Babylon Bee Satire

A place just for fun.

Babylon Bee Satire

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 am

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Adam Ford's "Babylon Bee" website, but he does some very funny satire.

The Washington Post has a good article describing the author, Adam Ford's, background and how he came to write the Babylon Bee for his health:

Running the site has given Ford a second chance at sharing his faith. He once dreamed of being a pastor, but that plan was derailed when he began suffering panic attacks about five years ago. The first one was so severe that Ford thought he was having a heart attack and almost crashed his car.

The panic attacks were followed by clinical depression. “Pre-anxiety-depression-me wanted to be a preacher,” he wrote on his Web comic. “Now the idea of leading a small Bible study is enough to make me lose sleep and/or be violently ill and/or die.”

His illness left him feeling introverted and isolated. So he turned to writing as way to share both his experience and his faith.

That faith, and medication, have kept him going.

You can read more of that article here:: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... 2e0cdae25d

If you need a good laugh from time to time, check out the Babylon Bee at: http://babylonbee.com/

One that's particularly funny has this headline: "Church Honors Birth Of Jesus By Canceling Worship Service" :mrgreen:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Babylon Bee Satire

Postby SueAnn on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Amazing coincidence. A few days ago I read an article from Babylon Bee. I had never heard of "her" before. It was hysterically funny. Now I can't find it.

This man is very gifted. I believe he has found his ministry. It's just not the one he had originally planned for himself.

"A merry heart doeth good, like a medicine."

Thanks for posting, Abiding.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Re: Babylon Bee Satire

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:30 pm

SueAnn, I saw the site referenced somewhere and started to read. I don't remember which now, but I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Some are funnier than others, but he does seem to have a talent for satire that's for sure.

Yes, a merry heart is a good thing....especially in today's political environment. Glad you find the site refreshing as well.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Believer's Playground