invading into parts of Greece and all the way to the gates of Vienna, where they were defeated in 1683. This was the high tide for Islamic expansion by war, and the Ottoman Empire weakened until it was dismembered by the European powers after World War I.
. Though the European powers dominated the core Islamic lands in the modern Middle East after World War I, those latter lands have always remained Islamic. Today, powered by oil wealth and renewed fanaticism, the zealots of Islam like Osama bin Laden and the Iranian Mullahs again seriously talk of world conquest and a world wide Caliphate. While the Sunni and Shiite branches of Islam are theologically at odds, their imperialists share the belief that their efforts are only the prelude to a coming messiah, Imam, or Mahdi, who will come to rid the world of unbelievers and establish the Caliphate. It is this Mahdi whom I believe will be the Antichrist.

The Spirit of Antichrist

The English word Antichrist is translated from the Greek, literally meaning “opposite of Christ”. A broader meaning is “in place of Christ”. Antichrist’s name is fully descriptive of his character. He is Anti-Christ or in Hebrew, the opposite of Messiah, whom the Jews expect to come in God’s name to save them.
The Messiah, or Christ, is the one anointed by God and qualified to carry out certain work in God’s name. This work is to redeem God’s people from sin and death by His own death, and to renew God’s creation in righteousness and peace. Jesus of Nazareth is this Christ. He is God’s anointed, and qualified to do the work of redeeming God’s people and renewing creation.
Antichrist will be a false Christ, according to Matthew 24:24. He claims to be anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and claims to be qualified to do the work in God’s name of redeeming God’s people and renewing the creation. He intends to do this by seizing world power and deceiving many.
Satan rarely works directly. His modus operendi is subtle changing and deception. Thus in Genesis 3 he did not blatantly tell Eve God was a liar, he simply filled her mind with a nuanced challenge and lie: “Did God really say you must not eat from any tree in the Garden?” When Eve pointed out only one tree was forbidden, he then said, “You will not surely die,” and then filled her mind with the notion that God was hiding good things from her. He is called “crafty” and in the same way scripture shows the Antichrist will be crafty, challenging scripture even while convincing billions he is God’s supernaturally gifted leader and savior. Yet as Paul warned, “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” (Galatians 1:7-9)
When the Antichrist appears at God’s appointed time (2 Thess. 2:6), he will pose as the Messiah, and will be so successful that even many Jews and Christians (even if nominal) will be convinced. His “coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders” (2 Thess. 2:9). Imitating the Second Coming of Christ (Rev. 19:11), Antichrist will come riding a white horse to make war (Rev. 6:2). He will then claim to introduce an era of peace (Dan. 11:21). Antichrist will be so persuasive that he will convince the Israelis he is divine and make a covenant with them. (Dan. 9:27) But being essentially war like, he will initiate more war after he demands to be universally worshipped (Rev. 13:4).
Any scripturally sound Christians will easily spot him when he comes, because of his twisting scripture. 1 John 2:22-23 says: “Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.” Nevertheless, most of the world will be fooled, or refuse to oppose him.

The Spirit of Islam

Before exploring whether a Muslim might fit the Antichrist’s description, it is worth comparing the Koran and Muslim pronouncements to the Bible to see if these do, as I contend, exhibit a spirit of antichrist.
Various commentators, including Muslims who speak admiringly, have recognized that Mohammed and the Koran practice a violent situational ethics, advocating murder, pillage and lying in furtherance of Allah’s glory. Islam’s enduring and overarching value is war; war to place the entire world under Islam. Ibn Tayamiyya (d. 1328), an early Muslim scholar, presented the view held by Islamists today: “Since lawful warfare is essentially jihad and since its aim is that the religion is Allah’s entirely and Allah’s word is uppermost, therefore, accordingly to all Muslims, those who stand in the way of this aim must be fought.”
Robert Spencer observes “Islam is unique in having a developed doctrine, theology, and legal system that mandates warfare against unbelievers; it is not a twisting of Islam, but is repeatedly affirmed in the Qur’an, the Hadith, the example of Mohammed, and the rulings of every school of Islamic jurisprudence . . . .” Amir Tahiri, the editor of Politique International of Paris recorded that, of the 30 wars going on at the time of the 9/11 attack in the U.S., 28 involved Muslim people fighting either non-Muslims or even other Muslims. Islam says “War is us.”
The Koran states “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya (tax) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (Sura 9:29)
The Bible says “In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. (John 16:2)
The Koran states: “O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers … ” (Sura 9:123).
The Bible says: “Love your enemies.” (Luke 6:35)
The Koran states: “But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them and lie in wait (ambush) for them in every stratagem (of war)” (Sura 9:5).
The Bible says: “Do good to them that hate you.” (Math. 5:44).
The Koran states: “Therefore when ye meet the unbelievers [in fighting] smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly [on them]” (Sura 47:4).
The God of the Bible says: “Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:27-29)
The God of the Bible and Allah are not the same being because one teaches man to do good and the other teaches man to do evil. One teaches love and peace, the other teaches war and hatred.
Most importantly, the Koran states: “God forbid that he should have a son.” Jesus declared He is the Son of God and in saying, “Before Abraham was, I AM” declared Himself to be God. Jesus also said: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” (Gospel of John).
In sum neither Mohammed nor the Koran could be said to exhibit anything else than the spirit of antichrist. First because, as John says “By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.” (1 John 4:2-3) Second, because of Islam’s works.
A hundred years ago Winston Churchill observed that Islam ”is the most retrograde force on the face of the planet.” So it is today. Poverty, fury and quick violence are hallmarks of Muslim societies. News reports in recent years have documented that practices commonly accepted in Islam are antithetical to the West, and its Judeo-Christian traditions. Violence in general and against women in particular is routine. Slavery, beheadings, hand chopping, female mutilations, ritual rape of a sister to punish a brother, and many similar barbarities long absent from most of the world continue in Muslim lands.
In a typical example of the darkness seething just beneath the surface of Islam, world-wide violent demonstrations followed a Danish paper publishing some fairly benign depictions of Mohammed. Protesters in Britain displayed typical Islamic signs, but signs far from Western norms: “Freedom go to hell!;” “Slaughter those who insult Islam!;” “Europe, your 9/11 is coming!” Conversely, the outrage of 9/11 was met with large demonstrations in various Muslim capitols, but these were celebrations, not condemnatory gatherings.
Socially dysfunctional though it may be, radical Islam has invigorated its old expansionist self with oil money and renewed its ambition for world conquest. Today Muslims by the hundreds of millions are eagerly anticipating that the Islamic ferment means the Mahdi is coming soon to lead them to world domination.
Throughout the Islamic world today there is a call for the restoration of the Islamic Caliphate. The Caliph (Khalifa) in Islam may be viewed somewhat as the Pope of the Muslims. The Caliph is viewed as the Vice-regent for Allah on the earth. It is important to understand that when Muslims call for the restoration of the Caliphate, it is ultimately the Mahdi that they are calling for. For the Mahdi is the awaited final Caliph of Islam. As such, Muslims everywhere will be obligated to follow the Mahdi. More importantly, they believe the entire world must follow the Mahdi, and that makes the Mahdi a prime suspect as the future Antichrist.
Spencer notes that only about 10 % of the 1.5 billion Muslims are radicals, but he also points out nearly all the rest have been conditioned to avoid criticizing the radicals. Further, since deception in jihad is paramount, it is difficult to tell “moderates” from radicals. For instance, he recites that American Muslim spokesman Siraj Wahaj deplores radical Islam publicly, but has also said the United States will fall unless it “accepts the Islamic agenda.” According to Omar Ahmed, Chairman of the Board of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations): “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Qur’an should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth”
Spencer further warns of the West’s self-deception about the nature of Islam. “The government and media are eager to find moderate Muslims – and as their desperation has increased, their standards have declined.” Spencer reports that swaths of Europe have been brought under the sway of Muslim majorities and the Europeans have largely averted there gaze from the march of Islam, hoping that their fears are groundless. Rather than gird themselves to defend our inherited Judeo-Christian traditions, they increasingly find common cause with the Arab league and Islamists against Israel and the Untied States, back away in the face of Islamist demands within their own societies, and exhibit the subservient demeanor — “dhimitude” — required of those who wish to avoid Muslim attack. In sum, Islam has the will and vision to overcome the languishing West, and the doctrine which will obligate them to support a Mahdi toward world conquest.
The upshot is, as the comparisons above illustrate, the Koran is a manual of war that omits the concept of God’s love, while the Bible is a manual of peace, brimming with a loving God. Which is the spirit of antichrist? Now, what of a Muslim Antichrist?
The Muslims have produced a body of literature that explains their beliefs about the coming messiah. As shown below, that literature bears an eerie resemblance to the Biblical descriptions of the Antichrist, and so it is useful to compare them. This is not to say the writings are comparable, but Satan clearly knows scripture and, I believe, has invented an antichrist religion, scripture and messiah in a plot to disrupt God’s plan. Because of Islam’s weakness until recently, and the concurrent Euro-centrism of eschatologists, I believe they have missed the compelling similarities between Christian and Muslim end times literature, which collectively make the case for the Muslim Antichrist.

Initial military attack on Israel

Muslims: The Mahdi’s ascendancy to power is said to be aided by an army from the east, who will be carrying black flags or banners of war. Sheikh Kabbani states:

“Hadith (writings interpreting Mohammed’s teachings and the Koran) indicate that black flags coming from the area of Khorasan will signify the appearance of the Mahdi is nigh. Khorasan is in today’s Iran, and some scholars have said that this Hadith means when the black flags appear from Central Asia, i.e. in the direction of Khorasan, then the appearance of the Mahdi is imminent.”

Muhammad Ibn Izzat and Muhammd ‘Arif comment that:

“The Mahdi will be victorious and eradicate those pigs and dogs (Jews) and the idols of this time so that there will once more be a caliphate based on prophethood as the Hadith states… Jerusalem will be the location of the rightly guided caliphate and the center of Islamic rule, which will be headed by Imam al-Mahdi… That will abolish the leadership of the Jews… and put an end to the domination of the Satans who spit evil into people and cause corruption in the earth, making them slaves of false idols and ruling the world by laws other than the Shari’a [Islamic Law] of the Lord of the worlds.”

Islamic tradition pictures the Mahdi as joining with the army of Muslim warriors carrying black flags. The Mahdi will then lead this army to Israel and re-conquer it for Islam. The Jews will be slaughtered until very few remain and Jerusalem will become the location of the Mahdi’s rule over the Earth. “The Prophet said… The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: ‘Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.’”

Bible: Ezekiel in Chapters 38-39 also describe an attack on Israel in the last days by an army from now-Muslim held areas and their allies.

Comment: In the light of Mohammed’s teachings, it is little wonder Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes it is Iran’s destiny to attack and destroy Israel. The Iranian Mullahs have stated that Mahdi will be ushered in by war and chaos – war they believe they must start in order to get things going. The Prophet Ezekiel in Chapters 38-39 describes a “War of Gog and Magog” where Persia (Iran) and its allies attack Israel and are miraculously destroyed by God. Those who believe it would precede the last seven years described by Daniel, posit that Antichrist might use the horror of the great destruction to convince both Jew and Arabs to enter into a peace treaty; i.e., the treaty which would be the false peace spoken of by Daniel. (Rev. 11:2-3). As discussed below, the Muslim literature also talks of Mahdi making a peace treaty for a period.

Seven Year Reign Over the World and A Seven Year Peace Treaty

Muslims: Abu Sa’id al-Khudari narrated that the Prophet said: “Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a pointed (prominent) nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny. He will rule for seven years.
“The Prophet said… He will divide the property, and will govern the people by the Sunnah of their Prophet and establish Islam on Earth. He will remain seven years, then die, and the Muslims will pray over him.”
“The Prophet said: The Mahdi… will fill the earth with equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years.”

One Hadith talks of the Mahdi’s time including a final peace agreement between the Arabs and the “Romans.” Although this peace agreement is made with the “Romans”, it is said to be mediated specifically through a Jew from the priestly lineage of Aaron. The peace agreement will be made for a period of seven years. “Muhammad said: ‘There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans [Christians]. The fourth agreement will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadrat Haroon [Honorable Aaron – Moses’ brother] and will be upheld for seven years.’”

Bible: Both Daniel Chapter 9 and Revelation state that Antichrist will rule seven years. Daniel further states he “will confirm a covenant with many for one seven. In the middle of the seven he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” (Dan. 9:26-27).

Comment: There may not be any contradiction between “Romans” and Jews, as Israel is seen as an illegal Western outpost among Arab lands. Any treaty regarding the lands in Israel and particularly rebuilding the Jewish Temple argues strongly for a Muslim Antichrist. Arabs and Muslims in general today clearly distrust the West, and would hardly accept either the leadership or a treaty of a Westerner/non-Muslim. Only a miracle-working Muslim would have the strength to hold the Muslim Ummah (people) together under such a controversial setting. The Bible tells us why, when it says he will violate the treaty at its 3 ½ year midpoint, by committing the “abomination of desolation” in the rebuilt temple.
Early on Mohammed taught his followers the principle of “takiya”; i.e., that Allah only allows an interruption of Allah’s prescribed perpetual jihad against unbelievers, via truces. The truces are to be honored only until the Muslim side regains the strength to attack again. This is long settled doctrine among Muslims. It is quite possible the Muslims will be in a weak condition, perhaps after the War of Gog and Magog, and will need make a truce with the West and Israel. Mahdi will make sure the Arabs agree. But after 3 ½ years he will break the treaty. The Ummah in the mosques will be mollified by telling them from the beginning of the treaty that the principle of takiya is in effect.

World Rule

Muslims: The Mahdi will be world leader who will not only rule over the Islamic world, but also the non-Muslim world as well. “Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.”

Bible: “He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.” Revelation 13:7

Comment: This person clearly must have supernatural abilities to bring about world wide power, but why is it likely he is Muslim? The answer is soldiers. The consensus among eschatologists is that Antichrist will mesmerize through charisma and miraculous signs. However, mankind is relentlessly fractious and, in the seven-year time frame God allows Antichrist, he certainly would have a difficult time organizing a region, much less the world. Even Hitler took over a decade just to get his country men generally ready for war. No, Antichrist needs to “hit the ground running” and for this will require a massive ready army. A Mahdi-Antichrist will instantly have 1.3 billion Muslims, already indoctrinated before he ever shows up, and suddenly radicalized by the miracle-working Mahdi. This would be the minimum he would need to organize immediate military campaigns and world-wide dominance, and I can not imagine any other leader, no matter how wondrous, who could possibly dominate the world in such a short time frame. Another sign is the fact that the re-invigoration of Islam we currently see has already neutralized any likely resistance from Europe. They will lack to will to oppose the Mahdi, and their Muslim populations will in fact probably take over.

Antichrist Will be Seen as a Miraculous Messiah, Coming on a White Horse.

Muslims: Muslim scholar Ka’b al-Ahbar, a reputed “trustworthy transmitter of Hadith as well as isra’iliyyat”, believed Mahdi will ride the white horse described in Revelation. Two Egyptian authors, Muhammad Ibn ‘Izzat and Muhammad ‘Arif, in their book Al Mahdi and the End of Time, say:

“It is clear that this man is the Mahdi who will ride the white horse [of Revelation 6] and judge by the Qur’an (with justice) and with whom will be men with marks of prostration on their foreheads.”

Bible: Rev. 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Rev 13:16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.

Comment: Christian eschatologists agree that the White Horseman of Revelation 6 is the Antichrist, and it is fascinating that this is one part of the Bible Muslim scholars adopt as correct. More fascinating is that they use this horseman. In Revelation 19 there is a second white horseman, coming at the end of the Tribulation period to crush the Antichrist: “11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.” How telling the Muslim scholars cleave to the Antichrist horseman, rather than the Christ horseman.
The comment above about a “mark” on the forehead is also telling. Popular culture has been fascinated with the mark of the Beast, but it is especially interesting to see Muslim scholars talk of some mark on the forehead of Muslim followers. The President of Iran takes a different tack, recently telling a rally that the Mahdi will come very soon, reign from Babylon, and make the unbelievers wear a “mark of shame on their foreheads.” Though different in affect than Issat and Tarif’s view, still it is Mahdi who controls the “mark.”
A final note is the mention of slaves taking the mark. This might be attributed to anachronism, but even today Muslims in North Africa and Arabia are known to practice slavery. No one but Muslims do so.

Mahdi Will Conquer by Means of War

Muslims: While some Muslims believe that most of the non-Muslims of the world will convert to Islam peaceably during the reign of the Mahdi, most traditions picture the non-Muslim world coming to Islam as a result of being conquered by the Mahdi. Abduallrahman Kelani, author of The Last Apocalypse, describes the many battles of the Mahdi:

“Al-Mahdi will receive a pledge of allegiance as a caliph for Muslims. He will lead Muslims in many battles of jihad. His reign will be a caliphate that follows the guidance of the Prophet. Many battles will ensue between Muslims and the disbelievers during the Mahdi’s reign.

Bible: Rev. 6:2 “I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. 3When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. 7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword . . . .”

Rev 13:4 “Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?” 7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.”

Comment: As noted earlier, the Mahdi would have an instant army out of 1.3 billion energized, if not fanatic followers. If Muslims can be as aggressive and expansionist as they are today, imagine the state of their collective will if lead by a supernaturally endowed performer they believe is Allah’s own. They will sweep over the world by the sword, or threats. Mark Steyn in America Alone pungently comments that Europe’s zealous pursuit of ease and peace condemns them to be overcome by the demographic tide of Muslims in their midst. If Europe has no stomach for confronting radical Islam today, it will certainly fold in the face of a Mahdi and his millions of warriors. Europe lacks the will or strength to be the source of the Antichrist, or to stop him.
A further cultural tale-tell note about the Muslim candidacy for the post of Antichrist is Rev 20:4, where John writes “And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands.” At a time the Western and Far Eastern worlds increasingly quail at the very thought of capital punishment, the Muslim world accepts and champions beheading, both in war and as punishment.

He Will Have a Second-in-Command, the False Prophet

Muslims: Mohammed said “A group of my Ummah will fight for the truth until near the day of judgment when Jesus, the son of Mary, will descend, and the leader of them will ask him to lead the prayer, but Jesus declines, saying: “No, Verily, among you Allah has made leaders for others and He has bestowed his bounty upon them.”

Ka’b al-Ahbar says, “He will be called Mahdi because he will guide (yahdi) to something hidden and will bring out the Torah and Gospel from a town called Antioch.”

“As-Suyuti mentioned in al-Hawi that the messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘he is called the Mahdi because he will guide the people to a mountain in Syria from which he will bring out the volumes of the Torah to refute the Jews. At the hands of the Mahdi the Ark of the Covenant will be brought forth from the Lake of Tiberius and taken and placed in Jerusalem.’”

Bible: “He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time.” (Dan. 7:24-26)

Math. 24:24 “For false Christ’s and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.”

Rev 13:6 “He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. 11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast.”

Rev 19:20 “But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.”

Comment: Perhaps the saddest episode of the entire tribulation will be the False Prophet. God will allow Antichrist nearly unlimited power, such as changing “set times and laws,” to let an unbelieving world have what it always wanted, something other than God. First he will use his power to set up a counterfeit religion, then will demand worship of himself. His administrator will be the magical False Prophet. Most conservative eschatologists assume the false religion will be some permutation of Christianity, and I think the false Jesus the Muslim Mahdi would summon as his servant would be specifically intended to lead nominal Christians and Jews to destruction by presenting an ersatz version of their loosely held faith, which nonetheless bows to Islam.
Jesus says false Christ’s and prophets will perform such great, lying wonders that they will “deceive even the elect—if that were possible.” (Math. 24:24). The logical inference is that these false ones would be preaching some semblance of Christian jargon, and many will be led astray, but not the faithful believers (elect), who will be killed when found. It follows that if someone appears showing great signs, calling himself the second appearing of Jesus Christ, and explaining the Bible was corrupted and Mohammed was right, nominal Christians and Jews will be deceived and fall away.
The extreme offense here is Satan’s proffer of a false Jesus, fulfilling Mohammed’s slander that Jesus was not divine; echoes of Satan’s oily and snide words to Eve: “Did God really say . . . .?”
Through this counterfeit, Satan will ask unprepared nominal Christians “Did God really say he would dwell with men?” (Math. 1:22-24) “Did God really say Jesus was his only begotten son?” (John 3:18) “Did God really say he would sacrifice his only begotten son to save sinful men, if only they would believe on him?” (John 3:16) “Did God really say ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me?’” (John 3:16) Using his full bag of deceitful, vicious, and blasphemous tricks –including false religious artifacts — this vulgar imposter will lead probably millions of nominal Christians and Jews, who will not rely on scripture, to destruction.
The other, more monstrous, offense of this counterfeit is that Satan appears to accomplish through deceit what he could not do when facing Jesus. Satan fruitlessly offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, if only Jesus would worship him. Now this false Jesus will bow down to Antichrist. Through the ages many scoffers have questioned Jesus’ divinity and many others suggested the scriptures about Jesus were untrustworthy. But none other than Mohammed dared suggest he was superior to Jesus. Through the False Prophet Satan doubles the outrage, manufacturing a false Jesus who acknowledges Mohammed’s boasts, then subject’s himself to Satan’s chosen.

Miraculous signs and untold riches

Muslims: Islamic scholars maintain the Mahdi will have control over the weather and the rain and crops. Under his rule, the world will live in prosperity. Islamic tradition relates that Muhammad said:

“In the last days of my Ummah, the Mahdi will appear. Allah will give him power over the wind and the rain and the earth will bring forth its foliage. He will give away wealth profusely, flocks will be in abundance, and the Ummah will be large and honored.”

“In those years my community will enjoy a time of happiness such as they have never experienced before. Heaven will send rain upon them in torrents, the earth will not withhold any of its plants, and wealth will be available to all. A man will stand and say, “Give to me Mahdi!” and he will say, ‘Take.’”

Bible: Rev. 13:11 “Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

2 Thess 2:8-10 “The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders . . . .”

Rev.18:2 “Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird. 3For all the nations have drunk the maddening wine of her adulteries. The kings of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.” 14″They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out: ” ‘Woe! Woe, O great city . . . .”

Comment: Eschatologists relate Antichrist and the false prophet will preside over a splendid economic empire, which God will destroy as he chastens the earth during the Great Tribulation. The above Bible scriptures indicate that for a time Antichrist may in fact be able to control weather, if only in some places. The Muslim nations and their allies (like Chavez’ Venezuela) will of course control most world oil reserves from the start; ergo the world economy. As Muslim armies overcome “nonbelievers” and confiscate their goods – particularly when the “Mark of the Beast” economic system is in place — the wealth creation for “believers” will be rapid and phenomenal.

The End

Nothing here is meant to denigrate individual Muslims. In fact we should pray for them, and the word coming from people in the know is that a vast hidden miracle is under way, as untold numbers of Muslims are receiving miraculous visions and dreams from God, telling them Islam is a lie and Jesus the truth. They now know what I believe is true.
But Islam still grows in strength, aggressiveness, and reach. In the sweep of history, Islam is the only large movement to seemingly be spiritually opposed to the very essence of Jesus Christ’s teachings, ministry, and church. It is the only one to offer an opposite alternative across the globe. And it is the only one having a body of tradition and literature which brings Bible prophecy into sharp relief. It is a movement with the spirit, motive, ability and will to produce the Antichrist. As the saying goes, to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Jesus said “Watch.”

water

Postby Lazarus43 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:46 am

mo bean wrote:Living in a Muslim country, I have to say that Muslims are not my enemy. They're my neighbors and have welcomed us only with sincere kindness. In fact, they think America is a scary place, full of guns and violence, and that Americans are sinful people. (They also think all white people are rich.) This view of America is shaped almost entirely by Hollywood. We talked to some teenage Muslim girls who were shocked to find out that my husband doesn't sleep around. All Americans do, right? Their view of "Christian" America is rather warped.

The average Muslim in Indo (the largest population of Muslims in the world) is just trying to be good and live in harmony with the people around them. It is a works-based religion that promotes good behavior.

I'll be very blunt: the fear that many Americans have is not of God and needs to be overcome. (not directed at anyone on this post, but maybe someone reading this has fear in this area.) The average Muslim is not a terrorist.
*Huge font size added for emphasis by Lazarus43.

Well said. Yours is an opinion based on reality. Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
Lazarus43
“A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on.” - Mark Twain
Lazarus43

Postby water on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:57 am

Laz, I agree too that *the average Muslim is not a terrorist*; however, the average Muslim does not stand against the radical Muslim who is a terrorist. There are no protests, no condemnations (other than the occasional press release to appease Wester mainstream media), and nothing else that would demonstrate that *average Muslims* disagree with what is being done in the name of Islamofascism.

One has to wonder why. I think there are several reasons, most of them bad.

A news cartoonist draws a picture of Mohammed with a bomb on his head and the average Muslims explode onto the streets in protest and the radical Muslims kill the guy.

The Pope makes reference to the fact that Islam has been associated with war since its beginning and the average Muslims again rally in force that is amazingly huge. Yet when some Muslims butcher a few Bible press shop owners in Turkey, nothing.

Where are these average Muslims when Jesus is defamed or innocents are butchered in the name of Islam?

Again, I don't want to turn this thread into an Islam bash, but we need to see the truth...no blinders.

water

Postby bchandler on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:19 am

I had begun to look into this possibility.. and your article is inciteful water.. thanks for posting it...

I am beginning to wonder if the focus on europe isn't a distraction to the body of Christ... to keep us from seeing the real rise of the beast.

I am also beginning to wonder if the second beast kingdom... the false prophet's... isn't the apostacizing western world, following a false messiah who leads the western empires into Islam.

AKA the great falling away... which I believe is occuring now in the modern dominionist movement... all the kingdom now stuff.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:33 am

Try thinking about Islamists this way...

The average muslim is no different than the pew warmer in the christian church... not on fire.. not sold out... not necessarily fundamental... and not terribly active in faith beyond what is required to remain in good standing...

The average terrorist is equivalent to an on fire, sold out, fundamentalist, uncompromising believer in the word.

The difference is.. if the church got radically on fire for Jesus.. we would not run around killing people.

If a muslim mahdi shows up.. and solidifies, unifies, and fires up the muslim world... all those so called moderate muslims will be instantly transformed into fundamentalists... and presto chango... u got 1.5-2 billion terrorist whackos on your hands...

He has a ready made army.. willing to fight to the death... an army of billions... that will only grow as he conquers more and more...

Who could resist such an army??? No force on earth could... and nothing but nuclear anihilation could even hope to stop it. So... who here thinks anyone in this world has the backbone to nuke the islamic countries in our world into oblivion? IMO, no one... which is why Islam is so dangerous... and why this scenario is so plausible.
bchandler

Postby water on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:15 pm

bchandler wrote:I am beginning to wonder if the focus on europe isn't a distraction to the body of Christ... to keep us from seeing the real rise of the beast.

I am not so sure the EU is only a distraction. Dr. Solana has done a great deal to empower the Arab-Muslim nations with his policies.

I do believe that Islam will bring us the AC. There is no other religion on the planet that comes close to the power and rage of Islam towards God's people.

water

Postby water on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 pm

bchandler wrote:Try thinking about Islamists this way...

The average muslim is no different than the pew warmer in the christian church... not on fire.. not sold out... not necessarily fundamental... and not terribly active in faith beyond what is required to remain in good standing...

The average terrorist is equivalent to an on fire, sold out, fundamentalist, uncompromising believer in the word.

The difference is.. if the church got radically on fire for Jesus.. we would not run around killing people.

If a muslim mahdi shows up.. and solidifies, unifies, and fires up the muslim world... all those so called moderate muslims will be instantly transformed into fundamentalists... and presto chango... u got 1.5-2 billion terrorist whackos on your hands...

He has a ready made army.. willing to fight to the death... an army of billions... that will only grow as he conquers more and more...

Who could resist such an army??? No force on earth could... and nothing but nuclear anihilation could even hope to stop it. So... who here thinks anyone in this world has the backbone to nuke the islamic countries in our world into oblivion? IMO, no one... which is why Islam is so dangerous... and why this scenario is so plausible.

Exactly.

All of those moderate Muslims are sidelined, standing by. We have some time to reach them, but not a great deal of time.

When the great deception arrives that Jesus spoke of, they will be hard to engage.

Jesus is moving among Muslims with dreams and visions in huge numbers. I will try to find the link of video testimonies, but the "Why They Converted" section at answering-islam.com has some great miracles.

It is time for all Christians to engage Muslims in love...but don't knock on their door unprepared. Many Muslims know the Bible quite well.

water

Postby member x on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:13 am

water wrote:
bchandler wrote:I am beginning to wonder if the focus on europe isn't a distraction to the body of Christ... to keep us from seeing the real rise of the beast.

I am not so sure the EU is only a distraction. Dr. Solana has done a great deal to empower the Arab-Muslim nations with his policies.

I do believe that Islam will bring us the AC. There is no other religion on the planet that comes close to the power and rage of Islam towards God's people.

bc - thanks for saying this. this thought has been on the tip of my mind for a while now.

Satan knows the prophecies, he know the most common understandings. is it not possible that he could distract us with more deception to keep our focus off the most obvious?

i still don't know either way, but i just can't get the thought of islam out of my mind. they seem to be the most capable of producing the one world religion we are told to expect.
member x
Supporting Member

Postby qb0987 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:31 pm

water wrote:I believe the claim that the A.C. will be Jewish is pretty thin, though the claim that the False Prophet will be Jewish is much stronger.

Indeed. Take a look at this article that examines the various justification for the A.C. to be Jewish: http://al-mahdi.atspace.com/jewishantichrist.html
None of them holds up, unfortunately.
qb0987

Postby qb0987 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 pm

bchandler wrote:Try thinking about Islamists this way...

I lived next door to a Muslim family for much of my teen days. My home country has many Muslims. All around us are Muslim countries. The Muslims around me were all very nice. I also began studying Islam twenty years ago, with very favorable thoughts about them, despite threats to me, and some of the nasty things I have received.

However, it was when I began to study Islamic eschatology and jihad, going back to the Qur'an, the hadiths, the classical scholars, do I begin to realize the monstrosity of it all.

Do Muslims want peace? Yes, definitely. But their vision of peace is not peaceful coexistence with other religions and people, but Islam supreme. That's why Muslim scholars divide the world into Darul-Salam (Abode of peace ... Muslim community) and Darul-Harb (Abode of War ... where Muslims are not ruling).

The Qur'an says : Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not. (Surah 2:216).

Muhammad revealed this when he moved from Mecca to Medina. In other words, as he moved from his old location to the new Muslim state, fighting is now the command. In fact, the early Muslims probably did not like the idea, as the verse says. But it became mandatory, even if they disliked it. It still applies today.

We need to distinguish between the natural desire of every Muslim to want to live in peace, just like everyone else from the religion that requires them to fight in order to achieve that "peace" (without the non-Muslims). As is always the case, ultimately conviction trumps personal feelings.

indeed

Muhammad required that all Muslims pledge allegiance to al-Mahdi when he appears, and also required all to support him and if able-bodied, join to help him fight. There is no other way when that happens (disobedience implies death). If only 20% of all Muslims join him, that number will be at least 300 million, more than the 200 million to be gathered at the Euphrates.

A lot of details about Al-Mahdi & AC at:
http://al-mahdi.atspace.com/al-mahdi.html
qb0987

Postby carpentersdaughter on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:26 pm

I am going to send this link to the person who wrote those threats to me today.

Pray that this person reads this site and comes to know Jesus....Wouldn't that be great....
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby water on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:17 pm

qb0987 wrote:
water wrote:I believe the claim that the A.C. will be Jewish is pretty thin, though the claim that the False Prophet will be Jewish is much stronger.

Indeed. Take a look at this article that examines the various justification for the A.C. to be Jewish: http://al-mahdi.atspace.com/jewishantichrist.html
None of them holds up, unfortunately.

Just to clarify, I was quoting a person, that quote is not mine...though I agree with it very much.

water

Re: Witnessing to Muslims

Postby saved2001 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 am

Thank you for this thread, it is very informative.

I am praying for you qb0987, I hope all is well with you.
saved2001

Postby bchandler on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:19 pm

I have been meaning to come back to this thread for quite a while...

I have been doing some studying, and learning with regard to Islam.

Islam has approximately 70 different factions, or denominations...

What we would call moderate Muslims make up a majority of Islam today... Many of these sects do not believe in Military Jihad except in self-defense. They do however, believe in social and spiritual Jihad... In other words they believe in overthrowing nations and claiming them for Islam by gradual social reforms, and by increasing their numbers in a society by birth rate and by immigration in order to take it over.

What is most important to understand about ALL Muslims if you are going to witness to them is the absolute FEAR they live with...

From the time a Muslim child is born and their father whispers the Shahadda (sp?) in their ear, their life is lived by the scales... In order to make it into heaven, they must have done at least 51% good, so their good outweighs their evil...

Very few things can ever erase the scales, or tip them to the good side...

1. A woman's scales can be reset by childbirth...
2. Your scales automatically are weighted as good if you die in an act of martyrdom, in an act of Jihad, in a declared fahtwah (sp?)

It is common for Muslim fathers to ask their children every day, if they did more good than evil in the day...

So this fear of the scales is drilled into them from the time they are born.

Understanding this... you might more easily see what could drive young people with their whole lives ahead of them to become homicide bombers. It is usually an act of pure desperation by a youth who has been convinced that their scales are so far out of whack that only martyrdom can possibly save them.

The scales are also the best way to reach a Muslim for Jesus... bringing them into the deliverance and freedom of Jesus substitutionary atonement, which removes the scales, and covers all sins is key.

Also, It is important to understand that Muslims revere Jesus as a prophet... That being said... then what he said about himself is critical... because you either believe him at his word, as a true prophet of God, or you have to completely disregard him as both a bastard and a complete nut-job... but you can't just give him his props as a true prophet and disregard what he said about who and what he is.

This is a huge problem for Muslims... because if they treat him as a complete whacko, that means that Islam is wrong about his status as a true prophet... But if they retain his prophet-hood then what Jesus says about himself destroys Islam as any from of truth.

These two simple things combined, are what win the majority of Muslim converts to Christianity.

Lastly, Muslims are VERY confrontational about religion... so when you, if you are going to, witness to Muslims, you must be prepared for confrontation, and you must be willing to stand toe-to-toe and match wits with them... It is a social convention... That doesn't mean that you should be aggressive, or rude... just that you can't be a shrinking violet and witness successfully to Muslims... you are going to have to have a personality of a person who really enjoys civil debate, and civil argument...
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:46 pm

So this fear of the scales is drilled into them from the time they are born.

You are absolutely correct about the "fear factor" bchandler. I watched a live debate a couple nights ago that was televised at a local AOG. Representing Christianity was Reza Safa, a converted muslim. He said that for a long time after his conversion, fear gripped his heart that if He was wrong, Allah would send him to hell. It reminded me of the way catholics learn to earn their way to heaven and the fear of not being good enough.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby in2truth on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:10 pm

I got sacked from a job last year because I witnessed to Muslims. They complained, so I got sacked.

After a few weeks of being out of work, I prayed for a born again, spirit filled, on fire for Jesus committed Christian boss who understands me anywhere in Melbourne, 2 days later I received a phone call offering me a job in a suburb that is a 50 minute drive from home. My first day on the job, my boss tells me he is a committed Christian and get this, he said to me 'Jesus is your Lord and master, whatever he says goes, even on the job'.

God uses me frequently on the job and has through me led people to Christ and healed people.

God is so good! Image
in2truth

Postby sheri on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 pm

God is so good!

:a3: :a2:

We must all keep up the good fight!

God Bless You :grin:
SO DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU; DO NOT BE DISMAYED, FOR I AM YOUR GOD. I WILL STREGTHEN YOU AND HELP YOU; I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY RIGHTIOUS RIGHT HAND.
isaiah 41:8-10
sheri
Supporting Member

Postby plalgum on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

I travel to and from work five days a week with a moslem,he is a lovely person.I have been praying for his salvation,and turning to our Lord jesus.When we discuss our Lord he says the usual things that he sees Yeshua as one of the prophets, and that he respects him and that is as far as i gets.At this moment in time the scenario is this,he reads the news paper, and me reading the bible on the train.If he was not with me i would still be reading the bible,because i love to read it,but i feel that i am not making much progress.Is there anyone out there who has been in a similar situation that can give me some advice. :lava:
plalgum

Postby plalgum on Mon May 18, 2009 8:54 am

Looks like its just the Lord And me.
plalgum

Postby kazbo on Mon May 18, 2009 10:04 am

I don't have direct experience with the sort of thing you describe, but the first thing that popped into my head when you wrote that this gentleman "sees Yeshua as one of the prophets, and that he respects him" is the angle that you must either acknowledge that Jesus is who he said he was or see him as a madman. There is no middle ground of "oh, he was a great guy, a wise teacher, I respect him". He claimed he was God. He claimed no one gets to the Father but through him. So either he is God, or a liar, or deluded. And why should anyone respect and follow the teachings of a liar or a madman?

This leads us to another marvelous statement, a staggering claim by Jesus:

"I and the Father are one." [And immediately John adds]

The Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of these do you stone me?" The Jews answered him, "It is not for good work but for blasphemy; because you being a man, make yourself God." {John 10:30-33 RSV}

Many hold that Jesus never claimed to be God, but the Jews clearly understood this to be such a claim and their immediate reaction is to run and find stones (that is what is suggested by the word John uses here), in order to put him to death. They did so because the Law directed that if a man claimed to be God he was a dangerous person; he might influence others to think he was God, so he must be eliminated from society, put to death by stoning. On hearing these words of Jesus, the Jews thought, "Aha, we've got him now. He has made a claim that is so clear we don't even have to wait for the Romans to rule on this. We'll stone him right here in the temple courts and put him to death according to the Law because of what he said."

Notice how Jesus very quietly and unperturbedly forces them to establish the ground of their accusations: "Which of my good works are you stoning me for?" he asks them. But nobody ever stoned anyone for good works -- the Law made no provision for that -- so they hastily clear up that point: "No, no, we're not stoning you for your good works. We don't deny them; they've been good works. We are stoning you because of what you said: "I and the Father are one." That means you are claiming to be God, and that's blasphemy. That's why we are stoning you."

Our Lord responds in a most remarkable way, by quoting the 82nd Psalm:

"Is it not written in your law, 'I said, you are gods'? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came (and scripture cannot be broken)," {John 10:34b-35 RSV}

Notice that point: "Scripture cannot be broken." It can never be wrong. It cannot be set aside. It is not filled with errors. It cannot be broken. This is our Lord's view of the whole Old Testament, the Law, the Prophets and the Writings. It cannot be wrong, therefore if it calls men "gods" they must, in some sense, be gods.

[Scripture says these men are gods, therefore] "do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?" {John 10:36 RSV}

Again, many hold that Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God. Well, mark this in your Bible. This is where he clearly quotes himself as claiming to be the Son of God.

Note the force of his argument. The 82nd Psalm begins,

God has taken his place in the divine council;
In the midst of the gods he holds judgment: {Psa 82:1 RSV}

This psalm deals with the judges of Israel, the human judges who settled disputes -- the Supreme Court, if you like -- of Israel. What the psalm is saying is that these men are acting as agents of God: God is in their midst; the judgment they pronounce is the judgment of God. The psalm clearly calls them "gods." Verse 6 of this Psalm, the verse Jesus quoted, says,

I say, "You are gods,
sons of the Most High, all of you;
nevertheless, you shall die like men,
and fall like any prince." {Psa 82:6-7 RSV}

His argument is, "If men, plain vanilla men just like other men, who serve as judges and do God's work in that way can be called gods without blasphemy -- even the Scriptures do it and they cannot be wrong -- how can you accuse me of blasphemy when I claim to be a Son of God and do the work of God?" Many people think that that is all Jesus meant to claim: That all he is saying is, "I am just like these other men in the Old Testament who were judges. They could be called gods and weren't stoned for blasphemy, why, then, are you stoning me when I say I am a Son of God? The psalm says, 'You are the sons of the Most High,' so why should I be accused of blasphemy for saying the same thing?" Some of the scholars claim this is what Jesus is claiming -- that he is merely a man doing the work of God. But that ignores the words of Jesus here that go far, far beyond that. What he said was, "Do you say of him whom the Father sanctified. (consecrated), and sent into the world...?" That is a claim no mere man can make. He is saying, "I existed before I came to earth. Before I appeared as a man I existed. I came from God. I was sent of God. I was one with God." This, without doubt, is a claim for the sharing of deity. His argument then becomes, "If mere men who do God's work can be called "gods" without blasphemy, how then can you charge one who is one with God and comes from God a blasphemer?"

The other day I was driving with my youngest grandson, Luke, who is four, through a part of Palo Alto where my wife and I first lived when we came here 34 years ago. I said to Luke, "I used to live here on this street a long time ago, before you were born or your mother was born." He looked at me and said, "Where was I then?" I said, "I don't know where you were. Your mother wasn't even born yet. I don't even know where she was." No one can claim to have pre-existed, but Jesus did, and when he makes this claim he is claiming to share the nature of God. This is why the Apostle Paul could declare so clearly, "He is the image of the invisible God," {Col 1:15}. "He is the creator of all things," {cf, Col 1:16}; "and by him all things hold together," {cf, Col 1:17b RSV}. John says the same thing in the opening of this gospel. Clearly our Lord claims oneness with God.

Then he rests it again on the unshakable evidence:

"If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me;" {John 10:37 RSV}

Isn't that amazing? Jesus said, "Do not believe me just because of my words, my claims. If God does not confirm what I say by works then you do not have to believe me."

"but if I do them [the works of God], even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand [the most vital truth in all the universe] that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." {John 10:38 RSV}

What a startling claim! "Either Jesus is a totally mad person, on a par," as C. S. Lewis put it, "with a man who claims to be a poached egg -- out of his mind, uttering meaningless, garbled, rambling, megalomaniacal statements -- or he is telling the truth. And if he is telling the truth he is the most important Being in the universe. He is at the center of everything: He is the center of life, the giver of truth.

kazbo

Postby bchandler on Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 am

The next time he pans Jesus as just a prophet... a good man... ask him, "For what crime was Jesus executed?"

The answer is Blasphemy. But.. In what way did Jesus Blaspheme?

The answer is:

Joh 8:42 Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me.
    Joh 8:43 Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word.
    Joh 8:44 You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it.
    Joh 8:45 And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.
    Joh 8:46 Who of you reproves Me concerning sin? But if I speak truth, why do you not believe Me?
    Joh 8:47 The one who is of God hears the Words of God; for this reason you do not hear, because you are not of God.
    Joh 8:48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, Do we not say well that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?
    Joh 8:49 Jesus answered, I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me.
    Joh 8:50 But I do not seek My glory; there is One who seeks and judges.
    Joh 8:51 Truly, truly, I say to you, If anyone keeps My Word, he will not behold death to the age, never!
    Joh 8:52 Then the Jews said to Him, Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets, and You say, If anyone keeps My Word, he will not taste of death to the age, never!
    Joh 8:53 Are You greater than our father Abraham who died? And the prophets died! Whom do You make Yourself?
    Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, whom you say is your God.
    Joh 8:55 And you have not known Him; but I know Him, And if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be like you, a liar. But I know Him, and I keep His Word.
    Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham leaped for joy that he should see My day, and he saw, and rejoiced.
    Joh 8:57 Then the Jews said to Him, You do not yet have fifty years, and have You seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM!
    Joh 8:59 Because of this, they took up stones that they might throw them on Him. But Jesus was hidden, and went forth out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Mar 14:56 For many falsely testified against Him, but the testimonies were not identical.
    Mar 14:57 And standing up, some falsely testified against Him, saying,
    Mar 14:58 We heard Him saying, I will throw down this temple made with hands, and through three days I will build another not made with hands.
    Mar 14:59 And neither in this was their testimony identical.
    Mar 14:60 And standing in the middle, the high priest questioned Jesus, saying, Do you not answer? Nothing? What do these testify against you?
    Mar 14:61 But He was silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest questioned Him, and said to Him, Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I AM! And you will see the Son of Man sitting off the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of the heaven. Psa. 110:1; Dan. 7:13
    Mar 14:63 And tearing his garments, the high priest said, Why do we still have need of witnesses?
    Mar 14:64 You heard the blasphemy. What does it seem to you? And they all adjudged Him liable, even of death.

Jesus cllearly stated that he had a pre-incarnate existence with God, that he came forth from God, that he came not of his own will but was SENT by God, an that he IS the I AM!

So, either Jesus was a true prophet, and we must believe what he said not only about God, but about himself. Or he was a stark raving lunatic and we must believe NOTHING he said. If Jesus is true, and Mohamed and the quran hold him to be true, then we must believe him. But if we hold him to be a lunatic then we must hold Mohamed to be equally lunatic, false and deceived because he could not discern the lunacy or fallacy of Jesus.

It is a terrible conundrum for an Islamist. Either Jesus is who he said he was, which makes Mohamed to be false. Or Jesus is a lunatic, and Mohamed is false for his own lunacy and for his failure to detect the lunacy and fallacy of Jesus.

Either way, it kicks the legs out from under his theology... which for them is a very frightening thing.

The other area to approach them on is the balances. Muslims live in abject fear that at the end of their lives they will not be 51% righteous or more. So that when their lives are weighed in the balances they will go to hell.

Of course the truth is that even one sin outweighs all the good one could ever possibly do... so we are all condemned... That was why Jesus came in the first place. To remove the balances, and pay the price for us. To cover our sins with his blood and thus to remove them from the scales of judgment against us, so that on the day we stand in judgment we may be judged 100% righteous... Just as Jesus was.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Return to How to Witness to Various cults and sects