Question about the future of this website.

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Question about the future of this website.

Postby eschologizer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Dear Holly,

I would like to first and foremost thank you for continuing the work of this website after Herb's passing. You have done an excellent job.

One thing I would like to ask about. Most theologians that I have read about the end times seemed to imply that the 1260 days/42 months of Revelation is inclusive in the 70th week. (Or let's just say I have not heard anyone say any differently).

This is the case because Daniel 9:24 outlines the conditions for the conclusion of the 70 weeks.

24 "Seventy 'sevens' [a] are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish [b] transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. [c]

Of course, these apply to the city of Jerusalem and the Jews, not necessarily the world at large, because even after the 7th trumpet sounds and the kingdom of the world becomes Christ's kingdom, the beast is still present and has a strong following.

I would seem to get the idea that the end of the 70 weeks and "end to sin" and "everlasting righteousness" is somehow related to the verses of Zechariah 13 as well.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zechariah+13&version=NIV

Also, we are aware of some very evil things that will be going on, such as the trampling of Jerusalem for 42 months, the protection of the Jews in the desert from Satan for 1260 days, and the rule of the beast over the world for 42 months. These seem to me to be incompatible with the conditions listed in Daniel 9:24.

However, unfortunately, as of sometime this past day, depending on when starts counting, there is no longer 1260 days left in the ENPI. Starting tomorrow at midnight (or 3 hours ago in Jerusalem time), there is 1259 days left until the end of the ENPI.

Because counting backwards to the end until the 20th/21st gives 1260 days, many people have stated on the board that they will give up the theory if that day were to come, because there was simply not enough time left in the 70th week as we understood it, for the other Revelation events relating to 42 months/1260 days to occur.

It is with great sadness and confusion that I do this, as I have been a very passionate advocate of this theory, with my own website and youtube videos, but I too now concede its apparent failure. By that, I mean that for advocacy purposes, I myself will no longer have a reason to tell this theory to others, or to live in a manner assuming it is true, because I do not think it holds water theologically anymore, as sad and disillusioned as I am to say it.

That is not to say that God can't surprise us, or that He can't move this theory forward somehow. The first coming of Christ was fraught with surprises. However, in light of the timing issue, I can see no way forward.

I would like to say I greatly respect you and Adam for continuing in the ministry and work of your father Herb. I will always admire the watchmanship that is associated with the birth and growth of this website. And I will always believe, that reporting the news as it came, is the right thing to do, no matter what it says. I admire how this theory has stuck with "just the facts, maam" philosophy. I will always respect the work that Herb, you and Adam, did here and I do not think at all that advocating this theory was in any way in error. The events happened exactly as the Scripture said, and this site reported them as they came, in fulfillment of Christ's command to watch. For this I will always be grateful.

In light of these considerations, what is the future of this website? I realize some are considering alternative timing approaches. I personally cannot accept them at the time being. However, I could be missing them. What is the stance that this website will take on prophecy, the European Union, etc.?

Your time elaborating on this issue is greatly appreciated. I would also like to re-iterate my support for you and your fathers work on this website and this theory. I sincerely believe, even in hindsight, that it was exactly the right thing to do. I commend your watchfulness in light of everything and will always have great respect for it.

Love in Christ,

Eschologizer
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer

Re: Question about the future of this website.

Postby Holly on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Dear Eschologizer,

You ask very good questions, and I know many others are wondering the same things you are. I'm currently working on a post that will hopefully address all your questions. Please bear with me until I'm able to publish it.

I very much appreciate your encouraging words.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Re: Question about the future of this website.

Postby eschologizer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Holly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to consider and elaborate on these issues.

Thanks,

Eschologizer
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer

Return to Ask Holly