A muslim Antichrist?

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

A muslim Antichrist?

Postby 2thes2 on Sat May 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi Holly,

I rarely speak my mind on this site, but I have a question I'm curious to hear your opinion on. I really respect both your Dad's and your opinions and am wondering what you think.
I'm reading a book "Antichrist Islam's Awaited Messiah" by Joel Richardson. Have you read it? This is a fascinating book and very well written and researched. It has a very different viewpoint as to the antichrst than I had ever considered, but I find little to find contrary to Scripture. I'd really like to hear your opinion on this book if you get the chance and what do you think of a muslim antichrist? I thank you for all you do here.
2Thes 2
2thes2

Postby Holly on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 am

Hi 2thes2,

I'm not familiar with Richardson's book so can't comment on it. From Daniel 7, we know that the Antichrist will be a leader from the revived Roman Empire. The majority of Bible scholars hold this view. The speculation that the Antichrist will be of Islamic, rather than Roman, origin seems to have started since 9/11. I'm skeptical of views that are derived from current events and not Scripture.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Return to Ask Holly