homosexuals

Share ways to witness to JW, Mormons, Scientology, and other cults and sects.

homosexuals

Postby lesjay on Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

how do I witness to a homosexual that I work with? He is very anti-christian, calls us hippocrites because we are "judging" him when we shouldn't.
lesjay
Supporting Member

Re: homosexuals

Postby member x on Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 am

lesjay wrote:how do I witness to a homosexual that I work with? He is very anti-christian, calls us hippocrites because we are "judging" him when we shouldn't.

i think the most important thing first, is to let your light shine. always be kind and helpful. show an unconditional love.

what conversation have you already had with him?
member x
Supporting Member

Postby Ibelieve on Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 am

I would start with correcting his misconception that judging a homosexual is hypocritical. Most misunderstand or take the verse out of context. There is a good thread on here about that verse that straightened me up & really helped me share with people their misunderstanding about judging.

You are not a homosexual. So, you telling one it is wrong, is not hypocritical.
You might also have to point out that many these days, claim to be Christians & do indeed live hypocritically. But, that should not be his view on all of us. Some of us, do live out our lives as we share with others that they should.

I'll go looking for that thread now for you. Once, he has been set straight on that. Maybe try to use thewayofthemaster tactics? the only problem i have seen with that are, people who deny the existence of God. You will have to couple thewayofthemaster tactics with some other form of witnessing & proving His existence.

Above all though follow the let your light shine advice, first & foremost.

EDIT... i am sorry but I can't find the thread I was referring to.
Last edited by Ibelieve on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibelieve

Postby carchaser on Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 am

Study Psalm 19:7. Read it over and over again.

Thump them with Way of the Master. You can witness to a homosexual, jw, mormon, atheist, muslim, buddhist, hinduist, and false convert the exactly the same way. It only takes about 3 minutes.

www.wayofthemaster.com
www.wayofthemasterradio.com
"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul." Psalm 19:7

carchaser

Postby AndCanItBe on Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 am

To echo member x, I think when people have decided Christians are hypocritical, it's probably because they have been around a hypocritical person. I don't think words speak as loudly to a person with that attitude, as do actions. I'm not advocating saying nothing lest they think you condone their actions, but I would find a way to serve him in some fashion he doesn't expect. Like if his partner happened to be sick or something, bring them a meal. Something like that that will open up the opportunity for the words to flow naturally in the course of a conversation. Just treat them like any other sinner.
Last edited by AndCanItBe on Thu May 31, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndCanItBe

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 am

It's important that they know that you care about them. You can't fake that one. Either you do, or you don't and it will show through in the way that you treat them and in the way that you treat others.

When it all boils down to it, they think that a Christian looks upon their sin as worse than other sins, and for the most part (unfortunately) they are right. Sin is sin in the eyes of God and we are all sinners. It's important to point out that any sin, no matter what it is, will separate an individual from God. The only reconciliation is through Jesus Christ. It's not about which sin a person is guilty of, all sin counts.
Last edited by Salty Skipper on Thu May 31, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Skipper

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu May 31, 2007 11:39 am

P. S. If they accept Jesus, often it takes time for them to leave the homosexual lifestyle. That's something that the Lord works on after the fact instead of before. Once someone accepts Christ, their lives start to change no matter what kind of lifestyle one leads. :grin:
Salty Skipper

Postby member x on Thu May 31, 2007 4:41 pm

Amen AndCanItBe and Salty!

i think there are some fundamentals that you should iron out (with yourself) before you bring it to your co-worker.

above all, make sure anything you do or say is in love. and be sure you have the capacity to love - i can't stress enough to pray that the Lord would provide you His love when interacting with this person. and if you make a mistake of some sort (where your co-worker is a witness)- be sure to own up to it.

when you get more involved in discussions, i would stay away from the argument "i was born that way." i personally think we christians miss this opportunity often - while i don't think science supports their case...sin does. whether or not a person is born that way is not the deal - it's that we can be set free. i could argue that i was born with a disposition to sleep around as much as possible - but being married i also realize it is wrong. i also know that sex before marriage is wrong. so i deny myself and choose to honor God. it's the very reason Jesus died on the cross for us - because we are born into sin and need to be set free.

people tend to misunderstand a loving concern for a judging heart - but that also has a lot to do with many of us christians casting out condemnations. i use this analogy at times - if you saw a blind person walking towards his certain death but didn't know it - would you try to point him in the right direction so that he may be saved - or just let him go on his own path. ultimatly they blind man either needs to accept or reject that he is heading for death, but at least you acted.

you might also want to look up former homosexuals who are now christians. the world doesn't really want us to know about them - because it hurts the 'born that way' stance. dallas clark comes to mind - look him up.

again - it's all going to boil down to how you can show your love. if you prove your love, your audience with your co-worker will be much greater.
member x
Supporting Member

Re: homosexuals

Postby hoshianna on Thu May 31, 2007 5:37 pm

lesjay wrote:how do I witness to a homosexual that I work with? He is very anti-christian, calls us hippocrites because we are "judging" him when we shouldn't.
They've all posted sensible replies to your OP so I think I'll just make a remark. Being gay and bisexual is not a crime; and I respect that COMPLETELY. I also believe what's in the bible. I've also read about Sodom & Gomorrah with Lot. Sometimes people's behavior are different when they feel they are not the majority and/or mainstream. With Lot's Sodom & Gomorrah, they were majority & mainstream and they behaved like the way they did as it was told in the bible. I believe that COMPLETELY.

A grasshopper almost always turns into a locust when they swarm.
hoshianna

Postby lesjay on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:09 pm

I have spoken with this man a few times, he was bringing up the Westboro baptist "God hates ****" people, and I told him that just because you call yourself a christian does not mean that you really represent Christ, and that NOWHERE in the bible does it say that God hates homosexuals. That got his attention. I asked him if he thought being gay was alright in the eyes of God (he used to go to a pentecostal church). He said he knew that he was "backslid", so I reminded him that Jesus was at the door and that we all had sin that we have to answer for, but that God loves him but does not approve of people being gay, he went back to people not suppose to judge... so then I told him that the bible said to judge people righteously and the only way to do that is by God's standards, but then we were interrupted. After we talked he was still smiling at me, talking to me so I guess I didn't make him too angry, but my heart just aches for him because I know what the word says and I want to see him in the kingdom of heaven too. Just pray that I can open my mouth and the love of Christ can come out at all times. I dont want to offend people, but the truth hurts at times and I cant just sit back and not witness to people about the truth of Jesus and that He is coming back very soon.[/u]
lesjay
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:37 pm

I would approach a homosexual the same way as any other sinner.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

See how Jesus proclaimed the "good news."

Matthew 9:35 Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. 36 Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:51 pm

Great verses, Abiding!

Hang in there Lesjay...keep showing you love him, keep praying, and keep witnessing. The Lord is Mighty!
Salty Skipper

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:48 am

Great verses, Abiding!

Hang in there Lesjay...keep showing you love him, keep praying, and keep witnessing.

I agree.

The Lord is Mighty!

:a3:
AndCanItBe

Return to How to Witness to Various cults and sects