Pat Robertson

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Pat Robertson

Postby Bob the Quiet on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Hello Holly,

What do you think of him? I've heard that he is a false prophet, and on an episode of the 700 Club that I saw the other morning he had I think a woman pastor on his show.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
-Thomas Jefferson

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Postby Holly on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Bob the Quiet,

Thanks for your question. I haven't spent much time researching Pat Robertson. I'm aware of some failed prophecies and also accusations of misuse of his ministry's finances, though I haven't spent much time researching these things. I'm pretty sure I'd have some theological differences with him, but only feel comfortable commenting on people's teachings when I've read or viewed firsthand sources (their actual books and speaking) and not what I've heard secondhand. Here is a link to a source (Apologetics Index.org) that discusses the teachings of Pat Robertson. I find this Web site to be a generally helpful source in background research and recommend it to people looking for more information on religious groups and people.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/r00.html#robertson

Hope this helps!
Holly
Owner

Postby Bob the Quiet on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks, Holly :mrgreen:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
-Thomas Jefferson

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Return to Ask Holly