From Daniel 7, we know???

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

From Daniel 7, we know???

Postby RRiley on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 pm

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtop ... 405#364405

Holly wrote:Hi 2thes2,

I'm not familiar with Richardson's book so can't comment on it. From Daniel 7, we know that the Antichrist will be a leader from the revived Roman Empire. The majority of Bible scholars hold this view. The speculation that the Antichrist will be of Islamic, rather than Roman, origin seems to have started since 9/11. I'm skeptical of views that are derived from current events and not Scripture.

Holly

Please, state the Verse in Daniel 7.

If it plainly says "Roman Empire", then I have misread the chapter many, many times.

I think a reread of Daniel 7 will show that the Roman Empire is added by the reader as a habit from "tradition". And some "traditions" are not Biblical.
RRiley

Postby Holly on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 pm

RRiley,

The text doesn't specifically state "Roman Empire," just as it doesn't specifically state the names of the other empires, but instead uses symbolism. Yet, virtually all conservative biblical scholars agree that the four world empires in Daniel 7 (and Daniel 2) are: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome. The consecutive rise of these world empires is clearly demonstrated in history. Further, the Roman Empire was the one in existence at the time the Messiah came, and Daniel 9:26 tells us that it is the "people of the prince who is to come" (the Antichrist) who will destroy Jerusalem and the temple. Those people were the Romans (the people from whom the Antichrist will come).

Liberal scholars identify the empires as: Babylon, Media, Persia and Greece. The reason for this is because they don't believe in predictive prophecy so they assume all the events prophesied in Daniel had to have occurred by the time of the Greek empire (they assume the book of Daniel was written after the events had already occurred rather than when the prophet Daniel was alive as the Bible states).

Since the 10 horns protrude from the fourth beast (the Roman Empire), then the 10 kingdoms/nations that the horns represent must be connected to that beast. So, the 10 horns represent a 10-kingdom/nation alliance that will arise out of the old Roman Empire.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Return to Ask Holly