EU Reform Treaty

This forum is for questions about Europe and the European Union. The questions are for Farmer only. One poster per thread please.

EU Reform Treaty

Postby Hanani45 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:36 am

Hey Bjorn,

Hope you and yours are doing well. Haven't asked you a question in a little while, but I thought I'd get your take on this...

If you had to estimate, how long do you think it will take for the EU to come to a consensus on the reform treaty? Do you see this as a pivotal step in bringing the EU under one yoke, or is it perhaps a clever distraction that will take years to get ratified?

Also, do European commentators ever note the fact that the EU seems to be in a hurry to accomplish most things they come up with? I'm wondering if anyone outside our prophecy-watching community notices that they seem to be on a hidden and complex time-frame.

As always your insight is greatly valued,
God bless you brother!
Hanani45

Postby farmer on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:36 am

Hey Hanani!
I'll come back on this one...so long this:

[img]http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressData/Pics/photoGLR50/{35731716-8F85-455A-8231-98C1FE67A932}.jpg[/img]
Family photo of the informal meeting of Ministers of Defence in Evora (Portugal), www.eu2007.pt
farmer

Postby farmer on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 am

Dear Hanani!

If you had to estimate, how long do you think it will take for the EU to come to a consensus on the reform treaty?

Now the treaty is done and it has been sent to the IGC(Intergov. Conf) for the final text, so I guess they will not change the text in its basics very much. They will try to have it adopted by the Member countries until 2009.

Do you see this as a pivotal step in bringing the EU under one yoke, or is it perhaps a clever distraction that will take years to get ratified?

I think they will keep on the timetable until 2009,
by ratifying without asking the population of their countries,
or with populistic actions like the launching of the European CFR was one.

Also, do European commentators ever note the fact that the EU seems to be in a hurry to accomplish most things they come up with?

No, not at all.

I'm wondering if anyone outside our prophecy-watching community notices that they seem to be on a hidden and complex time-frame.

maybe in the next years they will show more and more of this time frame and try to explain it for the population in their myth-version.

Thanks for your question!
God Bless You too!
Björn
farmer

Postby Hanani45 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:21 am

Thanks so much Bjorn,

Keep well brother,
Blessings
Hanani45

Postby farmer on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:15 pm

2007oct 17:
"Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis on Tuesday chaired a meeting of the Inner Cabinet focusing on foreign policy issues, especially the reform treaty for creating a European Union Constitution.
After the meeting, Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis said she had briefed the Cabinet in detail on the progress made on the Reform Treaty, saying the issue was "heading for a happy ending".
She predicted that many months of work leading to the Reform Treaty would be approved by EU leaders at the upcoming informal summit in Lisbon, saying that it would allow Europe to turn a new page with the treaty in force.
"We hope that this will happen before the end of the year, so that 2008 will be the year for the ratification of the new European Reform Treaty and the start of this new page, which will essentially be completed with the European elections of 2009,"
the minister said.

http://www.ana.gr/anaweb/user/showplain ... &service=6
Questions about Europe and the European Union?
Don't hesitate to ask me here at FP: "Ask Björn (Farmer)"
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=52
farmer

Return to Ask Björn (Farmer)