The Covenant Movement in Israel

News about the Temple Mount and/or rebuilding the Jewish Temple.

The Covenant Movement in Israel

Postby Sunny on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 am

Wasn't sure where to post this...

This article is from January 2013, so it's a bit outdated. But I found it VERY disturbing that someone was running for an Israeli political office, stating that God told him to run -- and why:

“Nine years ago, the Holy One, Blessed is He, sent me to redeem His people, Israel, from years of slavery and persecution at the hands of Israel’s governments,” an earnest man then told viewers.

That man is Ofer Lifshitz, a former secular kibbutznik who says he experienced a divine revelation in 2004, and has been running for Knesset ever since. And, he told Arutz Sheva, his ads are completely serious.

“G-d sent me to redeem His people Israel,” he said. “I’m not the messiah, just a messenger.” He described his March 2004 revelation as “like Moshe [Moses] and the burning bush. For me it was an inner fire.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/ ... UctwVf-Lrc
Sunny

Re: The Covenant Movement in Israel

Postby SueAnn on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm

This is the political party that he heads:

Brit Olam (Hebrew: ברית עולם‎, lit. World Alliance or Eternal Covenant) is a political party in Israel

[edit] Background and ideologyBrit Olam is joint Jewish–Arab party founded by Ofer Lifschitz in 2005. It stands for the foundation of a Palestinan state, separation of church and state, raising the minimum wage and improving the education system. It also aims to improve relations between Jews and Israeli Arabs and emphasises the need for social justice and cohesion

Interesting
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Return to Temple Watch