PREDESTINATION THREAD

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

PREDESTINATION THREAD

Postby joyfulchild on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm

HOLLY
WHATS GOING ON HERE?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47223

CALVINISM AND PREDESTINATION. ARENT THESE APOSTACY? I AM UNSURE HERE. CAN YOU LET ME KNOW? YOU USED TO HAVE A ALPHABETISED THING ON THE FROUNT PAGE WHERE ONE COULD LOOK THIS STUFF UP. YOU REMOVED IT IM GUESSING. THATS A SHAME IT WAS REALLY GOOD. ANYWAY ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED SIS.
THANKS ALOT
MEL
joyfulchild

Re: PREDESTINATION THREAD

Postby Holly on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Mel, I'm sorry for the late reply. I just saw your question.

You asked if Calvinism and predestination are forms of apostasy. The short answer is no. Some doctrines are essential, like belief in the deity of Christ, the Trinity, salvation by grace through faith, etc. Other doctrines -- such as how God's foreknowledge and man's freewill fit together -- are non-essential. This means that true believers in Christ can disagree on these issues. That doesn't mean they're not important; it just means that you can hold to different positions and still be saved. The question is, are we as believers honestly evaluating all the Scripture we have to come to our conclusions.

By the way, we still have a link to the Apologetics Index (which I think you were referring to) in the Resources section.

Hope this helps!

Holly
Holly
Owner

Return to Ask Holly