US Ambassador to Israel gifted image of 3rd Temple

News about the Temple Mount and/or rebuilding the Jewish Temple.

US Ambassador to Israel gifted image of 3rd Temple

Postby DaveG on Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Last edited by DaveG on Wed May 30, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveG

Re: US Ambassador to Israel gifted image of 3rd Temple

Postby 1whowaits on Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm

What would it take for that to happen? It would be incredible.
1whowaits

Postby Jericho on Wed May 23, 2018 6:01 pm

1whowaits wrote:What would it take for that to happen? It would be incredible.

It seems we live in incredible times. I never thought Trump would actually move the embassy to Jerusalem.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby DaveG on Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm

I believe the peace plan the Trump administration is going to release next month will pave the way for it, and arab nations like Saudi Arabia and their reformed crown prince along with Jared Kushner will be key players in making it happen.
DaveG

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Jared Kushner Laments Destruction of 2nd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/233320
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am

Wow! This is incredible! Very exiting times!!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 am

Can't wait to finally hear the details of this peace deal, they said it would be announced after Ramadan, so after June 16.
But according to this article, the US position on the temple mount hasn't changed, it should remain "as is".
(Although if you ask Jared Kushner he might say otherwise.)

Another article reported that some details of the plan will remain secret until a later date.
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 am

It just seems like this whole thing could rocket into reality at any time!

:clock:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun May 27, 2018 11:45 am

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... s-55386981

5/23/18

US Ambassador to Israel says Trump peace plan months away

David Friedman spoke with Israeli media at the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem on Wednesday. He said the plan will be launched "within months" but had no exact date.

The administration had reportedly aimed to roll out the plan next month.

Friedman told Channel 10 TV Wednesday "It's not finalized ... there's an awful lot of listening going on."

He says: "It's not just the substance but also the timing and the presentation."

Trump has promised to pursue the "ultimate deal" between Israelis and Palestinians
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 am

extravagantchristian wrote:https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-ambassador-israel-trump-peace-plan-months-55386981

5/23/18

US Ambassador to Israel says Trump peace plan months away

David Friedman spoke with Israeli media at the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem on Wednesday. He said the plan will be launched "within months" but had no exact date.

The administration had reportedly aimed to roll out the plan next month.

Friedman told Channel 10 TV Wednesday "It's not finalized ... there's an awful lot of listening going on."

He says: "It's not just the substance but also the timing and the presentation."

Trump has promised to pursue the "ultimate deal" between Israelis and Palestinians

I will concede, this is somewhat upsetting news piece to a watcher....IF......it does all the things scripture says will be done with respect thereto. In that case.....uh.......hmmmm.......time has flown and we've got a wiener......(pardon my corny joke....lol......).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

GodsStudent wrote:I will concede, this is somewhat upsetting news piece to a watcher....IF......it does all the things scripture says will be done with respect thereto. In that case.....uh.......hmmmm.......time has flown and we've got a wiener......(pardon my corny joke....lol......).

We will see GS.....
awhile back I made a post that went like this....

...........................................................................................................................................
Resurrection Torchlight wrote:
WHAT????? Is this legit???

If so this is pretty huge news.
...........................................................................................................................................
RT
If it is legit, then we may have a fake seven year deal in process.
Maybe BO and the Pope will stand at the Dome of the Rock and Brag about how they can all come together and be at Peace...Even With Donald Trump and Putin.

The AOD will be on, and few will know it because all the focus will be on a fake (Decoy)
"seven year deal".
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 11:58 am

Funny thing is, Jared Kushner and Netanyahu stood in Jerusalem (embassy opening), not too far from the dome of the rock, and made a speech about 3 faiths worshipping God together. Muslim, Christian, Jew. All while promoting an upcoming "deal"

Jesus said to "WATCH"
What are we supposed to be watching for? A covenant? A multifaith temple?
This is the closest we've come to seeing prophecy fulfilled ever since Israel became a nation.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Could the new temple be something like this one built in Omaha Nebraska?

https://bedfordnewsjournal.com/65m-tri- ... -in-omaha/

Members of a synagogue, mosque and church in Omaha, Nebraska, will soon be neighbors on a $65 million, 35-acre tri-faith campus in a bid to promote understanding and “a new vision of peace.”

“It‘s a remarkable project, arguably the largest project in interfaith cooperation globally,” the Rev. Bud Heckman, executive director of the , this week. “It‘s very bold and ambitious for the people of Omaha to think big like this and to build something on this scale.”

I know I'm going out on a limb but wouldn't a new interfaith temple be the cherry on top on a mid east peace deal? Bringing all three faiths together on one holy site worshipping God together.

Isn't that what revelation 11 describes?
Jews worshipping in the temple and the court given to the gentiles?

If you haven't seen kushners speech in Jerusalem yet here's the link, it's quite interesting.

https://youtu.be/4AC3bDWhwL8
At 8:30 her starts talking about 3 faiths worshipping in Jerusalem. He says "it's time to try something better"
At 9:35 he says that "Jerusalem must remain a city that brings all faiths together."
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm

shorttribber wrote:
The AOD will be on, and few will know it because all the focus will be on a fake (Decoy)
"seven year deal".

Matthew 24 (NKJV)

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.

So I guess they won't need to worry too much about the freeways getting jammed.

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Did you all watch the speech that I posted?

^^^
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 1:02 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Funny thing is, Jared Kushner and Netanyahu stood in Jerusalem (embassy opening), not too far from the dome of the rock, and made a speech about 3 faiths worshipping God together. Muslim, Christian, Jew. All while promoting an upcoming "deal"

Jesus said to "WATCH"
What are we supposed to be watching for? A covenant? A multifaith temple?
This is the closest we've come to seeing prophecy fulfilled ever since Israel became a nation.

The only thing he said to watch for specifically as to the great tribulation was the AOD, not a temple, or "a peace deal covenant".
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby mark s on Tue May 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Look at who Jesus was speaking to. And upon whom the Great Tribulation would come.

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Yeah Jesus mentioned the AOD, so did Daniel. Daniel also said that the AC would make a covenant for one week.

Jesus also said that there would be false christs doing miracles, wars, famines, earthquakes, he said: "these are the beginningning of sorrows".

He didn't specify if that would come before or after the AOD.

Revelation 11 and Daniel say that there will be a temple and sacrifices.

I don't think that's going to get built after the AOD. There wouldn't be enough time during 42 months, with the seal and bowl destruction going on.

42 months is not the only timeline given for the last days.
There is also: 1,335 days which is about 6.3 years.
A 6.3 year time period could be 7 years cut short (as Jesus promised.)

Not to mention, the 7 year period in ezekiel 39 and 7 year period in Daniel. (One week)
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Tue May 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi EC,

I have every expectation myself that the temple will be built before the AOD.

Of course, there are those who don't think the temple will be an actual building, that somehow Satan will desecrate the church, but I'm not in agreement with that.

Much love,
Mark
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 pm

mark s wrote:Look at who Jesus was speaking to. And upon whom the Great Tribulation would come.

Much love!
Mark

Specifically, about "Watching" and To Who he was speaking ....

The Olivet discourse recorded in Mark answers That exact question mark....

Mark 13
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

So mark, based on what Jesus Plainly Said, Who was He speaking to, and Who did he command to "Watch" AND WHAT to "Watch For?

Was it All...or Just the Jews? I think Jesus was clear, and I will take heed to His Words.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 pm

extravagantchristian wrote: Daniel also said that the AC would make a covenant for one week.

No he didn't....that is a common error EC among modern Christians.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 4:07 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Revelation 11 and Daniel say that there will be a temple and sacrifices.

Rev 11 is symbolic, unless you think that John was commanded to go about measuring how tall, or the waist sizes of the "Worshippers".
extravagantchristian wrote: Revelation 11 and Daniel say that there will be a temple and sacrifices.

Dan. 7, 11, and 12 speak only of the "Daily" not the "Atonement sacrifices"....which is exactly what would be required in a Third Jewish LITERAL Temple.

The word "temple" and "sacrifice" was added to modern bibles in Daniel chapters 7,9,11, and 12, thus promoting the all too common modern errors.
Last edited by shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 4:12 pm

mark s wrote:
shorttribber wrote:
"seven year deal".

Matthew 24 (NKJV)

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.

So I guess they won't need to worry too much about the freeways getting jammed.

Much love!
Mark

The "Few" I'm referring to are the modern dispensationalists, and those to whom the modern dispensationalists have misled by false teaching.

Those that will Flee out of the immediate area will not be misled, they will know the truth....and they Will Flee.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:I know I'm going out on a limb but wouldn't a new interfaith temple be the cherry on top on a mid east peace deal? Bringing all three faiths together on one holy site worshipping God together.

Keeping that idea close in mind, how then would that description of a "temple" fit the following text....

II Thes 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Do you not Know that WE ARE the "Temple of God".

He will be Established (Seated) as AC from AMONG US. An Apostate!

shorttribber

Postby mark s on Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 pm

shorttribber wrote:
The "Few" I'm referring to are the modern dispensationalists, and those to whom the modern dispensationalists have misled by false teaching.

That would be me!

:grin:

Those that will Flee out of the immediate area will not be misled, they will know the truth....and they Will Flee.

Those in Judea. The Jews. The ones. It is the time of Jacob's trouble, but he will be saved out of it. The great tribulation. The Jews. They will be saved out of it. For the sake of the chosen, Jesus will return, and gather them, the chosen, and then He will gather the rest of the nations. The chosen, and the nations.

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby mark s on Tue May 29, 2018 5:16 pm

shorttribber wrote:

I'm sorry, doesn't the Scripture tell us he will be seated IN the temple of God?

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 5:41 pm

mark s wrote:
shorttribber wrote:

I'm sorry, doesn't the Scripture tell us he will be seated IN the temple of God?

Much love!
Mark

That word "IN" is just as easily translated, "Among" mark.

It can be understood in the sense also, as an unbeliever or Fake/Imposter can be Seated in any church today , "Among" any of us in Any True Christian Church.

This is the text that many ancient Christians understood to describe the Pope, or Papacy...as they (the Popes) Claim to them self to Literally Be the Vicar, or Literal embodiment of Christ(God) in the flesh, "Among" us.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Suppose a "Seven Year Peace Deal" is made.....and there is no rapture before that occurs?

What will the average pretribber think?

What scriptures will be most important then to reconsider?

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Shorttribber

Why would the devil go through all the trouble to create a decoy peace deal between Israel and other nations (If he even was able to do such a thing)

Who would he be decieving?

The few Christians who have actually read the book of Daniel and know about prophecy?

And what would be the point?

To make them think that they have 7 more years left when they really only have a few? What would that accomplish?

Perhaps the pretrib teaching will create a lot of confused Christians when the tribe starts and nobody gets raptured. That might be a problem for some people. We do know that a lot will fall away.

As for revelation 11 being symbolic, not everything in revelation is symbolic. Is Jesus going to put his literal foot on the literal mount of olives?

Yes, we are the temple of God. But that's not going to stop israel from rebuilding their temple. Remember, they don't believe the entire bible.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 7:35 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Why would the devil go through all the trouble to create a decoy peace deal between Israel and other nations (If he even was able to do such a thing)Who would he be decieving?

Christians, the Loser especially likes to deceive Christians since non Christians are already deceived.
extravagantchristian wrote:The few Christians who have actually read the book of Daniel and know about prophecy?

Not the few EC ,the Many...Many many...they don't need to have read Daniel at all...no...they have ALL learned it from TV and from every modern pulpit almost.

extravagantchristian wrote:And what would be the point?

To deceive the masses .....masses, and masses of modern Christians...who have been feed a lie.

extravagantchristian wrote:To make them think that they have 7 more years left when they really only have a few? What would that accomplish?

Chaos.
extravagantchristian wrote:Perhaps the pretrib teaching will create a lot of confused Christians when the tribe starts and nobody gets raptured. That might be a problem for some people. We do know that a lot will fall away.

Not just for "Some People"....for Multiple Millions and Millions...the VAST Majority of modern Christians ARE Pretrib.

extravagantchristian wrote:As for revelation 11 being symbolic, not everything in revelation is symbolic.

That's true of course...but we should be able to know the difference by the text. The text is clear, re-read it if necessary. John is told to Measure the Worshipers? For what? Shoe sizes, height and a new suit? sarcasm off now :alrighty:
extravagantchristian wrote:Yes, we are the temple of God. But that's not going to stop israel from rebuilding their temple. Remember, they don't believe the entire bible.

We shall see......no early stone temple will be built...the Real One already is Nearly Finished.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 8:15 pm

So really the point of a decoy deal would be to throw off pretrib Christians, even though they would already be confused as to why they weren't raptured.
And to cause chaos even though there would already be plenty of chaos with the tribulation happening.

How do you account for the 1335 days if the total time line of the last days is just 42 months?
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:So really the point of a decoy deal would be to throw off pretrib Christians, even though they would already be confused as to why they weren't raptured.

Not exactly, although it would truly effect them the most.
The other reason is to cause confusion and chaos among ANY 7 year tribbers...ALL of them are expecting the big "7 year deal".

The Loser does not want the REAL MEANING of Daniel 9 understood (especially verse 27)....Period.

extravagantchristian wrote:And to cause chaos even though there would already be plenty of chaos with the tribulation happening.

Sure...his goal is to cause as much Chaos and Confusion as he is given permission to do...and he's very good at it.

God is not the author of Confusion and Chaos is He?....but he has allowed Willing People or circumstances to do just that.
The Strong Delusion that is coming is coming by God's Allowance of it.

extravagantchristian wrote:How do you account for the 1335 days if the total time line of the last days is just 42 months?

It is a year for a day prophecy that is nearly finished....it began when the Foundation of the Dome of the Rock was laid.... very nearly 1,335 years ago....but the exact year the foundation was laid is not perfectly known..but we are within about 3- 5 years away possibly.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Is there any other time in scripture when a day = a year?
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 8:51 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Is there any other time in scripture when a day = a year?

So many it could take some time to research them all :mrgreen:

This link is a good start...probably the best way to look at all of them at once if you don't lose all your marbles first...it's very lengthy and incredible!

http://www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/index.htm

and if the top link is too lengthy...here's a better portion of that same link that is more directly to the point of "year for a day" Examples ....
http://www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophec ... ciple.html

and of course just as a quick couple here to..

1.Numbers 14:34. The Israelites will wander for 40 years in the wilderness, one year for every day spent by the spies in Canaan.
2.Ezekiel 4:5-6. The prophet Ezekiel is commanded to lie on his left side for 390 days, followed by his right side for 40 days, to symbolize the equivalent number of years of punishment on Israel and Judah respectively.
Last edited by shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 pm

I will check that out but the number I meant to say was 2,300. Which would be 6.3 years. How do u explain that?

Daniel 8:14
And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.

I've wondered if the 2,300 days could start at the beginning of the 70th week covenant, and end when Jesus returns.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:I will check that out but the number I meant to say was 2,300. Which would be 6.3 years. How do u explain that?

And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.

I've wondered if the 2,300 days could start at the beginning of the 70th week covenant, and end when Jesus returns.

I'm convinced that that particular set of days has found at least the Primary fulfillment in Antiochus Epiphanies.

Although you will also find that set (2,3000)as a day for a year also....prophecy is layered often...and has more than one fulfillment. Keep in mind though, there is always a Primary, and other secondary or partials of the same prophecy are often fulfilled.

Bible prophecy is like the Hebrew language...it is as fabric woven together...but is One Cloth, knit together...it has many strands and fibers....many layers.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 9:09 pm

From the website:

(Numbers 14:34) "After the number of the days in which ye spied out the land, even forty days, for every day a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my alienation."

(Ezekiel 4:6) "And again, when thou hast accomplished these, thou shalt lie on thy right side, and shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah: forty days, each day for a year, have I appointed it unto thee." (See, Daniel 9:24-27, "70 weeks," normally understood as "70 weeks of years".)

No, these examples are not proof that when the bible says day it really means year.

It's not the same as Daniel, when it says weeks and it means years.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Ok now I see what you mean, if a week = 7 days then obviously a day would = a year by the same measure.

I still don't agree with you about the temple though.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Ok now I see what you mean, if a week = 7 days then obviously a day would = a year by the same measure.

That's ok...it's just good that you are able to hear these things now.

This is a widely read forum....what I'm trying to do is have as many as possible hear what is not commonly taught.
When the Confusion and Chaos comes, there will be also Many that will have heard a very different opinion.

They, and Christians such as yourself, I believe, will be the ones that can be very helpful to the Lord in that hour to point to the true meaning of certain scriptures that so many have misunderstood.

:hugs:

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 am

shorttribber wrote:
extravagantchristian wrote:Ok now I see what you mean, if a week = 7 days then obviously a day would = a year by the same measure.

That's ok...it's just good that you are able to hear these things now.

This is a widely read forum....what I'm trying to do is have as many as possible hear what is not commonly taught.
When the Confusion and Chaos comes, there will be also Many that will have heard a very different opinion.

They, and Christians such as yourself, I believe, will be the ones that can be very helpful to the Lord in that hour to point to the true meaning of certain scriptures that so many have misunderstood.

Agreed, ST.
I am one of those who would love for the pretrib to be correct, but every time I've studied these scriptures, my understanding and my gut (spirit?) do not see and hear what so many in the pretrib camp see and hear. Like you, I understand that we will be here for the AOD.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 am

extravagantchristian wrote:From the website:

(Numbers 14:34) "After the number of the days in which ye spied out the land, even forty days, for every day a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my alienation."

(Ezekiel 4:6) "And again, when thou hast accomplished these, thou shalt lie on thy right side, and shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah: forty days, each day for a year, have I appointed it unto thee." (See, Daniel 9:24-27, "70 weeks," normally understood as "70 weeks of years".)

No, these examples are not proof that when the bible says day it really means year.

Hi EC,

I absolutely agree with you. That is the sort of thinking that would have us all building big boats. After all, God said "build an ark", because He is sending a flood to destroy everything.

Oh - wait - that was a specific instruction given to a specific person for a specific time, not a general principle we should all be following. Like God telling Ezekiel to lay on his side. Why isn't anyone laying on their side?

So often I find that when you follow someone's theological or ecclesiastical or eschatological argument through to it's completion, there comes a point when they say, Yes, it says that, but it actually means something else.

It says a day, but it means a year, it means a thousand years, it means an epoch, it means something else.

I don't think so. It means what it says. Play fast and loose with Scripture as see what it gets.

How long was Jonah in the fish?

3 years?

How long was Jesus in the grave?

3,000 years?

How long was Pentecost after Firstfruits?

50,000 years?

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby mark s on Wed May 30, 2018 11:34 am

GodsStudent wrote:Agreed, ST.
I am one of those who would love for the pretrib to be correct, but every time I've studied these scriptures, my understanding and my gut (spirit?) do not see and hear what so many in the pretrib camp see and hear. Like you, I understand that we will be here for the AOD.

Hi GS

If you were interested, I would be happy to share with you why I am convinced that the church - us - cannot be here for the AOD, or even before that. I do not use the typical arguments, most of them to me do not hold water. However, I believe there are rather emphatic reasons by which we can know this.

Again, if you are interested.

Much love!
mark
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

mark s wrote:How long was Jonah in the fish?

3 years?

3,000 years?

50,000 years?

Much love!
Mark

Good point there.

I'm on the fence about the day being a year theory in Daniel.
I know God specifically said that a week is a 7 year period.
But He never specifically said that a year can be a day.
He did say that a day is LIKE a thousand years so it's not entirely clear.

Going back to the periods of time given in Daniel,

Shorttribber, you said that something significant happened about 1335 years ago, but did anything significant happen 2,300 years ago? If not then this 2,300 day prophecy could be for the future. And it could mean literal days not years.

I'm defiantly flexible when it comes to the timing of prophecy, we basically know what's going to happen, but figuring out "when" and how it all fits is the mystery.
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Wed May 30, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 12:14 pm

mark s wrote:
extravagantchristian wrote:From the website:

Hi EC,

I absolutely agree with you. That is the sort of thinking that would have us all building big boats. After all, God said "build an ark", because He is sending a flood to destroy everything.

Oh - wait - that was a specific instruction given to a specific person for a specific time, not a general principle we should all be following. Like God telling Ezekiel to lay on his side. Why isn't anyone laying on their side?

So often I find that when you follow someone's theological or ecclesiastical or eschatological argument through to it's completion, there comes a point when they say, Yes, it says that, but it actually means something else.

It says a day, but it means a year, it means a thousand years, it means an epoch, it means something else.

I don't think so. It means what it says. Play fast and loose with Scripture as see what it gets.

How long was Jonah in the fish?

3 years?

3,000 years?

50,000 years?

Much love!
Mark

Keeping those particular arguments in mind....
Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Literal days mark? Has Israel returned to the Lord to Live in His sight? You can believe as you do, and that's ok...but those of us who see things quite differently have very good evidence for it.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 30, 2018 12:39 pm

shorttribber wrote:
extravagantchristian wrote:I will check that out but the number I meant to say was 2,300. Which would be 6.3 years. How do u explain that?

I'm convinced that that particular set of days has found at least the Primary fulfillment in Antiochus Epiphanies.

OK Antiochus Epiphanies has nothing to do with the end times events so there must be a 2,300 day (or year) fulfillment that includes the last days.

Also there is a 7 year period in Ezekiel tied to the last days.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Shorttribber, you said that something significant happened about 1335 years, but did anything significant happen 2,300 years ago? If not then this 2,300 day prophecy could be for the future. And it could mean literal days not years.

I mentioned something about a 2,300 literal day fulfillment regarding Antiochus Epiphanies that I do believe is correct after having a discussion with Mr. B. about it. There is also possibly Another Form or Kind of fulfillment of the same prophecy that may have been Partially fulfilled, AND still has a Partial fulfillment remaining to bring them to completion.

That, other form is admittedly very difficult to explain.
The following link will help explain what I mean...in part...

http://www.peterwallace.org/old/essays/evening.htm

Let me be brief as I can in a general outline of the two kinds of fulfillment of the 2,300 days

First, they are referred to as "Evenings and mornings", Not "Days".....that is best explained in the link above.

as to the basic outline of fulfillment....

1. Antiochus Time of 2,300 actual literal "Day" fulfillment.....(history proves it)

2. 3.5 years = just over Half of the 2,300 EVENINGS (Darkness of the Destruction and Judgment of Jerusalem a 67-70 AD)
In other words....the EVENINGS (Darkness represented Judgment) and the 2,300 days were just Half of the 2,300 days!.....thus making the prophecy Partially or Halfway Fulfilled regarding Another Type of Antichrist(Beside Antiochus) Action against Israel.

3. Last Portion, or finishing Part of the 2,300 Evenings and Mornings, is the "Mornings" Part of the prophecy....and That brother, is still future and I believe will come to ultimate and complete fulfillment During the Great trib....When the following part of prophesies will be fulfilled ......

Daniel 12
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Is 58
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

And when the great trib is conctuded...so will the Final part of the 2,300 Evenings and Mornings prophecy be finished.
Last edited by shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:Also there is a 7 year period in Ezekiel tied to the last days

Yes, it is tied to the last days, but not to occur during the great trib. Why would anyone be burning weapons when they need them for war? They are burned for 7 years AFTER the trib...when there is no need for them...and war is no more.

Seven always speak of Finality...war will be finished for anyone alive on earth after the great trib...they will be burned then for 7 years to show the finality of Earthly Battles and War.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed May 30, 2018 1:13 pm

ST, You've found a very complicated and complex way to explain the 2,300 days.

But for me, the straight forward understanding of the verse seems to be more likely.

"How long will the vision be concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?
And he said to me, for two thousand the hundred days, then the sanctuary shall be cleaned."

The 2300 days will begin when the temple is "given" and end when Jesus returns. 6.3 yrs. Later.

And the way things are going with trump in office the temple building might literally be GIVEN to Israel. Just like the embassy to be located in "Trump Town"

Isaiah 18:7
In that time a present will be brought to the Lord of hosts From a people tall and smooth of skin, And from a people terrible from their beginning onward, A nation powerful and treading down, Whose land the rivers divide— To the place of the name of the Lord of hosts, To Mount Zion.

(Temple mount is on mount zion.)
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Wed May 30, 2018 3:45 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Literal days mark? Has Israel returned to the Lord to Live in His sight? You can believe as you do, and that's ok...but those of us who see things quite differently have very good evidence for it.

Hi Shorttribber,

Show me that evidence.

Show me where in Scripture that every time a day is mentioned, it should be understood as a year.

Or show me where in Scripture that every time a day is mentioned in prophetic passages, it should be understood as a year.

The fact is, you cannot.

Were you to attempt to do so, I'd simply point to those places, including the prophetic, where we can know as a fact that literal actual days were meant.

So then, show me where in Scripture it says, regarding these particular passages upon which you rest so heavily for your doctrine, that a day should be understood as a year.

The fact is, you cannot. It's not there.

So then, show me anything in Scripture that supports your idea that a day should be a year. Jay says 1000 years. The Bible speaks of "days". The evening and the morning were the first day.

Yes, God told Ezekiel to lay a day for a year for Israel's and Judah's iniquity. Isn't that rather specific? Where is the principle? Just a particular place where God instructed a particular man for a particular purpose.

Hosea, wonderful passage, preaches well, as they say, and may well mean exactly what you say. But even were it so, what bearing does this have on Daniel? We can claim the Bible contains parables, and we would be correct. But If we go on to claim that all the Bible is a parable, we are incorrect. Do you see how this is the same thing?

What is true for one place, as stated, does not make it true for another place when it is not so stated.

Show me in Scripture where days equal years, where years equal 1000 years, where days equal 1000's of years, any such.

You keep writing things like:

You can believe as you do, and that's ok...

What does that actually mean?

I believe the Bible. So, I appreciate your permission to believe the Bible.

All I ask is that you show a Scriptural foundation for your assertion. Without that, it remains your assertion, but not supported by Scripture.

You've pointed out that in another place, where there was a specific instruction, days represented years. But in this place, in Daniel, there is no such instruction, so it leaves me with a simple choice to make.

Listen to the Bible, or listen to you.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be blunt, I just don't really know how else to say it. So many people have for so many years read this and claim that. It says this, but it means that.

I don't interpret the Bible that kind of way. That's just me.

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 pm

mark s wrote:shorttribber wrote:Literal days mark? Has Israel returned to the Lord to Live in His sight? You can believe as you do, and that's ok...but those of us who see things quite differently have very good evidence for it.

marks wrote:Hi Shorttribber,Show me that evidence.

I have since I've been on the board mark :mrgreen: if you chose to debate it, that's ok, but I'm not starting over.
mark s wrote:Show me where in Scripture that every time a day is mentioned, it should be understood as a year.

Show me first where I have Ever said, "every time a day is mentioned, it should be understood as a year."

Because I have not Ever said that, you will not find where I have said that.....so I thought I would save you the time of looking :mrgreen:

I have said however, that in Some Cases, or Places it CAN be understood as a Day for a Year prophecy.
I have also said that in some cases there could be BOTH a Day for a year application AND an Actual literal Day application....Two Fold or Double Layered prophecy.

mark s wrote:Or show me where in Scripture that every time a day is mentioned in prophetic passages, it should be understood as a year. The fact is, you cannot.

Correct, I can not because I have never claimed that.
mark s wrote:Were you to attempt to do so, I'd simply point to those places, including the prophetic, where we can know as a fact that literal actual days were meant.

moot point
mark s wrote:Hosea, wonderful passage, preaches well, as they say, and may well mean exactly what you say. But even were it so, what bearing does this have on Daniel? We can claim the Bible contains parables, and we would be correct. But If we go on to claim that all the Bible is a parable, we are incorrect. Do you see how this is the same thing?

It does mean exactly as I am saying. There is no argument from silence in view here...it is plainly written.
Why don't you prove otherwise mark?
What bearing does it have on Daniel? It is prophetic, do you not see the resemblance in that kind of writing?
It is obviously Not a parable mark.
mark s wrote:What is true for one place, as stated, does not make it true for another place when it is not so stated.

Well that's quite convenient to say, but has little merit as far as I'm concerned. I think where it IS clearly stated IN Bible prophecy, we can be sure there are the Same Kinds of Examples to be found in Other Bible prophecy.....spoken by the Same God who changes not.

mark s wrote:Show me in Scripture where days equal years, where years equal 1000 years, where days equal 1000's of years, any such.

I just gave you a very clear example in Hosea, so....
mark s wrote:You keep writing things like: You can believe as you do, and that's ok...

And I would repeat the same thing here....believe as you choose about Hosea...yet it is quite clearly written.
mark s wrote:I believe the Bible. So, I appreciate your permission to believe the Bible.

It's not up to me, I've not given any such permission, nor can I. I have simply acknowledged your liberty to do as you choose.

mark s wrote:All I ask is that you show a Scriptural foundation for your assertion. Without that, it remains your assertion, but not supported by Scripture.

and I have
mark s wrote:You've pointed out that in another place, where there was a specific instruction, days represented years. But in this place, in Daniel, there is no such instruction, so it leaves me with a simple choice to make.

I can't find that kind of instruction in Hosea either.
mark s wrote:Listen to the Bible, or listen to you.

Always listen to the Bible, it could be that I am more in agreement with it though than what you are hearing in it.
mark s wrote:I'm sorry, I don't mean to be blunt, I just don't really know how else to say it. So many people have for so many years read this and claim that. It says this, but it means that.

Blunt is ok with me...that is good debate.....speaking of blunt....
mark s wrote: So many people have for so many years read this and claim that. It says this, but it means that. I don't interpret the Bible that kind of way. That's just me.

Acts 7
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

mark s wrote: It says this, but it means that.

Am I being too blunt?
the truth is.......
Is 66
1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

mark s wrote: So many people have for so many years read this and claim that. It says this, but it means that. I don't interpret the Bible that kind of way. That's just me.

I think you do interpret the Bible that kind of way sometimes mark.....this is blunt...yes....

But you better know, I love you to pieces in Christ dear brother...

shorttribber

Next

Return to Temple Watch