Excellent New Prewrath Novel!

No opposing arguments allowed

Excellent New Prewrath Novel!

Postby prewrathpatty on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 am

Kristen Wisen, the daughter of Robert VanKampen (The Sign) has written an excellent novel on the second coming.

Below is a link to listen to a Pastor raving about the book.

http://scrantonrevivalbaptist.org/ra/4-13-08school.MP3

This is the homepage of the author:

http://www.kristenwisen.com/

Enjoy and God Bless!
prewrathpatty

Postby Tevye on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello Patty,
have you read it yet?
Is it like the Fourth Reich
by her father?

Tevye
Tevye

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:54 pm

I ordered it this afternoon. I'll provide a review when I've read it.

- Jeff
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby crmann on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:21 pm

I ordered it this afternoon. I'll provide a review when I've read it.

I anxiously wait to hear your review.
crmann

Postby prewrathpatty on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:12 am

Hello Patty,
have you read it yet?
Is it like the Fourth Reich
by her father?

Tevye

I am more than half way through and I can tell you it is a real page turner! I have broken out in goose flesh many times while reading. I would have had it finished by now but a pesky little thing called "my job" is getting in the way .. hee hee .. I can't put it down!

It takes you to that place in your mind and emotions where you know one day we believers will actually be: facing the unfathomable.

I highly recommend it!

I should be done with it tonight so I will write more tomorrow!
Fasten your seat belt and God Bless!
prewrathpatty

Postby prewrathpatty on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:40 am

I have finished reading "The Appearing" and it was excellent. My favorite part was the appearing .. :grin: ( I cried like a baby at the end!)

We all think about the end times and usually it is in vague generalities. This novel takes you inside the life of a specific church and inside the heads of different people inside the church. From true believers who go into hiding by faith before it gets really bad, to church people who wait and then must flee for their lives, to members that let themselves be deceived, twisting scripture to justify themselves and then turn on each other.

It is frightening and eye-opening and exciting and thought provoking.

A Thumbs up for me!
prewrathpatty

Postby crmann on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 am

I have finished reading "The Appearing" and it was excellent. My favorite part was the appearing .. Very Happy ( I cried like a baby at the end!)

We all think about the end times and usually it is in vague generalities. This novel takes you inside the life of a specific church and inside the heads of different people inside the church. From true believers who go into hiding by faith before it gets really bad, to church people who wait and then must flee for their lives, to members that let themselves be deceived, twisting scripture to justify themselves and then turn on each other.

It is frightening and eye-opening and exciting and thought provoking.

Thanks, Prewrathpatty.... I will now put this on my to get list. I also would like to cry...

YBIC,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby prewrathpatty on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks, Prewrathpatty.... I will now put this on my to get list. I also would like to cry...

:cry:

Let the waterworks begin .. Also, expect goosebumps .. :grin:
prewrathpatty

Postby Tevye on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Hello prewrathpatty,
I just received a copy
and look forward to the story.

The inside front cover/leaf page is interesting.
Tevye

Postby Soul'dOut4God on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:42 am

prewrathpatty,

I read Kristen's book and loved it, and have passed it along to another friend of mine. Thank you so much for the recommendation.
Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Soul'dOut4God

Postby jgilberAZ on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 am

I said I'd give my review, so I guess I should stick to that.

I found the book to be a pretty good read, but I had a hard time accepting some of the assumptions in it concerning the identity of the antichrist and the method by which he persecutes the saints. I can't say much more than that without giving away part of the plot.

Overall, I'd rate it 6.5 out of 10.
Obviously, I was somewhat disappointed.

I ordered Charles Cooper's new book yesterday: God's Elect and the Great Tribulation

I'll post a review of it, too, after I've read it.

- Jeff
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby crmann on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 am

JgilberAZ wrote:

I said I'd give my review, so I guess I should stick to that.

I found the book to be a pretty good read, but I had a hard time accepting some of the assumptions in it concerning the identity of the antichrist and the method by which he persecutes the saints. I can't say much more than that without giving away part of the plot.

Thanks, JgilberAZ for your review...

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby jgilberAZ on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Just wondering ... would it be worthwhile to have a place on this forum for book reviews? I'm reading Andrew Murray's book Humility. So far, it's an excellent book. It might be nice to have a place where we can post reviews of books we read. Just a thought.
jgilberAZ

Postby crmann on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Just wondering ... would it be worthwhile to have a place on this forum for book reviews? I'm reading Andrew Murray's book Humility. So far, it's an excellent book. It might be nice to have a place where we can post reviews of books we read. Just a thought.

We do... go to "Links and Book Share"....

Looking forward to reading about Andrew Murray's book....

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby jgilberAZ on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks for pointing me to that.

:grin:
jgilberAZ

Postby crmann on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks for pointing me to that.

You're welcome!
crmann

Re: Excellent New Prewrath Novel!

Postby Stillwatch on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm glad I heard about this book. I've been to the author's website and it looks good. I actually managed to find a copy to order and I hadn't expected it to even be shipped for one or two weeks. It was shipped today! Looking forward to reading it. :grin:
Stillwatch

Postby Truthinlove on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm currently reading "The Appearing" and liking it so far. I have found 2 errors though so far where she wrote the wrong characters name in certain scenarios. :oops:
I want to keep reading it though and not go to bed :lol:
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOljzwNVGNY
http://www.giannajessen.com/
Truthinlove

Postby Truthinlove on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 am

Ok, I just finished "The Appearing". I did like it.

I have a question for you all though.

The church members in hiding were faithful and part of the church of Philadelphia and thus were supernaturally protected. That, I get.

However, Dan who was the head of that church was also very faithful. Why wasn't he part of the protected Philadelphia church. I don't understand. Why did he die? If he was faithful (Philadelphia) why wasn't he protected?
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
Truthinlove

Postby Truthinlove on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 pm

:boink: anyone out there?? :lol:
Truthinlove

Postby nike on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:45 am

Truthinlove,

I sent you a pm, but when I look at my outbox it says (1). It also says that I sent it yesterday, so I am not sure if you need to open it and then it will disappear from my outbox or if I have done something wrong. I will try to send it again, so you might get the same one twice...but will you check your messages?

nike
nike

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:25 am

nike wrote:Truthinlove,

I sent you a pm, but when I look at my outbox it says (1). It also says that I sent it yesterday, so I am not sure if you need to open it and then it will disappear from my outbox

This is correct, nike. It will remain in your outbox until it is read by Truthinlove. After that, it will appear in your "sent" folder.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby WallDoctor on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:09 pm

nike wrote:Truthinlove,

I sent you a pm
nike

I PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!! This should not be allowed. If a question is asked publicly which gets the publics interest peaked, you must give at least some sort of public reply!!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Why wasn't Philadelphia Dan protected??? Does he get counted amongst the martyrs of the 5th seal?
WallDoctor

Postby nike on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Truthinlove,

I sent you a second pm... :wink:

Walldoctor - quit being a pest! You read the book, what do you think? :grin:

nike
nike

Postby WallDoctor on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 pm

nike wrote:Walldoctor - quit being a pest! You read the book, what do you think? :grin:
nike

I thought Dan's death was a very powerful scene with a fantastic allusion to Stephens ministry and martyrdom in Acts.

I really enjoyed the book. I especially liked how the The Appearing showed the slow hardening of heart of those who took the Mark of the Beast. That was a great illustration. I think of the two novels, The Appearing overly simplified the confusion and unpreparedness of true believers and I was glad that in The Overcomers, that was fleshed out better.

I wonder if the true dilemma in the church isn't going to to be not knowing we are in the end times, but knowing what we are supposed to do as Christians. I've talked to Slick and he believes there is nothing we can do. If he is correct, then there is nothing we can do except prepare our families and ourselves to stand faithful as the Tsunami wipes us out.

If he's right, then it really doesn't matter what our end times perspective is. God's faithful will stand in the face of persecution whether they are prewrath or pretrib.

Unless there is something we are to do and at that point, I really don't see what. I almost wonder if our pastors will instead of saying, "It's time to hide!!" will be saying, "Remain strong and keep the faith." I wonder if as it becomes clear that we are in the final months before severe persecution begins that we will not be hearing of some awesome hideout but instead be hearing sermons from some earlier passages of Daniel:

"“O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”

Wow, I just read what I wrote and that's very melancholy. But GREAT book series. I really enjoyed it and took away some great lessons.

WallDoctor
WallDoctor

Postby nike on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 pm

I disagree with Slick to a certain extent because I don't think Jesus would give us a sign to look for and an action associated with it, if we weren't supposed to respond. (He and I have had that talk as well.) The characters in the book were over-prepared but in the end they still needed God's supernatural protection. The point was to make people think about their own preparations, spiritually as well as physically. I don't know of anyone with a prepared bunker, but I don't think it is wrong to have preparations in place, though I doubt how successful they will be without God's intervention.

I think the danger in not understanding that we will be here for the great tribulation is the confusion and doubt that will come when someone who thinks they should be gone are still here...you know what I am saying...I don't think being pretrib means you will take the mark, but I do think you will be less likely prepared mentally, spiritually or physically if you honestly believe you are going to be gone. Bottom line...if I am killed for the sake of Christ it is an honor. If I survive, only by the grace of God, to see His return from earth's perspective, that as well would be an honor. Either way it's a win-win!

How cool would it be to see His return from earth? I just can't imagine what we'd have to go through to get to that point...For that matter, it would be pretty awesome to come from the other direction as well...see what I mean? Win-win! :itsgood:
nike

Postby WallDoctor on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 pm

I appreciate that perspective. It will be a win win. I really do fear starvation, torture and pain though. Also the thought of having absolutely no money, no means to provide, trying to escape through a land that will be ravaged by famine, and with those seeking my destruction with young children in tow. I'm going to need a very miraculous provision from God to get through that!!! 3 1/2 years is not a long time unless you are forced to fast.

WallDoctor
WallDoctor

Postby nike on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 am

Manna...ravens...unending bottle of oil...He has provided in the past and He can do it again...the OT is a great place to hang out in...
nike

Postby Truthinlove on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

nike wrote:Bottom line...if I am killed for the sake of Christ it is an honor. If I survive, only by the grace of God, to see His return from earth's perspective, that as well would be an honor. Either way it's a win-win!

How cool would it be to see His return from earth? I just can't imagine what we'd have to go through to get to that point

I wish I "felt" that way..."win-win" whether my head is cut off or I survive. I KNOW it would be a win because I would immediately be with Jesus, but I too, fear torture more than anything, but also being hunted down and have my head chopped completely freaks me out! I know I shouldn't fear death, to die it gain, however it is the manner in which I may die that I fear.
Truthinlove

Postby WallDoctor on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Glad to hear I'm not alone!!! :) I can't imagine any trial greater for me. Probably should not write that down though. Big Brother is even now recording these notes to pass them on to the Antichrist when he is revealed. I should probably say something like I have a high tolerance for pain and torture is not the way to test me and that if they want me to fall away from the faith it will be with large amounts of raspberry cheesecake.
WallDoctor

Postby nike on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 am

WallDoctor wrote: I should probably say something like I have a high tolerance for pain and torture is not the way to test me and that if they want me to fall away from the faith it will be with large amounts of raspberry cheesecake.

:laugh:
nike

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 am

:lol:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Pre-wrath view only