Ezekiel 38 and Israel fullfilled this year?

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Ezekiel 38 and Israel fullfilled this year?

Postby good4u on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:42 am

Holly,

As an avid prophecy watcher, I realize this is speculation on my part, but how high is the probability that Ezekiel 38 & 39 will be a reality this year even BEFORE the US presidential election? I realize it is not a certainity until it happens, but indeed the pieces are nearly completed, IMHO. I also know Ezekiel 38/39 have traditionally been taught as the "Armageddon" battle between AntiChrist and the LORD. However, I am not so sure it is so. Indeed, there might be room for further examination in light of current events now being played out. An open mind may be in order as you consider the evidence.

For example, high seismic activity in northern Israel and Lebanon this year prompting Israeli officials to prepare their citizens as best they can for a sizable earthquake. Next, war games by both Israel and Iran regarding a delicate dance over Iran's growing nuclear capabilities. Iran's declaration that they will have their first on-line nuclear plant ready by Sept. 2008. Threats by Iran against Israel for her "destruction." The close relationship between Russia and Iran to block the West from interference. The list goes on and on and on...

How much longer can these activities continue without a response from Israel? Israel knows her security and existence is threatened. Could it be as soon as the summer's end or even before our presidential election? I just cannot get this out of my mind. What do you think with your expertise and or connections?
"Spirituality wrongly understood or pursued is a major source of human misery and rebellion against God."

Dallas Willard
Professor, Univ. So. Calf. - Los Angeles
good4u

Re: Ezekiel 38 and Israel fullfilled this year?

Postby Holly on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:11 am

good4u,

I believe that the Ezekiel 38-39 war will occur when Israel is experiencing a time of false peace because the Scripture says the people will be living at peace (Ezekiel 38:11). The result of this war is God revealing Himself to the nations and Israel finally turning to her Messiah/ Israel's rebirth (Ezekiel 39:22, 25-29). These descriptions make it appear that this war will be a part of the Armageddon conflict. I could be wrong.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Re: Ezekiel 38 and Israel fullfilled this year?

Postby good4u on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks Holly for your response.

Prophecy watching is difficult business...all of us have to make room for adjustments, including myself. Tho' I have heard this traditional teaching before on Ezekiel 38/39 which you also seem to agree with, I still conclude that because of various events, it is indeed possible that IF Israel strikes Iran's nuclear capabilities like she did Syria and Iraq on a unilateral basis, it could possibly bring into play Ezekiel 38/39. Tho' not currently at war with her neighbors, an uneasy peace (ceasefire?) seems to exist tho' that could change on a dime at any time.

We will see what happens in an increasingly dangerous world we live in and how the US presidential election plays into it.

Thanks.
"Spirituality wrongly understood or pursued is a major source of human misery and rebellion against God."

Dallas Willard
Professor, Univ. So. Calf. - Los Angeles
good4u

Return to Ask Holly