Page 1 of 1

Euphrates river

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:20 am
by Truthinlove
Euphrates river is drying up
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/world ... ver&st=cse

My 1st thought was wow, this is end time prophecy before our eyes.
However, how does it fit in?
Rev. 16:12 "Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that they way of the kings from the east might be prepared."

:humm: We aren't in the 6th bowl judgment....not even close. Thoughts?

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am
by plalgum
No we arent in that judgement phase,but it shows how easy it will be to come to pass.

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:58 am
by Spreading Salt
The shrinking of the Euphrates, a river so crucial to the birth of civilization that the Book of Revelation prophesied its drying up as a sign of the end times,


Interesting that this was put in the article.

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:40 am
by Truthinlove
plalgum wrote:No we arent in that judgement phase,but it shows how easy it will be to come to pass.


But, it would be easy for God even if the river was full. :grin:

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:41 am
by Truthinlove
Spreading Salt wrote:
The shrinking of the Euphrates, a river so crucial to the birth of civilization that the Book of Revelation prophesied its drying up as a sign of the end times,


Interesting that this was put in the article.


Especially from the NY Times!!! :eek:

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:43 am
by Truthinlove
Ok friends.....

So, does this current event indicate to you that we are indeed very close to the 70th week??

Or, is this insignificant? Could it take 50 more years before it dries up via the 6th bowl?

I found this to be very interesting and to me it seems yet another sign that we are getting pretty close. No?

Re: Euphrates river

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:52 am
by wkc
Truthinlove wrote:Ok friends.....

So, does this current event indicate to you that we are indeed very close to the 70th week??

Or, is this insignificant? Could it take 50 more years before it dries up via the 6th bowl?

I found this to be very interesting and to me it seems yet another sign that we are getting pretty close. No?


I agree with you TL, I believe it is significant, whether it drys up completely or not at this present time, it is a precursor to the events that are forthcoming. Why do we think that when God drys it up it has to be there one day and gone the next.

In His infinite mercy, these things provide people with a blush of what is to come. Is He not calling men to repentance?

Blessings,

wkc