Recommendation 666

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Recommendation 666

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Holly,

I was pondering the "Emergency Powers" that Recommendation 666 gives the High Representative. I find this highly unusual; in that what other Foreign Minister needs that sort of power? It would seem most appropriate that "Emergency Powers" would be granted to the EU President.

Perhaps I'm just not understanding the power that the High Representative has; and/or that Position's relationship to Foreign Minister; which could lead to him invoking this highly unusual authorization of power for that particular position.

So my question is..... how does the "Emergency Powers" that Recommendation 666 gives to the High Representative (Foreign Minister) - relate to his significance?
Mr Baldy

Re: Recommendation 666

Postby Holly on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 am

Mr. Baldy,

WEU Assembly Recommendation 666 was a recommendation the WEU Assembly gave to the WEU Council. The WEU Council adopted the recommendation and sent it to the EU as a directive that the EU acted upon. The WEU Assembly document recommended that the WEU secretary-general (Solana) and the CFSP High Representative (also Solana) preside over the Political and Security Committee and civilian-crisis management machinery and that he be given powers to convene the Council of the EU in the event of an emergency. (You are correct, these are powers that even the EU president doesn’t have.)

As you are aware, the document that initially created Solana’s office of high representative was also numbered 666. So, we have two documents –- one pertaining to the creation of his office and another one giving him increased powers –- that are both numbered 666. When you consider these two documents in light of all my father’s other research, their numbering appears to be more than coincidental –- signs alerting us to pay attention to this particular office.

If this doesn’t answer your question, let me know and I will try to be clearer.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Re: Recommendation 666

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Holly,

Thanks for your response.

I find all the information concerning Javier Solana very intriguing.

In reading your response, you mentioned that Recommendation 666; which was given by the WEU Assembly to the WEU Council was to support or give; both the Secretary General and the CSFP High Representative - (Which amazingly is one person); powers to convene and preside over the Political & Security Committee in the event of an Emergency.

If I'm not mistaken, once the seat which was created by Document 666 - Javier Solana himself created Recommendation 666 to have these "emergency powers".

In light of all the hype about Javier Solana retiring; I just find it totally unbelievable that a man holding this much power will simply call it quits. I really believe that he is using a ruse - in order to obtain his ultimate goal.

Forgive me if I appear to be rattling on...however; I'm just simply trying to put all this together. In my initial question to you, I was asking about Recommendation 666, in order to understand where we might be as it relates to the end time, and return of our Lord.

You have indeed answered my question....

I believe that Recommendation 666 could possibly explain Revelation 17:12-13; in that the 10 kings (WEU) - which have no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. They convene having one mind and give their power and strength to the beast - thus invoking Recommendation 666; which will have to be necessary in crisis situation, and maybe even explain why the Mark of the Beast will be necessary.

You may have a different outlook, as may others, but again thank you for your response!
Mr Baldy

Return to Ask Holly