Altar of the Lord Rebuilt in Jerusalem—A Sign of the Times?

News about the Temple Mount and/or rebuilding the Jewish Temple.

Altar of the Lord Rebuilt in Jerusalem—A Sign of the Times?

Postby st louis steve on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:53 pm

A :shock: ltar of the Lord Rebuilt in Jerusalem—A Sign of the Times?
2:00PM EDT 3/17/2015 Jessilyn Justice

The Dome of the Rock, which is known to the Jews as the Temple Mount. The Temple Institute has rebuilt the altar for the Temple of the Lord. The Dome of the Rock, which is known to the Jews as the Temple Mount. The Temple Institute has rebuilt the altar for the Temple of the Lord. (Reuters)
The Temple Institute has rebuilt an altar to the Lord in Jerusalem, and international scholars are marveling at the significance behind it.

As part of the "Temple Movement" in Israel, the altar was inaugurated in December, and reports indicate it could be ready for Passover.

"We know that end-time prophecy cannot be fulfilled without the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem," says New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Cahn. "The abomination desolation prophesied in Daniel and in the Gospels, must take place within the Temple precincts. So, too, the apostle Paul speaks of the 'man of sin,' or the Antichrist, sitting in the Temple of God. What many people don't realize is that along with the Holy of Holies, the altar of the Temple is the most central and critical part of the Temple."
http://www.charismanews.com/world/48772 ... -the-times
st louis steve

Re: Altar of the Lord Rebuilt in Jerusalem—A Sign of the Times?

Postby st louis steve on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:54 pm

The Third Temple

When will it be built?

by Dr. David R. Reagan http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_jews10.php
st louis steve

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 pm

yep...right there at the Dome of the Rock....what a shock....the Chaos is very near.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Straightshot on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

My comment

There will not be a temple of the Lord's on the mount during the coming tribulation period .... same as the the 70th week decreed for Israel [Jeremiah 30] [Revelation 11:2] .... the mount is "without" the Lord's temple

The Lord's temple presented to be measures in chapter 11 is here [Revelation 11:1] .... His temple in heaven, and those that worship therein are the pre-tribulation church [Revelation 4:4; 5:1-10; 7:9-17; 12:12; 13:6; 17:14; 19:1-9; 19:14; 20:4 [those on thrones]]

The temple that Satan's antichrist will sit in during the is already on the mount today .... the Muslim dome of the Rock [2 Thessalonians 2:8-12]

Paul understood the relationship between a pagan temple and the related "god" .... so the Muslim "antichrist" will sit in the temple of his "god" Allah

The fact is that this pagan crescent moon "god" of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians of Mohammed's choice does not even exist .... but just a cover for Satan himself

David Reagan and Bill Salus are reformation theologists that teach a Euro-centric "antichrist" which is not a biblical concept, but one of speculation .... many believe this today

The Bible prophets tell otherwise with the backdrop of a Middle Eastern culture including a Muslim "antichrist"
Straightshot

Postby Exit40 on Fri May 01, 2015 6:45 am

There is a temple built for the Lord which stands today, but has been converted to a mosque, and at the end of the Ottoman empire was converted into a museum. There is speculation in Turkey it may be converted back to a mosque for purposes of worship, at least in part. It is the Hagia Sophia. I believe it is possible for this to be the temple the AC sits in. The Dome of the Rock is not a temple per se, but a shrine, but it seems to be the most likely site for the desolations, as on the walls there is written the most antichrist statements, denying the deity of our Lord Jesus. RE the 'image' of the beast that speaks, technology exists today for a hologram that can be projected into a location that is in fact a live presentation. A number of ME politicians have used this tech already, Turkey's Erdogan and I believe Al Thani of Qatar.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby david on Sat May 09, 2015 11:10 pm

As far as I know the idea for a third temple comes from this passage:

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

From what I can tell the Greek word used for temple in the passage above is "nah-os'". This is a reference to a temple in general.

naos
nah-os'
From a primary word ναίω naiō (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple: - shrine, temple. Compare G2411.

When Jesus or the disciples speak of the Herodian Temple they specifically use the term "hee-er-on'".

hieron
hee-er-on'
Neuter of G2413; a sacred place, that is, the entire precincts (whereas G3485 denotes the central sanctuary itself) of the Temple (at Jerusalem or elsewhere): - temple.

The body is also considered a temple, "nah-os"'.

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

There is a better case for the presentation of incarnate evil to manifest in a body rather than a 3rd temple. Technically it could appear in any temple of "Theos". I also think the Mosque on the temple mount is a good possibility. I remember Jesus saying there would not be one stone left upon another. I don't remember Him or anyone saying those stones would be put back.
david

Return to Temple Watch